Kdk3: Please Just Get The Inevitable Nerf Out Of The Way With? **achieved! Thank You Whiners!*

1017 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

Chicken Littles wont stop until the KDK3 is nerfed into obscurity, so since we know it's going to happen, can we just get it done with?

And since we know PGI can't do anything without going to extremes, just get ready for it to be worthless.

My only real question is after the 3 falls, which poor KDK will earn the ire of the Butthurt masses next? I only ask, because I'd like to know before spending time, money, effort, etc, mastering versions that are just going to get Highlander'd.

I am guessing the next target of the OP whinefest will be the Spirit Bear, which of course will also get the inevitable "P2W" tag?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 15 July 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#2 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

Eh.. with the amount of hurt from players, the KDK-3 will get uac jame chance increased, the SB will get increased missile heat gen and the others will get Laser heat gen increased. Plus the hitboxes will get worse. /sarcasm off.

The three matches I have played since the Kodiak drop, they seem lile they are actually just in the right spot of what the Clans needed. Other than the wonky hitboxes, or is it HSR going beserk.

Tl;dr: remove the quirks and fix the hitboxes instead.

#3 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 May 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Chicken Littles wont stop until the KDK3 is nerfed into obscurity, so since we know it's going to happen, can we just get it done with?

And since we know PGI can't do anything without going to extremes, just get ready for it to be worthless.

My only real question is after the 3 falls, which poor KDK will earn the ire of the Butthurt masses next? I only ask, because I'd like to know before spending time, money, effort, etc, mastering versions that are just going to get Highlander'd.

I am guessing the next target of the OP whinefest will be the Spirit Bear, which of course will also get the inevitable "P2W" tag?

Oh bishop dont call for it. Have there already been twitters and a response from Russ?
No? So there is still some hope. Unless they give the KDK3 -20% ballistic quirks its gonna be fine without any quirks.

Edited by Antares102, 23 May 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostAntares102, on 23 May 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Oh bishop dont call for it. Have there already been twitters and a response from Russ?
No? So there is still some hope. Unless they give the KDK3 -20% ballistic quirks its gonna be fine without any quirks.

Actually I wish they'd just cave in and do exactly what the forums ask. Then when the game ends up a million times worse than now, I can laugh at them.

#5 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:54 AM

The mech is good as it is now!

#6 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 May 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

Actually I wish they'd just cave in and do exactly what the forums ask. Then when the game ends up a million times worse than now, I can laugh at them.

Now you know how I feel towards the Jenner.

People call for nerf's with having no idea what they are talking about.

All they need to do is De_Couple the Engine Size and agility connection, and use another formula for agility. That would fix ALOT of the issues for all mechs.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 23 May 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#7 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

This really is why we can't have nice things.

#8 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 23 May 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

The mech is good as it is now!

You're right! It is! And unfortunately, THAT is the problem. The Kodiak 3 DOESN'T SUCK.

It kills things with brutal efficiency, which is exactly what you'd expect from a 100 ton killing machine, and that makes PuG tears flow like rivers in monsoon season.

"I stood in front of it, and it shot me, and I died." Yep, that's the mentality of those calling for nerfs to rain from the heavens upon the Kody3. Can't fathom that 80 pts of nearly pinpoint damage will blast a hole through their 80 tube XL lurm Stalker, so they cry about the Kodiak being 'too good'.

The poor Kodiak is basically CT from the legs up, but it still puts out hurt faster than they can adapt (they can look that word up later...), so they want to make it horrible, like most other variants of the Kody.

This is the reason we can't have nice things. PGI will always cater to the Tier 6 crowd...

#9 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

Quirks will be removed but hitboxes will be adjusted too. Relax Bishop, your toy will be fine.

#10 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

Now now Bishop.

There's no reason to nerf the Kodiak early. No one wants to "annoy" the paying customers until the thing releases for c-bills.

Then the real nerf hammer will come out as PGI prepares the next MC only mech for sale.

That's generally how it works around here, you know that.

#11 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

KDK-3 Quirks: Ballistic cooldown +2 seconds, UAC Jam Chance +50%, Ballistic range -25%

#12 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

Well, you know how these things go. There's a collection of players out there that think anything that kills them must be OP because they're the most super awesome player ever and their e-pride can't take it and only something OP could possibly kill them because they ninja dodge everything else with their l33t sk1llz.

So they come here and cry their eyes out. It doesn't always mean they get taken seriously. It's when the non-alarmists start saying something is broken that you have to worry.

#13 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 May 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

No no no no no... wait until I have them Mastered, THEN do what the forums ask so you can laugh at them.

They're hard enough to grind as-is.

#14 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostAntares102, on 23 May 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yeah, Russ has been completely silent on the Kodiak postrelease. I'm not sure what that means or if it means anything. I am sure he has an abundance of tweets about it to reply to, if he so chose.

All he said prerelease is that the laserboats didn't get quirks because duh, and they would get quirks later if they needed them.

Anyway, I think they are done with giving mechs negative quirks. They got rid of them in the TBR, and I don't think any remain. Negative quirks aren't fun.

#15 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:27 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 23 May 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Well, you know how these things go. There's a collection of players out there that think anything that kills them must be OP because they're the most super awesome player ever and their e-pride can't take it and only something OP could possibly kill them because they ninja dodge everything else with their l33t sk1llz.

So they come here and cry their eyes out. It doesn't always mean they get taken seriously. It's when the non-alarmists start saying something is broken that you have to worry.

And there are just as many players that think if they cannot single handedly carry a team with a mech and their leet skillz every match, it needs buffs (or is already balanced).

#16 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 23 May 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#17 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

First there are more posts on the forum saying Kodiak is ok than there are claims to Nerf it. There are also more silly damage control threads like this one than there is actual threads started to call for nerfs.

Second, the most likely change is simply removal of the positive quirks, which would still leave the 3 an amazing mech so nothing to fret about.

Third it is very likely that the Kodiak will get a hitbox pass that will improve it, given the clear indications that they are bugged. I think an improvement to the hitboxes would probably be a larger plus than the quirks currently are, so if both things are done it should come out as a net buff.

You are inflating the issue with your projections too.

#18 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

Where are all the tears about the KDK being OP that you are referring to? I have seen a few post on various threads and maybe one thread specifically about it. I have seen more complaints about the event and the sheer number of Kodiaks in the games than I have about the Mech itself being OP.

Actually, there are more "tongue in cheek" threads like this one about nerfing the Kodiak into oblivion than there are actual post about wanting it nerfed. Maybe Twitter or Reddit is ablaze with the complaints?

#19 The Amazing Spider Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

Poetry for the new arrival? I love it, can I try a go at it?!

Newest mech gets nerfed with cbills,
PGI's unrepentant sin.
Oh dear Lord will you ever kill
this cyclical pay to win?
The power creep is getting strong,
Commandos sit gathering rust.
I fear it won't be very long
'till all light mechs bite the dust.

#20 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 23 May 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Quirks will be removed but hitboxes will be adjusted too. Relax Bishop, your toy will be fine.

Now where -- and how many times -- did I hear that before?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users