Why Do Potatoes... Potato?

84 replies to this topic

#81 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:26 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 28 July 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

There's one unit that does that routinely, usually with whatever the most powerful mech at the time is. Makes me cringe just seeing these guys on my team, because I know they're going to try to be the last ones alive to pad their stats and make themselves look good. Then if you're really lucky they'll also complain about having to carry their team for good measure.

You usually see them on the forums bad mouthing everyone and making threads about potatoes. Those are the "get batter noob crowd" in translation is means exploit the hell out of the game.

#82 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:32 AM

View Postlegatoblues, on 29 July 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

You and all who liked this post, read here:

http://mwomercs.com/...26#entry5306926

Thank you, but I do understand how to win at Crapquest, I just despise the mode and I hate that PGI forces everyone to play it. IMO it should be put into its own matchmaker with Domination and some Capture the Flag mode. I'd never touch that button.

Unless I'm in the group queue with people that I like and don't want to screw over, I will not cap. I don't care if there's one enemy left and it's legged and I'm the only guy left on my team.. I will not cap. All I want to do in quickplay is shoot people.

I really miss the way Mechwarrior 4 was setup.. You joined a server and it was all CTF.. or another was all TDM.. or another was all Assault/Invasion. You got to choose what game mode you played. This game forces people into modes that they have no interest in.. like all the people that say they hate Skirmish or Assault.

#83 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:37 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 29 July 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

Thank you, but I do understand how to win at Crapquest, I just despise the mode and I hate that PGI forces everyone to play it. IMO it should be put into its own matchmaker with Domination and some Capture the Flag mode. I'd never touch that button.

Unless I'm in the group queue with people that I like and don't want to screw over, I will not cap. I don't care if there's one enemy left and it's legged and I'm the only guy left on my team.. I will not cap. All I want to do in quickplay is shoot people.

I really miss the way Mechwarrior 4 was setup.. You joined a server and it was all CTF.. or another was all TDM.. or another was all Assault/Invasion. You got to choose what game mode you played. This game forces people into modes that they have no interest in.. like all the people that say they hate Skirmish or Assault.

It seems MM for MechWarrior had gone backwards. MW3 had a chat lobby and you created games based on what you wanted. MW4 took away the chat lobby. MWO took away hosting games and the host deciding what options would be played.

#84 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:28 AM

You usually see them on the forums bad mouthing everyone and making threads about potatoes. Those are the "get batter noob crowd" in translation is means exploit the hell out of the game.

I'd say "Git gud" here, but you're already doing your best. :)

#85 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 29 July 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'd say "Git gud" here, but you're already doing your best. Posted Image

I enjoy how everyone who complains about this game being too hard thinks that "git gud" means "use exploits". I'm not using macros, exploits, cheats, any of that nonsense and I'm even running non-meta 'mechs and a lot of chassis that most people have labeled as trash tier and I am doing just fine for myself. Improving personal skill does not mean you have to use exploits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users