92 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

Sorry this is so late, but we're working like heck over here. Post your questions and we'll get to as many as we can.

Thanks everyone!

#2 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Awesome, writing mine now.

Question: I read that TrackIR will be supported, will we be able to key map the head tracking software to our arm mounted weapons and fire them independent of our torso weapons mapped to the torso twist?

Edited by Viper69, 13 July 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#3 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

since some of the redesigns are so drastic (looking at the centurion) is it possible that we will see the unseen?
I mean, if the centurion had been unseen, I am SURE that would have been enough of a redesign to get it legal.

#4 Paralax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNYC, The City that Never sleeps

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Will you guys bug Nvidia to support my new 42" 3d display?

#5 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

How closely are you sticking to the BattleTech game stats; are you being as close as possible, or are you seriously messing with them?

I would also like to see the Unseen/Alex-Reseen/Shimmering Sword-Reseen, please? Any word, yet?

#6 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Will the fans and/or modders be able to build new maps, customize textures, sounds, music, GUI, HUD etc?

#7 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Are you following the Battletech timeline? I saw where the Clan Invasion starts Aug 3049 and ISN shows July 3049 as the current in game date. So what up? We gonna get Clans?

#8 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

I have asked this one before, but here goes:

Will it still be possible for US and EU players to interact and have matches once we have a EU server? Or does this mean that we will have isolated communities for each server?

#9 Spec1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Will the enviroment take any damage? Cutting down trees with lasers, setting fire with flamethrower etc.

#10 Sirous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 368 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Will players be able to customize hud options, colors, and be able to change the colors of specific lancemates to know where they are on the battlefield at all times. Say different color options in the menu, So you have multiple friends you play with it would be nice to be able to change the minimap color for them to know where they are at a glance.

#11 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

If an UrbanMech falls in the forest, and no one is around, does it still make a sound?

#12 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Playing off Sirous question, I know from the videos I've seen and what I've read in the Dev Blogs, that information on 'Mechs will come with line-of-sight and duration of that sight; however, are you going to allow us to toggle whether we see Lancemates information all the time or not? Also, in larger fights, will each of the Lances have their own color, also for easier identification?

#13 Drakeblade

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationOver dur

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Someone on the forums posted that the Details on Founders has changed a bit and that Between Aug 7th and Open beta that we will have several resets but all our MC will be refunded at the end of the Closed beta period and become persistant at Open Beta. Can you verify/Dismiss this?

Edited by Drakeblade, 13 July 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#14 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

WIll we be able to switch between cluster ammo and slugs with LB-X autocannons?

#15 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

- Would you guys not like some days off? :P

- Are there any plans of using weapons at the back of your mech?

#16 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Will the minimap have the option to switch between rotating with your mech to the minimap always pointing north?

#17 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

1) How many maps do you expect will be available by Aug 7th?

2) Will there be any visual indication if weapons are in range?

3) Can you elaborate on any additional game types besides the Deathmatch no-respawn?

#18 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Q) Are there any plans to have a part of the website dedicated to listing mech and weapon specifications? Something we can consult to see things that aren't obvious or can't be reasonably assumed based on canon - rate of fire, of weapons, for example? Or will this info only be visible in the MechLab (or not at all)?

Q) What was the inspiration for having Lasers and PulseLasers act the way we have seen them in the demo videos? Is there any info on how often the damage of each type of laser is applied over the course of firing?

Q) Have any decisions been made about how matchmaking will happen: will it be balanced purely on number of players, or will things like tonnage, some sort of 'battle value', or even player skill / ratings be taken into account? What about roles - will the matchmaker be able to ensure that players with points in the Command and Scout trees are on each side of all battles?

Q) It was said recently that the Commander role has been changed dramatically from how it was originally envisioned - any tidbits about why or how it has changed? Or simply when we will be able to have more details on that and other aspects of Role Warfare?

#19 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 13 July 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Sorry this is so late, but we're working like heck over here. Post your questions and we'll get to as many as we can.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the opportunity, Garth - and for all your hard work! You guys seem to be posting less these days, so I can only assume you are working your collective rear-ends off to get this game done and do it well... and for that, you have my complete gratitude :P I hope you have a nice & relaxing weekend ahead!

#20 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Will St Ives be included as a Succesor state?

Will you change the search function limit of 4 letters or over a word?

How are TT critical rules being implanted.

How will support be used and how will it work?

What is your favorite Battletech Novel?
Will St Ives be in here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users