Hot-Fix Scheduled For March 22Nd At 3PM PDT/10PM UTC

106 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
We will be rolling out a hot-fix tomorrow, Tuesday March 22nd, scheduled for 3:00 PM PDT [10PM UTC], with the following changes:
Conquest Game Mode
Conquest matches will now end if both of the following two conditions are met:
a) The Enemy team has been eliminated and b) The surviving team holds a sufficient number of Capture zones to ensure a Resource Point victory (if the match were to end at the expiration of the match clock)
Domination Game Mode
Domination matches will now end if both of the following two conditions are met:
a) The Enemy team has been eliminated and
b) at least one surviving 'Mech is inside the capture radius with more time left on the match clock than is needed to finish their capture
Quirk Adjustments
Archer ARC-2R and ARC-2R [S]
Added Missile Heat Gen -10%
Increased CT Structure from 11 to 22
Added LT structure +15
Added RT structure +15
Archer ARC-5S
Added Missile Cooldown -5% Added Missile Heat Gen -5% Added CT Structure 22
Added LT Structure 15
Added RT Structure 15
Archer ARC-5W
Increased Acceleration from 30% to 60%
Increased Deceleration from 30% to 60%
Increased CT Structure from 11 to 22
Increased LT Structure from 7 to 15
Increased RT Structure from 7 to 15
Added Structure LA 9
Added Structure RA 9
Archer ARC-T
Added Missile Velocity +10%
Increased Missile Heat Gen from -5% to -10%
Increased CT Structure from 11 to 18
Increased LT Structure from 7 to 12
Increased RT Structure from 7 to 12
Increased LA Structure from 5 to 9
Increased RA Structure from 5 to 9
Increased LA Structure from 5 to 9
Increased LL Structure from 7 to 12
Increased RL Structure from 7 to 12
The maximum estimated downtime required for this hot-fix will be approximately 30 minutes.
When services are restored you will be required to apply a small patch.

#2 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

So, a hot fix to improve the Archer quirks but we are still waiting for IIC quirks... I paid real money for my Jenner too you know? And it needs better toughness just as much those Archers needed the buff.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 March 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix tomorrow, Tuesday March 22nd, scheduled for 3:00 PM PDT [10PM UTC], with the following changes:

Conquest Game Mode
Conquest matches will now end if both of the following two conditions are met:
a) The Enemy team has been eliminated and

B) The surviving team holds a sufficient number of Capture zones to ensure a Resource Point victory (if the match were to end at the expiration of the match clock)

What does this mean?

The only "reasonable" assumption is that the dead opfor has no caps AND the winning team has at least 1 cap... (though that is related to the amount of time left in the match).

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 March 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

What does this mean?

The only "reasonable" assumption is that the dead opfor has no caps AND the winning team has at least 1 cap... (though that is related to the amount of time left in the match).

The surviving team must have enough caps and the points to exceed the destroyed team points. If the surviving team is behind in points and have no caps, they need to start capping. Once their points exceed the destroyed team points they win, provided time has not expired.

That is the way I am reading it.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 March 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#5 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 March 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

I paid real money for my Jenner too you know? And it needs better toughness just as much those Archers needed the buff.

No , no it does not.

#6 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 21 March 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

No , no it does not.

Says who? you? Well I say they do. Why do your opinion have more value? It's not like I am the only one who thinks they need better armor.
Even more, they are buffing a mech that can kill you with a lurm5 rain from a kilometer away, but you say a light that has to get in your face to kill you is ok with the paper armour it has? Nah I bet you're just an IS diehard fan who thinks "clamz op"

Edited by PraetorGix, 21 March 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#7 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:59 PM

Meh.. the main problem with Conquest now is there is a plenty of time to doing skirmish first and cap later.

A better solution would be speed up the points extraction like about 1.5X the actual rate to incentivate people to split up and protect the zones rather than move in a single group and oblitarate each other.

Edited by Pepito Sbazzeguti, 21 March 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#8 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Says who? you? Well I say they do. Why do your opinion have more value? It's not like I am the only one who thinks they need better armor.

And why does your opinion have more value then ??? Because you spent real money on it ???

It is a light mech, what do you not understand about light mechs ?? I am thinking you expect it to be able to go toe-to-toe with heavier mechs ??

I have seen the jenner IIC put to very good use by skilled pilots, you know, using its speed and agility....
(and they can be a real pain in the [expletive] too)

This is not COD or BF. Lights should be squishy.

#9 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

For the time being try to run your Jenner with 4-5 back armor, it pays off for me, just don't stand still and evade while running ;)

#10 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

While I'd definitely love to see some IIC quirks sooner rather than later, I am glad that they decided to address the under-performing Archer quirks now rather than six months from now. Just because they're not doing *everything* we want right here and right now doesn't mean that they're sitting on their thumbs.

#11 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

So the whiner's win. The archer gets insane quirks. Yet the highlander IIc can't get twist/acceleration quirks OR the ability to fit a larger engine and remains cr4p. So much for "we won't give massive quirks until after resizing mechs is done". Obviously it's only IS whiners that PGI listens to.

Your "one patch a month" isn't working very well, is it.....

#12 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostDefyingReality, on 21 March 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

While I'd definitely love to see some IIC quirks sooner rather than later, I am glad that they decided to address the under-performing Archer quirks now rather than six months from now. Just because they're not doing *everything* we want right here and right now doesn't mean that they're sitting on their thumbs.

Of course, I didn't try to give the impression that it's a bad thing. What it sickens me is the feeling of being treated as a second hand customer. Archer buyers got a premium "technical support" if you will. But IICs buyers paid the same amount of money or more to have their mechs dumped in the "to-do" list for ever, without even an acknowledgement that they are working on it.

#13 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 March 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

So, a hot fix to improve the Archer quirks but we are still waiting for IIC quirks... I paid real money for my Jenner too you know? And it needs better toughness just as much those Archers needed the buff.

Yes because a 35 tonnes that can carry 6 srm6s needs to be other than a glass cannon.

Is you are trying to tank with Jenner IIcs, you are doing something horribly horribly wrong. It may be squishier than other lights, but at least 2 variants can be offensive juggernauts so I feel it to be fair

Now the hunched IIc could use some structure...

Edited by MovinTarget, 21 March 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#14 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 March 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

..............Even more, they are buffing a mech that can kill you with a lurm5 rain from a kilometer away, but you say a light that has to get in your face to kill you is ok with the paper armour it has? Nah I bet you're just an IS diehard fan who thinks "clamz op"

..........Of course, I didn't try to give the impression that it's a bad thing. What it sickens me is the feeling of being treated as a second hand customer. Archer buyers got a premium "technical support" if you will. But IICs buyers paid the same amount of money or more to have their mechs dumped in the "to-do" list for ever, without even an acknowledgement that they are working on it.

Cept IIc mechs are not that poorly balanced. Hence the lack of action. They are fine- lots of other clan mechs got nerfed to uselessness before the IIcs launch so the IIcs would be balanced (and some IS also- Huggin anyone). The weakest IIc being the assault- may need agility buff (but this is true of just about every clan assault in a pack since the direwolf). Many many clan mechs are much worse off. Anyway, the IIc Jenner CAN murder with lrm5s from 1km away- and run away if someone gets close.
I also don't know if the Archer needed such a buff (they may)- But LRM CBill earnings are low enough globally that even a pretty good LRM platform need a very lucky day (and good spotters) to grind Cbills at the rate of your average lazervomit(my experience anyway).

Regardless, its good that the devs have listened and reduced the time spent waiting for a match to end when the outcome is already decided. Now if they could reduce waiting times before a match that would be great (voting/loading screen/drop sequence/power up sequence etc is eating a lot of my game time).

Edited by Wibbledtodeath, 21 March 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#15 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 March 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yes because a 35 tonnes that can carry 6 srm6s needs to be other than a glass cannon.

Is you are trying to tank with Jenner IIcs, you are doing something horribly horribly wrong. It may be squishier than other lights, but at least 2 variants can be offensive juggernauts so I feel ito fair

Now the hunched IIc could use some structure...

Gimme a break, 6xsrm6 are a myth at this point I've seen 2 since the Origins release and I doubt there is a meta forming around it...
And tank? Who said anything about tanking? If you need to tank in order to fire those neverending 2 tonnes of ammo in your slow srm36 Jenner, then YOU are doing something horribly horribly wrong. Me, I just get in close to fire said missiles and try not to be detected. But guess what? it doesn't always work which is why paper armor needs to be better in this mech.

And in any case they can give different quirks to each variant do they not? How about making the Jenner IIC2 something other than the most obsolete variant in the entire game?

#16 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Even more, they are buffing a mech that can kill you with a lurm5 rain from a kilometer away, but you say a light that has to get in your face to kill you is ok with the paper armour it has? Nah I bet you're just an IS diehard fan who thinks "clamz op"

Its the trade off you get having shitload of fire power

Jen armour is fine, maybe you are not playing them right.

How do you normally die ?

#17 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:37 PM

FFS, The archer LRM boat gets more structure quirks than the WHM at same tonnage, AND has bay doors that reduce damage by 10%??

Can they not just normalize the **** across tonnage?

#18 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostWibbledtodeath, on 21 March 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Cept IIc mechs are not that poorly balanced. They are fine- lots of other clan mechs got nerfed to uselessness before the IIcs launch so the IIcs would be balanced (and some IS also- Huggin anyone). The weakest IIc being the assault- may need agility buff (but this is true of just about every clan assault in a pack since the direwolf). Many many clan mechs are much worse off. Anyway, the IIc Jenner CAN murder with lrm5s from across the map- and run away is someone gets close.
I also don't know if archer needed such a buff (they may)- But LRM CBill earnings are low enough globally that even a pretty good LRM platform need a very lucky day (and good spotters) to grind Cbills at the rate of your average lazervomit(my experience anyway).

I bet every IIC needs some buff or another, I didn't play the Orion or Highlander so I wouldn't know. Oh and no, lurm jenner is a joke, trust me I tried to run it and you don't kill sh*t

#19 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

View Postlive1991, on 21 March 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Its the trade off you get having shitload of fire power

Jen armour is fine, maybe you are not playing them right.

How do you normally die ?

A single alpha to the CT. It even happened a couple of times in the hunchy IIC too. Look I'm not advocating for a +50 internal structure or something idiotic like that, and no, I'm not such a horrible pilot. I do quite ok in lights especially, so I know when it is my fault and when it is the mech's paper thin armour. Give it +5 armour all around, maybe +5 internal to those big arms it has, no agility buffs or anything and I'd be happy. It is as they said above, Archer gets more buffs than a Warhammer, but the IICs are left to dry? Makes no sense, and if they can change the Archer this fast, they certainly don't need several months to "gather information" on Origin mechs to carefully balance them.

#20 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 21 March 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Gimme a break, 6xsrm6 are a myth at this point I've seen 2 since the Origins release and I doubt there is a meta forming around it...
And tank? Who said anything about tanking? If you need to tank in order to fire those neverending 2 tonnes of ammo in your slow srm36 Jenner, then YOU are doing something horribly horribly wrong. Me, I just get in close to fire said missiles and try not to be detected. But guess what? it doesn't always work which is why paper armor needs to be better in this mech.

And in any case they can give different quirks to each variant do they not? How about making the Jenner IIC2 something other than the most obsolete variant in the entire game?

A myth huh? Consider yourself lucky... I and many others have one-shotted dires and timbers in the back with a juicy 72 point alpha.

I am sure PGI is not just caving to whining, they have been tracking usage and performance since last week and know that the Archers are under-performing and have ST crafted of warm butter.

If the argument had been specifically for the highlander or hunched IIc perhaps yes, quirks would be nice.

But trust me, you don't want Jenner IIcs pimped... then you'll really wish the srm36 Jenner was a myth.

The reason you probably haven'the seen many of them is because they killed you from behind. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users