Ask The Devs 10!

92 replies to this topic

#21 LeTigre

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Will there be an option for logos and symbols to identify lancemates visually?

#22 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Pie? :P or Cake? :P

#23 Veloci

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts
  • Location(AMMO/HQ) Alamo Mobile Munitions Operational HeadQuarters

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ive seen various ways that scouts and attack/defender roles will gain additional xp i.e. identifying enemies and following commanders orders. Is there any commander role specific ways of earning additional xp?

Edited by Veloci, 13 July 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#24 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

I have 3 questions.

1. Do I, since I bought the founders pack still get 1 free mech choice at launch?

2. Can you belong to a Mercenary Corp and Great House simultaneously? (searched the blogs and forums and found no answer)

3. If I sell a mech to buy a new one, do I get any of the cost back? If so how much (if a number is currently decided on)?

#25 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Any news on which mechs we will choose from when starting? Will founders end up with two mechs the same and have to sell one, or will the other four be the starting choice?

#26 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Which mechs are seeing the most use in Beta currently? I am sure you have some statistics on it! :P

#27 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostButane9000, on 13 July 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

2. Can you belong to a Mercenary Corp and Great House simultaneously? (searched the blogs and forums and found no answer)

3. If I sell a mech to buy a new one, do I get any of the cost back? If so how much (if a number is currently decided on)?

2) I think this is a 'no' - it wouldn't mesh very well with canon to be both, and seems like it would throw off community warfare too.

3) The mechlab screenshots indicate this will be a 'yes' - with about a 25% return on investment when you go to sell it.

Of course it is in beta, so things are subject to change :(

#28 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Was suggested I ask this here also.

Quoted from Paul

"Padding your XP gains will 1) rank you higher on the leaderboards and 2) greatly benefit your team."

What I want to know is if the exp statistics you use for the leaderboards will be based off the BASE amount of if you will include bonuses like the 50% premium boost to exp.

If you want the leaderboards to be fair and to actually reflect a persons level of skill then you need to rank based on the BASE exp earnt and not the exp earnt because someone has purchased a premium account.

Im pretty sure everyone else agrees with this as its the only fair way to rank players.

ie. Player one doesnt have premium and earns 500exp BASE in a match.

Player two plays slightly worse but has premium 50% boost to exp and earns 400exp BASE in a match (1.5x400=600exp with premium account)

Player one should be ranked higher than player two.

#29 KBob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCountry of DEVs

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I tried to find the answer in the previous Q&A sessions, but failed. Sorry if it's duplicate.

1) To what extend ranking within a faction could go ( i.e. - do you see potentially people from community (not dev) commanding most of forces of specific house ?

2) would it be possible to change house allegiance ?

3) .. inheriting some of earlier gained rank :( (it's interesting for role play - especially between steiner and davion )

4) would it be possible to select / change variant of founder's mech ( once or with time ) ?

5) could we have "Faction" based guilds (not only mercs) - so that people who want to play Davion (kurita etc.) together - have a chance to organize lances etc. ?

Edited by KBob, 15 July 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#30 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Can I just plug an Xbox360 Kinect sensor into my PC and play the game entirely through body-gestures, alone?

#31 ChapDude

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

If my friends and i join separate factions will we still be able to play together as a team/lance/squad-mates or will we need to all join the same faction/merc group?

Edited by ChapDude, 13 July 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#32 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Dev Blog 1 mentions that there are faction rewards, based on how many "faction worlds" your faction controls. Assuming that bigger factions will capture and control more "faction worlds", will they pretty much always have better rewards than smaller factions, or is there going to be some system in place to balance things out?

Edited by Elendil, 14 July 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#33 MechLovin

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Will there be drops from orbit? In the books the mechs would be in a cocoon shell and dropped from orbit? Not sure how the matches will start.

#34 Johnny Kerensky

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Will the LB 10-X AC only fire cluster munition?

How exactly will the "ultra mode" of the Ultra AC/5 work in MechWarrior Online and will this weapons accuracy deteriorate over time?

How many different maps will be available at launch?

Which one is your favorite mech in MechWarrior Online?

Edit - spelling

Edited by Johnny Kerensky, 13 July 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#35 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Will our actions in the game alter the "future" timeline? Will we be able to take more worlds or less world in the upcoming wars? Will we be able to push back the clans or even lose to them completely?

#36 Hokek

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

maybe this time:
Could u give some precise informations about hauses?
fe:
house XYZ
spec weapon:...
elite mech:...
effects:.... (like +10% of money ect)
This could help in plan a strategy

#37 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

- As soon as a match is over. Do you have to rebuy ammunition even if you did only use for example 2 out of 12 shots?

#38 Wolv e

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Mexico USA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

-is 12 vs 12 the max size battles or are there plans for larger maps/player enagagements for worlds deemed more important?

-when community warefare goes live, will our actions change the map or do we have no effect on the map overall?

#39 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostJohnny Kerensky, on 13 July 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

How exactly will the "ultra mode" of the Ultra AC/5 work in MechWarrior Online and will this weapons accuracy deteriorate over time?

I would like to add another question to the UAC question.

In TT Ultras AC's have a chance of jamming. Will that be included? And if so will the pilot have an ability to clear the Jam?

#40 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

I've read in the FAQ that LRMs are planned to act as semi-guided munitions.
More specifically:

Q. Will LRMs in MechWarrior® Online™ be guided or unguided?

A. LRMs will be semi-guided. What the heck does that mean? You will be able to lock on to your target but it doesn't mean the actual missiles will home directly to the target. The chance of missing will still be part of LRM gameplay. Use of the Artemis IV system and subsequent munitions, will narrow the area of damage by focusing the flight paths of the missiles. We're finding that this is a good balance between gameplay and staying true to the BattleTech canon.

The BattleTech canon seems to imply that SRMs also behave similarly to their longer-ranged counterparts (insofar as both are able to receive positive modifiers from the presence of Artemis IV systems and Narc beacons).
Additionally, both had unguided "Dead-Fire Missiles" as a (previously) canon alternate munition type, which implies that unguided munitions were not the normal munitions for either weapon.
(Though, Dead-Fire LRMs/SRMs have since been supplanted with MRMs.)

Moreover, Streak SRMs are implied to have guidance systems since, canonically, "the Streak system literally refuses to fire unless all of the launcher’s tubes simultaneously achieve a “hard lock” on their target" (TechManual, pg. 230).

So, my question is:
Will standard SRMs in MWO be implemented as semi-guided munitions (like MWO's LRMs) or unguided/"dumb-fire"/"dead-fire" munitions (as has been the case with previous MechWarrior titles), and how will standard SRMs be distinguished from Streak SRMs in terms of MWO gameplay?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users