Ask The Devs 10!

92 replies to this topic

#81 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

What will happen to ammo partially used up after each match? For example say I'm in a Centurion with an AC10 that has 1 ton worth of AC10 ammo. If I only fire 6 rounds by the end of the round, will I still have the remaining 4 rounds when I return to mech lab?

#82 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

1) Is there a penalty imposed on Mechwarriors changing factions? If so, what kind? If so, will there be a grace period at The Invasion for Mechwarriors who are awaiting the Clan factions to become available?

2) If Founders Program is Aug 7, and Release is end of summer 2012, when is Open Beta? Is Open Beta closer to Aug 7 or end of summer 2012?

3) I've seen several posts that Mech armor values are doubled... if this is the plan, will ammo be doubled, also? Because as someone stated, the Jenner can take 5 AC/20 hits with double armor.

4) What other Mechs will be available at launch?

5) Will the Mech bay only hold 4 units, or 4 variants? (meaning if I have two variants of each unit, does that require 4 Mech bay slots, or 8?)

6) Any more detail on in-game economics... anything...

7) Mechwarrior lives again! THANK YOU!!!

#83 Sainamu

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

It was mentioned before that the placement of ammo does not affect the performance of weapons in the game (other then possibly exploding). Does the same apply for heat sink placement, i.e. a heat sink placed on a leg will work just as well as one placed on a section with lasers or other weapons?

#84 Affront692

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder my Atlas changing its Oil

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

1) Do you guys eat 3 meals a day? Meals as in Real Food not cup of noodles!!
2) Will we be able to change our Pilot Names?(I really want to change mine to something more Piloty)
3) If 2) was yes, Will it be free or will we need to pay for it?

#85 Pheleus

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

?http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/

[color=#CCCCCC] The program is purchasable on June 19th and you gain guaranteed access to the closed beta on July 17th.[/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]Just double double double checking this is still right so thats tomorrow right[/color]

#86 belakor502

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

Will Merc Corps be able to add their own skins to the Mechlab to use as Mech Skins?

#87 Orkymedes

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

When will we get more Beta invites?

#88 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

I almost forgot: Is there an ETA on when the NDA for beta testers would be lifted?

#89 Toldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 296 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Do you already looking for ISPs and hosters for the EU-servers? Where do you expect to place the EU-servers?

#90 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

What gameplay modes, if any, are you looking on adding into the future of the game?

#91 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

My questions are mostly Aug 7th founders launch related:

A. How are you guys planning to prevent a Diablo 3 style server meltdown with the servers a sure bet to be dogpiled by eager founders on the day?
B. Any plans for client downloads pre-Aug 7th to attempt to alleviate the stress on the servers? Any possibility on alternative channels like torrents being set up to prevent frustration?

Thanks!

Edited by Valore, 16 July 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#92 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

1) How will you balance smaller factions with bigger ones?
2) Will commanders/high ranking officers of smaller factions be able to call upon mech corps to assist in battles?
3) Any more details on what higher ranks will get you within a faction?
4) Will you be using faction bonuses to make factions more distinct (eg - Lyrans like Assault mechs, Dragon/Grand Dragon for Kurita, etc)?

#93 Teirdome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Question:

Can the internals of a Mech variant chassis be modified? For example, can we switch a Mech with a normal engine and single heat sinks to an XL engine and double heat sinks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users