ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image

Overall, about as expected, though I had hoped some of the width to the head was perspective skew. Not sure I love the Bowl/Motorcycle helmet head, was hoping it would be a little more narrow, a al Jaegers or some of the Macross Valkyries.

Am Curious... since the pylons on the back are it's JJ system..the models without JJs...technically, shouldn't have them, yes?

What do you think, looking at the Orthos?

Also, anyone note that the RA MG (on the bottom of the forearm) will hit the bottom of the "pistol grip" for the large laser, if fired?
https://mwomercs.com...-lore-blueprint

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 24 March 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#2 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

Looks like the grip is offset a little bit from where the barrel of the MG points.

I still wish we would get all the variants in timeline... they added the PHX-1b but not the PHX-3M?

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

When I give it what I call the blur test (slightly squint your eyes to blur the details but still see the profile) it reminds me mostly of a Grasshopper in general profile and stance. If that is the case, it ought to be tanky. Also seems to me there is a lot of space (spaces) in that profile for PPCs and SRMs to slip through. This thing may end up being REALLY hard to kill.

#4 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 March 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

When I give it what I call the blur test (slightly squint your eyes to blur the details but still see the profile) it reminds me mostly of a Grasshopper in general profile and stance. If that is the case, it ought to be tanky. Also seems to me there is a lot of space (spaces) in that profile for PPCs and SRMs to slip through. This thing may end up being REALLY hard to kill.

Yeah almost like a smaller griffin, with it going really fast with that engine cap it might be ok.

#5 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostBarantor, on 24 March 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

Looks like the grip is offset a little bit from where the barrel of the MG points.

I still wish we would get all the variants in timeline... they added the PHX-1b but not the PHX-3M?

I thought you'd be happy with all the different variants that are all going to be here in one day when it is released.

Anyhow, Phoenix Hawk, are it's jump jets, it's wings/pack, going to be hitboxes?

If they are then Phoenix Hawk's going to be in some deep mud.

#6 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 March 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

Am Curious... since the pylons on the back are it's JJ system..the models without JJs...technically, shouldn't have them, yes?

Since all of the mechs that have JJs in some variants have the JJ geometry on the variants that don't even have JJs, i doubt it.
(The only exception is the Cicada-3F, i believe, but only because it originally didn't have any JJs and got a model with JJs later down the line).

I mean, i'd love it, if the mech lost the JJ geometry if you removed the jump jets. I mean, just look at the Thunderbolts and those absolutely GIANT JJ backpacks they have (when only a single one of the variants even makes use of those JJs, for every other variant those are just giant useless hitbox extensions).

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 24 March 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Since all of the mechs that have JJs in some variants have the JJ geometry on the variants that don't even have JJs, i doubt it.
(The only exception is the Cicada-3F, i believe, but only because it originally didn't have any JJs and got a model with JJs later down the line).

I mean, i'd love it, if the mech lost the JJ geometry if you removed the jump jets. I mean, just look at the Thunderbolts and those absolutely GIANT JJ backpacks they have (when only a single one of the variants even makes use of those JJs, for every other variant those are just giant useless hitbox extensions).

And that leads to my question, how are they going to handle the back packs? will they be part of the front or rear ST's? Will they just be there, but not actually a hit box like the Kodiak claws?

Either way, I'm going to love using the Phoenix Hawk, but knowing how much care I should give when piloting it would be nice to know.

#8 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 24 March 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

I thought you'd be happy with all the different variants that are all going to be here in one day when it is released.

It's nice, but it's always odd to me when they add in the "royal" variant which is usually the most rare, but don't include the Helm Memory Core upgrade models, usually M or S variants.

I realize that some variants can be created with others, but adding in more variants gives them the opportunity to add mechs with a more diverse array of quirks (as maligned as quirks are sometimes held).

With masc being in game now, I wish they would just go back and add all the masc versions of all mechs that are already in game.

#9 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:41 AM

That ortho leads me to believe PHX can mount 2 pistols. I approve.

#10 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

I got the standard pack and the Roc, the Roc because I'm Marik and I like the pattern on it. Will look good in the Khaki and purple colours of the Desert Rats. I do have to agree with Barantor though, it seems we hardly ever get the M variants of mechs, but do get Kurita, Steiner and Davion.

Edited by Will Hawker, 24 March 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#11 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

Okay, where are these orthos stored? I've seen them float around, but I can't find it on the mech page or on the store page...

#12 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

View Postcdlord, on 24 March 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Okay, where are these orthos stored? I've seen them float around, but I can't find it on the mech page or on the store page...

http://mwomercs.com/...-lore-blueprint

#13 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

#14 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 March 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

Overall, about as expected, though I had hoped some of the width to the head was perspective skew. Not sure I love the Bowl/Motorcycle helmet head, was hoping it would be a little more narrow, a al Jaegers or some of the Macross Valkyries.

What do you think, looking at the Orthos?

Also, anyone note that the RA MG (on the bottom of the forearm) will hit the bottom of the "pistol grip" for the large laser, if fired?

Well, I'm scared actually. The CT is quite possibly going to be that narrow strip right down the center, with waaaaaay more ST surface area than I'd ever want on the lighter end of medium mechs.

Also, all head and no neck. But that's just a nitpick. Aside from that, aesthetically speaking it looks pretty good. But from the looks of things, performance wise it's likely going to take a lot of quirks to make it live up to how the fluff talks this mech up as being the quintessential medium of the IS.

Oh no, I just realized the ballistics mounts are under-slung, just about the worst place they could possibly be, (at least until PGI breaks out foot mounted hardpoints). That's disappointing to say the least.

Edited by 0bsidion, 24 March 2016 - 01:15 PM.

#15 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

I'm guessing he's going to fire the pistol from the hip rather than his arm out stretched.

#16 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 24 March 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Well, yeah.... But what about the others, like the Archer and the Rifleman, Marauder, and Warhammer? I searched through the news and though I see the PHX, I don't see the others.....

#17 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

View Postcdlord, on 24 March 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Well, yeah.... But what about the others, like the Archer and the Rifleman, Marauder, and Warhammer? I searched through the news and though I see the PHX, I don't see the others.....

Likely scrubbed from existence on the website now that they have been released.

#18 Oni74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

Not a fan of the motorcycle helmet. Reminds me of the Enforcer-cluster-****. The head needs to be 30% narrower.

What's the deal with laundry-pin jumpjet protrusions? Couldn't they come up with something more high-tech?

#19 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 24 March 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Likely scrubbed from existence on the website now that they have been released.

I found a couple of them but missing the Rifleman and the Marauder.

#20 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

If the head is to narrow it'll look like a Jaeger from Pacific Rim.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users