76 replies to this topic

#1 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:35 PM

20$ for the basic pack is ok... and it has good contents.

yet for an additional 20$ you only get a re-skin of a variant that you already have and thats it...
does this sound reasonable to you?

#2 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

C bill bonus on additional mech

30 more days premium time

6 more cockpit items

Seems fairly reasonable to me for those who want the optional pack.

Didn't really see anything hidden in there that qualifies as a "trap".

#3 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostDahkoht, on 03 February 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

C bill bonus on additional mech

30 more days premium time

6 more cockpit items

Seems fairly reasonable to me for those who want the optional pack.

Didn't really see anything hidden in there that qualifies as a "trap".

well then... different points of view on "value" then

because... super expensive prem time is one of the biggest traps in this games (and it constantly runs)

And you forgot to mention 6 more IDENTICAL cockpit items

#4 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

Quite honestly I see it the other way round. You'll be able to buy those basic mechs for C-bills after a few months, so you're essentially paying $20 purely for a headstart over other players. At least with the collector pack and Spirit Bear you're getting income boosting mechs that'll always cost real money to buy.

#5 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 03 February 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

Quite honestly I see it the other way round. You'll be able to buy those basic mechs for C-bills after a few months, so you're essentially paying $20 purely for a headstart over other players. At least with the collector pack and Spirit Bear you're getting income boosting mechs that'll always cost real money to buy.

yes i know that.

i'm saying that it is not worth 20$ extra... 10$ max.

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:08 PM

It's smart. They have the $20 for the more reasonable spenders. And then the $40 for the people with money to spend on extra goodies that don't amount to quite as much.

#7 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 February 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

yes i know that.

i'm saying that it is not worth 20$ extra... 10$ max.

Atlas mastery bundle is $41 with a C-bill boost hero. Kodiak gets an extra basic mech for that price. Did you really expect them to completely undercut existing mech prices? I'd say it compares pretty well as it is.

#8 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 03 February 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

It's smart. They have the $20 for the more reasonable spenders. And then the $40 for the people with money to spend on extra goodies that don't amount to quite as much.

This.

Like every collector edition of every item ever made. It's never made to be a better "value" than any base edition. It's for those who have the disposable income to buy the OPTIONAL thing they want of a certain item because it's worth it to them.

Shockingly hard for some to grasp.

#9 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 03 February 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

Atlas mastery bundle is $41 with a C-bill boost hero. Kodiak gets an extra basic mech for that price. Did you really expect them to completely undercut existing mech prices? I'd say it compares pretty well as it is.

overpriced is overpriced... be it atlas or kodiak.
well. i guess its different viewpoints on value then.

some do like prem time and cockpit jingles.

O7

#10 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

Are you kidding? I just bought a Blackjack mastery bundle because I wanted another month of premium time and some mechbays. I've probably milked over a billion cbills out of premium time bonuses, and I don't think I've even run down 200 total days worth. Premium time is 50% of why I cave into buying mech packs, it's definitely the most value I get out of the deal if you consider how many mechs I've bought and kitted with the money.

Though I guess the Blackjacks are kinda neat too.

#11 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

Remember the one thing that collector mech and the standard version only has to be master one time so when you basic elite and master it only one time you have to do it. But i will agree on something if i am goin to pony up for the collector collection and the hero mech pack all at one shot how about a 5 dollar reduction on the hero mech if bought with the collector pack. Would get more people buying both it and hero instead of the standard and the hero. Iskipped the rifleman pack but i have bought all other ones that they did just don't like the jagermech or rifleman mechs personal reason.

Other than that it not a bad mechexcept for the assault que getting max out once it drops nice 100 mech. I have the orgins clan pack might get this not a clan player per see but would be nice to have 100 option when my unit goes clan for a contract.

Still would love to be able to drop with a mix deck since I am a merc would be a nice option if one of your drop deck could be clan tech if your merc.

#12 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

Who cares? If your don't think it's of value then don't buy it, or wait for the C-bill release. If you want to support the game further, and you do see value, buy the hero add-on.

This is nothing new; this is how the past four IS mechs have been released. What's the impetus for this post now instead of when the Maurauder was announced?

I'll buy it to support the game for those who can't afford to. You can decide whether or not to buy the hero or reinforcement pack for yourself. There's no secret scan here, just a personal financial choice.

#13 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:38 PM

I like that mech...
If the hero variant had jump-jets, I would've put cash down.
Though looking at the lone jump-capable model, losing 4 energy points for it...

#14 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

Well, I see no issues with the pricing.

That said I just bought Dark Souls 3 collectors edition for $180 CDN. And have 0 regrets!! :D So, take from that what you will, lol!

#15 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

View Postgrendeldog, on 03 February 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Who cares? If your don't think it's of value then don't buy it, or wait for the C-bill release. If you want to support the game further, and you do see value, buy the hero add-on.

This is nothing new; this is how the past four IS mechs have been released. What's the impetus for this post now instead of when the Maurauder was announced?

I'll buy it to support the game for those who can't afford to. You can decide whether or not to buy the hero or reinforcement pack for yourself. There's no secret scan here, just a personal financial choice.

Yes, i posted a thread like this for the marauder too.
Some people said that the prices are just high because those are the unseen and they may need the cash in case any legal issues happen.

That reason does not hold for the Kodiak though.

Well. I guess we all have different opinions on this matter.

#16 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 February 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

overpriced is overpriced... be it atlas or kodiak.
well. i guess its different viewpoints on value then.

some do like prem time and cockpit jingles.

O7

Don't get me wrong, I think everything's overpriced. You won't find someone who values extra fluff and crap less either. It's just that once they've already charged those prices for so long you can never expect them to drop much. Even if they decided a much lower price was appropriate, what would they do? Make new mechs much cheaper than old ones? Make all mechs including older ones suddenly cheaper and cause howls of outrage from the previous buyers who paid too much? The easiest path for PGI is to keep using roughly the same price structure and just shave the edges down a bit to reduce the sting and make it easier to swallow- and that's just what we should expect from them, regardless of what things should cost ideally if they'd done things better from the start.

#17 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

Given the C-Bill cost of Clan 'mechs, it seems like a steal to get the Kodiak for the same pricing as the Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman, and Archer.

Hell, the $20 base cost is a way better deal than getting Panthers or Wolfhounds for the same price during either of the Resistance sales...

#18 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 February 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

well then... different points of view on "value" then

because... super expensive prem time is one of the biggest traps in this games (and it constantly runs)

And you forgot to mention 6 more IDENTICAL cockpit items

Most memberships to anything cost about $15-$20 a month. If premium time is $12 the difference for the other stuff is $8. I use premium time and would buy it anyway and the cockpit items are fun for me, because I am too cheap to spend cbills on them.

I like this model, because you can buy what is good, not 2 mechs to get the one decent Heavy. There is also enough "stuff" to make the pre-order okay if you missed it.

#19 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

the collectors pack has always been a trap.

it would make way more sense if they just threw in the hero variant for free instead of the duplicate variant.

for $20 you should get 3 variants with nothing special, option to add on hero variant later for $15

-OR-

for $40 you should get 3 variants, one with the cbill booster, and the hero variant (also with a cbill booster) plus the extra month of premium

that would make sense... but PGI did it the stupid way. who wants to pay for duplicate variants of mechs? not me.

Edited by Khobai, 03 February 2016 - 07:59 PM.

#20 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostcSand, on 03 February 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

Well, I see no issues with the pricing.

That said I just bought Dark Souls 3 collectors edition for $180 CDN. And have 0 regrets!! Posted Image So, take from that what you will, lol!

DS3 eh?

I had concerns over your grip on reality to begin with... This confirms it. Posted Image

I watched my kid play Dark Souls. That shizzle is hard yo!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users