#1 Haji1096

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

The rescale combined with nerfing the movement type of the 35-ton lights is complete ****. Changing one or the other on its own might be acceptable, but combined now I'm a much larger target that can't move as well. Add in the new long range meta, and lights are in a bad spot.

Maybe I'm an old, cranky *******, but I don't want to change my playstyle....sniper lights are a waste.

#2 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostHaji1096, on 28 June 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

I don't want to change my playstyle....sniper lights are a waste.

Sums up nicely why I've switched games until if/when they patch this. I can do just as well in a RVN-4X as I could in an Oxide, but I don't want to waste my valuable gaming time doing boring LPL pokes from 500M.

#3 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

You are an old, cranky *******. 35-tonners are fine. If size matters in your playstyle by a Light mech, then your playstyle is wrong.

All mechs are now treated equally. Your personal bias are out of place.

#4 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostHaji1096, on 28 June 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

The rescale combined with nerfing the movement type of the 35-ton lights is complete ****. Changing one or the other on its own might be acceptable, but combined now I'm a much larger target that can't move as well. Add in the new long range meta, and lights are in a bad spot.

Maybe I'm an old, cranky *******, but I don't want to change my playstyle....sniper lights are a waste.

What 35-tonners, beyond the Jenner and Jenner IIC, had their movement type changed? As far as I can see, from PGIs patch notes, only the 2 Jenners and the Spider had their movement type changed in the light category. All the rest stayed the same.

#5 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 28 June 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

What 35-tonners, beyond the Jenner and Jenner IIC, had their movement type changed? As far as I can see, from PGIs patch notes, only the 2 Jenners and the Spider had their movement type changed in the light category. All the rest stayed the same.

Spiders got nerfed????

WHY? Was it the OP 3MPL???

#6 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

what lights need, for most of them, is acceleration and deceleration quirks as well as torso twist rates to help make lights do what lights should do, go and maneuver fast. This lends itself to every play style with a light 'mech, and helps people who want to use their speed to make them hard to hit actually able to do this again. Want to run around enemy mechs? Zig Zag and have minimal velocity loss while being hard to hit, want to peak and poke? This helps a lot too, brawling other lights? Makes it more about the pilot and load out than the geometry (though the Jenner needs some hitbox help).

I mean on Tabletop the thing that kept lights usable was the ability to walk a long distance that gave them a huge amount of defense due to difficulty to hit such a fast target while for them it was just walking so they could still easily hit an enemy while not taking much return fire. So really a stationary light mech is a dead light mech, and that is when I see most lights (many locusts) drop dead due, decreasing the time it takes to change direction limits that window, but, it never removes it (and we don't want to remove it, because skill has to still exist somewhere).

#7 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 28 June 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

Spiders got nerfed????

WHY? Was it the OP 3MPL???

Went from tiny to light... With their size normalization to 30 tons, their movement archetype got moved to coincide with other lights at the top end of the weight set.

#8 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostDivineEvil, on 28 June 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

You are an old, cranky *******. 35-tonners are fine. If size matters in your playstyle by a Light mech, then your playstyle is wrong.

........ Size and maneuverability are all most lights have dude. Some have firepower, some have speed and none have armor. What else are we supposed to rely on?

#9 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

If that were true then most of the lights (and some other mechs) would have got some positives in the last patch. Pre-patch most lights weren't all that good, but come patch time a bunch were nerfed. And some lights were nerfed twice or even thrice, but yet no positives were added to them.

#10 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 28 June 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

But you see, that's exactly why. They can't run through teams and spam SRMs like crazy without worry. Skill is actually involved and they can't just kamikaze their mechs without fear of actually dying.

#11 Tru3insanity

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

I dont feel as bad for the jenners as I do the firestarters and wolfhounds and panthers. Those guys are huuuuuuge now. Im a firm believer that relative sizes are very important. It affects not only how survivable you are but also how easy it is to go unnoticed in the first place.

When a firestarter is barely smaller than a centurion despite being 15 tons lighter and it has pretty much no quirks, far less armor and is barely faster than why bring a firestarter over a cent?

All these people who insist that being small is some cheatmode OP skillless easymode probably dont play anything besides heavies and assaults and thus have no clue how difficult it is to play a light and that it is quite easy to kill them even as their old sizes.

A good pilot in a heavy or assault slaughters tons of people and no one cries. A good pilot slaughters a ton of people in a light and suddenly they flood the forums with their salty tears. My one challenge is that for all people who claim they are OP easy mode go buy a locust and see if you can live up to your own expectations. If they really were blatantly OP far more people would use them.

#12 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:42 AM

ooohhh look.... same kind of troll from the same usual place...
What a surprise, uh?

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:45 AM

some people should finally accept that you won't get 35t locusts.

#14 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:04 AM

My Adder is doing fine, thank you. :D

#15 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostWraith 1, on 28 June 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

Sums up nicely why I've switched games until if/when they patch this. I can do just as well in a RVN-4X as I could in an Oxide, but I don't want to waste my valuable gaming time doing boring LPL pokes from 500M.

People run Raven 4X without an AC20? HERESY!

View Postdario03, on 28 June 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

If that were true then most of the lights (and some other mechs) would have got some positives in the last patch. Pre-patch most lights weren't all that good, but come patch time a bunch were nerfed. And some lights were nerfed twice or even thrice, but yet no positives were added to them.

Better to adjust 1 variable at a time. Figure out how the first change affects your test subject and then alter the second variable.

Now if PGI doesn't adjust them next month... you have my permission to be outraged.

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 29 June 2016 - 03:40 AM.

#16 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 29 June 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

Better to adjust 1 variable at a time. Figure out how the first change affects your test subject and then alter the second variable.

Now if PGI doesn't adjust them next month... you have my permission to be outraged.

This. For once, PGI is doing changes the right way. Changing one aspect at a time instead of taking stabs in the dark. Let's see how this pans out.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 29 June 2016 - 03:44 AM.

#17 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Equally you say???

How about this..... I will trade the quirks on my Jenner F for the quirks on your mech and we shall see what is equal? YOu seem to forget that some of the 35 tonners which were increased in size by up to 30% had their movement type increased to taht of 50 ton mechs and have next to nothing for ANY type of defensive or offensive quirks. I am sorry but the Jenner torso is just a damn joke right now.

View PostMauttyKoray, on 28 June 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

But you see, that's exactly why. They can't run through teams and spam SRMs like crazy without worry. Skill is actually involved and they can't just kamikaze their mechs without fear of actually dying.

YOuwill have to forgive me here.... but if I ran through the enemy team in my pre patch Jenner I would die in a blaze of glory, plenty of videos on my channel of me doing just that. Stop responding as if this was 3 years ago. Is hit reg an issue yes..... however it is NO WHERE near as bad as it used to be check out my channel and you will see most of the time the reason a mech dies to a light pilot in a one on one is duel to the non light making a ton of mistakes. I dedicated several video's to that alone. If you are using Hit Reg issues to try to balance anything well .............

View PostPariah Devalis, on 29 June 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

This. For once, PGI is doing changes the right way. Changing one aspect at a time instead of taking stabs in the dark. Let's see how this pans out.

The problem is they did not do it one step at a time.... The non OXIDE Jenners got hit and hit hard. In case you have not noticed.... when is the last time since the patch you saw a D F or even a K. I have seen only a handful of the mechs and its really only the same 2 or 3 pilots that I see myself included.

EDIT OMG my writing is bad before coffee

Edited by Darian DelFord, 29 June 2016 - 07:32 AM.

#18 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:58 AM

View Postadamts01, on 28 June 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

........ Size and maneuverability are all most lights have dude. Some have firepower, some have speed and none have armor. What else are we supposed to rely on?

Light still has maneuverability and speed. Some has more speed, some has more maneuverability, some has more firepower. Jumpjets are the most efficient on Lights. 35-tonners just don't have size advantage anymore, which is irrelevant when you're preforming proper flanking maneuvers in close-range combat and change positions often working from cover in long-range combat. Prior to rescale, there were absolutely no reason to take anything but a 35-tonner. Now, if you need more mobility and speed, use lighter mechs, and it's actually a feasible alternative, not a troll-pick.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 29 June 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

ooohhh look.... same kind of troll from the same usual place...
What a surprise, uh?
What... what kind of troll? What kind of place? WTF are you talking about? Are you ok?

Equally you say???

How about this..... I will trade the quirks on my Jenner F for the quirks on your mech and we shall see what is equal? YOu seem to forget that some of the 35 tonners which were increased in size by up to 30% had their movement type increased to taht of 50 ton mechs and have next to nothing for ANY type of defensive or offensive quirks. I am sorry but the Jenner torso is just a damn joke right now.
Your relation to quirks is subjective. I can find numerous 35-tonners, which has better quirks and numerous of which has worse, in my opinion, than of a Jenner-F. That is not an argument for PGI being somehow bound to not only rescale all mechs to be equal by volume, but also requirk every mech to magically make balance perfect.

Only one 50-ton mech has Small movement type - Crab, and that mech is conceptually closer to 45-tonners. All other 50-tonners has Medium movement type, so its not that I'm seem to forget something, but that you seem to not know it to begin with. Besides, movement type is only has an effect on climbing steep elevations, which majority of Lights perform with Jump-Jets anyway.

Torso hit-boxes for one mech or another are irrelevant to the discussion.

Edited by DivineEvil, 29 June 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#19 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

You mean like when all the weak players wer whinning and crying cuz they said lights wer OP...pot calling the kettle black i think....why have a Olympics why not just have the special Olympics..and all normal ppl will have to have a leg broke to bring them down to weaker standards to play?
Bottom line 35 ton mechs have dropped from sight in game...all i see anymore are ravens..locust and cheeto's.....35 ton mechs need fixed period.

A and judging by the way you describe light combat in ur other post i dout you play lights much therefor ur opinion is invalid.

Edited by SplashDown, 29 June 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#20 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,759 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostSplashDown, on 29 June 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

Bottom line 35 ton mechs have dropped from sight in game...all i see anymore are ravens..locust and cheeto's.....35 ton mechs need fixed period.

That's not quite the whole problem, the rest of the problem is this put lights in a worse place overall since the Cheetah was on the weaker end of the top lights and now it is one of your best options because there is a lack of good options.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users