#82 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostCK16, on 15 February 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Yup! A list though of technologically possible mechs can be made. Such as some IS Omnidesigns and a few post Invasion Clan designs. Though there are issues with the same as the Madcat MK.II some varriants become difficult to fit and some don't have many varriants period.

IS:
- Bushwacker
- Thanatos
- Sunder
- Uziel
- Argus
Many Ect.

Clan:
- Cougar
- Nova Cat
- Madcat Mk.II
Many ect.

I feel the best bet for the Madcat Mk.II comes in a Clan time jump package that does not offer future weapons or revolutionary systems. There needs to be a 4 pack for IS as well with the same requirements. So it would need 7 more mechs to back it up, 1 in each class and faction.

Pretty sure since it's out alone like the Kodiak is they will sell it as a one off mech. I'm defiantly fighting to get gold offered because I know 3 people besides me that will buy it :P

Edited by Imperius, 15 February 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#83 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 15 February 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

That's pretty much what I'd expect if the Mad Cat Mk.II were to be implemented in MWO - "take the Mad Cat model, replace the arms with those of the Cauldron Born, and scale the whole thing up by a volumetric increase of (approximately) 20%".

Note that, by virtue of the Square-Cube Law, a ~20% increase in overall volume corresponds to a ~6.27% increase in linear dimensions.

I would actually be kinda sad if they copy paste the Ebon Jag arms on. I want a arms to have the housing they do on all artworks, models, and figures. I don't want a giant Gauss Barre sticking out, maybe the triangle end sticking out a bit but only like a foot. I would be kinda turned off if it had large barrels sticking out.

#84 Aetes Kotare

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostCK16, on 14 February 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

It became Iconic to the Mechwarrior universe with Mechwarrior 4. So much that Wizkids attempt at a TT used the Silhouette of a Madcat Mk.II in the logo, and a few others I believe have as well used a similar logo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

While true also not true

'Like its predecessor, the original Mad Cat, the Mad Cat Mk II has been made the icon 'Mech for the franchise with the attempted re-imagining of BattleTech with WizKids Games' Dark Age miniatures game and storyline. However, the Mk II never actually appeared in Dark Age. There were a total of eight "Mad Cat II" models, but all of them were, rather than Mk II models, visually identical to the original Mad Cat. The Mad Cat II miniatures were explained to be direct upgrades to the original Mad Cat chassis.
The model was even used as the original Timber Wolf figure for the MechAssaultset.'

Such an icon they never bothered to actually make the things >.<

Edited by Aetes Kotare, 15 February 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#85 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

I couldn't disagree with this thread more. This game has some serious issues to address before bringing in something like this mech, not mention if you want to time jump let's start at 3058. Let's see how the Clan players deal with a more leveled playing field. Forget mechs. Talk weapons. Medium Range Missiles, how about Inferno rounds for SRMs Heavy Gauss Rifles. A lot of goodies in the 3058 TRO. For IS and the Clans.

#86 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 15 February 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

I couldn't disagree with this thread more. This game has some serious issues to address before bringing in something like this mech, not mention if you want to time jump let's start at 3058. Let's see how the Clan players deal with a more leveled playing field. Forget mechs. Talk weapons. Medium Range Missiles, how about Inferno rounds for SRMs Heavy Gauss Rifles. A lot of goodies in the 3058 TRO. For IS and the Clans.

Iv been in favour of implementing IS tech 2 for a long time, so its curious that I face so much resistance on that front, often from the same people who complain that the clans are OP.

Regardless, these two ventures are not mutually exclusive. The MK II doesn't require tech 2, but if we get tech 2, the MK II gets more variants. Everyone wins.

But again, you're probably here because you think the clans are OP. Being a tier 5 player, I can hardly blame you, but the vast majority of clan mechs are trash. Compare a summoner to a warhammer, a nova to a crab, a shadow cat or ice ferret to a black jack, a kit fox to a firestarter.

Aside from a few choice mechs, blessed by well sized engines and scarcity of fixed equipment, the vast majority of clan mechs are either vastly under or over engined, or stuck with minimally effective fixed equipment, and as for the battlemechs, well, they have no quirks, so, being roughly the same size as IS mechs, they are made of paper, and crumple just as easily as a result.

This narrative that the clans are totally and utterly overpowered and therefore not worthy of getting even a single assault thats worth taking in community warfare, is simply a tool used by mechregsurn, cathy, and the other hard core IS fanyboys to TRY to convince PGI to remove clans altogether. Thankfully, the only thing those TT thumpers ever succeeded in doing is convincing tier 5s like yourself that your bad games can be blamed, not on yourself or your team, but on the other team taking mtn dew tryhard doritos twitch shooter mechs. In other words, they're lying to you.

Edited by pbiggz, 15 February 2016 - 01:53 PM.

#87 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

View PostCK16, on 15 February 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

I would actually be kinda sad if they copy paste the Ebon Jag arms on. I want a arms to have the housing they do on all artworks, models, and figures. I don't want a giant Gauss Barre sticking out, maybe the triangle end sticking out a bit but only like a foot. I would be kinda turned off if it had large barrels sticking out.

Though, do keep in mind that re-use of assets is a common practice for PGI - as an example, look closely and you'll see that the upper and lower leg sections (that is, the thigh and the shin/calf) of the MWO Mad Cat are actually copied from those of the MWO Cataphract, rotated 180-degrees about their long axes (e.g. the front of the Mad Cat's lower leg is the back of the Cataphract's lower leg).

Reusing the Cauldron Born's arms (perhaps with a few bits of additional geometry to better disguise them), IMO, is the path of least resistance as far as getting the general look; it'd be less work-intensive than, say, stretching the Marauder's forearm sections and using those instead, which is in turn less work-intensive that coming up with entirely new geometry when what they already have would be quite serviceable.

Likewise, I would expect a hypothetical MWO rendition of the Mad Cat Mk.II to again re-use (re-reuse?) the leg sections of the Cataphract, as much to maintain continuity with the original MWO Mad Cat as to again save man-hours.
Alternatively, they might just re-use the legs of the MWO Marauder (which, remember, are supposed to be the legs used to build the original Cataphracts in BattleTech).

So, yes, I expect a MWO Mad Cat Mk.II to be much more FrankenMech than original geometry.

#88 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:06 PM

Certainly not opposed to it, but not even remotely excited about it. As long as it can be implemented with current tech, there's no inherit harm to adding it to MWO.

#89 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 15 February 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Kodiak variant 3 is 3068, limitation for mechs to come is tech not timeline. We listed a good 4-5 variants that will fit in just fine. Harjell III in Sarna does absolutely nothing, so it can be left out. (In TT it apparently heals legs but we don't follow TT to the letter so we can skip the system)

Another variant uses a light probe instead of a regular this could be implemented easy, copy paste rename clan probe, change XML values, and some database code; Or it could be ignored and use the clan active probe and shave off some armor to compensate for the .5 extra ton.

Look the Urbie they went way out of their way to make. It actually required programming. This mech will not and all it needs is Alex's magic and some minimal load out fudging.

#90 Aetes Kotare

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

I want the bad Clan Victor just so these threads stop...

#91 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 15 February 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Iv been in favour of implementing IS tech 2 for a long time, so its curious that I face so much resistance on that front, often from the same people who complain that the clans are OP.

Regardless, these two ventures are not mutually exclusive. The MK II doesn't require tech 2, but if we get tech 2, the MK II gets more variants. Everyone wins.

But again, you're probably here because you think the clans are OP. Being a tier 5 player, I can hardly blame you, but the vast majority of clan mechs are trash. Compare a summoner to a warhammer, a nova to a crab, a shadow cat or ice ferret to a black jack, a kit fox to a firestarter.

Aside from a few choice mechs, blessed by well sized engines and scarcity of fixed equipment, the vast majority of clan mechs are either vastly under or over engined, or stuck with minimally effective fixed equipment, and as for the battlemechs, well, they have no quirks, so, being roughly the same size as IS mechs, they are made of paper, and crumple just as easily as a result.

This narrative that the clans are totally and utterly overpowered and therefore not worthy of getting even a single assault thats worth taking in community warfare, is simply a tool used by mechregsurn, cathy, and the other hard core IS fanyboys to TRY to convince PGI to remove clans altogether. Thankfully, the only thing those TT thumpers ever succeeded in doing is convincing tier 5s like yourself that your bad games can be blamed, not on yourself or your team, but on the other team taking mtn dew tryhard doritos twitch shooter mechs. In other words, they're lying to you.

Don't make the mistake of equating tier level for skill. I play CW almost exclusively, and only do QP to either test mech loadouts or challenges. Been at this game since beta and could give a good goddamn about tier.

Edited by Tavious Grimm, 15 February 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#92 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:24 PM

View PostImperius, on 15 February 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

Kodiak variant 3 is 3068, limitation for mechs to come is tech not timeline. We listed a good 4-5 variants that will fit in just fine. Harjell III in Sarna does absolutely nothing, so it can be left out. (In TT it apparently heals legs but we don't follow TT to the letter so we can skip the system)

Another variant uses a light probe instead of a regular this could be implemented easy, copy paste rename clan probe, change XML values, and some database code; Or it could be ignored and use the clan active probe and shave off some armor to compensate for the .5 extra ton.

Look the Urbie they went way out of their way to make. It actually required programming. This mech will not and all it needs is Alex's magic and some minimal load out fudging.

My issue with the Harjel III is that any location it is mounted in, has a heal pack... and the Mk II has it in more than just the legs.... If it was just this, then yes sure no problem skip it, but there are just so many versions of it that have something that doesn't fit in the current weapon techs....

Like I said before, it's coming, not a mater of if, but when. And for everyone looking forward to it, I hope it is everything you want it to be. I'm just going to be over here, enjoying being able to use my unseens for the first time in a Mechwarrior title since Crescent Hawks....

#93 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 15 February 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

My issue with the Harjel III is that any location it is mounted in, has a heal pack... and the Mk II has it in more than just the legs.... If it was just this, then yes sure no problem skip it, but there are just so many versions of it that have something that doesn't fit in the current weapon techs....

Like I said before, it's coming, not a mater of if, but when. And for everyone looking forward to it, I hope it is everything you want it to be. I'm just going to be over here, enjoying being able to use my unseens for the first time in a Mechwarrior title since Crescent Hawks....

Eh, Harjel could be implemented in like structure quirks a bit either internal or armor but not both. Not game breaking amount but give it more HP pretty much then the average Madcat Mk.II, the 6 might be the Meta one though and maybe as a money grab (and some might say PTW) make this variant the special variant for pre-order and MC only.

#94 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

Looks pretty legit.

Watching this video makes me remember that PGI needs to buff hover jets though: there's no way a 90 tonner could jump that high or that quickly with the current stats of Class I and II JJs.

#95 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostTop Leliel, on 15 February 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Looks pretty legit.

Watching this video makes me remember that PGI needs to buff hover jets though: there's no way a 90 tonner could jump that high or that quickly with the current stats of Class I and II JJs.

OMG I would love to have my 90 tonner jump like that xD Same with Kodiak...I don't want them to be like Saturn V rocket launch...

#96 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostCK16, on 15 February 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

OMG I would love to have my 90 tonner jump like that xD Same with Kodiak...I don't want them to be like Saturn V rocket launch...

If they just made jumpjets give you major UPS but make the course more difficult to control (like in living legends, you hit JJs and followed a relatively stable arc). Additionally, if you just made jumpjet shake last until you landed, then jumpjets would be what they were meant to be, a maneuverability enhancement, rather than a tool for poptarting.

#97 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

JJs definitely need to be buffed. And yeah the reticle should keep shaking until you touch ground again.

#98 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:21 PM

Pretty much, JJ's dont feel very good right now except for on a Light or Medium. other then that not enough power except to slowly climb a vertical ledge or dampen landings

#99 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

Well good luck CK16, and goodbye forums! o7

#100 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub