Jenner Chassis

52 replies to this topic

#1 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

Ok well now the oxide is in a place where it is a slightly tanky fast mech but all the other jenners are now trash heap effectively. Is there a chance that PGI could give about 3/4 of the structure buffs to the other Jenners to see if that would alleviate some of the issues?

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:42 PM

I don't have any problem using my jenners to good effect. I have most the jenners including oxide and the clan versions. you can't rambo or face tank with them. Knowing mech weak points and using jump jets helps me stay alive in the jenny. Don't rely on structure buffs or quirks on your mechs.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:53 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 26 June 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

I don't have any problem using my jenners to good effect. I have most the jenners including oxide and the clan versions. you can't rambo or face tank with them. Knowing mech weak points and using jump jets helps me stay alive in the jenny. Don't rely on structure buffs or quirks on your mechs.

what?

You mean Light Mechs need to use tactics to kill Assaults and Heavies now?

IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!!!

#4 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:54 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 26 June 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

Don't rely on structure buffs or quirks on your mechs.
Tell that to the Locust 1V. Some mechs are just weak due to design and need a little help. I do fine in my Jenners as well but that doesn't mean I think they're in a good place. I'd like to see a little CT structure and agility given to all the non-Oxides.

#5 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:58 PM

The main reason I brought it up is that the oxide goes down fairly quick and the new hitboxes make it a less painful experience. The jenners have the same size and it seems like a stiff breeze makes them lose components. I don't think they need god quirks but some extra structure might make them a little sturdier on the battlefield.

#6 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:01 PM

I've seen just one locust 1V since the patch. It died just like how I expected it to. The pilot got cocky and was alpha-ed. Jenner has always needed CT help. I agree it isn't "good" but it certainly isn't "trash pile" worth either. Some people just aren't very good in some mech chassis and only seem to do ok. For me its the assults. I suck with them but in a light I can do ok.

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

Bad news...best thing to do now is avoid being shot in the first place, and avoid playing competent players

Posted Image

Larger torso in every direction, and less effective cover due to being taller

#8 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

2C doesn't fare much better in comparison to it's Spheroid brother

#9 Druarc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 180 posts
  • LocationWellington, NZ

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:35 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 June 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

2C doesn't fare much better in comparison to it's Spheroid brother

Is that vs the old jenner or the new jenner.

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:39 PM

Soon™.

#11 Terona

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

The 1v wasn't me was it? Lol. I been tooling around in locusts and haven't had much trouble being one shot.
Stop standing still?

#12 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostDruarc, on 26 June 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

Is that vs the old jenner or the new jenner.

That is New to New

I guess I should label them...

#13 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

View PostJediPanther, on 26 June 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

I've seen just one locust 1V since the patch. It died just like how I expected it to. The pilot got cocky and was alpha-ed. Jenner has always needed CT help. I agree it isn't "good" but it certainly isn't "trash pile" worth either. Some people just aren't very good in some mech chassis and only seem to do ok. For me its the assults. I suck with them but in a light I can do ok.

You're right, the new Jenners definitely aren't trash at all. The Clans still pack medium firepower and still have the speed. That's my point with the 1V though. It's crazy quirked and still not OP. Without all of it's many very generous quirks, it would be absolutely nothing.

#14 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

I took the opportunity of a double XP weekend along with some free premium time to finally master the remaining light mech variants:

Jenner-K: Meh. Forget about brawling in this one. I wouldn't want to duel even a Locust. The best I could come up with was an old Raven-4X build: 2xLL 2xML for medium range side-poking. Not bad, but Raven does it better.

Locust-3M: Not as durable as the 1V, less alpha than the 1E, draws more aggro than PB.
But the 5xSPL make it a viscous ankle biter. SPLs are very heat efficient and accurate.

IIC Jenner: I don't have those but I have some experience fighting against them. Very easy to hit, but can soak damage with arms and side torsos (something that the IS Jenner is incapable of). When using C-SPLs they are IMHO a lesser threat than a Cheetah, but the SRM bombers can be quite deadly. Able to take you out in one good hit, even when your armor is not even breached.

Spider-5D: 3xMPL XL255 ECM: Surprisingly effective in solo queue. Draws little aggro thanks to ECM.
Tends to loose its arms and legs though.

Spider-5V: 2xMPL XL280 BAP: MPLs fire quick enough, but the poor torso pitch make them awkward to use. No point in jumping if you can't shoot down.

Edited by Kmieciu, 27 June 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#15 Seamus Z Harper

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:19 AM

The Jenner IIC is as big as a Catapult now...GG PGI.

#16 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostSeamus Z Harper, on 27 June 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

Because they both can mount 6xSRM6s :-)

#17 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:17 AM

Jenners don't need structure quirks. They need the maneuverability nerf reversed.

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:28 AM

View PostSeamus Z Harper, on 27 June 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

*rolls eyes*

#19 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

I think it's time that the community started asking for balancing on behalf of all light mechs. Not just the Jenner specifically, or just the Firestarter specifically, or the Wolfhound or whatever else.

Most light mechs are in a bad place right now. PGI needs to make some universal changes to light mechs, not just throw a few structure quirk crumbs to specific variants. I know the players asked for incremental changes instead of nuke nerfing and godlike buffs every other month, but give me a break. It's not like the Commando and the Kit Fox are both teetering on the edge of becoming weapons of mass destruction.

#20 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 June 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

what?

You mean Light Mechs need to use tactics to kill Assaults and Heavies now?

IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!!!

YOu realize that goes both ways right..... Remove the agility from the heavier chassis so they are not dancing ballerina's, hell while your at it why don't you remove the structure quirks from your assault mechs so lights actually have a chance of using said strategy.

The problem with the Jenner is it's the EASIEST to hit CT of any mech and got bigger by 20%. And its mobility reduced significantly.

BTW video shows how the JEnners CT can be hit from 360 degree on the same ish elevation. NO OTHER MECH CAN SAY THAT.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 27 June 2016 - 04:51 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users