Is It "just The Tournament" Or Has Pgi Gone Full "fortress Piranha", Again?

503 replies to this topic

#21 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 05 June 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Problem being the only way PGI seem to listen is when people start wanting refunds with mechs/packs. It should take a hit to their bottom line to get them to do or fix something. That should be par for the course for their business. Where is the pride in what they are providing.

All I see is Russ's agenda being pushed with little to no consideration for what the general population of MWO actually wants (and was promised from day one).

Im itching to get my hands on the Kodiak but I know the nerfbat is on the way. I have even heard rumors of NS whomping a PGI 12 man with 12 Kodiaks and there was something about jam chance changes directly because of this.

First thing, why is a PGI team taking on one of the best units in the game, they were always going to get their asses handed to them cause they dont play enough to compete with the likes of NS.

You have heard rumors? Rumors are rumors, and that's all there is to it. If there was a screenshot or something along those lines, believable. I don't mean to slap it down but rumors shouldn't be heeded.

You know, I know there's nothing of good to be talked of PGI right now, and I really don't want to talk about it, but I will because I feel it's right to talk to you all.

PGI starts listening when they lose money? doesn't every company do so?

Nonetheless, community and company should be united in this situation. let players have access to some resources for the game and make some new things. I've talked about that long ago, but the answer I remember from PGI was that they didn't want people learning how to modify the cfg and abuse it.

View PostBud Crue, on 05 June 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

I'm only on the island that Russ marooned me (many of us) on.

Well I'm your ride so get on.

#22 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 June 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

You have heard rumors? Rumors are rumors, and that's all there is to it. If there was a screenshot or something along those lines, believable. I don't mean to slap it down but rumors shouldn't be heeded.

You know, I know there's nothing of good to be talked of PGI right now, and I really don't want to talk about it, but I will because I feel it's right to talk to you all.

PGI starts listening when they lose money? doesn't every company do so?

Nonetheless, community and company should be united in this situation. let players have access to some resources for the game and make some new things. I've talked about that long ago, but the answer I remember from PGI was that they didn't want people learning how to modify the cfg and abuse it.

Well I'm your ride so get on.

You missed the whole point of what was said. It shouldnt get to that point in the first place. That indicates very bad decision making on PGI's part which is pretty much the norm as far as the community is concerned. In business, perception is everything, they dont seem to relise it.

I have respect for you Derek. In another post a while ago I laid a trap for you and you replied perfectly and taking on the role you have in regards to the forums says volumes, considering the job PGI is doing (or not) atm. Kudos.

#23 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,793 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 05 June 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

I blame them.

PGI provide a service/product that some of us utilize for free, and others have spent an obscene amount of $ on. They provide this forum specifically for customers to comment on that service/product. Perhaps you think that forum should be what? Sunshine and lollipops?

No. Ever wait tables? Work retail? Have any type of service job? People are not always pleasant or reasonable, but they are still your customers. Even at their worst, if you want their return business, you respond by saying:

How can I help you?
I am sorry this isn't what you ordered, can I get you something else?
How can we make this right?
Etc.

Even if you think that customer is a total waste of space and you wish they were dead. You at least pretend to care, put on a good show, and try to make it right. What does PGI do in response to ANY comment? They ignore it.

Heading back to the island now. Sorry.

i kind of think pgi is the one on the island. and i actually live on an island (fortunately not the same one).

Edited by LordNothing, 05 June 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#24 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

Pretty sure the game can't be on life support through an indefinite stop to any meaningful Faction content. Re-scale is cool, but again, that's just window dressing covering up the glaring shortage of content.

We all want something like Solaris, but it would be silly to move onto something else without Faction being given a lot of attention.

#25 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 05 June 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Does Bryan Eckman still work for PGI ?

Yes, as far as we know

He was spotted in one of the VLOGs

#26 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

No Bishop, they told us what was comming in the next 3 months. Just because theres next to nothing except for a surprise dont mean they are holding stuff. Also back in igp days, they had nothing to hold back.

He does and i wish he did the talking with the community for announcement and everything else. He was at steam launch for a brief moment on camera.

#27 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 05 June 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

You missed the whole point of what was said. It shouldnt get to that point in the first place. That indicates very bad decision making on PGI's part which is pretty much the norm as far as the community is concerned. In business, perception is everything, they dont seem to relise it.

I have respect for you Derek. In another post a while ago I laid a trap for you and you replied perfectly and taking on the role you have in regards to the forums says volumes, considering the job PGI is doing (or not) atm. Kudos.

I'll admit I'm not good with this stuff sometimes but I'll try to understand if I can. thank for clarifying.

PGI has made poor decisions, in the future I hope they don't make the same one's again.

and a trap you say?

Posted Image

But I will always try to answer to the best of my abilities or decide what's best accordingly.

yeah, I'll make mistakes, I'll mess up, and I'll probably rub some people the wrong way. to them I say sorry, and hope in the future we can get along.

that's why I became a mod, because I like this community and don't like it going to hell and back sometimes. it can't be helped at times, but if it can I'm there to try and stop it from doing so.

#28 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Nature abhors a vacuum. If PGI doesn't fill it, then the Reddiots and such will. And the more yu let the inmates run the asylum...maybe the more they deserve to.

Things happen when the inmates run it...

#29 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 05 June 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Yes, as far as we know

He was spotted in one of the VLOGs

Double secret probation game is a go?

Seriously, I don't even expect an event while this tourney is going.

I'm only strictly showing up for the tourney and related practices, and... playing a different game (POE) becomes GLORIOUS compared to expecting disappointments (one team didn't even show up of the 5 or 6 games that have been played so far).

Edited by Deathlike, 05 June 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#30 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 05 June 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

Pretty sure the game can't be on life support through an indefinite stop to any meaningful Faction content. Re-scale is cool, but again, that's just window dressing covering up the glaring shortage of content.

We all want something like Solaris, but it would be silly to move onto something else without Faction being given a lot of attention.

Re-scaling ... catapult is oversized since 2012
Well we are in 2016 and trust PGI we will have this rescale...
Will it be perfect first shoot ? >>> lol, whatever Posted Image

Oversized mechs was SO OBVIOUS just look at cockpit catapult in mechlab you can put 3 guys behing the windows... and PGI need 4 year for "began" to fix it mouahhahahah okok

Now you wait after solaris i mean you put hope into solaris... ok fine
Look CW or FW 3 years old now and seriously ... its like day one no offence...
Day one release CW was already perfect?
It seem so, now we are in beta 3 but any other compagny would just have renamed it beta 1.5 ( 1.15 look like more close to the truth )

Solaris is of course what we all are waiting for, this "MMO" will become what he deserve >>> 1vs1 "best esport game in world" (lol) at last we will not have to be taken in hostage by this freaking MM and this stupid PSR system ( you are disco all the match your team won your PSR is going UP lol ok ok this joke ) .
Oh and no more crappy map/gamemode voting system.
And no more long waiting time for drive an heavy ( thats why i only drive light or mediums ... )

BUT BUT this game, solaris or not, will still be the same....
Same huges weakness as core mechaniks and all others issues,bugs or simply failures and same huge lone advantage ( be the only one current game in BATTLETECH universe ) + awesome mechs redesign by alex
GG alex you carried the compagny.

One thing to keep in mind >>>
Solaris will be the last cartridge of PGI about this game for repopulate it or make it a bit popular:
- no more "new CW "awesome" game mode cartridge,
- no more " huge steam worldwide release " cartridge
- and no more " best esport in the world " troll/joke blank cartridge

Mighty Solaris gamemode will be the last troll of this compagny about this game before everything shutdown after most of us leave this...

Also dont be too hasty PGI, try to release something not alpha prestage for your last move TY.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 05 June 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 June 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

The community lost it in 2013, and we allow ourselves to keep this way, some of us still are angry at PGI no matter what so you can't change that.

No. No it didn't. While the community may have overreacted, IGP/PGI absolutely DID push the community to the breaking point with their incompetent handling of everything from the game itself to public relations. THAT is the non rose colored glasses, not Reddiot truth.

And that is exactly what PGI simply cannot afford to allow to fester again.

Is some off this on us? Yes. Secret though? It's a customers market. We have way to many other toys to distract ourselves for PGI to be able to expect people to just put up with it. Heck with a new Btech game on the horizon they even have that working AGAINST them in this.

The customer is not always right. But in this day and age you realyl can't afford to alienate them, regardless.

he might have gotten voted off the island........ Posted Image

View PostBud Crue, on 05 June 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

I'm only on the island that Russ marooned me (many of us) on.

well, my island has sun, surf, fresh pineapples and coconuts and lots of fish. Island living actually agrees with me.

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 05 June 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

......... um.... ok?

BTW, yes, I am happy we are getting the rescale, but let's face it, that is simply the result of something that was put into effect long before the last 3 months of WTF? occurred.

#32 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 05 June 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

No Bishop, they told us what was comming in the next 3 months. Just because theres next to nothing except for a surprise dont mean they are holding stuff. Also back in igp days, they had nothing to hold back.

He does and i wish he did the talking with the community for announcement and everything else. He was at steam launch for a brief moment on camera.

He gave the presentation for CW at the launch party...he is probably so embarrassed by that after what we actually got that he went into hiding. Not to mention 3+ years later phase 3 didn't bring anything to it to warrant playing it.

PGI owns all the blame and when things get toxic they can't handle it like cowards...just shows their true colors. Can't even use their forums to communicate like any other game does. The Devs of Crowfall are responding to damn near every post asking specific and even open ended questions daily from mild concerns to harsh criticisms. PGI needed to actually act like they cared but I give them props for keeping it real. I am glad they told us where our place is instead of giving us lip service.

Until enough people close the purse strings PGI will continue to do nothing in the best interest of the player base.

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 05 June 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#33 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

I don't know about any of this...

....what I do know is that I really don't care as much as I used to about this game. I find it strange that I'm peeking my head in here and on Steam in the scant hopes of finding *something* to stir the giant stompy robot fire in my belly, but unfortunately, I just haven't seen anything.

I didn't purchase the Night Gyr, and I'm seriously thinking about asking for refunds on the Viper, Cyclops and Phoenix Hawk, because I really don't see myself playing much (if at all) after those are released except for any special events they may have between now and then.

...maybe I'm just bored. maybe there's a bit of burnout... maybe I'm come to the conclusion that 12v12 TDM (commonly called Quick Play) is boring and the changes that have been done to FW (which I have enjoyed) has made it all but impossible for me to get a match because of the abysmal population.

...I just don't know what I'm wanting to do right now...

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 05 June 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

I don't know about any of this...

....what I do know is that I really don't care as much as I used to about this game. I find it strange that I'm peeking my head in here and on Steam in the scant hopes of finding *something* to stir the giant stompy robot fire in my belly, but unfortunately, I just haven't seen anything.

I didn't purchase the Night Gyr, and I'm seriously thinking about asking for refunds on the Viper, Cyclops and Phoenix Hawk, because I really don't see myself playing much (if at all) after those are released except for any special events they may have between now and then.

...maybe I'm just bored. maybe there's a bit of burnout... maybe I'm come to the conclusion that 12v12 TDM (commonly called Quick Play) is boring and the changes that have been done to FW (which I have enjoyed) has made it all but impossible for me to get a match because of the abysmal population.

...I just don't know what I'm wanting to do right now...

that's the thing.

Take me...one of the foremost labeled white knights and whales in MWO history. Absolute absurd fanatic of all things Batletech/Mechwarrior IP.

And I barely care enough to log in and fire up the client because the game has been stuck in the same low skill cap, low ttk, vanilla build/gamemode rut for way too long.

IDK..maybe I overestimate my own worth, but when one of your biggest fanbois goes "meh"? Probably not a great sign for how well things are going, overall. *shrugs*

#35 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

atm not too concerned so long as it picks up again soon. We have had some recent communication albeit less than some would like. I've never been one to want constant attention/info so I don't mind some quiet spots now and then. There is a fair bit going on so I'm just hopeful that Russ is mostly distracted with trying to make the tourney thing work and the big June patch.

With luck we'll start hearing more again soon and I expected Russ to kinda withdraw for a bit after people blew his feedback comments out of proportion.

#36 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

that's the thing.

Take me...one of the foremost labeled white knights and whales in MWO history. Absolute absurd fanatic of all things Batletech/Mechwarrior IP.

And I barely care enough to log in and fire up the client because the game has been stuck in the same low skill cap, low ttk, vanilla build/gamemode rut for way too long.

IDK..maybe I overestimate my own worth, but when one of your biggest fanbois goes "meh"? Probably not a great sign for how well things are going, overall. *shrugs*

It doesn't help that some new releases (such as Overwatch) would do an amazing job of destroying the population here, just because it's new and shiny.

Regarding everything else, I wouldn't say that's an overestimation of your worth...but it certainly is disheartening when you don't care about a particular thing as much as you used to, and it certainly is a bad sign when you have fanboys deciding that they just don't care that much anymore.

#37 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

Don't care about this much either.

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 05 June 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

Don't care about this much either.

Your need to post says otherwise

#39 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 05 June 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

It doesn't help that some new releases (such as Overwatch) would do an amazing job of destroying the population here, just because it's new and shiny.

Regarding everything else, I wouldn't say that's an overestimation of your worth...but it certainly is disheartening when you don't care about a particular thing as much as you used to, and it certainly is a bad sign when you have fanboys deciding that they just don't care that much anymore.

Overwatch is big that is for sure but most reviews are calling it pretty good also, not just the paid review publications but I am talking actual player reviews. As far as FPSer goes it is just another game that does what MWO does only better. Which, I could have sworn, wasn't what MWO was supposed be.

#40 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:25 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 05 June 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Overwatch is big that is for sure but most reviews are calling it pretty good also, not just the paid review publications but I am talking actual player reviews. As far as FPSer goes it is just another game that does what MWO does only better. Which, I could have sworn, wasn't what MWO was supposed be.

Oh, there is no doubt in my mind that Overwatch is good. Blizzard tends to put sufficient time, effort and love into any of their projects that even with minimal marketing, they will do well just on word-of-mouth alone.

However, I won't touch it, mostly because I can't stand FPS games as a general thing. The only reason why I have stuck around MWO for as long as I have is because the issues I have with FPS games (limited view arc, camera placement and the like) don't really exist in MWO... or any game where you're piloting something.

With regard to MWO being a shooter when it wasn't supposed to be... well, I don't know. I have taken the view that MWO was, at its core, a fairly standard (and basic) FPS. The differences between it and pretty much any other basic shooter is the ability to tweak/customize your toon/avatar/character/giant robot in such a way that no other FPS allowed. But that's just how I see things however...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users