#41 Kodiak383

• Pip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMemelab

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:56 AM

Waiting for the Kodiak is just pain ;3;

Edited by Kodiak383, 23 February 2016 - 07:57 AM.

#42 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

Nice Mech !
And 20 bucks for three 100 ton Mechs is a very good price !

But I don't wanna play a 100 ton Mech anymore. I can be so frustrating !

#43 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 22 February 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

All I can say is:

F*** YEAH

And all I can say to haters:

You hatin' cause you aren't in the Kodiak Club Posted Image

yeha we join the Kodak Rug club soon

Posted Image

GB edition:
Posted Image

cuz dancing on the kodiak is way more interesting.

Edited by Lily from animove, 23 February 2016 - 08:27 AM.

#44 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

while i don't own a 100T clan mech, I'm not sure i wish to buy this. Even if for the same price (give or take a few pounds) i get 1 more mech than i did for the Archer/Rifleman/Warhammer/Marauder packs.

not fully sure if i do want this or not...

#45 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

View Postchewie, on 23 February 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Even if for the same price (give or take a few pounds) i get 1 more mech than i did for the Archer/Rifleman/Warhammer/Marauder packs.

I can't follow you there, could you please explain what you meant?
The costs are all the same, regardless the weight or offspring(Clan/IS). Archer, Marauder, Kodiak... all of them will cost you 20$, with further costs indulged for upgrades. Heromech 15$, Collector's Edition 20$.

What is special are these reinforcements, but those are purely additional. If you don't want them, you could easily buy them later on with ingame money. In addition, none of those two mechs got something "special" to make them a kind of must-have. No ECM-Variant, no JJ + MASC... even the hardpoints aren't that fancy.

As to the lore: that's perfectly battletech. Powering down your mech in order to hide the magnetic field of the fusion reactor, ignoring the almost 100tons of metal which might show up on a MAD and happily firing RADAR through the woods.
At least in lore they told us about direct link communications in order to avoid detection. Posted Image

P.S.: What's up with the preorder bonus? It says "Clan Ghost Bear Pattern unlocked for standard kodiak variants"
Isn't this 2016? Didn't you establish full camo pattern support at release for new mechs in the year 2015?
At least it should work on the collector's edition (C) Mech, shouldn't it?
No need to remove the spirit bear camo... but you should be able to do so. Otherwise your earlier lament of "special geometry ruining camo pattern support" for Wave I, II and Resistance 1 mechs would be exposed as the lame excuse it is.

P.P.S.: Still waiting on the promised pattern support for heromechs and earlier special variants.

Edited by Kshat, 23 February 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#46 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

The Collector's pack contains KDK-1 and KDK-1 (S) which is sort of the same KDK-1. If that is correct, can anyone please inform me why do we need KDK-1 in that pack at all? Should we just sell it for spare parts and a mech bay if we have the (S) anyway?

#47 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

PGI uses a different ID for every mech - even a special mech. They are, at least for the code, the same as heromechs which really differ from other mechs. It's just easier for them to hand out an additonal mech instead of replacing a mech or adding a special attribute.

Yes, you're free to sell the standard variant and enjoy the additonal mechbay. Usually you're better off with first stripping the mech.
Or feel free to keep the mech for an additonal loadout.

#48 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:56 AM

View PostMichal R, on 23 February 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

OMG this is wrong...

This will end like that:

She lit off her massive ultra autocannon, and its stream of depleted-uranium slug tore unto the trunk, tearing away the last of its structural integrity.....

Panther pilot turn around and He don't believe what he saw.
WTF this 100 ton claner really want to fight with 35 ton light IS? OMG this claner is stupid.
He laught, take few shoots and kill this supid 100 ton Kodiak pilot.....

The same day at Bar:

Hey guys I killed today a few 100 tons claners, have a great day with them.
Ye ye we do the same all day, they never learn.

That's it look in MWO Posted Image

and in MW: O that kodiak would be a kodiak 1 with 2 large pulse lasers, 6 er mediums, and a Gauss rifle.
There would also have been a death blob and no one would have been powered down to ambush but a single ECM mech around the corner.

Your point?

View PostTom Sawyer, on 23 February 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

Nice looking mech, great lore behind it. But lately with the dearth of new maps and CW being the same old grind I feel like this is what we will get to drive it on.

Posted Image

We just got one of the most unique maps in a long time (Polar highlands) and I am pretty sure the next new map is coming next patch and we are still redoing the old maps as well CW 3.0 is in the works and will soon hit MW :o which has a ton of new mechanics and components for CW and beyond.

View PostKodiak383, on 23 February 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

Waiting for the Kodiak is just pain ;3;

I know the feels all to well... I've been waiting for this ever since Mechwarrior Prime was cancelled (so about 10 years)

View PostSniper09121986, on 23 February 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

The Collector's pack contains KDK-1 and KDK-1 (S) which is sort of the same KDK-1. If that is correct, can anyone please inform me why do we need KDK-1 in that pack at all? Should we just sell it for spare parts and a mech bay if we have the (S) anyway?

Because at first these kinda packs had a bug, they can't easily replace the KDK-1 with the hero one if you upgrade. However even though the fix was simple they left it as that... why? Because now you got more mechs, 1 extra mech bay, etc without hurting the value of the mechs. (for eg throwing more and more and more variants ontop.
However the bigger problem is when you got the kodiak 1, you put a build for it (when it's released), and than you upgrade. that could lose you your build

If you hate it- sell it for parts.

However for people like me and other people I want to keep it and such.

#49 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

Finally the Atlas will be balanced with the clans equivalent glass canon. :)

#50 Goldhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

I think that everyone is ignoring the main concept of the story. She shot en environmental object, and it murder/killed an enemy mech.

I personally would love to cut down the trees on forest Colony and crush the enemy team in the forest. Imagine, a King Crab crushed by a giant Pine tree.

#51 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

Ghost Bear lore! Seyla!

#52 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostKshat, on 23 February 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

I can't follow you there, could you please explain what you meant?
The costs are all the same, regardless the weight or offspring(Clan/IS). Archer, Marauder, Kodiak... all of them will cost you 20$, with further costs indulged for upgrades. Heromech 15$, Collector's Edition 20$.

What is special are these reinforcements, but those are purely additional. If you don't want them, you could easily buy them later on with ingame money. In addition, none of those two mechs got something "special" to make them a kind of must-have. No ECM-Variant, no JJ + MASC... even the hardpoints aren't that fancy.

As to the lore: that's perfectly battletech. Powering down your mech in order to hide the magnetic field of the fusion reactor, ignoring the almost 100tons of metal which might show up on a MAD and happily firing RADAR through the woods.
At least in lore they told us about direct link communications in order to avoid detection. Posted Image

P.S.: What's up with the preorder bonus? It says "Clan Ghost Bear Pattern unlocked for standard kodiak variants"
Isn't this 2016? Didn't you establish full camo pattern support at release for new mechs in the year 2015?
At least it should work on the collector's edition (C) Mech, shouldn't it?
No need to remove the spirit bear camo... but you should be able to do so. Otherwise your earlier lament of "special geometry ruining camo pattern support" for Wave I, II and Resistance 1 mechs would be exposed as the lame excuse it is.

P.P.S.: Still waiting on the promised pattern support for heromechs and earlier special variants.

I went for it. this is what i got.

Warhammer, rifleman, archer, maraduer, i bought all the collecters and hero add on.
$55 for 5 mechs on ea pack.
Kodiak, i just got the normal pack, the hero and the reinforcements (6 mechs)
$50 for 6 mechs.

I wasnt paying the extra $20 for 1 special variant mech (and of course all other bits that come with to make the value up) by getting the collector pack.

That simple enough?

Bearing in mind, I then have to convert it to GBP so i paid
For the Kodi packs, £36.46
For the Archer, £38.99
For the RFL, £38.20
For the Wham, £37.53
For the Mad, £37.43

#53 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostDesintegrator, on 23 February 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

Nice Mech !
And 20 bucks for three 100 ton Mechs is a very good price !

But I don't wanna play a 100 ton Mech anymore. I can be so frustrating !

Ahh but with the default engine, it moves the same speed as most stock IS heavy mechs, and Spirit Bear has MASC. So it might not have the movement related drawbacks of a 100 ton mech :D

#54 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Spirit Bear is gonna be lulululul. 4 LRM-15's with 400XL and Masc. So around 80kph 100 ton missile support mech. The K-2 can pretty much be made into the Bounty Hunter II. Same speed and weaponry and jumpjets.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 23 February 2016 - 05:57 PM.

#55 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 23 February 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

Spirit Bear is gonna be lulululul. 4 LRM-15's with 400XL and Masc. So around 80kph 100 ton missile support mech. The K-2 can pretty much be made into the Bounty Hunter II. Same speed and weaponry and jumpjets.

actually it's like 94 kph with MASC... but why have a lack of any back up weapons? give the engine a downgrade (or remove MASC, your choice) and put on 2 large pulse lasers or normal large lasers to help you out

#56 quackdudey

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOn the Touge

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 23 February 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

actually it's like 94 kph with MASC... but why have a lack of any back up weapons? give the engine a downgrade (or remove MASC, your choice) and put on 2 large pulse lasers or normal large lasers to help you out

Why have LRMs at all?

Edited by quackdudey, 23 February 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#57 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

The redundant mech is for stock mech Mondays :D

#58 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:15 PM

Damn, that beast almost makes me wish I ever bought Clan mechs.

#59 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

View Postquackdudey, on 23 February 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Why have LRMs at all?

Because they have one of the highest Damage to Ton ratio. They have one of the best range in game (highest max damage to range). They can have the highest damage potential (especially for their range). Can ave direct and indirect fire which allows you to easily become one of the strongest assets to your team, etc.

However for the Kodiak Spirit Bear I do not think it's a good LRM boat as it's strongest advantage is the MASC. Which as an LRM boat isn't the best thing for this mech overall. However I would love a MASC on a mad dog or catapult... allows easy escape from enemies.

The SB is best suited for close range work and LRM boating (Kodiak 4), Long Range sniper builds (Kodiak 5) etc...

However even for the Kodiak 4's situation it can still do other builds than LRM boating... I can imagine people spewing dual UAC 10's and ER medium lasers/ large pulse lasers.

View Postloopala, on 23 February 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

The redundant mech is for stock mech Mondays :D

I thought Stock mech mondays is IS mechs / tech one only?

#60 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 23 February 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

If I did the math right you can have 2 Large Pulses too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users