• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:20 AM

In my Opinion the rescale was a waste of time

another silly something some dip wit came up with

rear view cameras would have been better and more fun (just thinking of an example of getting something that would make the game better)

they could have saved it for MWO V2.0 or something like that

JMTCW

#762 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:22 AM

View PostGattsus, on 12 October 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

they used a volume rule, but they could have adjusted it a bit...

volume rule for Parts thats by each Mech have different materials ,and Manufacturers ,the Left arm of a Centurion have a other Volume as the Right Arm ...with the Mechlab is a full nonsense, put a Gauss in a Torsoside or 3 Mgs with Ammo, same space ,
other Weight ...

Posted Image

#763 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:46 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 October 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

I weep for Locusts for other reasons, namely that they got nerfed anyway and that my Lynx eats them all too often. It's getting fat and slow.

i had taken a break for +/- 2 month, did they buff the lct 1E again after they nerfed it for the rescale?

i am talking about the +50% turn speed, cant remember it being there before.

i'm having a load of fun in them (they have been 1 of my most loved mechs even from the pre quirk era..) there mobility is insane now, on the other side they have practicaly no weapon quirks, and wile i do have 800+ 7kill games in them i have just as manny games where i get 1 shoted when i run around a corner, ore railguned by a verry competent player with 1 shot (a single good hit means dead ore at the verry least a cherry red torso... )

overall i love to play them but if i want to preforme then i'm (way) better of taking the cheater, ore even better a not light mech...

#764 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 13 October 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

i had taken a break for +/- 2 month, did they buff the lct 1E again after they nerfed it for the rescale?

i am talking about the +50% turn speed, cant remember it being there before.

i'm having a load of fun in them (they have been 1 of my most loved mechs even from the pre quirk era..) there mobility is insane now, on the other side they have practicaly no weapon quirks, and wile i do have 800+ 7kill games in them i have just as manny games where i get 1 shoted when i run around a corner, ore railguned by a verry competent player with 1 shot (a single good hit means dead ore at the verry least a cherry red torso... )

overall i love to play them but if i want to preforme then i'm (way) better of taking the cheater, ore even better a not light mech...

Nope, they haven't buffed it at all. There have been no positive changes to the Locust except for physical size, and the agility is completely unchanged from even before that.

The Locust is still solid, to the point of boring (whooo 2,000 drops), but it's not good, per se.

#765 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:35 AM

Look lets face it PGI uses "balance" as an excuse to wreck and promote mechs. That way the community has incentive to purchase other mechs. For example, you've been playing the Black Knight and it was destroyed by nerf and re-scale you will now buy the Warhammer to replace it. If they didn't, most would find several mech chasis's they like and just play those.

#766 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostGattsus, on 12 October 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

they used a volume rule, but they could have adjusted it a bit...

Volume rule?

Musta had new PGI logic applied to it, cuz a 70t mech isnt going to be twice the size of a 65t mech, meanwhile, a 70t mech isnt going to be as tall as a 100t mech. They shoulda just gone with the TRO mech sizes......Atlas, 15m, warhawk 12.1, Direwolf 12.2, BK is what? maybe 13m. All the mechs woulda gotten smaller.

#767 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:58 AM

Generally I think the re-scale worked well. There are a handful of outliers, like the Catapult, that I feel should not have been changed so drastically, and instead would have done better with some armor/structure quirks.

#768 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 13 October 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

Volume rule?

Musta had new PGI logic applied to it, cuz a 70t mech isnt going to be twice the size of a 65t mech, meanwhile, a 70t mech isnt going to be as tall as a 100t mech. They shoulda just gone with the TRO mech sizes......Atlas, 15m, warhawk 12.1, Direwolf 12.2, BK is what? maybe 13m. All the mechs woulda gotten smaller.

Not Lights. They would have gotten yuuuuge.

#769 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 13 October 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Not Lights. They would have gotten yuuuuge.

LOL, LIGHTS and Catapults are the ONLY mechs in the game currently following the TRO size chart. BOTH of them are the proper size lol.

The Atlas and every other mech is 3-5m taller then it should be.

I watched HBS little previews and images, and dear god, the size of their cockpits, following MWO scale, the cockpits in those mechs are like Efficiency apartments up there, not cramped cockpits...like what we see in game. The King Crab's cockpit window is as wide as a tank is long, the pilot would be like a 12 year old behind the wheel of a Tractor-Trailer....

I mean, look at the size of the pilot vs the cockpit window...and the pilot sits where in there? lol looks very roomy. https://www.google.c...tDvwx0OS1YzM%3A

That mech must be like 60-70 feet tall...even the Atlas is only like 50 feet tall...
MWO is no different. That rescale was a joke......

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 13 October 2016 - 10:16 AM.

#770 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 13 October 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

LOL, LIGHTS and Catapults are the ONLY mechs in the game currently following the TRO size chart. BOTH of them are the proper size lol.

The Atlas and every other mech is 3-5m taller then it should be.

I thought the mist Lynx and such were about as tall as the Dire Wolf?

TRO or not, that would look stupid.

#771 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 13 October 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

I thought the mist Lynx and such were about as tall as the Dire Wolf?

TRO or not, that would look stupid.

Then they could use the TRO, but within reason. Keep Light mechs within 6-8m, Mediums within 7-9m, Heavies 8-10m and Assaults 10-14m like they should be. It would look ALOT better then now....

70t mech as big as a 100tonner, 100 tonners the size of 135t Ares, 85t mechs the size of 100t, 70t Warhammer TOWERING over the 65t Catapult. Believe me, its already pretty stupid looking.......

Lets hope PGI never does make an Ares, it wouldnt fit on ANY of the roads in the game, since an Ares would be the size of a Union Class Dropship....

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 13 October 2016 - 10:41 AM.

#772 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

I don't think it looks weird that Assaults are as big as they are. I think it's weird that everything between Locust and Atlas have such variety in their silhouette impressions. And I'm not referring to a long chicken 'Mech vs. a humanoid one, but just from humanoid to humanoid

#773 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,068 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 13 October 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

Look lets face it PGI uses "balance" as an excuse to wreck and promote mechs. That way the community has incentive to purchase other mechs. For example, you've been playing the Black Knight and it was destroyed by nerf and re-scale you will now buy the Warhammer to replace it. If they didn't, most would find several mech chasis's they like and just play those.

That's one of the reasons I don't buy a lot of mechs. Some I keep and use because of all the good times I've had with them like the catapults and others I keep in storage and pull out when ever I get the whim to play some thing that I normally don't. Since I like lights and Heavies I use them the most but I occasional do Med or Assault just because they play different.

With 74 mechs I have a lot of different variations of the three weapon types we have in game. Clan mechs and most IS just don't catch my attention when I got those other ones to mix and match with.

One mech that came out on top of the re-scale as want-to-play-again is the Catapult A1. It got small as a light and finally remodeled to remove its dam VCR Ears that took a 90+ page thread over two years' time before getting done.

#774 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:54 AM

Well the main issue of scaling is the gain you want to achieve.

For Lore and CBT size doesn't matter that much - it is obvious when you don't have the same scale withing your BattleTech miniatures. My Hollander is much bigger when compared to the Atlas.

lore sizes might similar to those: (MWO Kitfox is sleeker so it get some extra height.

Posted Image
When compared with other MWO Mechs, and Tanks - rule of thumb rather than anything else
Posted Image

However in FPS sizes does matter
The issue is that armor has to scale with size - not as you might think same weight for more area = less armor but bigger size = more armor for the same weight.

That doesn't make any sense from a logical perspective but this is a game.

Size is even more important because your guns are as accurate at 600m as they are on 90m. and to put a >80dmg shot in the same area as a 10 dmg shot is equal simple.

I don't think that size is more important then the layout of the hitboxes. A Dragon could be reduced in size and still it s a huge CT is a liability.

So it is more important to increase the armor for the CT and decrease it for legs or STs. The armor distribution based on accuracy stats is something we should ask for. PGI should have the server data or at least create this data - to give appropriate structure quirks

#775 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

Further proof the rescale is a joke, just look at the sizes of the weapon pods on light mechs. They are that way so they dont look comically SMALL compared to the massively oversized larger mechs.

A Small laser on a Kit Fox looks like a 152mm cannon, while on the 70 foot tall Atlas, it looks normal sized.....

When it should look like a small laser on the Light mech and be comically small on the Atlas.

The smallest caliber in this game is like 152mm. Even the AC2s are to dang big. Put a Gauss Rifle on a Light mech and it looks like its got a MAC cannon on its shoulder. Put SRMS on lights and its like they are walking around with a Locust on the arm...

BY all rights, Light mechs in this game couldnt be able to carry any guns, not and actually stand up. The size and weight would offset the balance of the Gyro, it would just fall over....

Just look at that Autocannon 10 in that Centurion image above...the AC10 on the centurion, its like the size of the Kitfox's CT.

PGI didnt apply any maths or real logic or sense to the rescale, they used some magical spreadsheets and a dartboard...

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 14 October 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#776 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

View Postprocess, on 13 October 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Generally I think the re-scale worked well. There are a handful of outliers, like the Catapult, that I feel should not have been changed so drastically, and instead would have done better with some armor/structure quirks.

The light mech class is garbage except few chassis (at least in T1). Wolfies Panthers etc are basically dead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users