How can you not see it?

Probably plays in third person. Posted Image

#202 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

Since HBS' Battletech project's story has been confirmed canon already, it will be interesting to see what design choices they make in this regard. If HBS redacts the cooling vests in the story, that will basically make it official.

#203 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostCion, on 12 February 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

https://www.instagra...chwarrioronline

Posted Image

I think it's an improvement

Damn nice ! And maybe a future animation with eject button ?

#204 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:13 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 15 February 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

Since HBS' Battletech project's story has been confirmed canon already, it will be interesting to see what design choices they make in this regard. If HBS redacts the cooling vests in the story, that will basically make it official.

Well, this is one of their arts they use as promotional material
Posted Image

#205 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:25 AM

I'm a tiny bit disappointed the the pilot skipped leg day a lot, I hope they actually have the character move forward and back for the FOV slider instead of using camera zoom to fix the fisheye issue.

#206 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 February 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

Well, this is one of their arts they use as promotional material
Posted Image

It's the story that's been confirmed canon(and only recently), so early concept art isn't likely to tell us anything.

#207 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 15 February 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

It's the story that's been confirmed canon(and only recently), so early concept art isn't likely to tell us anything.

Well, until they release something else, it's the only thing we can go off on.

#208 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:46 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 February 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

Well, until they release something else, it's the only thing we can go off on.

Which is why I said it will be interesting to see, because there's no way to know what they're going to produce for the story. That art was probably drawn with the assumption that it needed to follow established canon, as it was drawn long before the game's story was even funded, much less confirmed to be canon.

#209 S13gtastic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 119 posts
  • LocationBig Sky

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

I really really really hope they add in flight suit cosmetic changes, the "it has to be realistic" crowd can stuff it here I'd like to be in my boxer briefs in my mech.

Is it pointless and not adding more game mechanics? Sure. Should stuff that adds polish to the game be met with pitchforks and torches? No way.

#210 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 12 February 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

lol
Classic sci-fi fantasy. I'm surprised her nipples aren't showing through the vest.

Also, notice the phallic Marauder in the background with its raised AC5. That patriarchy, man. Destroying our society.

BLASPHEMY. that is not a "Marauder" that is a Stone Rhino.

#211 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

View PostS13gtastic, on 15 February 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

I really really really hope they add in flight suit cosmetic changes, the "it has to be realistic" crowd can stuff it here I'd like to be in my boxer briefs in my mech.

Is it pointless and not adding more game mechanics? Sure. Should stuff that adds polish to the game be met with pitchforks and torches? No way.

Couldn't agree more.

Its like some of these guys never read a book. These things need to be descriptive and atmospheric and stuff like that. A book or movie where everyone wears exactly the same thing? Or takes no time in doing these things properly?

Some video games put a lot effort into this sort of thing. I'm glad MechWarrior Online found enough time to nifscope a mostly static pilot model and complete a texture to go with it in the last few years. Its like watching a train wreck, I cant look away.

(I'm kidding about the last comment :)) (Which is a lot more funny to me than to anyone building the game I bet. :))

Edited by Johnny Z, 15 February 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#212 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

View PostZibmo, on 14 February 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

Probably the best game balance change they could possibly make. Glad they spent resources on this - we were in dire need.

Implying Artists make balance decisions.

Posted Image

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 15 February 2016 - 04:41 AM, said:

I can't accept that as an excuse for bad, lazily written science fiction. No one is stopping you or anyone else from keeping whatever nonsense fluff you want, it is a tabletop universe after all, but it's 2016 and concepts like that need to be left behind if Battletech wants to continue gaining popularity.

What is needed of a fictional universe: A fictional universe must adhere to the rules it sets forth for itself.

Battletech does this, if you can accept 30+ foot tall, 100ton walking death machines, in a future that's ******** it'self in places that's lower tech wise than what we had in the 80's. with weaponry that we right now, can outrange and out damage... then you can put up with one little tiny issue such as the coolant vest issue.

Goddess, you seriously need to adjust your priority's if this is the biggest issue you have with Battletech on the "it doesn't make sense" scale.

#213 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 12 February 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

Looks good but totally unnecessary to waste resources on but PGI gonna PGi.

How so? And what MAJOR item is the guy doing textures re doing your cockpit sprite really taking away from?

Making your game visually better is a waste of resources....right.

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 14 February 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

You left off the people that want PGI to prioritize development properly not focusing on what is essentially just fluff, which is the most correct stance IMO.

I dont know about you, but i dont want ARTIST working on game balance or anything like that. Artist are Artist, not often are they also working on Balance, Core development and Day care for the whiny pilots.

Edited by Revis Volek, 15 February 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#214 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 15 February 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

Luckily, in the source material, there are a variety of solutions for pilot cooling, and because you've got so many different factions involved, there really is no ONE standard.

In the SLDF era, pilots work cooling shirts and shorts under a full cooling suit... air tight. This went lostech in the Successionist era (except for in the clans)... where they used cooling vests over various uniforms. So shorts? possible. Full jumpsuits? Yup. SLDF-type cooling suits... also yup. But folks like to say that a particular description in a particular book is representative to universal canon on the whole... it tends not to be so simple. Whatever solution HBS comes up with will already likely fit canon... as long as they don't try to explicitly override the source material (which is the bible).

#215 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 15 February 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

How so? And what MAJOR item is the guy doing textures re doing your cockpit sprite really taking away from?

Making your game visually better is a waste of resources....right.

I dont know about you, but i dont want ARTIST working on game balance or anything like that. Artist are Artist, not often are they also working on Balance, Core development and Day care for the whiny pilots.

Who said anything about having artist's code? Fire artist and hire people who can code and fix issues and add features any game has that enriches gameplay.

#216 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:24 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 15 February 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

Who said anything about having artist's code? Fire artist and hire people who can code and fix issues and add features any game has that enriches gameplay.

Or maybe keep that artist employed doing little stuff like this because he or she puts out quality work and you want to keep talented artists around because you'll need them again for major projects later on.

Firing an employee because you don't need him right this second reflects poorly on you as an employer. Who would want to work for you if you treat your employees this way

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 15 February 2016 - 11:25 PM.

#217 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 15 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

Or maybe keep that artist employed doing little stuff like this because he or she puts out quality work and you want to keep talented artists around because you'll need them again for major projects later on.

Firing an employee because you don't need him right this second reflects poorly on you as an employer. Who would want to work for you if you treat your employees this way

They still got the outfit wrong. Business is business...if it hurts your feels then you need to toughen up.

#218 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 15 February 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

They still got the outfit wrong. Business is business...if it hurts your feels then you need to toughen up.

I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem like particularly good business to fire an employee just because he's not critically needed at this very moment, especially when he'll probably be needed in the near future. Seems like an awful waste of time to discard an employee who already knows your company's practices, policies, workflows, and culture just to save on a month's salary when you have to train up his replacement.

And what's wrong with the outfit? Looks fine to me.

#219 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:15 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 15 February 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem like particularly good business to fire an employee just because he's not critically needed at this very moment, especially when he'll probably be needed in the near future. Seems like an awful waste of time to discard an employee who already knows your company's practices, policies, workflows, and culture just to save on a month's salary when you have to train up his replacement.

The problem is they have less people coding than they do doing art. Might be why this game only gets mech packs and not actual content huh?

As far as the pilot suit goes many have went over that. Something about a vest and bare legs. I don't care because I never look at the start up sequence. I am watching TV until I hear the systems nominal BS so I can actually play. Apparently some poeple like to roleplay looking at it thousands of times over and over.

#220 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:45 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 15 February 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

Its very detailed and looks great. That it isn't visible often is a shame but its great it is finally finished in a proper way. Different pilot clothing for Clan vrs Inner Sphere is probly on the way to so that awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users