199 replies to this topic

#1 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

Clan mechs are superior in any ways! so it seems to me just unfair fight and i dont understand why PGI do nothuing about it!!!
why not all players can use every available mechs in the game for CW?!!

Don't get me wrong, i'm not whining and i have nothing against clans or IS players, afterall we all play this game for fun!
I'm just asking from PGI, "why not everybody can bring any mechs available in the game to CW?"
Maybe clan players like to piloting IS mechs and IS players like to piloting clan mechs in CW!!! What's wrong whith that? let us have some fun!!!

Thx guys ;-)

Edited by Apollo777, 29 February 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image

#3 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:18 AM

Noice b8 10/10 almost constructively posted.

#4 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:33 AM

Yeah. It's outrageous.

Just yesterday i was bringing my beloved Kingcrab to CW. In regular queue, this thing curbstomps everything. It uses a pair of lrms to weaken targets while i'm getting into range (which doesn't take too long thanks to the big xl engine). Once in range, i'm torturing enemy mechs with a thunderstorm of critseeking damage (2 lbx 10, 4 mgs, 2 spl). It's murder on legs.

Against clan mechs in CW? Zero chance. Timberwolfs just gaze at me with their godlike visage and set my world on fire. My whole existence dissipates into a neverending misery of nothing but agony and pain. I haven't killed a single one of those gods in flesh and metal.

PGI only loves clan players. If a top of the line, min-maxed build like my King Crab can't beat a single clan mech in CW, balance is obviously out of whack. PGI simply doesn't want IS players to win or have fun. It is objectively impossible to even win a single match against clans, ever. Skill difference has zero impact on this. It's solely due to OP clan mechs.

Posted Image

I'm out.

Edited by meteorol, 28 February 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#5 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 28 February 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

Yeah. It's outrageous.

Just yesterday i was bringing my beloved Kingcrab to CW. In regular queue, this thing curbstomps everything. It uses a pair of lrms to weaken targets while i'm getting into range (which doesn't take too long thanks to the big xl engine). Once in range, i'm torturing enemy mechs with a thunderstorm of critseeking damage (2 lbx 10, 4 mgs, 2 spl). It's murder on legs.

Against clan mechs in CW? Zero chance. Timberwolfs just gaze at me with their godlike visage and set my world on fire. My whole existence dissipates into a neverending misery of nothing but agony and pain. I haven't killed a single one of those gods in flesh and metal.

PGI only loves clan players. If a top of the line, min-maxed build like my King Crab can't beat a single clan mech in CW, balance is obviously out of whack. PGI simply doesn't want IS players to win or have fun. It is objectively impossible to even win a single match against clans, ever. Skill difference has zero impact on this. It's solely due to OP clan mechs.

Posted Image

I'm out.

I don't know where to begin

Oh wait, yes I do: Ha ha ha.

#6 Karen Supreme

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

Yawn.

Lolled a bit..but above all: yawn

#7 Lord DeicideRavenRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:40 AM

Yeah. It's outrageous.

Posted Image

I'm out.

This. So much this. Gonna give this a signal boost because it's so important. I have similar issues in CW, which I will outline at a later date, but first, a little backstory...

Just last week I was dropping in my favorite Spider. He's a slipper little bugger; even with a STD engine (for survivabilty) you'll never hit me if I've had my coffee. Posted Image Anyway, I've got this thing loaded up with more machine guns than you can shake a stick at. Three, count 'em, three 50 cal dispensers of death, and enough ammo to choke a flaming surat Posted Image. You can imagine my surprise when I went toe to toe with some clanner riding his overquirked Timberwolf -- he had some kind of lasers or something, I dunno -- and immediately lost my center torso and DIED. I'm like, "WTF?!" Needless to say, I was mortified, but then I remembered that it's actually PGI's fault that I lost at the game. Anyway, #freeNKVA

#8 Marcus Graves

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Actually, superior Clan mechs are a matter of the background. In the old tabletop game, 5 Clan mechs were supposed to be equivalent to 8 IS mechs, and from my experience playing the old tabletop game they truly are, but some of that superiority doesn't translate into the online game (i.e. better pilots). Balancing this in MWO is truly difficult, so instead of complaining about it, how about some suggestions of how to do this, like e.g. weight adjustments when putting together CW games?

#9 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

Refer to my topic "Enough Whining" for further clarification on a player's circumstances regarding CW: http://mwomercs.com/...enough-whining/

Short of that...

You most likely challenged an opposing "team" alone. 1 mech, no matter how strong, will utterly die in the face of a coordinated 12-man, or 6-man, or even a 4-man lance.

This is not Call of Duty. You cannot do a 360-no-scope-up-your-***-from-across-the-map-with-a-5-kill-streak-to-get-a-nuke-and-murder-everything play here. You face organized teams; they are out for blood. They know what they're doing. You cannot beat them alone.

That aside, welcome to 3050. Your Inner sphere is under attack by Clans. We are not going away, and we haven't gone away for the past 3 phases.

Considering that units like MercStar, KCOM, 228, and other teams have been able to literally flip the entire freakin' map while playing for either side, you cannot legitimately give me any "Clans OP" BS. You can't even try.

You've got your quirks, your laser ranges, your ability to change out armor and tonnage, your ability to sink heat better than Clans can with the bonuses given to your mechs, and even your hero mechs. You don't get penalized in terms of mobility when you blow a torso-we do.

We run hot. We have no quirks. Our jumpjets, engines, and ferro fibrous armor are all fixed and can't be removed. If anything, PGI has had it out for Clans since day one, but we keep breaking their plans by winning based on the skill of our pilots.

Don't like it? Join a team, or work with one. You have power over your circumstances-exercise it, or be forced into the dark corners of the galaxy.

Edited by Commander A9, 28 February 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#10 Bezko Ward, wielder of Durandal

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGermany, Berlin

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

HA HA HA HA

i actually slipped of my chair there for a second.

Posted Image

#freeNKVA

Edited by Bezko Ward, wielder of Durandal, 28 February 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:52 AM

Yeah. It's outrageous.

Posted Image

I'm out.

View PostSquelches, on 28 February 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

This. So much this. Gonna give this a signal boost because it's so important. I have similar issues in CW, which I will outline at a later date, but first, a little backstory...

Just last week I was dropping in my favorite Spider. He's a slipper little bugger; even with a STD engine (for survivabilty) you'll never hit me if I've had my coffee. Posted Image Anyway, I've got this thing loaded up with more machine guns than you can shake a stick at. Three, count 'em, three 50 cal dispensers of death, and enough ammo to choke a flaming surat Posted Image. You can imagine my surprise when I went toe to toe with some clanner riding his overquirked Timberwolf -- he had some kind of lasers or something, I dunno -- and immediately lost my center torso and DIED. I'm like, "WTF?!" Needless to say, I was mortified, but then I remembered that it's actually PGI's fault that I lost at the game. Anyway, #freeNKVA

The funniest bit is just how many people don't realize how sarcastic you two are. I know because I run into LRM King Crabs and XL King Crabs and STD Spiders about every single day.

Balance is the best it's been since Clans came out. Not saying a whole lot but it's actually pretty good. You have to put some genuine effort into building a mech that's so bad it just can't compete - there's about 20 IS builds that are good enough for CW and almost that many Clan builds. There's probably another 50 that are at least not the same as putting clown shoes on your mech before you drop.

However every single drop there's a few guys clomping around, noses honking and mother ******* mech sized clown shoes flopping around. 80 LRM EBJs, XL King Crabs. LRM Kit Foxes - I saw 3 or 4 yesterday. Like multiple people looked at the various Clan mechs, said 'Hey! The Kit Fox! That's got to be a winner. I'll get that one. Hmm.... what should I put on it? I know! LRMs! That's a BRILLIANT idea on a 35 ton mech!'

It's like watching people try to prefail a match. Now watch this space, because someone's going to post about how amazing their XL LRM King Crab is or their LRM Kit Fox or the like and how they do great by taking LRMs to Vitric and standing outside the gate while their team pushes in.

The biggest problem with PGI making a campaign and making AI is that if they make an AI so bad that most the players in MW:O can beat it we would berate them for making such an incredibly stupid AI - not realizing that it would still be at the 'average' mark for the games population.

There are days when I struggle to muster the strength to chew through my straps, break out of the cell and get to a computer so I can play.

#12 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

New thread is new.

Much inform.

Such Wow.

#13 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

Sigh.

I drank way, way too much last night, and stayed up way past my bed time. I am therefore in no condition to make a well reasoned response to the OPer's whine. I'm sorry but I just can't.

What I can do is make the following suggestions for the OPer's consideration:

1) Just stop.
2) Assuming 1) is ignored, please go to google and type the following: MWO Balance. Feel free to add "Clans OP" or something similar to your search. One of the first few results will be a plethora of links to pages upon pages of whine threads, just like yours on these here forums. By reading even a few pages of this stuff, you will quickly learn that sometimes when folks present their concerns regarding balance in a thoughtful manner -identifying specific problems or concerns, and perhaps even putting forth their own potential solution- there may follow a long and even thoughtful exchange, nay a virtual conversation, of folks thoughtfully (and some not so thoughtfully) discussing the issue, possible solutions and additional concerns.

You will also learn that when such threads are presented with a really absurdist or absolutist point of view without any suggestion of a solution, the community as a whole, will respond pretty negatively with lots of derision and a noted lack of sympathy. Then again you may have figured this out already.

3) May I also recommend the excellent "whine of the day" thread down in the barracks section. You will find its regular users far more sympathetic to non-constructive BS.

#14 Boglyft Kerensky

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 28 February 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Refer to my topic "Enough Whining" for further clarification on a player's circumstances regarding CW: http://mwomercs.com/...enough-whining/

Short of that...

You most likely challenged an opposing "team" alone. 1 mech, no matter how strong, will utterly die in the face of a coordinated 12-man, or 6-man, or even a 4-man lance.

This is not Call of Duty. You cannot do a 360-no-scope-up-your-***-from-across-the-map-with-a-5-kill-streak-to-get-a-nuke-and-murder-everything play here. You face organized teams; they are out for blood. They know what they're doing. You cannot beat them alone.

That aside, welcome to 3050. Your Inner sphere is under attack by Clans. We are not going away, and we haven't gone away for the past 3 phases.

Considering that units like MercStar, KCOM, 228, and other teams have been able to literally flip the entire freakin' map while playing for either side, you cannot legitimately give me any "Clans OP" BS. You can't even try.

You've got your quirks, your laser ranges, your ability to change out armor and tonnage, your ability to sink heat better than Clans can with the bonuses given to your mechs, and even your hero mechs. You don't get penalized in terms of mobility when you blow a torso-we do.

We run hot. We have no quirks. Our jumpjets, engines, and ferro fibrous armor are all fixed and can't be removed. If anything, PGI has had it out for Clans since day one, but we keep breaking their plans by winning based on the skill of our pilots.

Don't like it? Join a team, or work with one. You have power over your circumstances-exercise it, or be forced into the dark corners of the galaxy.

can you help me with something? i'm trying to work out a wolverine build that would have the same speed, firepower and range as a stormcrow prime, that would also not be instakilled by a side torso loss.

i'm pretty close but something just seems off, please feel free to improve

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cf87c8a22bbd178

#15 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

I spotted a 2xLRM 15 Arctic Cheetah the other day, so much fail

#16 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 28 February 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

Bad pugs are bad pugs but there's just something *special* about bad Clan pugs. I think it's just the opportunity to make off the wall bad builds. You need a lot of effort and cunning to do something like put an AC20 on a Raven. It takes some mechbay effort.

With a Clan mech though I can just let the stupid flow and put LRMs on an ACH or waste a TBR on a LRM boat. LB10X Kit Fox and some streak 2s (killed that one yesterday).

Light weight weapons, fewer crit slots for everything, you can stick a shocking amount of stupid into a Clan mech. There just isn't the free crit slots and tonnage to fit as much stupid into an IS mech. People try but Clan mechs are OP for being bad.

#17 Lord DeicideRavenRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 28 February 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

Hahaha dang dude, talk about an epic fail!

View PostBud Crue, on 28 February 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Sigh.

I drank way, way too much last night, and stayed up way past my bed time. I am therefore in no condition to make a well reasoned response to the OPer's whine. I'm sorry but I just can't.

What I can do is make the following suggestions for the OPer's consideration:

1) Just stop.
2) Assuming 1) is ignored, please go to google and type the following: MWO Balance. Feel free to add "Clans OP" or something similar to your search. One of the first few results will be a plethora of links to pages upon pages of whine threads, just like yours on these here forums. By reading even a few pages of this stuff, you will quickly learn that sometimes when folks present their concerns regarding balance in a thoughtful manner -identifying specific problems or concerns, and perhaps even putting forth their own potential solution- there may follow a long and even thoughtful exchange, nay a virtual conversation, of folks thoughtfully (and some not so thoughtfully) discussing the issue, possible solutions and additional concerns.

You will also learn that when such threads are presented with a really absurdist or absolutist point of view without any suggestion of a solution, the community as a whole, will respond pretty negatively with lots of derision and a noted lack of sympathy. Then again you may have figured this out already.

3) May I also recommend the excellent "whine of the day" thread down in the barracks section. You will find its regular users far more sympathetic to non-constructive BS.

lol

#18 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:53 PM

Seen an lrm 10 + srm 4 cheetah too, they're out there, I believe.

#19 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

Really? I only play CW these days. Most of my games are losses vs IS. Many are crushing career ending defeats. This is a plain simple case of get good OP! Especially if you have under-performers on your team and are up against premades.

Edited by W A R K H A N, 28 February 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#20 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 28 February 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

Really? I only play CW these days. Most of my games are losses vs IS. Many are crushing career ending defeats. This is a plain simple case of get good OP! Especially if you have under-performers on your team and are up against premades.

For what it's worth.

I was with a CW unit the other day who saw you on the other team. You and the 228 guys on your team were identified and hunted, intentionally and with great malice, each wave. Specifically because we knew the other Wolf pugs were absolutely terrible and if we knocked you guys out the rest would be a cake walk.

Balance is good right now, IS vs Clans. Units and coordination are the deciding factor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users