#61 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostTorgun, on 26 February 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Could you just give us one single good reason why they should not be publicly known for cheating? One? Right now it just sounds like you feel sorry for them.

Personalty I want to see the names but I could understand why they wouldn't show them. If it's anything like last time maybe 10 people out of the 50 will not be some temp accounts. Not giving names give PGI the ability to make the wave look better than it is. With the hopes of scaring more people not to cheat.

#62 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 26 February 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Sorry, I'm just one of those weird people who think cheaters should be forgotten instead of having their names immortalized on a plaque.

I can recall one or maybe two in-game names of the players that were publicly banned last time. How many can you recall without looking up the original post? Immortalized? Hardly. Temporary shamed for what they've done at most, that's it. And as I already wrote, if you have reported someone you feel quite certain are cheating, it would be good to see that the devs are banning these players and trying to keep the game as free from cheaters as they can. Keeping them secret serves no purpose but protecting the cheaters from being known.

#63 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

View PostTorgun, on 26 February 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

I can recall one or maybe two in-game names of the players that were publicly banned last time. How many can you recall without looking up the original post? Immortalized? Hardly. Temporary shamed for what they've done at most, that's it. And as I already wrote, if you have reported someone you feel quite certain are cheating, it would be good to see that the devs are banning these players and trying to keep the game as free from cheaters as they can. Keeping them secret serves no purpose but protecting the cheaters from being known.

The reason you only remember one or two from the first ban wave is because that's all there really was.
Nobody knew the alt accounts to actually remember seeing them in game.

They clearly weren't cheating well if they werent at the top of the game!

#64 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostGalenit, on 26 February 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

Why ban cheaters?
They have a matchmaker, just make a tier 0 that will never play with the other tiers and put all cheaters there.

Win win for players and pgi.

It just says this company needs money and will tolerate cheating because of money.
If i burn your house and wreck your car, would it be ok, if i apologize after it and would it never do it again?
No punishment for me, no compensation for you, but thats ok, because i apologized and just have done it once?

Just ban the cheaters or put them all together in their own matches against other cheaters!

Naa its called having your cake and eating it too. You ban and then you do something to make the company look like I cares about all the players. A lot of companies do this. Heck a lot of governments do this. Jail is a "rehabilitation center" so they say.

#65 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 February 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

Personalty I want to see the names but I could understand why they wouldn't show them. If it's anything like last time maybe 10 people out of the 50 will not be some temp accounts. Not giving names give PGI the ability to make the wave look better than it is. With the hopes of scaring more people not to cheat.

At this point when they've told us a ban wave is coming, and then not release who and how many was banned? That would be like asking people to call them on a bluff. Because that's how it will come across, like a bluff.

View PostDV McKenna, on 26 February 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

The reason you only remember one or two from the first ban wave is because that's all there really was.
Nobody knew the alt accounts to actually remember seeing them in game.

They clearly weren't cheating well if they werent at the top of the game!

The one guy I'm certain was on that list I remember because he ended up on the top of the list of a mech variant I was also trying to win with in a challenge back then. So yeah there was at least one that did well at least in challenges on that list. The guy that took second place was way below on points.

Edited by Torgun, 26 February 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#66 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostTorgun, on 26 February 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

At this point when they've told us a ban wave is coming, and then not release who and how many was banned? That would be like asking people to call them on a bluff. Because that's how it will come across, like a bluff.

They would have to give some details and a few people on the forum will show up as banned again and word would get out. As much as Russ says they know who cheating I don't even believe this. Even last time the few higher end players who got caught was because people had video of it. Really no matter what it's a bluff but maybe the bluff will help so I am happy about it.

#67 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 February 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

They would have to give some details and a few people on the forum will show up as banned again and word would get out. As much as Russ says they know who cheating I don't even believe this. Even last time the few higher end players who got caught was because people had video of it. Really no matter what it's a bluff but maybe the bluff will help so I am happy about it.

Oh I don't believe the part either where they claim they have software that detect cheats, what I do find believable is that they've reviewed videos people sent in and spectated on players while they're using cheats. So whoever they've found out as cheaters they had to do the hard way, and will have to keep doing the hard way.

#68 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 25 February 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Why the hell do you all have such a hard on for this alleged incoming ban? You do realise that if you are a mediocre or just plain bad player, you will still be bad after the fact right?

Getting nervous are we ;)

#69 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostCathy, on 26 February 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Getting nervous are we ;)

Yeah, me too. I am just waiting for them to Ban me for all my shenanigans, like SRM36 Jenners, Hunchbacks with an AC/20 and 2 PPCs, my beloved 5PPC Hunchback 4P, my infamous dual AC/20 Rifleman.

I am just waiting to get banned. You know, like everyone else who thinks walls of shame are immature. We are all secret cheater supporters. I actually have several cheaters hiding under my floorboards, just waiting for the day when they will not longer be hunted by the masses. I smuggle rations to them 2x a day when nobody is looking.

#70 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

So how many got banned?

#71 Ockish Buhl

Rookie

• The Steadfast
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 25 February 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Why the hell do you all have such a hard on for this alleged incoming ban? You do realise that if you are a mediocre or just plain bad player, you will still be bad after the fact right?

I was in a match not long ago and some guys on my team were accusing another on my team of cheating. I got on the chat and defended him saying that he was just a good player and to leave him alone. Then I got killed and switched to spectating him. His reticle was snapping onto mech silhouette's in a split second and holding exactly the same position. It was so obviously unnatural I shut up immediately. Anyone denying that haks are an issue have either never seen this or they are one of the ones doing it.

#72 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostTorgun, on 26 February 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

So whoever they've found out as cheaters they had to do the hard way, and will have to keep doing the hard way.

They hope

#73 Crenue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

I had a Mach where We had a JagerMech AC2 Snipping from out of Bounds Last week. We was about 50+ Meters out too, and out for like a minute or more.

#74 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

OK I was totally wrong. Not the first time. :)

#75 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:48 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 February 2016 - 01:00 AM, said:

OK I was totally wrong. Not the first time. :)

Meow.

#76 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:02 AM

I want to see them named and shamed.
It will make me feel good knowing that no matter how much I suck I will never resort to using cheats.
Yes it's a game but cheating in anything is just wrong,be it in work or play.

#77 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:10 AM

Next ban wave might come in smaller waves and names might not be broadcast.
- Russ

Translation:

No banwave!

+ those who cheat will carry on doing that.

lol

#78 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:06 AM

"We haven't done a ban wave, yet, reason being it's a very fluid situation. When I expected to do the banwave, something came up. "

WTF? What is fluid? What came up? Total BS is what came up. Ban and move on. Ban for a month if what came up was they were the top 1% of paying customers. He basically punted the whole thing. Last month "some units are 50% cheaters and the ban is coming". Now? We might ban 1-2 players just to pretend we care.

Edited by Chemie, 27 February 2016 - 06:06 AM.

#79 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:18 AM

If it's a fluid situation, it's probably because a lot of cheaters recently dumped a lot of money into the game... lol... heavens, it's pathetic. In the end, all that matters is money, not honor.

As for naming them, I really don't care, but I do want to see them kicked out. Being a cheating sleazebag should have negative consequences vs. being a way to earn extra rewards and brag on the forums about one's epeen.

#80 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:18 AM

View PostChemie, on 27 February 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

"We haven't done a ban wave, yet, reason being it's a very fluid situation. When I expected to do the banwave, something came up. "

WTF? What is fluid? What came up? Total BS is what came up. Ban and move on. Ban for a month if what came up was they were the top 1% of paying customers. He basically punted the whole thing. Last month "some units are 50% cheaters and the ban is coming". Now? We might ban 1-2 players just to pretend we care.

So I guess all the things about being willing to ban even regularly paying customers was just hot air? Pretty much what this so-called ban wave is, it concluded in a fart. So I guess there we have it, it's just fine to keep on cheating, because PGI's reasoning is "fluid". Man this concluded pretty much in the worst way possible for the integrity of PGI.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users