#101 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 08 September 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Was the article a joke? I make 3 points to prove that similar tonned clan mechs are at least equal to IS mechs.

1. Clan XL engines.

2. Clan large pulse laser.

3. Clan Ultra AC 10.

Nuff said *drops the mic*

And here are several points that prove you wrong.

1. Bloated quirks (particularly mobility quirks)

2. Burst-damage ballistics

3. Cluster-fire missiles

4. Short-duration lasers

5. Generally cooler-running weapons

6. Lower cost for mechs

7. CW maps favour IS preferred combat range (250-600 meters)

8. More choices, particularly when it comes to viable builds.

#102 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 08 September 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Was the article a joke? I make 3 points to prove that similar tonned clan mechs are at least equal to IS mechs.

1. Clan XL engines.

2. Clan large pulse laser.

3. Clan Ultra AC 10.

Nuff said *drops the mic*

Again, it comes down to how you play your mech, taking into account your opponent (where possible).

UACs are *great* on stationary targets or coming straight at you, otherwise, I feel like the damage spreads more than I'd like.

Clan XLs are still great after the nerf, especially on non-omnis like the Kodiak and the IICs.

People shout me down but honestly in the past 6 months or so, I've felt the balance has been as good as its ever been since Clans were introduced. You have real differences in the technology that (for the most part) gives clan tech and IS tech very different identities, but when used properly allow for either side to win if the team skill/coordination is comparable.

Edited by MovinTarget, 08 September 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#103 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:53 PM

What strikes me as odd is the high face time mechs have little or no survivability quirks, yet the front loaded pin point damage mechs get quirks for survivability, cool down. Duration. Range and heat.....
Let that sink in, then consider people repeatedly saying the high face time mechs are still op. In an environment where short duration contact windows decide fights....

#104 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:43 AM

View PostArkham Chase, on 10 September 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

...Let that sink in, then consider people repeatedly saying the high face time mechs are still op. In an environment where short duration contact windows decide fights....

Who are these people?

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 11 September 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#105 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:56 AM

High face time is fine... if you can kill things fast (KDK-3) or you are hard to hit (ACH/Jenny IIc). For many of my clan mechs I drop with LBXs in FP because they are heat efficient and the 10s get a phenomenal amount of ammo/ton. They are more forgiving if you don't line up your shot perfectly and 10s pair well with ERMLs. Do they splash? Outside of 150m of course, but at least you know that going in... They don't jam, its really hard to get GH on them...

I think a lot of people get fixated on a chassis/build thinking it will be so awesome and get bummed when they either can't play it right or find it doesn't live up to expectations. This is an environment where you have very little control over the variables that aren't directly associated to your mech. While you may sacrifice Burst damage, having a low face-time, low heat build can extend your lifespan.

#106 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:02 AM

It's not just the mech that determines victory.

It's the pilot.

It's the team.

It's the leadership.

It's the coordination.

And, hell, we've been doing pretty damn nicely with this competition going on, and we're in Clan mechs.

Although, yes, I would agree: Clan mechs have been nerfed into the ground and are a shadow of what they used to be. My Timber Wolf now seems as agile as a bus.

Edited by Commander A9, 11 September 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#107 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:03 AM

Just stumbled across this thread and you guys are missing the point. It's not the Mechs, the whole Clans are a joke Posted Image

#108 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:06 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 11 September 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

It's the pilot.

It's the team.

It's the leadership.

It's the coordination.

And, hell, we've been doing pretty damn nicely with this competition going on, and we're in Clan mechs.

Although, yes, I would agree: Clan mechs have been nerfed into the ground and are a shadow of what they used to be. My Timber Wolf now seems as agile as a bus.

So are they nerfed into the ground for balance or are they worse than IS and its only by the sheer skill and willpower of cjf (and legions of mercs) that you've carved through the IS?

I'm reading your post and thinking it's not conclusive.

Edited by MovinTarget, 11 September 2016 - 06:21 AM.

#109 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

Eh, I don't know anymore...

I mean, MS over here has managed to come up with stuff that works, sure...and the lot of us are veteran pilots, yeah.

But...I just feel like the mechs are lacking based on what they used to be...

Not as fast, running hotter, not as agile on the twist, the XL speed reduction when you blow a torso...

Yeah, I know, they nerfed the whole Mech XP skill grids across the board for everyone...

Edited by Commander A9, 13 September 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#110 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostAncillaLupus, on 02 June 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

Clan Mechs have been clan mechs on release.
PGI "patched" (aka nerfed) them for "balance reasons" to near unuasability. Jokes like 2 sec ER LL burn duration and stuff.
After that ppl (for good reasons) started complaining. PGI patched clan mechs again, but gave IS mechs a ton of quirks.

Long story short: Thats todays situation.
Fact is, regardless of stat blabla that clan mechs are (if ever) only slightly better than is mechs due to their lower weight on weaponary.

They are only slightly more agile.
Only slightly faster BUT due to omni pod design (expect Kodiak) fixed on their engine, therefor topspeed and agility.

As said ... that was called "balancing" instead of matching 8 clans vs 12 is which had ben WAYS more usefull.

my 2 cents

they running mostly 70kph+ so fixed engine is not a problem.And for that fixed engine you can swap hardpoints how ever you
like.Clan mechs can perform very well if the player does it also.same is the case for IS.
And one thing is fact, as often as i read IS is op i got equaly in numbers rofflstomped by clan teams in FW Posted Image
So imo all good and if not just switch sides and you are fine (wont take that long to get some IS mechs with the
actual cbill income system(if you dont know what i mean play World of tanks and try to get an E100
(see you in are year)))

Edited by SHRedo, 13 September 2016 - 12:31 PM.

#111 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

What is this, instance 375 of this conversation in one form or another (CLAN MECHS OP IS MECHS OP)?

#112 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 696 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 11 September 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

It's the pilot.

It's the team.

It's the leadership.

It's the coordination.

Kodiak. That is all.

#113 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostVonbach, on 19 September 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Kodiak 3. That is all.

There, fixed it for you. Honestly, it's surprising how often people fail to differentiate the KDK-3, which is OP in some ways, and the other variants, which are actually slightly sub-par compared to other mechs that fill the same roles. For example, the KDK 1 and 5, both laserboats, are easily outdone by the Wubshee and the Wubmaster. And the Kodiak hero, the Spirit Bear, is out done as a brawler by any Atlas variant.

#114 Spider00x

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

I'm a rank 20 steiner, I played only IS Faction warfare for 12 months straight then we switched to mercenary and played clans I have 480 CW wins as a clan mercenary with 36 losses and I now control 7 planets in wolf and held 6 in ghost bear...

Clan mechs are OP, kodiak k3 is OP streaks are OP I just dropped the mic and ended your stupid thread. If you can't get results on these huge DPS killing machines your doing it wrong I have literally 100 hours of twitch feed from my stream from playing about 60 games during operation front line were I literally lost 3 games in two weeks.

The end

Www.twitch.tv/spider00x

Edited by Spider00x, 21 September 2016 - 09:17 AM.

#115 Arkaiko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostChaoticUrlond, on 02 June 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Lets give good reasons why Clan Mechs are a joke and most Clan Factions are a Joke as well!

I'll start Clan Mechs are a joke cause we dont have the agility to counter the IS Mechs. An IS Mech can easily be forgiven for going to the wrong place or firing to early due to their quirks. Clans not so much so if we screw up we're dead.

Clan Factions are also a joke cause "Teamwork is non existent."
"

u got brain damage, clan mechs got overall better weapons, more range and damage on ALL lasers (C-ERML its more similar to the LL of IS, but just for 1 ton), and the ultra AC who spam bullets, shakes screen... the SSRM6 boats...
in faction play, pug vs pug, clan mechs win 9 of 10, in fact, in my opinion, use clan mechs is the most close to play in easy mode in MWO

Edited by Arkaiko, 21 September 2016 - 09:46 AM.

#116 Arkaiko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 08 September 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

And here are several points that prove you wrong.

1. Bloated quirks (particularly mobility quirks)

2. Burst-damage ballistics

3. Cluster-fire missiles

4. Short-duration lasers

5. Generally cooler-running weapons

6. Lower cost for mechs

7. CW maps favour IS preferred combat range (250-600 meters)

8. More choices, particularly when it comes to viable builds.

1- Quirks? C-ERML =7 damage, 405 range / IS ML+ 10% energy range, +10% ML range+ ML module 10% = 5 damage, 351 range (just if the mech got all those quirks and the module)
2- C-UAC-20 and C-UAC-10 pls...
3- C-SSRM6 boats...
4- short duration lasers, but short damage and short range too
5- cooler, and weaker in all posible ways...
6- in faction play many players used trial mechs, and actually win more than IS custome mechs
7- "faction play" what maps are that? what map doesnt have that 1000 meters corredor to doors, or inside base?(clan mechs hit O-gens from outside the door, even developers notice that)

u r high and drunk

#117 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:54 AM

Thanks goodness the "C" button on Arkaiko's keyboard broke so he can only "like" himself and not "lick" himself...

The best way to resolve this would be if the Merc Pilot leaderboard showed not only how many FP games played, but for which side.. Then you look at the players with considerable total games and compare their performance from one side to another. Sure, its not removing all possible dependencies from the evaluation but it removes a major one: How does the same pilot perform in Clan tech vs IS tech?

I would bet that in the top 100-200 the quality of play would be almost even, but at the bottom it would be very skewed one way or another, but it would be interesting nonetheless...

#118 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:37 AM

I can do all this fancy stuff, therefore everybody else can do too.

Logical fail.

While back saw merc pilot posting W/L and K/D ratios, IS side was slightly better, not much, but still.

And Spidey, your birth date still shows December 2015. Is this alt account or bug?

Edited by SmokeGuar, 21 September 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#119 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

while it may not be totally relevant, we did some testing last night and ran stock mechs, IS vs Clan, no quirks. IS lost 2 out of 3 quite convincingly. the only IS win came with 12v11 with the IS all being 100t assaults...

#120 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 11 September 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

Just stumbled across this thread and you guys are missing the point. It's not the Mechs, the whole Clans are a joke Posted Image

Damnit man I don't come to the house forums to piddle on you backstabbing freebirth scum, so stop peeing in my cheerios!

View Postshameless, on 21 September 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

while it may not be totally relevant, we did some testing last night and ran stock mechs, IS vs Clan, no quirks. IS lost 2 out of 3 quite convincingly. the only IS win came with 12v11 with the IS all being 100t assaults...

Did you try the same stock mode with quirks if that was an option?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users