68 replies to this topic

#61 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostEbola, on 30 July 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

playing a locist isn't about the leader board, you will never compete with the heavy and assault drivers in statistics. its about having the most fun at the game.

I can play Fast poking mediums alright but once I start getting into the Heavy and Assaults I die of boredom (but play them anyway in Faction Play since it forces me take 1 so I can field my 3 lights). If you can't move 100 KPH (w/o speed perks [Basically a max engine 55 tonner]) it's not a suitable Mech for me. Esp. after a couple days of Locust play switching even into my Raven seems slow!

Edited by Aldodrem, 03 August 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#62 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

What would be more effective for a LCT-1V: MPL and 4 LMGs, MPL and 4 MGs, or (ER)ML, 4 (L)MGs and (L)AMS? I've tried LPPC and 4 LMGs with very little success.

#63 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

View Postsgtarkeus, on 23 August 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

What would be more effective for a LCT-1V: MPL and 4 LMGs, MPL and 4 MGs, or (ER)ML, 4 (L)MGs and (L)AMS? I've tried LPPC and 4 LMGs with very little success.

You don't need any kind of Anti-Missile if you are running the 190XL engine because top speed will outrun the velocity of LRMs. MPL since it is 6 damage instead of 5 and you need all the damage output you can muster on locusts. Pair it with the LMG since it has roughly the same optimal range if you want but I perfer to the regular MG since they do more damage and you do have the speed to make use of them. I don't recommend HMG because the locust can't support the required ammo capacity for those.

You want to use this formula (w/o any ammo perks because locust you are building all the agility perks!) for Machine Guns when they are primary weaponry on a Mech (roughly halve the amount if it is a secondary weapon however). This is the Minimal amount, you can always bring more.
Per Lght MG - .5 Ton
Per MG - .75 Ton
Per Hvy MG - 1 Ton

Edited by Aldodrem, 27 August 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#64 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Thanks Aldodrem!

#65 Arisaka type 099

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostAldodrem, on 03 August 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

I can play Fast poking mediums alright but once I start getting into the Heavy and Assaults I die of boredom (but play them anyway in Faction Play since it forces me take 1 so I can field my 3 lights). If you can't move 100 KPH (w/o speed perks [Basically a max engine 55 tonner]) it's not a suitable Mech for me. Esp. after a couple days of Locust play switching even into my Raven seems slow!

Agreed. when I go back to my Raven build, I feel more vulnerable for the lack of speed; whether it's a missile build, or energy finish-them-off build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users