Kodiak Lore And Blueprint

112 replies to this topic

#21 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

Nice story. But I wish people would stop with wanting melee. It would be terrible and just cause people to run stupidly at the enemy going "Wooo I can punch you!". Except they would die before getting close enough.

#22 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostThell, on 22 February 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

Nice story. But I wish people would stop with wanting melee. It would be terrible and just cause people to run stupidly at the enemy going "Wooo I can punch you!". Except they would die before getting close enough.

Let's just say I am less interested in trying to punch the enemy than I am in punting away the light mech that gets in my way.

Heck, punting lights should be a standard feature in this game.

#23 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

It is so much easier to just shoot the light mech.

#24 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

The Archer lore was a lot more LOL worthy, and therefore a lot more entertaining.

#25 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

So much easier to shoot a light doesn't make it more entertaining than kicking one around like a football.

#26 Aranzor

• PipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

Love the inner contemplation and the imagery of the trap being sprung! The inclusion of a bit of a bio for the character was also a nice touch.

I really hope to see more of this for each new mech addition (and hopefully some of the older ones eventually!).

#27 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

View PostChewBaka, on 22 February 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

Am I the only one who finds it disconcerting that the lore here talks about a heavier mech being able to step on and crush a smaller one when my 90 ton Banshee can't even push aside a 20 ton Locust much less a tree root?

Where is it mentioned that one 'Mech is crushing another by stepping on it? :huh:

The opening post talks about Tseng shooting a (weakened) tree, and the tree falling on a Panther & crushing its cockpit.
"As her ’Mech awakened, she brought the targeting reticule into line, and it flashed gold … past the Panther to the mammoth tree trunk where she had carefully cut away large chunks earlier in the day. She lit off her massive ultra autocannon, and its stream of depleted-uranium slugs tore into the trunk, tearing away the last of its structural integrity. With a horrendous snap that echoed despite the awful drone of the autocannon, the tree began to topple then gained speed as it neared the ground. The mammoth evergreen drove down atop the Panther’s head as though a hammer to a nail, instantly crushing the cockpit and driving most of the thirty-five-ton hulk into the rich loam."

#28 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

OMG this is wrong...

This will end like that:

She lit off her massive ultra autocannon, and its stream of depleted-uranium slug tore unto the trunk, tearing away the last of its structural integrity.....

Panther pilot turn around and He don't believe what he saw.
WTF this 100 ton claner really want to fight with 35 ton light IS? OMG this claner is stupid.
He laught, take few shoots and kill this supid 100 ton Kodiak pilot.....

The same day at Bar:

Hey guys I killed today a few 100 tons claners, have a great day with them.
Ye ye we do the same all day, they never learn.

That's it look in MWO Posted Image

Edited by Michal R, 23 February 2016 - 12:21 AM.

#29 Black Rabbit of Inle

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:07 AM

Well I'm sold, see the mighty Kodiak and it's proud honourable clan warrior shooting trees! Feel the power as its devastating weapons perform aggressive botany :)

Jokes aside mech is awesome tho :)

Edited by Black Rabbit of Inle, 23 February 2016 - 01:08 AM.

#30 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:10 AM

View PostImperius, on 22 February 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

Good to see the orthos has the arms up higher like the concept art. This may temporarily replace my Dire Wolf until my MK II comes out after Posted Image

What mk II?

The Kodiak mk II?
The Mad Dog mk II?
The Shadowcat mk II?

Or maybe we are not talking about clans...
The Marauder mk II?
Atlas mk II?

Posted Image yes... I know what mk II you mean... but I will not accept it as a valid name as there are too many mk II's and I would personally preffer kodiak mk II or most of htese over Timberwolf mk II... because lets be honest, the mk II will most likely be a band wagon of "OP Clans plz nerf more!" while a Shadowcat mk II is "maybe clans are not that OP as we thought... okay, have some buffs. "

View PostMichal R, on 23 February 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

OMG this is wrong...

This will end like that:

She lit off her massive ultra autocannon, and its stream of depleted-uranium slug tore unto the trunk, tearing away the last of its structural integrity.....

Panther pilot turn around and He don't believe what he saw.
WTF this 100 ton claner really want to fight with 35 ton light IS? OMG this claner is stupid.
He laught, take few shoots and kill this supid 100 ton Kodiak pilot.....

The same day at Bar:

Hey guys I killed today a few 100 tons claners, have a great day with them.
Ye ye we do the same all day, they never learn.

That's it look in MWO Posted Image

considering the spirit bear stock has 4 SSRM 6's? in MW: O version of your story you forgot the 48 damage heat locked on the panther as he was flopping around like a dying fish.

#31 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:19 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 23 February 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

considering the spirit bear stock has 4 SSRM 6's? in MW: O version of your story you forgot the 48 damage heat locked on the panther as he was flopping around like a dying fish.

And running around at 90kph, with all the agility that allows (so, more agile than a Nova).

Come on Panther, let's dance.

#32 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:12 AM

We should probably start an official Kodiak Club for owners of the collectors/hero. Screw the haters. They are only jelly because they are not in the Club.

#33 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:18 AM

Reading new Lore written by Randall Neil Bills just makes me happy. Having the original writers return to BT even for such short stories evokes so many good memories.
Also, Kodiak looks nice Posted Image

#34 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:23 AM

I am awaiting my true Chariot. The Puggernaut will truely be unstoppable.

PGI just one request. Please can you give Hero and the extra 2 mechs the warhorns, GB skins etc. Seems weird you pay for the package and miss out on the goodies to make the mech whole. FYI I didnt order the extra two mechs but I do feel they should come complete if someones shelling out the cash.

#35 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 22 February 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

Where is it mentioned that one 'Mech is crushing another by stepping on it? Posted Image

The opening post talks about Tseng shooting a (weakened) tree, and the tree falling on a Panther & crushing its cockpit.
"As her ’Mech awakened, she brought the targeting reticule into line, and it flashed gold … past the Panther to the mammoth tree trunk where she had carefully cut away large chunks earlier in the day. She lit off her massive ultra autocannon, and its stream of depleted-uranium slugs tore into the trunk, tearing away the last of its structural integrity. With a horrendous snap that echoed despite the awful drone of the autocannon, the tree began to topple then gained speed as it neared the ground. The mammoth evergreen drove down atop the Panther’s head as though a hammer to a nail, instantly crushing the cockpit and driving most of the thirty-five-ton hulk into the rich loam."

Oh, I read that a little wrong but regardless it also breaks from reality of this game where any tree that could possibly crush a panther is immune to all forms of damage.

Edited by ChewBaka, 23 February 2016 - 03:06 AM.

#36 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:08 AM

This mech looks amazing!!! And that's an understatement :)

But I am curious about one thing...

Is this mech omni or not ? I know it's a silly question, considering it's a Clan mech, but then what defines a Hero mech from all the other variants when you can change omnipods?

#37 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:43 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 23 February 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

This mech looks amazing!!! And that's an understatement Posted Image

But I am curious about one thing...

Is this mech omni or not ? I know it's a silly question, considering it's a Clan mech, but then what defines a Hero mech from all the other variants when you can change omnipods?

It's not omni. It's a Clan battlemech like the IIC mechs (Jenner IIC, Hunchback IIC, etc).

#38 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

I swear... this little bits of lore are excelent for making game trailers... :P I wish someone would make animations based on them, just like the old MW trailers.

#39 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

Thanx Odanan Posted Image BTW I like your art, the new Black Knight looks incredible!!!

Edited by pacifica812, 23 February 2016 - 06:21 AM.

#40 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

Nice looking mech, great lore behind it. But lately with the dearth of new maps and CW being the same old grind I feel like this is what we will get to drive it on.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users