The " Meta Ppc " Black Knight

137 replies to this topic

#1 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

Hello everyone, I have been using this Black Knight successfully for a while now. If you know how to aim and hit your targets, its a great mech. I decided to ignore all of the stupid players in this game who actually think PPC's suck and created a great Black Knight build.

7KNT : XL350, 3 PPC's in the arms ( so you can shoot at targets above you, a foreign concept to many noobs in this game, also if you lose an arm you still have 1 or 2 PPC's left ) 6 meds, and 18 DHS. The trick with this mech is to fire 2 PPC's and then the other right after, for 30 pinpoint damage. If you can catch a target off guard, you can do this alpha 2 or 3 times before backing off to cover. It works because of the 32% PPC cooldown the mech has with its quirks combined with the module. Genius really, no other mech can pinpoint 30 damage in quick succession with PPC's like this mech can. It has true character. If you happen to catch a mech at 297m, well, add another 30 damage with your medium lasers for a 50/60 alpha.

I created this build when the Black Knight was released. I created my own PPC meta. This is just 1 example of an excellent mech build I decided to share with all of you that defies the stale laserpuke meta.

Always remember folks, PPC's dont suck, you do!

Edited by Alwrath, 25 February 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#2 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:19 PM

Um hate to break it to you but you're not the first to discover this "new" meta

#3 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostNauht, on 25 February 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

Um hate to break it to you but you're not the first to discover this "new" meta

Been using PPC's on certain mechs since the old jump snipe PPC meta. Never stopped. Most of the playerbase says LPL better than PPC all the time, so for them its new.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

The PPCs fired by your Black Knight don't represent normal PPCs.

PPC Velocity +30%
Energy Heat Generation -10%
Energy Cooldown +10%
PPC Cooldown +10%

Normal PPC: 10 heat, 4 second cooldown, and 1100 m/s velocity
BK 7KNT PPC: 9 heat, 2.72 second cooldown (includes module and fast fire), and 1430 m/s velocity

Pretty significant differences...

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

x3 CERPPC warhawk with level 5 targeting computer is pwn. I just did 1200 damage with it in a pug match.

Warhawk = +15% ppc velocity quirks
L5 TC = +25% projectile velocity
Total = +40% velocity (1820m/s CERPPCs)

Its like CERPPCs arnt nerfed anymore.

I invented it too. Warhawks with CERPPCs were totally not a thing before. So if you use it you have to pay me royalties.

Edited by Khobai, 25 February 2016 - 08:29 PM.

#6 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

The PPCs fired by your Black Knight don't represent normal PPCs.

PPC Velocity +30%
Energy Heat Generation -10%
Energy Cooldown +10%
PPC Cooldown +10%

Normal PPC: 10 heat, 4 second cooldown, and 1100 m/s velocity
BK 7KNT PPC: 9 heat, 2.72 second cooldown (includes module and fast fire), and 1430 m/s velocity

Pretty significant differences...

So your saying you take PPC's on mechs with no PPC quirks? I guess your a new player to mechwarrior online. Welcome! You must have joined during the steam release.

protip : for mechs with quirks always design your mech build around the quirks ( in this case its PPC's ) its how you play the game! I know all this information is alot for a new player, but dont worry, with lots of practice, and if you can understand and read the english language, youll do ok!

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

x3 CERPPC warhawk with level 5 targeting computer is pwn. I just did 1200 damage with it in a pug match.

nice! do you think the upgraded TC is worth it in that case? havent playtested any of the new TC except TC1

Edited by Alwrath, 25 February 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#7 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

nice! do you think the upgraded TC is worth it in that case?

absolutely. 1820m/s CERPPCs are pwn.

I dont think the level 7 targeting computer is worth it though. So I settled for the level 5.

x3 CERPPC warhawk with L5TC is everything the Awesome shouldve been.

#8 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

View PostAlwrath, on 25 February 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

So your saying you take PPC's on mechs with no PPC quirks? I guess your a new player to mechwarrior online. Welcome! You must have joined during the steam release.

protip : for mechs with quirks always design your mech build around the quirks ( in this case its PPC's ) its how you play the game! I know all this information is alot for a new player, but dont worry, with lots of practice, and if you can understand and read the english language, youll do ok!

Cut the elitism garbage, you know my extreme post count and long posting history, and the big Overlord badge that long predates the Steam release.

Are you actually interested in having any dialogue or exchange about the state of game balancing, or are you just here to be a troll? Your attitude makes me think of the latter...

And by the way, if you're going to try to act intellectually superior and accuse people of not understanding the language, you should look at your own typing habits.

Your mistakes in this post quoted above include the following:

english --> English
protip --> Protip (beginning of sentence)
youll --> you'll
alot --> a lot
dont --> don't
mechwarrior --> Mechwarrior

#9 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Nice that you're having fun with it.

LPLs just have higher DPS, do more damage per heat, have slightly higher alpha, and since you can alpha 3 of them, they won't even spread damage much worse than firing 2+1 PPCs in quick succession. They also pair much better with MLs unlike PPCs that you have to lead, which means you'll likely be torso twisting away faster after an alpha compared to a PPC + ML build.

But I like how you disregard all that and just tell it's an awesome build because you don't suck like everyone else. Keep it up.

I tried some heavily quirked PPC builds last week, too. They aren't hard to play, it isn't hard to get kills, but if you play with good players that are playing laser vomit builds, you will fall behind in damage done, and earn less money per match than them. Which is a shame, because PPCs are pretty fun to shoot with those quirked velocities.

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 25 February 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

Hello everyone, I have been using this Black Knight successfully for a while now. If you know how to aim and hit your targets, its a great mech. I decided to ignore all of the stupid players in this game who actually think PPC's suck and created a great Black Knight build.

7KNT : XL350, 3 PPC's in the arms ( so you can shoot at targets above you, a foreign concept to many noobs in this game, also if you lose an arm you still have 1 or 2 PPC's left ) 6 meds, and 18 DHS. The trick with this mech is to fire 2 PPC's and then the other right after, for 30 pinpoint damage. If you can catch a target off guard, you can do this alpha 2 or 3 times before backing off to cover. It works because of the 32% PPC cooldown the mech has with its quirks combined with the module. Genius really, no other mech can pinpoint 30 damage in quick succession with PPC's like this mech can. It has true character. If you happen to catch a mech at 297m, well, add another 30 damage with your medium lasers for a 50/60 alpha.

I created this build when the Black Knight was released. I created my own PPC meta. This is just 1 example of an excellent mech build I decided to share with all of you that defies the stale laserpuke meta.

Always remember folks, PPC's dont suck, you do!

*sigh*

You really like spewing ********, don't you Alwrath

You did not create a Meta, this is an objectively inferior build to the 3LPL build, although it lacks cooling.

You may or may not suck, but PPCs are in a sea of mediocrity.

#11 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:42 PM

1) It's not "30 pinpoint" if you aren't firing them at the same time, if you were on the short list of the top shooters in the game I'd give you leeway and believe you could put that 3rd PPC shot on the same component as the first 2 consistently - but you are not any of them.

2) There's no such thing as "my own meta". Just pure, utter nonsense.

Edited by Ultimax, 25 February 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#12 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:45 PM

You may or may not suck, but PPCs are in a sea of mediocrity.

unless theyre on a warhawk. then they have 1800m/s-2000m/s projectile velocity depending on level 5 or level 7 TC.

imagine CERPPCs that go as fast as gauss. because thats what the warhawk is now capable of.

who gives a sh*t about terrible black knights. all hail khobai's new warhawk cerppc meta that he created.

#13 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

english --> English
protip --> Protip (beginning of sentence)
youll --> you'll
alot --> a lot
dont --> don't
mechwarrior --> Mechwarrior

lol. a spellcheck in a gaming forum. cute.

#14 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 25 February 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

That's a rather pompous remark. You should apologize. Fup ain't no spring daisy.

Quirks have one thing important: They change. And they can go away tomorrow. The quirk system is a symptom of the problem and the entire notion of quirks--and their application, needs to be removed.

If use 'mechs around quirks, you're bound to be disappointed someday.

#15 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

View PostKyynele, on 25 February 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

but if you play with good players that are playing laser vomit builds, you will fall behind in damage done, and earn less money per match than them.

I actually find I deal about the same or more damage than my laser vomit builds. I play with good players all the time, and consistently get high scores and more damage per match, no matter what I play.

#16 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 25 February 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

lol. a spellcheck in a gaming forum. cute.

If you want to try to redeem yourself as wanting an actual debate rather than just wanting to troll people, you're doing it wrong.

#17 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:56 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 February 2016 - 08:40 PM, said:

You did not create a Meta, this is an objectively inferior build to the 3LPL build, although it lacks cooling.

Actually I did. This is the meta PPC Black Knight build. You can either accept it, or not. I really dont care. The 3 LPL build is good, but is limited with short range, and its damage is not pinpoint. Also you would never use the 3 LPL build on the 7KNT, so it is a moot point.

View PostMister Blastman, on 25 February 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

The quirk system is a symptom of the problem and the entire notion of quirks--and their application, needs to be removed.

The quirk system is the only reason why I still play this game. Without quirks, clan mechs would be superior and IS mechs would be collecting dust, and have no character. Your suggesting to let the game die, heh, no thanks.

Edited by Alwrath, 25 February 2016 - 09:00 PM.

#18 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

#19 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

If you want to try to redeem yourself as wanting an actual debate rather than just wanting to troll people, you're doing it wrong.

There is no debate here. I am simply showing everyone 1 of the top Black Knight builds. There are many more besides the PPC build. All im showing here is the fact that PPC builds dont suck, and people who say they suck are just bad players who need to L2P.

View PostKira Onime, on 25 February 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Im just using it in the context everyone else does in this silly game. Id rather not use the word at all. I say it in jest really.

#20 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

One does not create the metagame, one merely creates a solution to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users