#41 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 29 February 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Indeed most pulse laser boats in IS have higher DPS then their clan counterparts. But in many situations all structure buffs of the world don´t help you to survive the try to close in on the enemy that has way higher range.

And if you compare pug matches you´ll see that most matches are poke matches, if you like it or not. And there clans always win because of higher range and higher alphas. DPS doesn´t help you when the enemy cools down in cover.

"Way" higher range? It's not that huge of a difference. Only really noticeable with medium lasers. Also Clan mechs don't have that big of a advantage in poking. You are correct they can use their higher alphas and get back into cover but trading at IS optimal ranges there is not much of a difference.

IS DPS mechs can use their much lower duration to poke out, do their full damage really quickly and get back into cover faster. Clan mechs have to expose, stayed exposed for longer to get their full burn out making it pretty easy to focus them down as they poke out. Not to mention the IS have quite a few mechs that have a lot of high mounts and really good energy quirks. Stalker and Battlemaster being prime examples. I'd really love to see a Clan mech out trade them in good cover and at their optimal ranges.

#42 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

lol wut clanz OP ppfft pls

#43 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 29 February 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

You want to know the joke?
How about nerfing every IS energy range quirk down to 10%?
How about removing all Clan negative quirks, even from the chassis that already were the best in game?

You are only calling out the changes that doesn´t impact balance as much and don´t mention the huge ones.

So LPL optimal range is now 40m less. And TBR has 5% better cooling on energy weapons. Woe is IS. Abandon all hope. In the meantime i gonna drop my Top Dog with 95t of armor and structure on a 65t mech. (as opposed to 85t of armor and structure on other Thunderbolts)

#44 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostBoglyft Kerensky, on 28 February 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

can you help me with something? i'm trying to work out a wolverine build that would have the same speed, firepower and range as a stormcrow prime, that would also not be instakilled by a side torso loss.

i'm pretty close but something just seems off, please feel free to improve

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cf87c8a22bbd178

No brainer! At least your mech wont over heat after 2 alphas and IS pinpoint damage. Time to stop the whine.

#45 Hound of War

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

Kinnda silly how some ppl still cry "clam OP" and complain that thier quirks got nerffed (just think about that one a few moments)
Fact is:
Clan mechs do have range but lose that advantage due to time (face time and cooldown time)
Any dedicated clan pilot will tell you that clan mechs seem to be all CT,even though most have pretty good hit boxes, because of the face time needed to put out our massive alphas. The same goes for our multi shot AC's that need to track targets to put the dammage in as aposed to shoot 1 round and then twist like a pro.
Most clan are just better players imo due to the fact we had to play a long time against overquirked easymode mechs. Yall IS boys need to ajust to the present quirks,or lack there of,and just drive on...you will get better as we did.

#46 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image

nuff said

#47 Hound of War

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

@CountZero: and that build is quite heat efficient as clan mechs go.

#48 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

Stop fighting clans mechs there is no reason to fight them. IS v IS is what you should be doing. Join Davion, Liao or Marik.

#49 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 29 February 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Stop fighting clans mechs there is no reason to fight them. IS v IS is what you should be doing. Join Davion, Liao or Marik.

It's actually true - ISvIS is where all the c-bill rewards buffs are. Go strip down dufus's in their Atlas mechs for more rewards for that 1 mech than you'll get for a lance of Clanners.

#50 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

The problem is that the IS needs to be very aggressive to exploit their advantages and many of the hardest complaining IS pugs are absolute abject total ******* cowards about their stompy robots being shot.

I took screenshots of LRM atlases and king crabs in CW the other day. Just for giggles.

One of the biggest struggles the community seems to have with CW is that CW doesn't hold your hand and use a matchmaker to scale the skill of the players you play with and against back so you can play poorly in bad mechs and still do alright.

If you bring bad mechs and play poorly you're going to do poorly in CW. That's not a bug, it's a feature. If you have no interest in actually being good at the game then stick to quickplay. That is, quite literally, the whole point and purpose of tiers and PSR. To protect you from having to get good at the game. CW, in having an overarching purpose and being faction vs faction war is not designed to make you feel like a winner even when you make bad choices in bad mechs. It's designed to simulate a war between factions. There certainly are expectations of sportsmanship and the like as with any PvP environment but quite simply if you bring frankenbuilds, bad mechs and do not work on getting better at the game you're going to get stomped. That's not the other team being mean, that's you being bad.

Fortunately though there is hope! The queues are getting split!

Which doesn't help the bads - if you're taking your LRM atlases and crabs, your LBX + streak Kitfoxes and such to CW it's going to be worse. You're not going to have anyone to carry you and there will still be players who are good and they're going to farm the crap out of you.

For the rest of us though the number of solo rambo 'I do what I want' sorts are largely going to be weeded out! I'm going to be likely to drop in a match that's got pugs in it and the pugs are way, way more likely to play as a team and have some concept of what a good mech build is!

Going to suck to be tagless though. Have fun in the cesspit; if any of you want to actually learn to win, play well and excel then make a 1 player unit, get a tag and come see what that looks like.

#51 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 29 February 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

The problem is that the IS needs to be very aggressive to exploit their advantages and many of the hardest complaining IS pugs are absolute abject total ******* cowards about their stompy robots being shot.

I took screenshots of LRM atlases and king crabs in CW the other day. Just for giggles.

One of the biggest struggles the community seems to have with CW is that CW doesn't hold your hand and use a matchmaker to scale the skill of the players you play with and against back so you can play poorly in bad mechs and still do alright.

If you bring bad mechs and play poorly you're going to do poorly in CW. That's not a bug, it's a feature. If you have no interest in actually being good at the game then stick to quickplay. That is, quite literally, the whole point and purpose of tiers and PSR. To protect you from having to get good at the game. CW, in having an overarching purpose and being faction vs faction war is not designed to make you feel like a winner even when you make bad choices in bad mechs. It's designed to simulate a war between factions. There certainly are expectations of sportsmanship and the like as with any PvP environment but quite simply if you bring frankenbuilds, bad mechs and do not work on getting better at the game you're going to get stomped. That's not the other team being mean, that's you being bad.

Fortunately though there is hope! The queues are getting split!

Which doesn't help the bads - if you're taking your LRM atlases and crabs, your LBX + streak Kitfoxes and such to CW it's going to be worse. You're not going to have anyone to carry you and there will still be players who are good and they're going to farm the crap out of you.

For the rest of us though the number of solo rambo 'I do what I want' sorts are largely going to be weeded out! I'm going to be likely to drop in a match that's got pugs in it and the pugs are way, way more likely to play as a team and have some concept of what a good mech build is!

Going to suck to be tagless though. Have fun in the cesspit; if any of you want to actually learn to win, play well and excel then make a 1 player unit, get a tag and come see what that looks like.

This guy gets it.

#52 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

#53 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

View PostApollo777, on 28 February 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Clan mechs are superior in any ways! so it seems to me just unfair fight and i dont understand why PGI do nothuing about it!!!
why not all players can use every available mechs in the game for CW?!!

Don't get me wrong, i'm not whining and i have nothing against clans or IS players, afterall we all play this game for fun!
I'm just asking from PGI, "why not everybody can bring any mechs available in the game to CW?"
Maybe clan players like to piloting IS mechs and IS players like to piloting clan mechs in CW!!! What's wrong whith that? let us have some fun!!!

Thx guys ;-)

Obvious troll is obvious. Give you 8/10.

#54 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 February 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

For what it's worth.

I was with a CW unit the other day who saw you on the other team. You and the 228 guys on your team were identified and hunted, intentionally and with great malice, each wave. Specifically because we knew the other Wolf pugs were absolutely terrible and if we knocked you guys out the rest would be a cake walk.

Balance is good right now, IS vs Clans. Units and coordination are the deciding factor.

I wouldn't call balance 'good.' Both sides have very viable builds that can do their jobs very well right now. Both still suffer from being primarily composed of absolute garbage. Both still suffer from a lack of public information on what makes a good mech a good mech.

Protips to struggling players: never, ever go smaller than engine size 250, stack lasers or weapons that synergize together and optimize damage from 300-700 meters (ER larges are for cowards who aren't presenting a target and never get anything useful done,) and stack double heat sinks. Form a line and focus targets. Any second a teammate is getting shot and 12 mechs aren't shooting back is bad news

#55 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

Know then, that it is the year 3053. The known universe is ruled by the Coordinator Saltam the IV, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the Universe is the salt melange. The salt extends rage. The salt expands butthurtitis. The salt is vital to internet points.

#56 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:42 PM

As I read OP. I wonder to myself, where is the true gamers in MWO?

This community just seems to be filled with a bunch of children who complain if they don't get what they want.

I want my incredibly terrible build to destroy everything yet not have to actually work to get the kills or damage.

But I have lost track of my thoughts really.

All I know is I got even dumber than before reading OPs words.

Can't fix stupid.

#57 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

Oh I neglected to mention that every time a good build becomes popular it gets nerfed into oblivion lol. Balance.

Sometimes it happens to bad builds too!

Edited by Chef Kerensky, 29 February 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#58 Chemistrius

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 29 February 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

Oh I neglected to mention that every time a good build becomes popular it gets nerfed into oblivion lol. Balance.

Sometimes it happens to bad builds too!

Everything must suck equally!

#59 Darrin Call

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

Do any of you complainers even look at your mechs specs? I read about King Crabs with 6 machine guns. Did you know that the Arrow, a med mech has 6 machine guns? What are you doing with the other 50 tons? You are wondering why a 75 ton Black Knight with lasers that take a sec to recycle and can overheat is losing to 100 ton assault Dire with 4 auto cannons that can put out 20 -40 more damage while you are waiting for your guns to recycle? That you cannot make an IS mech with the same specs as Clan, you have to make a good IS mecha using the quirks. Do you know what rolling off damage means? That brawling will beat range if they can close. My unit would rather play IS because it is so much easier to roll up damage. But since there are more IS players, and so many make such poor designs it is easier to get games as Clan. I hope we stay IS a while longer cause I'm loving my Black Knight so much I bought another one of the same design. See you on the Battlefield!

#60 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

Quick Play is not how you test your mech & skill - CW is. You, sir, have failed MWO.

View PostChef Kerensky, on 29 February 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

Protips to struggling players: never, ever go smaller than engine size 250, stack lasers or weapons that synergize together and optimize damage from 300-700 meters (ER larges are for cowards who aren't presenting a target and never get anything useful done,) and stack double heat sinks. Form a line and focus targets. Any second a teammate is getting shot and 12 mechs aren't shooting back is bad news

What the sh** is this? I never thought I'd see the day I'd "like" a post from NKVA...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users