rescale

88 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

• Reveal the spoiler to display the New scale of your chosen 'Mech.
  • Hover your mouse over the image to show the Original scale for comparison.
  • 'Mechs that are not listed here have not been changed from their existing scale.

**We strongly recommend that you allow this page to fully load before revealing the images, to ensure the image rollovers work correctly.**

IS ASSAULT 'MECHS

Atlas

Awesome

Banshee

Battlemaster

Highlander

King Crab

Mauler

Stalker

Zeus

#2 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

No rescale for Victor ??? Well, this is really unexpected: he always felt too huge for his weightclass. Do you plan to rescale him later? And a shrunk for a Battlemaster???? Are you sure we are from the same reality? He will definetely be THE MOST dangerous assault on the battlefield. Probably WAY TOO dangerous.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 17 June 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

Good call on the Awesome!

I'm actually surprised by how little the King Crab changed. LOL

I think the Mauler could have used the elongation that the Awesome got. It was already a good size, especially since it's already pretty broad on the front

Stalker reduction is nice. hopefully it has a new walking animation to boot.. lol

I'm sad the Zeus got bigger, but it was pretty small.

Overall: I'm happy with these.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 17 June 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#4 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 17 June 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Good call on the Awesome!

I'm actually surprised by how little the King Crab changed. LOL

I was REALLY hoping it would get its true right arm back though. Posted Image

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

View PostNathan K, on 17 June 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

I was REALLY hoping it would get its true right arm back though. Posted Image

Yeah, me too.... But the PPC barrel got longer... so that's good, right?

#6 Voq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

Dammit. There goes the viability of my Zeus... it was already pretty risky to roll in, but being small at least gave it a bit of effectiveness.

Now it looks like it's going to drop way too easily to be playable.

#7 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Wait, what's changed with the KGC? (lol, almost typed in KFC)

I don't see anything different size-wise o.O

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

Beside most Assaults getting bigger, I don't know why the Zeus needed to be scaled up. If anything, the Awesome needed to be scaled down towards the Zeus's level.

The Battlemaster and Stalker will still be hill humping everything though... which literally defines PGI's sense of scale (Stalker is arguably already "small" for an Assault, so shrinking it makes even less sense).

This deserves a facepalm.

#9 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

You all are forgetting that quirks may change too. No need to panic first. Wait and see what the quirks look like, I am sure there will be some sort of adjustments that way. Overall, these changes are good.

Edit: Quirk Link

Edited by Wolf Clearwater, 17 June 2016 - 06:05 PM.

#10 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

tap tap tap .... PGI missed the Victor....

#11 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

Victor? surely it needed the resize more than the others?

#12 avenger cannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

Every one of my Resistance II mechs got enlarged :c

#13 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

RIP Zeus

#14 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

whats this new mech? the awesome ?? I dont recognize it. but it is very very SEXY

#15 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Depressing. The only 80-ton IS mech that wasn't grossly oversized (Zeus) was made grossly oversized. Meanwhile, the best hill-humpers in the game on the IS side (Battlemaster and Stalker) got smaller, because that makes sense.

Honestly, it ticks me off. I wasted plenty of time mastering Zeus's because I wanted a decent 80-ton IS mech that wasn't an easily killed target, so PGI makes the Zeus into an easily killed target. Meanwhile, the 85-ton IS mechs, which felt like "easy mode" for hill-humping, are improved by this change. I guess the lesson here is just buy the meta-mechs and don't try to be creative or different.

At least the Highlander got bigger, since it needed it since it is top tier... Ugh..

The only hope now is that quirks are heavily adjusted to help out the new mechs that are too large to be viable, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

At least the new Awesome looks decent. Too bad it is still has low hardpoints and no ballistic options. Whatever.

Edited by oldradagast, 17 June 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#16 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 17 June 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

Wait, what's changed with the KGC? (lol, almost typed in KFC)

I don't see anything different size-wise o.O

Geometry is bit smoother now, claw-arm angle is bit different. It isn't worse, thats something, but I'm really surprised KGC still didn't get any extra CT structure.

#17 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

I was hoping the Battlemaster would receive some luvin'. As in a proper canopy. Posted Image

View Postoldradagast, on 17 June 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Depressing. The only 80-ton IS mech that wasn't grossly oversized (Zeus) was made grossly oversized. Meanwhile, the best hill-humpers in the game on the IS side (Battlemaster and Stalker) got smaller, because that makes sense.

Honestly, it ticks me off. I wasted plenty of time mastering Zeus's because I wanted a decent 80-ton IS mech that wasn't an easily killed target, so PGI makes the Zeus into an easily killed target. Meanwhile, the 85-ton IS mechs, which felt like "easy mode" for hill-humping, are improved by this change. I guess the lesson here is just buy the meta-mechs and don't try to be creative or different.

At least the Highlander got bigger, since it needed it since it is top tier... Ugh..

The only hope now is that quirks are heavily adjusted to help out the new mechs that are too large to be viable, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

At least the new Awesome looks decent. Too bad it is still has low hardpoints and no ballistic options. Whatever.

So.... you're not in agreement that the Zues was grossly undersized compared to the rest of the mechs??? It was closer to most 70 ton mechs than it was to the 85 ton mechs. Not good. PGI applied the same formula to all the mechs. So.... NOW it is far more accurate in size compared to the other mechs. [redacted]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 08 July 2016 - 04:35 PM.
Insults

#18 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostBigBenn, on 17 June 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

So.... you're not in agreement that the Zues was grossly undersized compared to the rest of the mechs??? It was closer to most 70 ton mechs than it was to the 85 ton mechs. Not good. PGI applied the same formula to all the mechs. So.... NOW it is far more accurate in size compared to the other mechs. I'm sure someday when you mature you'll understand. Posted Image

So... you decide to launch into personal attacks to prove maturity? Looks like you're the one who needs to grow up. Posted Image

As for the rest, I stand by what I said - the Zeus was the only one of the 3 IS 80-ton mechs that wasn't a waddling target with a huge, flat chest and lots of low-mounted weapons. Everyone knows full well the Victor and Awesome, at least from a practical viewpoint, are easily destroyed targets, and nothing more. So, I went with the Zeus because - surprise! - it was at least viable. So much for that - now, all the IS 80-tonner are useless paperweights... and the "underpowered" hill-hugging 85-tonners got smaller. If you can see any wit of logic in that, other than "proper volume = balance" good luck with it.

Oh, and by the way - stop acting as if "they'll get to the other mechs, so we're all wrong." There is zero evidence the mechs not shown here are going to have their scale changed. So, if you're going to pick a childish fight, at least pick one over something where you have some facts to back it up.

Edited by oldradagast, 17 June 2016 - 07:13 PM.

#19 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

People be angry

#20 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

O please show me the Victor. I screwed up and purchased it by mistake. Since then I have put in the time to master it and I have been dying to see this redo. Want to see if they get some structure quirks, invulnerability force fields or auto long range anti-mech missiles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users