Ill Tell You Why Clanwars Is Dead, And Will Never Take Off.

949 replies to this topic

#41 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

OP failed to mention the absolute hissy fit he threw on all chat during the match. He failed to mention the numerous names he called us during the drop. Honestly, if he hadn't been such a spoiled brat about the whole thing, we might have considered just ending it.

He also failed to mention that we apologized to the opposing team before the first shot was even fired. He failed to mention that others on his team recognized what was going to happen and were good sports about it.

In other words, OP is just lying through his teeth because he dropped solo in a mode that he knew was not kind to solo mentality.

#42 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 01 January 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

OP failed to mention the absolute hissy fit he threw on all chat during the match. He failed to mention the numerous names he called us during the drop. Honestly, if he hadn't been such a spoiled brat about the whole thing, we might have considered just ending it.

He also failed to mention that we apologized to the opposing team before the first shot was even fired. He failed to mention that others on his team recognized what was going to happen and were good sports about it.

In other words, OP is just lying through his teeth because he dropped solo in a mode that he knew was not kind to solo mentality.

/thread

#43 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

i didnt start throwing a fit, till i realized half way through what was happening. You had already won, very much so. I just had a hard time comprehending that there would be folks out there who would rather humiliate the other team, for a couple of extra cbills, then be a pro about it and end the obvious slaughter. Have you ever taken a moment and think or examine what your farming of pugs does to them? You needed to know that its a massively negative feeling that makes me want to never come back. i was trying to adequately express to you and your team how i was feeling at the time, and throwing an over the top fit was the only way (turns out i was right here you are).. HOWEVER notice when i started, in no way did i claim we had a chance. Noticed how i gave your team all the credit you had coming to you (skill wise you folks were amazing no doubt). And notice i in no way tried to name or shame. I was just trying to get you folks to realize the effect you are having on the pugs. The only shot i had to get any kind of message through your heads is to throw an over the top tantrum. And it worked. The match is long over, and you still remember. i had no expectation of winning, or even doing great. just decent. And you decided to not only win the match, but humiliate me in the process. Is this what you wanted?

#44 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

View PostKhobai, on 01 January 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

yet pugs are still allowed to play it.

which means a mechanism needs to be in place to prevent pugs from fighting premades.

whats your alternative? ban pugs from playing CW at all? because thats dumb as !@#$

Not only that, they have not made any provision to prevent solo pug players to bring trial mechs into CW.

#45 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

To many people have lives and professions and just don't have the time to commit to a unit or group. So instead of this units making CW more pug friendly, they were all complete and total morons. it may not matter, but i for one am done with CW.

What exactly does time investment have to do with unit or anything else...?
You use VOIP to coordinate if you want to win. It's really that simple. If you land on team "derp", then how exactly is that any different than what happens in the PUB queue when you drop with team derp and get rolled against other PUGs?

Blaming the way CW does match making for players not being "good" is no different than blaming PGI for people running "bad" builds in PUB drops.

The MM system (or lack thereof) has very little, if anything, to do with the result of the drops. Sorry, but sometimes the only constant in all those "bad" teams and games is the individual. I drop with nothing but PUGs on CW and solo.

The vast majority of time our losses are quite simply because we weren't bothering to coordinate and use some strategy. I can admit that.
Sometimes we're just out played by players who are flat out better. I can admit that.
Sometimes we're rolled by cheesy tactics and such. I can admit that.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with any match making system.

That same PUG example above?
Beaten 12man MS a couple of times
Beaten other 12 mans
Beaten other PUGs
Lost to other PUGs

Why exactly does no match making make such a difference for some and not others?

#46 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 January 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

Why do people still care about CW?

People only care when there is an event with prizes. Otherwise, why would anyone?

View PostKhobai, on 01 January 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

I agree pug vs premade is a problem that needs to be addressed in CW. Adding a 4v4 gamemode as a bandaid isnt going to fix the problem. They also need to make it so groups fight groups and premades fight premades.

It also doesnt help that you have clan jade falcon attacking clan wolf because theyre perceived as being an easier opponent to fight than innersphere. which is only making jade falcons innersphere border shrink more.

they need to change it so clans only fight innersphere. no more clan vs clan or innersphere vs innersphere.

the game simply doesnt have enough players to properly populate 10 different factions and have them fight all their neighboring factions. Which is why there should only be 2 factions (IS and Clan) and all the different houses/clans should be subfactions under those main factions.

You are probably right. Maybe that's why PGI never really bothered going into the different faction's lore?

#47 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

which means a mechanism needs to be in place to prevent pugs from fighting premades.

whats your alternative? ban pugs from playing CW at all? because thats dumb as !@#$

As someone who only drops solo, the warning displayed is enough as far as I am concerned. Anyone who does not heed that warning should really not complain.

Edited by Mystere, 01 January 2016 - 10:09 PM.

#48 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

View PostTarogato, on 01 January 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Why would I kill the gens if I can make more money and LP by killing all 48 enemy mechs?

Blame PGI for setting the rewards the way they are, don't blame the players for doing what is sensible because you don't like being on the receiving end of it.

Well, it's a great demonstration of the difference between people who play for stats/earnings and those who simply play to win. Posted Image

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 01 January 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

This is why youll never see group/solo que in CW. Youll see the unit guys screaming that we dont have the population to do it but its really because they just want to farm pugs. All my CW drops yesterday were the same way.

Then make CW stats and earnings be based solely on winning and nothing else.

View PostMauttyKoray, on 01 January 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

I remember people whining to remove 12 mans from public queue and let them have CW to themselves, now its flipped and people are complaining that they aren't wining against ORGANIZED 12 mans while pugging in CW? This community is ridiculous.

Amen!

#49 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

For the purposes of the event, you have the opportunity... with the help of Dropshipjesus to get your match score... assuming you can accumulate approximately 400 damage to any/all targets available for the 100 match score.

If you're not doing approximately ~800 average damage in CW, you are not a credit to the team.

Gen rushing (only) prevents any chance of getting the desired match score you need.

Edited by Deathlike, 01 January 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#50 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

To many people have lives and professions and just don't have the time to commit to a unit or group. So instead of this units making CW more pug friendly, they were all complete and total morons. it may not matter, but i for one am done with CW.

Posted Image

#51 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

So he sounds like YET ANOTHER anti group pro solo rager? YET ANOTHER pro solo that refuses to group/teamwork?
What an absolute shocker.
When will these people adjust their bad attitude?

Over on the HK main TS, we run/form premades all the time, these premdes consist of random solos and the odd unit player-an ad hoc group mostly, we lose some and win some but always have fun. This only takes a few mins to set up easy when you have y'know a community.....this is achieved by shock horror..TALKING to each other....

Solution to CW issues? Attitude adjusment=less ME more WE.

#52 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

What would CW be like if every solo player decided to install Teamspeak and form groups and use VOIP to coordinate instead of just whining about how hard life dropping solo in CW is?

#53 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

No and if you'd posted my entire response you would have shown it as well, make them actually have to grind and get 4 mechs before they are allowed into CW, no trial mechs.

By that point they will at least have a grasp of what mechs work and what don't and hopefully will also have been using at least VioP if not one of the TS servers, I see new players get invited onto comms by folks all the time, if they do it usually will help them, if not asking questions in game will also get folks that have been around the chance to try to help them as well.

#54 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

I just had a hard time comprehending that there would be folks out there who would rather humiliate the other team, for a couple of extra cbills, then be a pro about it and end the obvious slaughter.

Are you new to the internet? Or life even?

#55 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

The idea that WE the community need to fix CW and not PGI continues to confound me.

#56 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 January 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

As someone who only drops solo, the warning displayed is enough as dar as I am concerned. Anyone who does not heed that warning should really not complain.

You hit that one on the head for those that don't bother to read it as well.

#57 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 January 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

What would CW be like if every solo player decided to install Teamspeak and form groups and use VOIP to coordinate instead of just whining about how hard life dropping solo in CW is?

It would be awesome because the fights would be more intense and fun for everyone, at least to those that enjoy a good fight.

#58 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 January 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

What exactly does time investment have to do with unit or anything else...?
You use VOIP to coordinate if you want to win. It's really that simple. If you land on team "derp", then how exactly is that any different than what happens in the PUB queue when you drop with team derp and get rolled against other PUGs?

What percent of the community uses VOIP and why would you create a mode that requires it to be successful? Especially in a free to play game. Especially in one that just opened itself up to a bunch of new players through Steam. Especially when it would be so easy for it to be accessible to all.

Face it, VOIP is used as much as common sense. Do you rely on people using common sense IRL? Is common sense a requirement or do people somehow manage to get by without it?

#59 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

However when you do this, i GUARANTEE you you are faming your competition right out of the mode. it takes a certain temperament, more on the rare side, to just que up match after match and get farmed. More often then not, the person will just never que up for CW again.

And again, its just the larger units not taking the time to be decent human beings. You can hold back, let the other pug group form up, then 12 v 12 them. They still have no shot in hell beating you, you will still get your epeen on and leet damagez, and feel good about yourself, however you are allowing the guy or gal on the other end a sense of dignity in loosing. . But no,.....ask yourself why do you feel the need to not only beat them, but humiliate them. Cause thats what you do when you farm them one at a time. Humiliate them. There are Many ways to win, get your damage, and still give the guy sitting at the other computer a sense and feeling of dignity while they play.

i fully admit i will never be a unicum like yourself. i have a regular career and just not enough time to practice to get that good. Im not saying i need to win all the time. I just wish units would win, yet still give the other guy at least some shot at dignity, rather then stomping them, then completely humiliating them in the process.

I agree. If this was a different game where devs actually made the game, this wouldn't be an issue but since the players design the game here, it is a huge problem and why CW is usually not very populated (in comparison to the pug queue).

#60 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:18 PM

the reason why clan wars is bad... is because it is always available.. If they turned it into Event driven, it would be so much better,. run in a few nights a week, or a weekend.. make it tournament style,,... it would be 10X what is is

the problem is there is really no reason to play it,, outside of groups Pug stomping. when they have events the numbers skyrocket, so why not just make it an event driven aspect of the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users