2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#341 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

You got what you paid for.

The only people who have any logical reason to be upset about any of this are people who purchased mech packages through steam, only qualifying for the MC reward check.

Yeah, I'm a bit upset that I'm not getting an ECM Stalker. I bought my Marauder and Warhammer too early - qualified for the preorder bonus but didn't qualify for the next year's "Appreciation". It's a shame, because I'd already bought the top tier R2 package - so me having the collector Marauder was a waste at that time - in that it didn't actually qualify me for any rewards that I didn't already qualify for.

I decided after buying the Warhammer that I was gonna close my wallet, until a Nova Cat or a Mad Cat MkII rolls around. But then the Kodiak got unveiled and my willpower failed - I bought the "ultimate" pack (although that wasn't an option at the time). And yet even though I spent that $70, someone who buys a Huntsman Collector and a Night Gyr collector for $40 each qualify for the top tier clan reward - only $10 more than I paid.

Was I miffed? Yeah, I was a bit miffed at first. But I got what I paid for and now I'm getting a few extras as a bonus. So am I mad? No.

As a
Legendary Founder
Top Tier Clan Wave 1, 2, and 3 Owner
Top Tier Origins IIC Owner
Top Tier R2 Owner
Marauder Collector Owner
Warhammer + Hero Owner
Kodiak + Hero + Reinforcement Owner

I think a lot of you are embarrassing yourselves. PGI listened to feedback from last year and carried it over to this year without thinking much about how the packs have changed. They are not conning anyone into buying more. This is free stuff for things you've already paid for. If you want to upgrade your packages to qualify for things you didn't already qualify for, that's fine. If you don't want to, then don't. But don't sit here and complain that PGI is trying to take more of your money - they are not.

Maybe next year they will adjust the criteria to reflect a total amount spent on packages in general, as opposed to a specific tier of package. Maybe next year they will include Basic + Hero as an optional criteria for top tier.

This year, they're not. And the reason is simple - they've already commit to this change and hundreds of people have ALREADY upgraded previous purchases in an attempt to qualify for some of the free stuff - that was their choice. But to change the qualification now would just make them upset - and they would have much more of a right to be upset than the lot of you do (Steam mech pack buyers with-held, as I genuinely feel you guys are getting shafted by this). It would be a PR disaster as well as causing a horrible influx of work for support as those who have already upgraded would then have to submit tickets to cancel their upgrades and get their new items removed/new preorder tier knocked down.

I didn't realize the Battletech community was so unbearably whiny. You're all acting like the entitled generation you probably moan about on your social media of choice, and/or bar with your buddies.

And a special note to the founders who are whining. You FOUNDED the game. The whole point is to help the game get rolling, to get it on its feet. Well, 2012 was 4 years ago and the game is still kicking. You got your Founders mechs, mechs that have camos and c-bill bonuses that other people will never be able to get. You got your Founders badge and Founders Title - something that no other player will ever have the chance to get. You got your prize already.

Edited by ExAstra, 13 August 2016 - 08:12 PM.

#342 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,685 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

To tell the truth, I would've loved to both Summoner's A and M, along with the Timber Wolf B. Alas, I guess I'll have to wait for the Summoner A & Timber Wolf B. :(

#343 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

While we understand the perspectives expressed in this thread and elsewhere, the Customer Appreciation reward structure is determined by package tier, not flat dollar value. If the system operated by pure dollar value a single high-value MC purchase could potentially qualify you for every Reward tier, which isn’t in the spirit of how we currently structure the Program.
Wave 1 Masakari is priced higher than the Origins IIC Highlander Collection, but they are both the Top-Tier of their associated Pack and are thus both eligible for the same Reward.
Their equivalency is in their Top-Tier status; not in their dollar value.

The spirit of these Rewards is to show our appreciation for players who acquire different levels of purchasable content. The Top-Tier Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards are intended for players who have acquired either the highest tier of one of the original Packs, or two Collector Packs under the newer Pack systems. The two Collector Pack eligibility condition was an addition we made during last years’ Customer Appreciation Program based on your feedback, and is an addition we carried over to this year.
For players who have acquired Standard Packs, or Standard Packs and Add-Ons, the base Inner Sphere or Clan Reward is offered.

We may examine a more flexible structure for these Programs in the future, but the 2016 Program will remain with its current structure.

To address a separate question, regarding purchases of content shortly before the start of this years’ eligibility period, those purchases would have qualified for their associated Rewards from the 2015 Customer Appreciation Program. They do not apply again to the 2016 Program.

Just to get it back into the discussion...
That should answer a lot of the questions.
It is (at least for this years appreciation rewards program) not a system based on the amount of money spent.

I started playing MWO in January this year. At this moment I am not elegible for the MC reward or the Top Tier rewards. I don't own any other variants of ANY mech in this years program. Just to make that clear.

My options are a lot "better" than that of veterans, I agree to that but I didn't get the appreciation rewards for the last years. I still don't have any pre order bonuses (but there are some coming in a few months). I may be able to get the Top Tier rewards and having not gotten every mech pack, I have not that much banked premium time so the Collectors packs are a good option for me. More mechs might be a better way, but let's be honest here: For a new players the system this year is great. I get that people playing MWO for years, which have spent a lot of money, don't want more banked premium time. Especially if they plan to buy mech packs in the future. They might have grinded enough C-Bills (or got them thrown at them for pre ordering) to have everything they need.

I am definetly not one of those veterans. I am new. I like MWO. I want to support PGI and the community (that explains the green partly).

At the moment I have the Kodiak and Marauder collector packs and some standard packs. That means I have to spend at least 20$ more for one Top Tier reward. If I want everything it is around 47$ for me (no MC purchase yet). I don't know if I can spend that much money on MWO till the end of the "event".
But I am fine with that. The mechpacks I have are worth more than 200$ (just adding that because some people here think that it matters... no idea why). I am not eligible because I didn't buy all the things needed for that. I am totally fine with that, because what we get is free stuff. Nothing they have to give us.
I am against a system, that gets richer people everything and poorer people just get the scraps. But that seems to be what some people think should happen.

Is it unfair that I will never get the pre order boni for previous mech packs because I was here too late or couldn't afford the mech packs at that time?
Is it unfair that I don't get the Top Tier awards (at the moment) because I didn't get the packs in the right way?
Sorry but it isn't. It might make me angry at some point but it isn't really unfair.
Nobody forced you to buy the things you bought. Nobody forces you to buy Collectors packs now.

And to be perfectly clear here: I get that people which spend a lot of money this year and not get the Top Tier rewards are angry. I get that they might feel cheated. On the other side I see that PGI is trying to explain what the program is and how it works. Which should at least lessen the anger a bit. Try to ask yourself the question, why you feel cheated. Did PGI announce the conditions before and changed them? Did they rip you off by making false promises for the appreciation rewards program? Did PGI promise you to give you free mechs at the end of the year and after that said "you get free mechs, if you do this and that"? If you feel cheated, why exactly?

Offer one: If you want to talk about why you feel cheated, you can contact me via PM. This post might not be the best place for it.
Offer two: If you need someone to unload your anger, you can write me a PM too. I will NOT report any PMs I get as a community member (obviously that doesn't count for volunteer moderator business PMs) regardless of the content, as long as they are not threats on my life (or that of others) or about other illegal actions. This offer is open till the 31st of August 11:59 PM CEST.

As for the offer and my statements: I say this as a community member. Not as a volunteer mod. I just wanted to make that clear, because some people just see the green name and assume mods have no free will, can't voice their opinions and are ok with everything PGI does... or even better... that volunteer mods are employees of PGI. We are not.

TL/DR: Just like my post and tell me I am a great person!

Edited by Ibrandul Mike, 13 August 2016 - 08:18 PM.
TL/DR added

#344 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

For many it doesnt ring true of a loyalty reward program for people who spent money to a certain value ($80), it rings of a sales pitch towards those have people who spent less, so they upgrade their orders to get extra mechs.

There are people who spent $200 and will not qualify for the same rewards as someone who initially purchased $40 + $20 (now pays $20 extra to upgrade that second pack to get a loyalty mech) . This is what is upsetting some people.

Maybe PGI should offer 5/6 loyalty mechs and people still get one mech for each purchase level as they do now, but they get to choose which mech they want. Like mediums bud didnt buy MC, not a problem having paid $50 you get one mech and can take any you want, doesnt have to be the heavy Cataphract.

#345 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:25 PM

Lets make it clear about the "free stuff".
The things that are being offered as free stuff were actually free in terms of creation but are behind a 20$ paywall for the customer... the mech variants did not take any dev time outside of their original model creation. Just adding a new mech in the record sheet and some tweaks on .XML files.
The only think new in them is that rainbow camo!
And that does not cost 20$

I appreciate PGI releasing those variants... but do not try to say its "free stuff", because they are not.

Those are not rewards... those are carrots to push the whales even harder... its directly pointed at the whales... the guys who have supported PGI no matter what... their method is predatory!

Edited by Navid A1, 13 August 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#346 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

yes...indeed...my error was trying to reason with an ignoramous who isn't about to accept logic or facts or read a message correctly.

Actually I included the urbanmech in the stuff that came with PGI's 15th anniversary rewards. Of course why both to click the provided links to PGI's own announcements when you can act like a buffoon.
No, most of your posts have been full of inaccuracies.

I gave up trying to respond, because you just spouted nonsense as a reply.

Now, in place of an actual argument, you're directly insulting users.
Whatever 'argument' you had, is lost when you don't even try to argue, you just attack people.

#347 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 13 August 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

I appreciate PGI releasing those variants... but do not try to say its "free stuff", because they are not.

I have paid for Mechs to get them earlier than others and now I will get even more Mechs for this without spending any more money. In conclusion those Mechs are FREE STUFF. As such they are rewards.

#348 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:22 PM

Eligible Collections: Wave 1 Masakari Collection; Wave 2 Man-O-War Collection; Wave 3 Gladiator Collection; Origins IIC Highlander Collection.

I own all of these, but apparently I bought the Highlander IIc pack a few weeks too early? Because they were not delivered until 2016 as i recall. Anyway, not eligible for the Summoner M and F even though I own all the packs.

Edited by Lightfoot, 13 August 2016 - 11:24 PM.

#349 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 13 August 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Lets make it clear about the "free stuff".
The things that are being offered as free stuff were actually free in terms of creation but are behind a 20$ paywall for the customer... the mech variants did not take any dev time outside of their original model creation. Just adding a new mech in the record sheet and some tweaks on .XML files.
The only think new in them is that rainbow camo!
And that does not cost 20$

Those are not rewards... those are carrots to push the whales even harder... its directly pointed at the whales... the guys who have supported PGI no matter what... their method is predatory!

I did not purchase anything after the announcement other than MC to qualify for the BJ-2 so yes, the other 5 'mechs were in fact free stuff. If you qualified for them, they were 100% free stuff because you are getting them for no additional cost. If you didn't qualify? You could argue they are an added incentive to purchase certain items, I suppose.

#350 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

Hmm that's weird. I know I got the Highlander IIC collection, but I'm not eligible for the Summoners? Is it because I preordered the whole pack before last October?

#351 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

View PostArgond, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

Daishi Collection price is the same as the wave 2 full collection or the wave 3 full collection price. And more then Highlander IIC collection price.

Fairly irrelevant though as my like 6 x small packs were all what 70 each ... cherry pick and you don't get the reward for getting everything. I mean are you really saying you should get the same as someone who paid for the Masakari pack? ;)

#352 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:17 AM

I'd like to agree with everyone who's said that it's ridiculous that spending $80 on 2 collector's packs is rewarded better than spending $100 on 2 standard packs, 2 reinforcements, and 2 hero mechs.

#353 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:39 AM

View PostOvion, on 13 August 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

No, most of your posts have been full of inaccuracies.

I gave up trying to respond, because you just spouted nonsense as a reply.

THAT seems to be a common tactic here, claim the other is spouting nonsense when they've lost an argument or are arguing an invalid point. Its like how donald trump addresses any perceived slight. Oh well if it helps you sleep at night, so be it.

#354 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:55 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

Greetings MechWarriors,

Our three year anniversary since leaving Open Beta approaches, and to commemorate the occasion we're excited to announce our 2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program! All of us here at Piranha Games would like to show our sincere gratitude to all players and supporters who have dedicated their time and money to MechWarrior Online over the last year.
Unlike the 2015 Program, where the period of eligibility began in January of that year, eligibility for the 2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program starts from October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT; the approximate end date of the 2015 Program!
As with our previous Appreciation Program in 2015, the 2016 Appreciation program has a little something for everyone, from Active Players to Top-Tier Collection owners.

You can quickly check your eligibility status for each of these Rewards through this section of your Profile!

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have played at least 100 matches since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Deadline for Eligibility

October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC).

Rewards

2,000,000 C-Bills
1 MechBay
Year 3 Anniversary Cupcake Standing Cockpit Item

Reward Injection Date

October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC), during the patch.

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have purchased any amount of MC* since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC)
OR you must have purchased any Steam Performance Bundle** (Light, Medium, Heavy, or Assault).
*MC purchased through the Steam portal counts toward the MechWarrior Credits eligibility.
**Steam Performance Bundles purchased after October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT will not count toward the 2017 Customer Appreciation Program, due to limitations with how Steam Performance Bundles are tracked.

Deadline for Eligibility

Rewards

Blackjack BJ-2 Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) + 1 MechBay.

BJ-2 Loadout details

Reward Injection Date

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have purchased any tier of any Inner Sphere Collection* (or any Inner Sphere a la carte 'Mech**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Deadline for Eligibility

Rewards

Cataphract CTF-3L Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) +1 MechBay.

CTF-3L Loadout details

Reward Injection Date

* Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech** when applicable): UrbanMech; Resistance 1; Resistance 2; Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops.

**A la carte 'Mechs are only available for the Resistance 1 and Resistance 2 packs, and can be found at the bottom of those pages.

This Cataphract Loyalty Variant will only be available through the 2016 Inner Sphere Reward program. The Standard version of this Cataphract variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have purchased any tier of any Clan Collection* (or any Clan a la carte 'Mech**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Deadline for Eligibility

Rewards

Hellbringer HBR-F Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) +1 MechBay.

HBR-F Loadout details

Reward Injection Date

* Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech** when applicable): Wave 1; Wave 2; Wave 3; Origins IIC; Kodiak; Viper; Night Gyr; Huntsman; Linebacker; Marauder IIC.

** A la carte 'Mechs are only available for the Clan Wave 1, Clan Wave 2, Clan Wave 3, and Origins IIC packs, and can be found at the bottom of those pages.

This Hellbringer Loyalty Variant will only be available through the 2016 Clan Reward program, and will be injected into eligible accounts on a date to be determined. The Standard version of this Hellbringer variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have purchased any eligible Top-Tier Inner Sphere Collection* (or combination of eligible items**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Deadline for Eligibility

Rewards

Stalker STK-3FB Loyalty Variant (featuring a unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) +1 MechBay.

STK-3Fb Loadout details

[u]Reward Injection Date[/u]

* Eligible Collections: [u]Resistance 1[/u] Wrath Collection; [u]Resistance 2[/u] Mauler Collection.

** Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: [u]UrbanMech[/u]; [u]Marauder[/u]; [u]Warhammer[/u]; [u]Rifleman[/u]; [u]Archer[/u]; [u]Phoenix Hawk[/u]; [u]Cyclops[/u].

This Stalker Loyalty Variant will only be available through the 2016 Top-Tier Inner Sphere Collection Reward program. The Standard version of this Stalker variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

Posted Image

[u]Eligibility Conditions[/u]

You must have purchased any eligible Top-Tier Clan Collection* (or combination of eligible items**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

[u]Deadline for Eligibility[/u]

[u]Rewards[/u]

Summoner SMN-F and Summoner SMN-M Loyalty variants (both featuring the unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) + 2 MechBay's.

[b][b][u]SMN-F and SMN-M Loadout details[/u][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][u]Reward Injection Date[/u][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC), during the patch.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b] [/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]* Eligible Collections: [u]Wave 1[/u] Masakari Collection; [u]Wave 2[/u] Man-O-War Collection; [u]Wave 3[/u] Gladiator Collection; [u]Origins IIC[/u] Highlander Collection.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]** Eligible combinations:[b] At least two [b]Collector Packs from any combination of the following Packs: [u]Kodiak[/u]; [u]Viper[/u]; [u]Night Gyr[/u]; [u]Huntsman[/u]; [u]Linebacker[/u]; [u]Marauder IIC[/u].[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]These Summoner Loyalty Variants will only be available through the 2016 Top-Tier Inner Sphere Collection Reward program. The Standard version of these Summoner variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Posted Image[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Last year we heard from a lot of players who would have liked to see an additional Reward tier for owning both of the Top-Tier Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards, so this year we thought we'd add a little something extra for those of you who may qualify.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][u]Eligibility Conditions[/u][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]You must qualify for [b]both the 2016 Top-Tier Clan Collection [b]and the 2016 Top-Tier Inner Sphere Collection rewards listed above! If you qualify for those two Top-Tier Rewards, you qualify for the Ultimate Reward![/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][u]Deadline for Eligibility[/u][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC).[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][u]Rewards[/u][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]1 'Atlas Head' Standing Cockpit Item (special Loyalty version)[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]1 'Kodiak Head' Standing Cockpit Item (special Loyalty version)[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]2 Silver Gatling Gun Warhorns[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]The special Loyalty versions of the Atlas Bust and Kodiak Bust Cockpits Items will feature unique material highlights to distinguish them from the standard versions, which will be released in-game for MC on October 18th. The unique Loyalty versions are only attainable from the Ultimate Reward.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Both the Loyalty and Standard versions of these Cockpit Items will react when you secure a kill on the battlefield.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][u]Reward Injection Date[/u][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC), during the patch.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][u]Important Information for all Customer Appreciation Rewards[/u][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Any Quirks in place for the above Loyalty Variants will be announced closer to their release.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b] The unique Loyalty Pattern on these 'Mechs can be replaced with Standard and Faction-based Patterns, if the 'Mech chassis currently supports them. For example, the Cataphract chassis currently only supports Standard Patterns.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b] Reward eligibility for content acquired through Gift Code redemption is determined by the original purchase date of the Gift Code. Example: If you redeemed a Gift Code on August 10th 2016 that was purchased prior to

October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC), you will not qualify for any associated Rewards.

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b] Rewards are provided to the Giftee, not the Gifter.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]You can only qualify for each individual Customer Appreciation Reward once.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]This years 'Mechs do not feature the same underlying cosmetic Armor Pattern seen on the the 2015 'Mechs. They feature a unique, standard Pattern instead.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]

These Loyalty Variants will only be available through the 2016 Customer Appreciation program. The Standard, non-Loyalty versions of these variants will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Purchases must have been processed by our database no earlier than

October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC)

in order to automatically qualify for 2016 Customer Appreciation Reward eligibility. [/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]

Apparently this has to be re-quoted over and over because people cannot be bothered to go read the first page before jumping to comment, complain, or question stuff on page 17 or 18 we're at now. The KEY point above that a lot seem to be ignoring, is the eligible date range for purchases. If you pre-ordered something BEFORE the date range began, it doesn't qualify. It doesn't matter if it wasn't injected into your account yet (like the marauder and warhammer or IIC), only the actual time and date of purchase. Also note that the next as yet un-announced mech, which will be the pre-order for september, isn't listed, nor has the october pre-order that follows it. Those will also qualify in the availability window for whichever faction reward(s) that the mech belongs to if purchased before this year's deadline. The one that follows the Marauder IIC is apparently to be an inner sphere mech, according to Russ's twitter feed.

NOW THEN, if certain sheltered folks want to claim I'm posting inaccuracies... well... take it up with PGI since I'm just repeating their official, and already stated facts on this loyalty rewards program. Apparently while I can read and comprehend their announcements, some of you cannot.

PS... you can use this link https://mwomercs.com/profile/content to go to your own profile to see what you already qualified for.

Edited by Dee Eight, 14 August 2016 - 01:59 AM.

#355 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:13 AM

View PostExAstra, on 13 August 2016 - 08:03 PM, said:

You got what you paid for.

The only people who have any logical reason to be upset about any of this are people who purchased mech packages through steam, only qualifying for the MC reward check.

Yes...its so awful that buying a single 2-mech pack gets them a free unique blackjack. Which btw are already great value packs, other than of course the triple-variant mastery rule for skill unlocks means they have to buy basic versions for cbills or MC in-game eventually.

But let's see... the $32.99 CAD light performance bundle comes with...two light mechs with 30% cbill bonus, 1500MC is worth about $8-9, pattern and colors applied and unlocked (which means they can apply to other variants of those models, and the colors to ANY other mechs), 2.5 million c-bills, and a month of premium time. That is already more value than a $20 US basic mech pack gets you outside the pre-order windows.

About This Content

This pack features 2 popular Light 'Mechs each with 30% C-Bill boost and custom load outs built for performance.

• Inner Sphere: Raven RVN-3L [S]
• Clan: Arctic Cheetah ACH-PRIME [S]

The Light 'Mech Performance Pack also contains:

• 2 'Mech Bays
• Phranken pattern and colors applied and unlocked
• 30 days Premium Time (activates upon next log in)
• 1500 MC
• 2.5 million C-Bills

Edited by Dee Eight, 14 August 2016 - 02:28 AM.

#356 Isolani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

Having to have the Collector's packs is a little disappointing honestly. I bought the $20 standard pack for every IS mech, except the Urbanmech. And some of the hero add ons also. In all, I spent $170 on IS mechs standard packs and hero add ons, but I don't qualify for the IS reward. People who spent $80 on IS collectors packs do though...that makes sense.

They should have just made it $80+ spent on IS or Clan mech packs in the last year, rather than having to buy some particular level of a mech pack. Especially since the collector packs are unpopular, it's just a mech you already got in the stand pack with a c-bill boost and different skin...for $20. Most people would rather get the hero mech add on for $15 instead, at least it's a different variant than the 3 you got in the standard pack.

#357 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:02 AM

This is a tricky scenario, because there was nothing in the fine print of each package that said "you must purchase *this* tier to qualify for bonus swag in October"

I get the sour grapes, i really do, but no one bought their mechs over the course of the past year expecting loyalty rewards in October, did they? I hope not, because there was no promise of loyalty mechs prior to it being announced this week.

Just like there is no promise of there being another module sale or mechbay sale. Ever.

If PGI goofed and they suffer for it, so be it, but you cannot make them change the terms.

Apart from the urbie packs, every single one of the single mech packs is an outstanding deal on its own merit compared to the 4 mech series that preceded them. The grey area would be the phoenix hawk/viper where your dollar/ton ratio is less...

Don't forget that prior to these packs, if you wanted the heavy or assault mech from a series, you had to buy all the lighter mechs first *or* buy it a la carte for what, $50-$55? You can get 4 kodiaks for $45 or 3 dires for $55 a la carte (I think). Tough choice, right?

Heck wasn't Matt or Alex saying in the assault leaderboard/sale thread that the kodiak base package is still cheaper than buying with MC... AND ENCOURAGING PLAYERS TO GO THAT ROUTE. That indicates at least they are not trying pull a cash grab for the sake of a cash grab.

You already got a deal, especially if you did the early adopter rewards.

Edited by MovinTarget, 14 August 2016 - 06:07 AM.

#358 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:25 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 August 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

Heck wasn't Matt or Alex saying in the assault leaderboard/sale thread that the kodiak base package is still cheaper than buying with MC... AND ENCOURAGING PLAYERS TO GO THAT ROUTE. That indicates at least they are not trying pull a cash grab for the sake of a cash grab.

You already got a deal, especially if you did the early adopter rewards.

They said it and I explained the economics further to someone else....

Well because the Kodiak only JUST went to MCs eight days ago. Even discounted bundle MCs with discounted mech MC prices though they'd still be more economical to just buy via the web store for straight dollars. See $100 bundle works out as 250MC per dollar.

So say you just want a KDK-3 and a spirit bear... 13,780 MC. - 35% = 8,957. / 250 = $35.83USD worth of MC. But for $35 you can get another KDK-1 and 2 also AND they come with mech bays for all four AND 30 days of banked premium time AND a warhorn, hanging and standing cockpit items AND Title & badge.

In general, ever since they went to $20 basic pack and $15 hero store pricings, its been cheaper in dollar support terms to buy packs via the webstore than thru the IN GAME store. MC is best used for mech bays, decals, colors, camo patterns, and the OCCASIONAL single mech purchase of heroes or champions on sale (like when they do the hero/champ 50% one). The classic 4 unseens are now all cbill purchases except for the heros, and thus they're no longer better bought through the webstore (aside from the bays included, premium time and extras).

For example, the banshee mastery pack is $37 direct store purchase or 9,185MC In fame store purchase ($36.74 worth of bundle MC). But I really only want the hero model for my permanent collection. The 3M(C) really needs an expensive XL engine to justify keeping, and the 3E likewise needs that AND double heatsinks and endo steel. Better for me to just buy the LM for 4631MC ($18 worth) once the sale starts, and get two other basics variants to skill and then sell them once I do that. The only reason to get the bundles otherwise is the premium time (which I am already rolling in), the extra bays, and the cbills I don't have to spend on two basics that are only sticking around to be skilled enough to unlock the expert level on La Malinche.

In addition, in this post... http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5336067 I explained that the stock up with MC deal, besides the caches and mech bay bonuses, can be used to buy mastery bundles, which give you mechs WITH bays and premium time. If you have the mechs already, or don't like them, sell them... presto C-bills, components for your other mechs, and empty bays.

#359 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

And to add to what I reposted above, I did indeed buy my La Malinche for MCs once the sale began, it is $29USD via the gift store hero's section. And because I wanted the tons more than the kms..i swapped the 380XL from it to my champion battlemaster, for its 375XL. The battlemaster got 1kph faster and had to a ton to spare that I never ended up using when I put it together. The banshee likewise lost a bit less than 1kph (as 5 rating pts makes less of a difference on a 95 ton mech than an 85 ton), and got a ton extra for another double heat sink.

Edited by Dee Eight, 14 August 2016 - 06:33 AM.

#360 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:00 AM

The take away of the whole thread is:

Get the minimum pack each month to qualify for early adopter swag, save rest of $$$ for next August and fill in the blanks for all the loyalty swag.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users