Premium Time Reward Boost

41 replies to this topic

#1 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

Oki.. right, so premium time, a days worth is 250 mc, let that sink in.......

Ok so now you have the option to "buy out" a match at the end match screen for the same bonuses running premuim would give you at the price of 100 mc...

I'm I the only one who thinks that this is a good idea done so very wrong, though I'm not very surprised, the upper part is for dramatic value Posted Image ?

Sure, I like the idea of such a feature. but at a price 10x less, or at current price but with MAD multiplayer on basic earnings, not x1.5 but more like ~x3 or more.

It is like PGI confused the value to convenience ratio here, as a 10.4mc per hour for the highest priced lowest duration premium time, 1 day. So in 1 hour of play you are expected to be able to play about 6~7 games in solo/group play.... so other than mby that one epic CW game where you did 3000 dmg and god 20 kills but didn't have premium on or don't run it, I never see a reason to use this.

So yeah, PGI if you read this how about cut that price to 10mc per buy out and you will see it used.

Edit: It has been stated below that this is not a cheap substitute for premium time, witch in fact it is not, not only that but even at the suggested 10mc per it still is ~6x worse , I would like to call upon the fact that this game fails terribly at the FTP micro transaction concept as even the developers state that the biggest chunk of income are packages witch by price point are anything but micro and are in the range of AAA game dlc's or mini expansions.

This was the perfect chance to change that and introduce a low pricepoint way to gradually spend the accumulated MC for reasonable ( I remind about 6x worse than the 1 day package value ) gains, but nop it was not to be.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 07 April 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#2 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

It is really good value for people who only play a couple of matches a week, or maybe once a day on average. They don't waste a ton of premium time, and can boost that single match where everything goes right.

It's not meant to be a cheap way of getting the same value as Premium time, as you suggest.

Edited by NoiseCrypt, 07 April 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#3 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:09 PM

It's not cheap because they want the premium time to normally be better.

This is one of the first games I've seen do this sort of thing and it should be encouraged.

#4 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

I wish Premium had some extra perks beyond being a C-Bill/XP booster and Private Match enabler. Like a discount on consumables or something.

It would be really nice if it gave some kind of passive reward outside of playing the game so you don't feel like you're wasting it every day you don't play. Maybe some kind of daily C-Bill stipend, so you can log in after a break with more money to play with?

#5 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

250 MC for 1 day of premium time is a frekin total wackjob ripoff

#6 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

Meh, if you're playing CW and only get 1 drop every 40 minutes, if you only have 2-3 hours to play it might make a little sense to do that over buying 1 day of PT.

That said, I have a decent amount of banked PT so whatever. Doesn't bother me.

#7 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

Waitwaitwait... What's going on now?

#8 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

Oki, I failed to realize , again, that this player base is full of people with an excess of playing funds, and in need of help to get rid of them post haste.. my bad.
In fact I'm pretty sure you wouldn't complain or object enen if they made it cost 249mc, as you would say "well it's still cheaper then 1 day of premium" ...

And yes I do kinda agree that CW might have some use of it, more so if it had a multiplayer larger than x1.5.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 07 April 2016 - 01:25 PM.

#9 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

PGI just can't figure out what to do with premium time.

I don't see it as a big seller, or at the very least it's under performing in sales. They give it away fairly frequently so even they don't think it's all that valuable, but they price it like it is.

It's like that weird relative that shows up to a family gathering, and everyone sees them but tries not to spend time with them.

I basically agree with the OP. If they price it reasonably enough, you'd see lots of people hitting that "Spend X MC to get premium rewards for this match" button. Probably a darned sight more than are using it now for what they are asking.

#10 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

Apparently I have 20,376 hours of banked premium time. That's almost over 2 years' worth.

#11 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 07 April 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Meh, if you're playing CW and only get 1 drop every 40 minutes, if you only have 2-3 hours to play it might make a little sense to do that over buying 1 day of PT.

That said, I have a decent amount of banked PT so whatever. Doesn't bother me.

Even if you do and you play 3 games .. you would be better off with a full day.. it's 50mc less .... I mean lolz, PGI should just put up a "Donate to us" button and get done with it... heck it might just work and get us a much better MW game... if they only swallowed there pride and stop saying "we know what we are doing" all the time.

#12 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 07 April 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Apparently I have 20,376 hours of banked premium time. That's almost over 2 years' worth.

Yes my friend, also would you care to tell us about the amount of currency you invested in to your play time to have that amount of gratis PT?
I mean players have bought gold mechs so... yeah, is there like an upper limit to how much people will pay for, or is that just a first world worry/joke...

Edited by Nik Reaper, 07 April 2016 - 01:33 PM.

#13 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:46 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 07 April 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Even if you do and you play 3 games .. you would be better off with a full day.. it's 50mc less .... I mean lolz, PGI should just put up a "Donate to us" button and get done with it... heck it might just work and get us a much better MW game... if they only swallowed there pride and stop saying "we know what we are doing" all the time.

But if you only win 2 matches of the 3, are you really going to boost the losing CW match?

[it's something.jpg]

#14 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 07 April 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

But if you only win 2 matches of the 3, are you really going to boost the losing CW match?

[it's something.jpg]

But you would still give them 2/5 of a days worth for a single CW win? and just the regular 1.5x bonus at that? (though id does stand to reason that CW games might have a higher MC price, like 20 at most ) .

Edited by Nik Reaper, 07 April 2016 - 01:51 PM.

#15 Rick Windwalker

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:07 PM

Premium time should only run up if you have a crosshair ready.

The current premium time system is still not user friendly.
You need to sleep, work and have time with your family....but payed time is still running up? BS!

I will never ever give real money (MC...) to boost just one game. However it ended.

Rick
out

Edited by Rick Windwalker, 07 April 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#16 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostRick Windwalker, on 07 April 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

Premium time should only run up if you have a crosshair ready.

The current premium time system is still not user friendly.
You need to sleep, work and have time with your family....but payed time is still running up? BS!

I will never ever give real money (MC...) to boost just one game. However it ended.

Rick
out

People have argued that before, problem is, for those people who have 1-2 years worth banked up already, that suddenly gets exponentially increased, possibly 2-3 times as much, if not longer.

That devalues the premium time considerably and PGI loses money.

#17 Rick Windwalker

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 07 April 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

People have argued that before, problem is, for those people who have 1-2 years worth banked up already, that suddenly gets exponentially increased, possibly 2-3 times as much, if not longer.

That devalues the premium time considerably and PGI loses money.

Sure, but...
i am one of those peeps having several months of prem time banked. Bought one year prem time when i started this game, rest came through mechpacks and preorders...
Looking back around 3/4+ of all that payed premtime faded away unused because i have a real life going on.
And yes, i´m playing daily...

I still feel betrayed by the premtimesystem as it is.

I would be fine with cutting banked premtime down to 50% or even less if after that "cut" it only would run up when i am able to shoot something...

Rick
out

Edited by Rick Windwalker, 07 April 2016 - 02:44 PM.

#18 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostRick Windwalker, on 07 April 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Sure, but...
i am one of those peeps having several months of prem time banked. Bought one year prem time when i started this game, rest came through mechpacks and preorders...
Looking back around 3/4 of all that payed premtime faded away unused because i have a real life going on.

I would be fine with cutting banked premtime down to 50% or even less if after that "cut" it only would run up when i am able to shoot something...

Rick
out

What game actually runs premium time or it's like, only while you are actually in a match? The argument has always been made, here, that next to none do so. I don't generally play anything else where it's offered, so I don't have any real experience with the matter.

#19 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostRick Windwalker, on 07 April 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Sure, but...
Looking back around 3/4 of all that payed premtime faded away unused because i have a real life going on.

Rick
out

I agree.

I've got at least a year of prem time banked up and I've not touched it because of work and whatever. If I didn't have to work to live, I'd probably play the game a lot more often and run my prem time as well.

The fact that it doesn't work like that is exactly why I haven't bought prem time straight up, only from ordering the mech packs all the way back to the original Clan release... And the occasional mech mastery pack as well, though the prem time from those ran out a couple months ago as I was unable to play for a long time due to my medical condition.

That's what really gets my gander up though, when I'm curled up in pain unable to do literally anything except watch YouTube or NetFlix, but, there's nothing I can do either way.

#20 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:01 PM

It's worthless.

In order to make it "worthwhile", it would have to be less than 1/10 the regular cost of 1 Day Premium Time... realistically it would have to be 10 MC or even 5 MC to be tempting.

So, it's worthless from a logistical cost standpoint.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users