The Main Two Reasons Why I Will Not Invest Money In The Game.

125 replies to this topic

#81 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 13 June 2016 - 04:58 AM, said:

Best part is, is that even if you don't buy anything, the game rewards you with in game currency, so that the more you play, the more big stompy robots you can buy! Can you believe this?!

Now what were you saying about the grind?

Quite the sarcasm, which is sad because this game does need to be kinder to new players, when was the last event we had that gave away mechbays? The amount of free mechbays they have been giving away doesn't even come close to the amount of mechs they have been releasing (and they don't give new accounts more than 4 mechbays), which to me is a problem and just one of many issues with this game. Another would be the artificial costs, if equipment is meant to be balanced against each other, why do they cost different, because lore isn't a good enough reason to harm potential customization just as a c-bill sink. Then there is the fact upgrades aren't remember, so going back and forth between build to incentivize to buy a new copy of the mech is unrealistic for most players, it just makes them dislike your game even more.

#82 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:02 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 13 June 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

This game may have problems but the grind is so far away from being a problem. Playing the same amount as the games it takes a yea to get into top form it takes 3 weeks for this game.

That is just flat out wrong.

#83 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 13 June 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

That is just flat out wrong.

No its not. How long does it take to get top tanks in world of tanks? How long for war thunder planes? How long for Archage pvp ready?(Two years)

Your wrong and this topic is wrong.

On top of this topic being WRONG, in the other games relying on tiers and lvls the player HAS NO CHOICE in plane/tank/armor they will be <FORCED> to use on the way up to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game didn't tier its content. A player can be top pvp ready in 3 weeks easily.

This game does lack "new player experience" content but that's has nothing to do with "grind".

Edited by Johnny Z, 13 June 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#84 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 12 June 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

By the way I'm laughing at the guy logged in named "The Lobsters" because that what all the characters in Warframe look like a bit. Posted Image

Am I arguing with a Warframe guild called " The Lobsters"? Posted Image

I've played against The Lobsters here and there.

It makes my day every time i see "Player X was killed by The Lobsters."

#85 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 13 June 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

No its not. How long does it take to get top tanks in world of tanks? How long for war thunder planes? How long for Archage pvp ready?(Two years)

Your wrong and this topic is wrong.

If you think it takes 3 weeks for you to have everything you need in this game, then you are out of touch with how long it takes new players to get the equipment they need (and mostly the stuff they need unlocked). I also don't really care about WoT because the structure in those games is a bit incomparable (tiers being the biggest). With the way this game is balanced is shares more in common with MOBAs than it does WoT with its tiers.

#86 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 13 June 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

If you think it takes 3 weeks for you to have everything you need in this game, then you are out of touch with how long it takes new players to get the equipment they need (and mostly the stuff they need unlocked). I also don't really care about WoT because the structure in those games is a bit incomparable (tiers being the biggest). With the way this game is balanced is shares more in common with MOBAs than it does WoT with its tiers.

No its not. This game is exactly like World of Tanks or War Thunder. EXACTLY. Except it didn't tier its content and I hope it never does because that's cheap cheap cheap. A bit dirty to. It smells to. Like garbage.

I hope some day this game will be more than that but that's another topic entirely.

Edited by Johnny Z, 13 June 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#87 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 13 June 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

EXACTLY. Except it didn't tier its content

Contradicting yourself that fast huh?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 13 June 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#88 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:16 AM

View PostEscef, on 12 June 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

A lot of the awards focus on sticking close to allies. Protected mech, protecting mech, savior kills (huge bonuses for that one), component destruction, etc.

Savior kills are gotten by damaging a mech within a few seconds of it dying and if during that period they dealt structural damage to a friendly; easier to get by working with the group. 7,500 c-bills each.

Component destructions are worth 4,000 c-bills each. Take a leg? 4k c-bills. Take 2 legs? Target is dead and you got 2 component destructions. Take a side torso? Usually good for 2 component destructions (the torso and the arm attached to it).

^Why I tend to make more Cbills in Lights than in Heavies/Assaults.

Lights/Mediums are more likely to get Scouting, Spotting Assist, and Hit and Run bonuses, and get Protection Proximity and Protected Light like nobody's business.

View PostNaduk, on 12 June 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

Dear op

You are not focused on the right things if all you want is stuff

If you simply must have something right away , you drop coin
But otherwise just enjoy the game, you are here to fight
Getting stuff is what you get for fighting well

So if you're a struggling one man merc corp or a house funded super power
The one who wins is the better pilot

If you don't want to spend, don't
It's awesome that you have the choice
Enjoy the game and build up a collection of stuff over time

If that's not OK with you , there are plenty of other games that give out participation trophies for showing up

OP: I at least agree that the grind is a bit excessive, but honestly you shouldn't play this game for the grind. Probably shouldn't play any game for the grind really, but this one in particular...just isn't worth it.

I hate to repeat what everyone else is saying, but yeah, buy a $40 mech pack (with the +30% Cbills and the 60 days PT) and by the time you finish mastering those 'mechs you'll have enough to buy your next set.

Seriously, when I focus on playing one or two mechs, or on perfecting my Scouting technique, or drop a bunch of games in CW, I look and suddenly I can afford a new EBJ or smtg. Focus on gameplay and the grind just sort of happens.

#89 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:21 AM

The OP has the most extensive troll post I have ever almost read here.
Try grinding out something in a few other mmo's out there.
MWO is not that bad at all.

#90 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

I must ask this of the people who are complaining that the prices are too high and the grind is brutal here in MechWarrior: Online... exactly what games are you comparing this to when you make those assertions? My free to play experience is limited to MechWarrior: Online, War Thunder, World of Tanks and World of Warships. If there is some utopia gaming experience out there that offers in-game content for 1/2 the price of those games, maybe I should be experiencing them. A free to play game that gets me into end game content in less than a month? I'm all over that. Tell us what you know, dammit.

#91 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 13 June 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

I think every player wants story/lore/atmosphere to be added to the game at some point and is expecting it.

I think the lore we have is to a degree all the lore we are ever going to get.
I think PGI takes the view that, they have already added lore by commissioning the little stories that accompany new hero mechs. To their point of view: "You nerds want lore? Fine. We hired a guy to pen a story related to the greater BT universe and it is associated with in game content. Lore achieved. Now please stop asking for lore to be added."

For historical precedent see requests of: "we want CW to matter" "we want immersion" "we want the map to be interactive". From their perspective PGI has given us all of these things: Scouting affects invasion: thus interaction. Tagging a planet nets some MC: thus, taking planets "matters" and the map is interactive to boot (also if you pretend really hard that MC is a PGI equivalence to another oft requested feature of "we want repair and rearm").

So yeah. We have all the lore we are ever going to get, because I really believe that the Dev's consider that particular feature of the game to already be done. Just like we have so many other oft requested features, at least from what I believe to be PGI's point of view. Maybe someday they will prove me wrong, and as a mater of reality -and not just their minimalist perspective- they will add any/all of the features I cite above; but until then I will pretend that they are part of the game.

#92 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostEscef, on 13 June 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

You, uh... um... You know you can swap/buy body locations from other mechs of that chassis to customize your hardpoints, right? For example, my Timber Wolf Prime has 4 missile hardpoints and jump jets.

Which is also why I don't bother. Because I'll end up spending a boatload of C-Bills turning it into the TBR-Prime when I already have one.

#93 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostRed Shrike, on 13 June 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Which is also why I don't bother. Because I'll end up spending a boatload of C-Bills turning it into the TBR-Prime when I already have one.

Have you considered the possibility of running them all different?

My Timby Prime is 4xERML, 2xLRM10, 2xLRM5, Active Probe, TC2, 2 jets, 5.5 tons ammo, 460 armor, +6 heat sinks. (D and S side torsos)

My TImby C is actually a pure Timby C mech. UAC20 (4.5 tons ammo), 2xMPL, 2xSSRM4 (1.5 tons ammo), Active Probe, 441 armor, +1 heat sink.

My Timby S is 4xERML, 4xSRM4 (3 tons ammo), UAC5 (2 tons ammo), TC1, 3 jets, 441 armor, +4 heat sinks. (D right torso and Prime left arm)

There is seriously no reason why you can't build them different from each other.

Edited by Escef, 13 June 2016 - 07:34 AM.

#94 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 13 June 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Quite the sarcasm, which is sad because this game does need to be kinder to new players, when was the last event we had that gave away mechbays? The amount of free mechbays they have been giving away doesn't even come close to the amount of mechs they have been releasing (and they don't give new accounts more than 4 mechbays), which to me is a problem and just one of many issues with this game. Another would be the artificial costs, if equipment is meant to be balanced against each other, why do they cost different, because lore isn't a good enough reason to harm potential customization just as a c-bill sink. Then there is the fact upgrades aren't remember, so going back and forth between build to incentivize to buy a new copy of the mech is unrealistic for most players, it just makes them dislike your game even more.

Yes. Sarcastic indeed. But the game is free, and the so called "grind" is the game.
Buying more mechs and mastering them, is all there is. If you do that by faction hoping, etc. to get more mech bays (I believe Taragoto had a post on this, I think he said it is possible to get something like 60 mech bays doing this) and c-bills or blowing cash to buy packs makes no difference. The game doesn't suddenly change once you have more stuff regardless of how you acquired it.

#95 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostEscef, on 13 June 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

Have you considered the possibility of running them all different?

My Timby Prime is 4xERML, 2xLRM10, 2xLRM5, Active Probe, TC2, 2 jets, 5.5 tons ammo, 460 armor, +6 heat sinks. (D and S side torsos)

My TImby C is actually a pure Timby C mech. UAC20 (4.5 tons ammo), 2xMPL, 2xSSRM4 (1.5 tons ammo), Active Probe, 441 armor, +1 heat sink.

My Timby S is 4xERML, 4xSRM4 (3 tons ammo), UAC5 (2 tons ammo), TC1, 3 jets, 441 armor, +4 heat sinks. (D right torso and Prime left arm)

There is seriously no reason why you can't build them different from each other.

Note to self ; leg check Timbys more often.

OP, try Warframe, come back here and tell me the grind is bad in MWO.

#96 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 13 June 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

Yes. Sarcastic indeed. But the game is free, and the so called "grind" is the game.

Ideally, the "grind" is long enough that it keeps people feeling like they are achieving something, but short enough that they are actually unlocking stuff at a pace that keeps them engaged, this grind can often halt because of mechbays, buy 3 to master 1 requirement, and simple expenses to get extras like modules on a mech (the GXP it takes to get all modules unlocked is as insane as the C-Bills it costs).

View PostBud Crue, on 13 June 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

If you do that by faction hoping, etc. to get more mech bays

So go to the place that is probably the worst place for new players (and has the smallest queue)? I get Taragoto is a free player and knows how to stock mechbays, but I dont think the system can't be improved to more beneficial.

#97 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 13 June 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Note to self ; leg check Timbys more often.

Still more than 50 armor per leg. Hacking through a side torso is about as fast.

#98 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 13 June 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

OP, try Warframe, come back here and tell me the grind is bad in MWO.

I'm pretty sure that is the game he mentioned he played 2000+ hours on, maybe you meant another game, or just didn't read the OP?

#99 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 13 June 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

but I dont think the system can't be improved to more beneficial.

Certainly no debate there. I just don't think "the grind" is that bad.

#100 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 13 June 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that is the game he mentioned he played 2000+ hours on, maybe you meant another game, or just didn't read the OP?

Ehh, not enough Javajuice yet. Comparing Warframes RNG loot grind system with MWO's cbill system is insane. At least in MWO players know exactly what they are going to get and can estimate how long it will take to get there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users