• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:41 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 06 March 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...80#entry5063180 #ClanPeopleProblems

.. oh I pitty the clan players having to decide which superior weapon is most superior.

I, for one, prefer the IS AC10 over the Clan offering. Yes, despite the C-UAC10's ability to double tap (at the cost of possibly jamming) and despite the range advantage. That's of course largely personal preference and, I assume, hinges on the chassis you put the IS AC10s on - quirks and all... Dunno, the burst fire of C-UACs feels like a bigger drawback than some people like to think - or so I feel, at least. It allows for more damage spreading on the target's part while increasing face time on the 'Mech running the UAC's, as you can't start to twist as early.

Essentially, if you allowed me to run mixed tech, I'd probably keep my IS AC10s on my WHM-6R. There's a lot to be said about weapon balance and weapon imbalance, but the ACs are actually weapons I'd point out as a positive example of the "equal but different" approach.

View PostMechregSurn, on 06 March 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

if you guys actually think IS mechs are better... Your team would be IS. We all know this truth, and you look ridiculous denying it.

Well, you're playing IS. You're also claiming Clan 'Mechs are superior. So I suppose you could say that players don't exclusively pick their side based on what they think is best, right? I don't know why you, specifically, picked the IS, but from what you're posting, it's not because of superiority on the battlefield. Maybe someone's picking the Clans for the same reasons you picked IS for, you know?

Edited by Luminis, 07 March 2016 - 01:42 AM.

#82 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 07 March 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

I particularly like the fact that IS mechs got nerfed and then IS players are being called noobs for getting reduced damage output. That is the very definition of d-baggery!

I can understand that IS range has been nerfed because it was insane.
Except when dropping CW (depending on team contract), in solo and group que I was using IS mechs only.... and I can say I'm not masochist Posted Image

Also, I can understand that your concept of balance meant clans could not conquer any planet, and IS managed to hold everything.

So, at the end, the only thing I can say to you is:

K.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 07 March 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#83 ShruggingAtlas1

Rookie

• General III
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:26 AM

I have spent many many hours and C-Bills working up certain mechs. IN MOST CASES I HAD TO BUY 2 MORE VARIANTS I HAD NO WANT FOR JUST TO WORK THE ONE I WANTED ALL THE WAY UP. I HAVE NOW BEEN DEPRIVED OF MY PROPERTY (TIME AND EFFORT) BECAUSE THE OF THE CHANGES TO THE ENERGY WEAPON QUIRKS. IF I HAD KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN I WOULD HAVE WORKED UP OTHER MECHS. I CANNOT FULLY EXPRESS HOW UPSETTING THIS IS. ONE EXAMPLE IS MY AWESOME 9M IT NO LONGER EVEN HAS THE PPC RANGE BONUS BECAUSE OF THE NO QUIRK OVER 10%. SO NOW I HAVE A MECH WITH A CRAPPY EASY TO HIT PROFILE AND NO RANGE BONUS THAT MADE IT EFFECTIVE TO USE IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHAT GOOD IS AN AWESOME THAT HAS NO RANGE BONUS? THIS IS COMPLETE BS.

#84 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:46 AM

Just imagine you had bought Clan 'Mechs prior to PGI changing Clan heat sinks...

Besides, wasn't the Awesome considered bad even before the nerf? Anyway, pro tip: Don't chase quirks.

#85 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:52 AM

View PostShruggingAtlas1, on 07 March 2016 - 05:26 AM, said:

I have spent many many hours and C-Bills working up certain mechs. IN MOST CASES I HAD TO BUY 2 MORE VARIANTS I HAD NO WANT FOR JUST TO WORK THE ONE I WANTED ALL THE WAY UP. I HAVE NOW BEEN DEPRIVED OF MY PROPERTY (TIME AND EFFORT) BECAUSE THE OF THE CHANGES TO THE ENERGY WEAPON QUIRKS. IF I HAD KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN I WOULD HAVE WORKED UP OTHER MECHS. I CANNOT FULLY EXPRESS HOW UPSETTING THIS IS. ONE EXAMPLE IS MY AWESOME 9M IT NO LONGER EVEN HAS THE PPC RANGE BONUS BECAUSE OF THE NO QUIRK OVER 10%. SO NOW I HAVE A MECH WITH A CRAPPY EASY TO HIT PROFILE AND NO RANGE BONUS THAT MADE IT EFFECTIVE TO USE IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHAT GOOD IS AN AWESOME THAT HAS NO RANGE BONUS? THIS IS COMPLETE BS.

believe me or not, this is my M9 before receiving crazy ppc quirks.
Posted Image

Imo, it was not bad..... maybe because I didn't run ppc ;)

#86 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 06 March 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

Rad,
FYI everyone has teamspeak, and if you guys actually think IS mechs are better... Your team would be IS. We all know this truth, and you look ridiculous denying it.

Can i assume from this comment that you only play one side (because you seem to assume others only play one side)? If so you should stop commenting on balance, because you have no idea until you see things from both sides. Its easy to think the other side is OP if 1) You have never played that side and 2) you arent as good at the game as you think you are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users