The Main Two Reasons Why I Will Not Invest Money In The Game.

125 replies to this topic

#121 BaconTWOfourACTUAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

I think one of the issues is CW itself. You have little choice but to spend real money if you wish to participate (drop deck purposes)

If they could merge an MMO (DAoC) style of PvP... that would be interesting.
But it would require joining a faction to even begin the game. Choose your "House/Allegiance" go forth from there, allowing you to participate in a 1 mech drop deck skirmish, 2 mech drop deck for scouting missions or a 4 mech drop deck for full on assault/defense...

That way everyone can participate in CW, adding life to it... rather than people like me, who sit on the sidelines waiting to acquire enough CBills to buy one Heavy mech at a time, so I can maximize my tonnage.

It would almost blend QP and CW.

#122 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

The Phoenix Pack comes out this week, dude!!! Just $85.00 USD. Awesome value!

#123 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostSteamCharts Kerensky, on 16 June 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

The Phoenix Pack comes out this week, dude!!! Just $85.00 USD. Awesome value!

The standard pack was a value for me, then again, I didnt buy it but instead I was gifted it so...

#124 jonfett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 355 posts
  • LocationSitting on a NaCl mountain in a place called Puglandia

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

I bought the Collector's Edition PHawk during the preorder bonus timeframe. I've since contacted support and had it removed from my account and gotten a refund. I have so many mechs that I still have to master, as well as have spent more money on this game than any other single title out there. I even still have a year of premium time to use up. I know this is a niche product, and more compares to Train Simulator, Marvel Heroes or even Rise of Flight. Basically, mechs are DLC. But, the base game and mechanics are so limiting; it's a struggle to keep my interest...

#125 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:18 PM

Gotta spend some c-bills to make dat c-bills - baby.

#126 Dingo Battler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

I played both too, and I dislike the warframe community. Its too cheap, and grindy, so you get many 12 year olds on the game. There are good people there, but the majority are leechers, people who scam keyshares and trolls. The MWO community is far angrier, but the playbase is far older, and the paywall makes it even older. Even teamwork is far better.

MWO is almost a you pay for what you want to use, rather than a grind game. There is nothing to grind to. You can instantly get the perfect mech you want if you buy a mechpack. Many people use cbills to merely buy weapons, modules and equipment. If you don't drop in a perfect mech, you'll stay low tier.

I believe that money isn't the issue. The problem is that PGI hasn't put out any fresh content despite us throwing heaps of money at them. We're older and have more disposable incomes, but we wren't stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users