#121 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

View PostOdanan, on 15 June 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Hey, you told me that Assassin was our personal secret! Don't tell everybody...

I wanna see... :(

#122 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

Bumping for great need

#123 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 June 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

Bumping for great need

Here's hoping

#124 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:19 PM

Was hoping for this but PXH was announced instead. I still look forward to it but as a man walker, it's going to be pretty big if the rescale is any indication. Hopefully that doesn't hinder it like the PXH. This game needs more 40t mechs.

#125 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

View PostVashramire, on 30 June 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Was hoping for this but PXH was announced instead. I still look forward to it but as a man walker, it's going to be pretty big if the rescale is any indication. Hopefully that doesn't hinder it like the PXH. This game needs more 40t mechs.

true.

I expect it to be in some ways like a mix between a Spider and a HBK, geometry wise. And right in between in size.

#126 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:17 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 June 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

true.

I expect it to be in some ways like a mix between a Spider and a HBK, geometry wise. And right in between in size.

If they keep the legs thin then it will likely be taller than the HBK because HBK dedicated a lot of volume to the tumor. Chunky lower arms may or may not be a boon. Probably more a mix of a Spider and Enforcer. Either way it will look huge compared to the Cicada like the Enforcer does to the Crab.

#127 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:48 AM

I would rather see hoplite or gladiator tbh.

I just dont have a ***** for semi lights 40 tonners.

#128 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostVashramire, on 01 July 2016 - 05:17 AM, said:

If they keep the legs thin then it will likely be taller than the HBK because HBK dedicated a lot of volume to the tumor. Chunky lower arms may or may not be a boon. Probably more a mix of a Spider and Enforcer. Either way it will look huge compared to the Cicada like the Enforcer does to the Crab.

was referring to the compact nature of the HBKs upper body

View Postdavoodoo, on 01 July 2016 - 05:48 AM, said:

I would rather see hoplite or gladiator tbh.

I just dont have a ***** for semi lights 40 tonners.

Hoplite...yes because slow and underarmed is always preferable.

#129 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 July 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Hoplite...yes because slow and underarmed is always preferable.

Its a 55 tonner, slap bigger engine, endo steel, upgrade to dhs. At worst possibility it will be 55 ton centurion with ac20 and srm + maybe some lasers, while it can be relatively small compact box with good hitboxes(though lacking shield arms) carrying heavy ballistics, potential for either brawler or sniper.

What really matters in mwo is placement of hardpoints, their numbers and quirks, not stock configuration based on outdated technology.

But then hey, 1 mlas, 1 lrm5 and 1srm2 isnt impressive weaponry either, even compared to locust 1e with 6 mlas.

Edited by davoodoo, 01 July 2016 - 08:49 AM.

#130 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 01 July 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

Its a 55 tonner, slap bigger engine, endo steel, upgrade to dhs. At worst possibility it will be 55 ton centurion with ac20 and srm + maybe some lasers, while it can be relatively small compact box with good hitboxes(though lacking shield arms) carrying heavy ballistics, potential for either brawler or sniper.

What really matters in mwo is placement of hardpoints, their numbers and quirks, not stock configuration based on outdated technology.

But then hey, 1 mlas, 1 lrm5 and 1srm2 isnt impressive weaponry either, even compared to locust 1e with 6 mlas.

120 kph base speed, JJs kinda gives it a usefulness all it's own.

#131 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 July 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

120 kph base speed, JJs kinda gives it a usefulness all it's own.

Phoenix hawk, 97kph base, heavier weaponry, jjs...
Youll replace engine the second you get it, slap on some endo and dhs and replace weaponry anyway. I dont expect max engine to be bigger than 350 which will probably make it taller cicada which sacrificed weaponry for jjs or simply 5 ton lighter phoenix.

And then remember it needs to be competition for viper.which despite limited pod tonnage still carries more firepower than stock assasin.

Edited by davoodoo, 01 July 2016 - 09:59 AM.

#132 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 01 July 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Phoenix hawk, 97kph base, heavier weaponry, jjs...
Youll replace engine the second you get it, slap on some endo and dhs and replace weaponry anyway. I dont expect max engine to be bigger than 350 which will probably make it taller cicada which sacrificed weaponry for jjs or simply 5 ton lighter phoenix.

And then remember it needs to be competition for viper.which despite limited pod tonnage still carries more firepower than stock assasin.

97 still less than 120,I believe?

Yup?

OK then.

You want a Hoplite, go and campaign for it. By making your own Hoplite thread.

#133 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

Personally, I don't much care about the Assassin one way or another. Really, at this point in the game, unless we're talking about Light mechs, most Mediums, Heavies, and Assaults are just the same mechs that we have but with a different art. How much different is the Assassin from the Jenner or Phoenix Hawk? Yes, 5 tons different and, as such, a different mech. I would just rather the game go in a better direction than adding in more mechs that are just slightly different from what we already have. Call me crazy.

#134 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 01 July 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Personally, I don't much care about the Assassin one way or another. Really, at this point in the game, unless we're talking about Light mechs, most Mediums, Heavies, and Assaults are just the same mechs that we have but with a different art. How much different is the Assassin from the Jenner or Phoenix Hawk? Yes, 5 tons different and, as such, a different mech. I would just rather the game go in a better direction than adding in more mechs that are just slightly different from what we already have. Call me crazy.

without mech packs to fund the game, it goes in no direction at all. So call me crazy.

Also, totally different mechs. Yes, it's lighter, it's also faster, jumpier, and a missile/laser carrier as the OP points out. Most likely around 6 hardpoints, and a fast humanoid jumping oxide will play very different from a PXH.

Mech packs are a reality.

#135 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:29 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 July 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

without mech packs to fund the game, it goes in no direction at all. So call me crazy.

Also, totally different mechs. Yes, it's lighter, it's also faster, jumpier, and a missile/laser carrier as the OP points out. Most likely around 6 hardpoints, and a fast humanoid jumping oxide will play very different from a PXH.

Mech packs are a reality.

Bishop, I get that. Your point and intended points haven't been lost on me. Yay - more mechs! That means more money for PGI and all of that. My counter question, though, is what is the point of all of that if there isn't anything to do? World of Tanks is about a million times more boring than MW:O has ever been and yet, here I am, playing WoT just to break the boredom. I'm all for new mechs and I hope that this stuff makes folk happy. But, in the long run, if the game fails because it is way too freaking vanilla, and it is, what will all of those new mechs have done for us?

I don't know, I'm feeling really jaded today. Crap day at work, 3 hours of WoT that just pissed me off in a game wher eyou apparently suck for playing SPGs, etc. etc. The Traug needs a reset.

#136 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 01 July 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Bishop, I get that. Your point and intended points haven't been lost on me. Yay - more mechs! That means more money for PGI and all of that. My counter question, though, is what is the point of all of that if there isn't anything to do? World of Tanks is about a million times more boring than MW:O has ever been and yet, here I am, playing WoT just to break the boredom. I'm all for new mechs and I hope that this stuff makes folk happy. But, in the long run, if the game fails because it is way too freaking vanilla, and it is, what will all of those new mechs have done for us?

I don't know, I'm feeling really jaded today. Crap day at work, 3 hours of WoT that just pissed me off in a game wher eyou apparently suck for playing SPGs, etc. etc. The Traug needs a reset.

no, I get what you are saying. We DO need more actual content. That's just not what this thread is about it. *shrugs*

Jaded? Yeah, well, I'm playing WoWs now, for a reason... (my brief fling with WoT is over already, as I knew it would be, though I would still probably log into that before MWO, atm)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 01 July 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#137 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 July 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

Most likely around 6 hardpoints, and a fast humanoid jumping oxide will play very different from a PXH.

My ROC would like to have a word with you. =P

#138 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:41 PM

View PostVashramire, on 01 July 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

My ROC would like to have a word with you. =P

I have a Roc. Unlikely to be remotely similar

#139 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 July 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

I have a Roc. Unlikely to be remotely similar

I don't know about that. Give or take a hardpoint they will be about the same size, and if you put them both at ~120kph without speedtweak you have 13-14 tons to play with on both. IS missiles take up a lot of weight so it will be just as tight a build. If it comes with enough laser hardpoints to boat enough mediums to be threatening, as opposed to the ROC's 3 energy that forces larger lasers, then it can run a bit hot. Both would go the same speed and have JJ's so I think the similarities are pretty close. I'm not saying it's identical but there are enough parallels that messing around in mechlab we can get an estimate of its loadout capabilities and speed with specific engines leaving the only mystery to be the physical model, geometry, and hitboxes. I could be wrong but I don't think there is anything that is going to make it drastically different.

37 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users