Countdown To The Rifleman Release - 1 Days Left!

166 replies to this topic

#161 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

been having fun in my riflemen :D

#162 Dodger79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

I like the Rifleman :-)

Only thing that i am missing: a rotating antenna instead of the fixed one we have now. Would be kind of cool.

#163 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

Yup, it's a fine machine. So far, my best setup seems to be the 3N with its stocj weapons. Throw an XL255, Endo, and bump up the armor and ammo, and it works pretty great as-is :D

The fire rate on the LB10X on my LK is glorious n.n I'm a little light on armor with it still, which is hurting me.... But I'll wait until I get it elited before I decide whether I need to tweak it or not. Running 2LB10X and 2LLs with an XL255

I do wish we could look all the way up without having to hold ctrl, though... Why is our up angle artificially limited?

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 18 February 2016 - 07:56 AM.

#164 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:06 AM

Surprisingly fun mech: PGI's been knocking them out of the park with the Unseen.

I dropped three in CW last night just to grind them - two were virgin mechs without a single unlock. Had second most damage on the team by a wide margin. Still fragile with an XL, but those arms soak up a ton of damage.

#165 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with mine, haven't tried the all energy one yet (energy boats get boring, and there was chatter about its accel/decel quirks not working so I didn't bother) but so far so good on the 3N (AC20, 4xML, STD280), 3C (2xUAC5, 4xML, STD250) and Legend Killer (2xLB10X, 4xML, XL280).

Combined 3.62 K:D after the weekend, which is way above my average. The pug life was good this weekend, had some close matches and the rare ones where I got ganked early the team actually played well.

I was shocked that the LB10X seems decent when you pile enough cooldown quirks on it. Could just be that the enemy doesn't make you a priority target, but it provides steady DPS and Legend Killer has a bit of torso structure to help with the XL.

#166 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 18 February 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

Yup, it's a fine machine. So far, my best setup seems to be the 3N with its stocj weapons. Throw an XL255, Endo, and bump up the armor and ammo, and it works pretty great as-is Posted Image

The fire rate on the LB10X on my LK is glorious n.n I'm a little light on armor with it still, which is hurting me.... But I'll wait until I get it elited before I decide whether I need to tweak it or not. Running 2LB10X and 2LLs with an XL255

I do wish we could look all the way up without having to hold ctrl, though... Why is our up angle artificially limited?

Torso pitch of 20 degrees is one of the only things on the Rifleman I don't like, but I don't have any issues with arm lock toggle like some people seem to. Left shift toggles arm lock for me just fine.

#167 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:44 AM

Considering the horizontally locked arms, the Rifleman HAS to facetank to do damage. While it's light enough as a Heavy that an XL will allow for bigger guns, I do highly recommend going for a STD in this mech.

ie. you can do more damage if you live longer into the match than you can if you can do a huge alpha a couple times before dying to a side torso exploding.

That's my experience, at least: I seem to lose a torso far more often than I get cored out, and people are starting to get used to where to shoot the Rifleman, at least in the higher Tiers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users