66 replies to this topic

#61 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 07 July 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

why not the NVA hands on the viper, this tiny claws are unworthy. :/

Clan military doctrine. The hands only have to be large enough for utility tasks and maybe carrying a hatchet for boarding space ships.

#62 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 07 July 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

Clan military doctrine. The hands only have to be large enough for utility tasks and maybe carrying a hatchet for boarding space ships.

And purple nurples

#63 Dfeeds

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostTarogato, on 07 July 2016 - 02:29 AM, said:

I'd avoid the cSRM6 at all costs unless you can afford artemis for it. Also, even a single cSRM6+A is super wimpy, it would be better to just focus on cooling the lasers or replacing the cERSL with cSPL instead, or investing more tonnage to add a second SRM (two cSRM4s ain't too shabby).

Reason to avoid the cSRM6 is because of the spread; the 270m max range is a lie. Without artemis you won't be able to get all the missiles to land on a single component until you're 70m close to the enemy. With artemis it reaches out to ~100m, and the cSRM4 sans artemis also gets ~100m. If you mix missiles and lasers, I would probably run something like 2x cSRM4+A along with 5x cERSL, or drop the artemis for extra heatsinks.

It would have artemis. Using it makes the tonnage fit quite nicely. But you're right, without artemis the srm6 spread is awful. I tried switching to regulars on my brawler timby to save some tonnage and it was awful. Alas, the pulses would probably be better but I'm not going to have the C or Medusa variants to play with so I want to try and keep it different between builds when mastering so I dont get bored

#64 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 07 July 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

Working on the Huntsman right now.

Awesome, that one looks like it's going to be great to me, I already early adopter preordered it.

#65 Cheeky Monkey

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

For years I ran a table top RPG campaign of MechWarrier (Battletech) and I used this mech for a reoccurring arch villain named Sargent Obadiah Hicksville. And yes... He used a dragonfly/Viper. It was fast and almost impossible to hit. The viper also packed a real punch if any poor soul got in range. I drove the PCs up the wall with this deranged maniac. At one point the PCs thought they had killed him but he came back as a creepy horror flick cyborg from hell with four insect like legs.(Why am I telling you this you may ask?) You see my brother Mark was especially disterbed by Hicksville and all his maniacal schemes. Which is why I though it was hilarious that the first mech my brother had to design for this game was (You guessed it) the Viper. I think this also played a significant roll in the decision to give the Viper Claw hands. I'm pretty sure anyone playing this mech is going to make short work of a lot of big mechs. The Viper is pure evil and your all going to love it.

#66 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 06 July 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Speculation. But the theory is 30 damage.

30 is not theory really, it's the number Russ mentioned a few times.

#67 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

View PostUltimax, on 10 July 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

30 is not theory really, it's the number Russ mentioned a few times.
I know. But Russ also said subject to change, etc etc etc. I said theory because not set in stone, though it is highly probable.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users