334 replies to this topic

#41 Volts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:28 AM

View PostDarklightCA, on 18 May 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

It's not as easy as you might think. Aside from not taking a contract until we confirm what MS is taking. Even when we are on opposite sides there is no guarantee that MS won't just switch different lanes. They've done that a lot in the past.

You should arrange to drop opposite MS, so that we can then accuse you both of collusion.

#42 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:47 AM

1) “Community Warfare” changed title to “Faction Play” – this is actually the only difference “before vs after”. Still no common sense in all this same looking drops

(+)

2) 10 factions for the game small like this is too much. Small population very spread. Don’t forget about time zones people playing

(+)

3) Huge merc units all as one switched to 1 faction, expecting thousands of masochists players come to fight against stupidly build boring mode and to suffer their stomps.

(=)

This Thread.

Posted Image

You expected something else? If you so coordinated avoiding fights with each other, but not lucky enough to find billions of pugs to instadie from your hand – turn your coordination system 180 and start fighting each other…. Oh wait…

Edited by Varvar86, 19 May 2016 - 04:48 AM.

#43 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:09 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 19 May 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

Okay then captain obvious, i guess we should have you come run mercstar for us since we dont know what we are doing

if u look at the current problem apperently you dont XD

#44 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:26 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 18 May 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

Oh wow.

Did not believe you guys would be that stupid.

The falcons were already complaining that no one wanted to fight them, before you guys moved...

Even if every active Steiner player dropped on that border, since ALL the major merc groups went to the same power, and then attacked the same faction, there wouldn't be the population to give you regular drops. And since just one of those merc groups likely has more active members than even the largest active house...

I mean...seriously: what did you guys think would happen? Even if everyone in Steiner wanted to participate in your pug-farming, you'd STILL be waiting forever for a drop because you all went to the same place.

Don't blame the game - blame yourselves.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 19 May 2016 - 05:26 AM.

#45 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:26 AM

#46 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:30 AM

View PostDarklightCA, on 18 May 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

It's not as easy as you might think. Aside from not taking a contract until we confirm what MS is taking. Even when we are on opposite sides there is no guarantee that MS won't just switch different lanes. They've done that a lot in the past.

We stayed CSJ for two weeks.

Where were you?

#47 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:35 AM

View PostDarklightCA, on 19 May 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

You are joking right? Davion wasn't defending their worlds, likely because they were being attacked/attacking other factions. We like MANY other units/players went where we were more likely to get actual drops. What would you have us do, ghost drop game after game and hope MS comes out to play? Because we did that in Kurita and it never did **** for us.

Please stop stating things about units that you know nothing about. 228 would love nothing more than to fight MS but we can't magicly make drops happen or make them fight us.

I would like everyone to go to the faction play tab and type "Talitha" into the planet search. A planet at the border between Marik and Davion. Then scroll down the unit history and have a look which units owned that planet within the last 9 days. Yes ladies and gentleman, the unit -MS- defended that Davion planet at the Marik border 14 times. The 228IBR was Marik during that period but apparently never really contested that Davion planet.

You might think I know nothing about what was going on. Now go back to the planet history and scroll down a little bit further. Oh yes, it was MY UNIT that owned this planet before we switched to Ghost Bears. And every secound drop when attacking a Rasalhague planet as Ghost Bears we had either the 228IBR as Marik or -MS- as Davion in the enemy team. When having a look at Talitha I could see that never more than 2 of the slots had changed their colour.

DarklightCA, I know EXACTLY what I am talking about and everyone can see in the planet history on Talitha, that you weren't having ghost drops but that you preferred to avoid each other and went easy mode at the clan border.

#48 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostBSK, on 19 May 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

DarklightCA, I know EXACTLY what I am talking about and everyone can see in the planet history on Talitha, that you weren't having ghost drops but that you preferred to avoid each other and went easy mode at the clan border.

Planet history tells us nothing at all, could be gained by ghostdrops, etc.
People like you doesn't seem to understand that seal clubbing gets boring after the first match.
Believe it or not, some folks in good units seek competition.
/tinfoilhelmet

#49 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:40 AM

And that's why they didn't attack each other? Bcause 228IBR and -MS- woud be seal clubbing each other? Dude you don't make sense, please first understand what other people write about and then post.

#50 FaithBombCRNA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

I would have more of a problem with this if MS hadn't known exactly what they were getting into. This 54 minute queue was streamed on Sader's twitch (and btw, the elevator music was great, calmed my little pooch right down), and he flat out said he knew and warned that this would happen if MS went CJF. Yet they did anyway cuz Kodiaks. I'm not saying the mechanic isn't broken, all I'm saying is that at least some voices inside MS knew it was broken in this particular way. The only thing more annoying than Sader? Sader when he is right.

#51 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostBSK, on 19 May 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

I would like everyone to go to the faction play tab and type "Talitha" into the planet search. A planet at the border between Marik and Davion. Then scroll down the unit history and have a look which units owned that planet within the last 9 days. Yes ladies and gentleman, the unit -MS- defended that Davion planet at the Marik border 14 times. The 228IBR was Marik during that period but apparently never really contested that Davion planet.

You might think I know nothing about what was going on. Now go back to the planet history and scroll down a little bit further. Oh yes, it was MY UNIT that owned this planet before we switched to Ghost Bears. And every secound drop when attacking a Rasalhague planet as Ghost Bears we had either the 228IBR as Marik or -MS- as Davion in the enemy team. When having a look at Talitha I could see that never more than 2 of the slots had changed their colour.

That's complete BS. 228 was hitting Davion for over a hour getting ghost drop after ghost drop so we decided to hit whatever lane would give us a actual match. I was there playing the games with other 228 members so I know what I am talking about. You were not there, you are stating that 228 dodges fight with MS based on complete garbage information and speculation on your part.

We are not going to spend our nights ghost dropping a Davion planet just to hope that MS starts defending the planet, that is boring AF. You have no idea what you are talking about.

View PostSader325, on 19 May 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

We stayed CSJ for two weeks.

Where were you?

Not what I meant, I was referring to getting actual games with MS and have them switch lanes after the game to never be seen again. I would suppose it depends on what 12 man I'd be facing as sometimes we can get a few games in but more often than not I'll never see that 12 man again in that lane after meeting.

Edited by DarklightCA, 19 May 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#52 Garuda4711

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

When we (Steiner) avoid fight MS + 228 + KCom etc. altogether you call it "embarassing", while at the same time you carefully avoid fighting each other?

And you tell us about lore "not defending our home-worlds", while you fight as CLAN-MERCENARIES????

Think before you type!!!!

#53 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostGaruda4711, on 19 May 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

When we (Steiner) avoid fight MS + 228 + KCom etc. altogether you call it "embarassing", while at the same time you carefully avoid fighting each other?

And you tell us about lore "not defending our home-worlds", while you fight as CLAN-MERCENARIES????

Think before you type!!!!

There is a bit of a difference. The only reason why there are so many units in the same faction is the fact the Kodiak got released and everybody wanted to take a Clan contract to play with them. CJF is the only attractive Clan faction to contract with being they are pretty much the only Clan faction actually holding their ground and not withering away.

I would love to be Steiner right now to fight CJF at this moment. You get the option to get the best competition and fast matches because CJF has such a high population right now. If you want to waste that, that's your decision.

Edited by DarklightCA, 19 May 2016 - 08:49 AM.

#54 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostDarklightCA, on 19 May 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

based on complete garbage information and speculation on your part.

Mercenary contracts are all at 7 days now. Within those 7 days you have 3 attack phases per day and therefor get the chance to take part in 21 attack phases. In 14 of these 21 attack phases the unit -MS- was able to put its name on the planet at your border, defending the one and only planet the faction you picked a contract for had chosen to attack. Two Thirds of the whole time you were there and you want to tell us you never got a message that reinforcements are needed?

And then you say only JF is attractive although the Kodiak is according to lore a Ghost Bear 'mech with free Ghost Bear camo and it could have been easy for you to conquer planets of Rasalhague. But wait, the Ghost Bears are unattractive because when we attack Rasalhague we have to fight 228IBR from Marik and -MS- from Davion because you guys want the easy mode and avoid fights at the same border to not face each other.

I recommend you talk to your unit leader before you post here again.

#55 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostFaithBombCRNA, on 19 May 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

I would have more of a problem with this if MS hadn't known exactly what they were getting into. This 54 minute queue was streamed on Sader's twitch (and btw, the elevator music was great, calmed my little pooch right down), and he flat out said he knew and warned that this would happen if MS went CJF. Yet they did anyway cuz Kodiaks. I'm not saying the mechanic isn't broken, all I'm saying is that at least some voices inside MS knew it was broken in this particular way. The only thing more annoying than Sader? Sader when he is right.

Yeah this is really just a case of mechpack chasing over better judgment. Innersphere wasnt even an option for rank and file to vote

#56 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:50 AM

Jesus, there is already little to be a loyalist compared to being a merc. The one big thing we get over you guys is voting attack lanes. Yet you want that as well for being a merc? What point is there then, what benefit is there for being a loyalist then? Maybe if FW didn't have over half the population as mercs, maybe it would be different and more in depth, but everyone wants to be a merc cause it gives you no cons, the only thing you really don't get is to vote and as stated you want that as well?....

#57 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 18 May 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

I have officially lost confidence in PGI.

I lost mine years ago....

#58 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 19 May 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Better you learn to run your business.

Posted Image

pppfffffttt, its only funny when I do it

Posted Image

#59 Gigashot

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

"All the megaunits went CJF because they're the only Clan holding their ground." isn't the whole point that you are supposed to go to factions that aren't able to hold their ground and be the thing that holds ground? If the megaunits fight each other, it trickles down so smaller Units can get into an actual match 2, 4, or 6, at a time. But instead, you avoid each other, play 12 vs. pugs. Queue's turn into 0/0 and you just ghost drop until enough pugs coalesce to get clubbed? Stay tuned next week for more of the same.

Stop me when I'm wrong here.

Edited by Gigashot, 19 May 2016 - 10:13 AM.

#60 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

Imo, why didn't each major large Merc unit pick a different Clan each and compete for who can reach Terra faster, atleast it would be more sporty that way....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users