2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#441 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

That is correct, sir!

#442 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

It is. Early adopters got the short stick, as always, because R2 released in that timeperiod, too, so they had been some kind of overachievers.

The same with the Origins-pack. If you've bought Wave 3 and preordered Origins IIC, you did qualify for the 2015-reward twice, but despite getting the Originmechs in December, no benefit for the period you got them.

Well, I can understand the point of PGI that the date of payment counts, but some communication beforehand would've been nice. Usually, you set the rules for the future timperiod, not change the rules of past actions in retrospect.

But as I said, I can totally understand the point that the date of payment is what matters. Nevertheless, to say that people which bought every mechpack anounced since last october and chose to go for basic + reinforcement + hero(-es) are not eligible for the top tier reward because they didn't choose the cheap way of getting basic + CE is somewhat off.
And a slap in the face of these loyal customers.

Could've been avoided if they communicated this stuff beforehand, so people had the possibility to make a choice. So they had to act based on assumptions. Which I totally understand feels nothing like a customer APPRECIATION program.

#443 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

View PostKshat, on 16 August 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

It is. Early adopters got the short stick, as always, because R2 released in that timeperiod, too, so they had been some kind of overachievers.

Except...as an early adopter you already got stuff that other folks didn't get, including those who bought outside the 2015 loyalty reward program period. So stop complaining. I am going to be early-adopting the next mech after the MAD-IIC...it won't count for the 2017 loyalty rewards.

Edited by Dee Eight, 16 August 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#444 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Dee Eight, maybe instead of telling people to stop complaining you could learn to sympathize with those who have been here MUCH longer than you and spent possibly way more than you. I know my support of this game is probably way over what you spent and if I have a legitimate gripe about the loyalty stuff this year I should be able to express that on the Company's forums without some late comer telling me to stop complaining. And you know why they implemented early adopter's? To test the waters and see how packs would sell and give those who purchased early a little extra for funding the creation of the Mechs. I know personally the early adopter awards don't mean much to me nowadays as I already have enough Mechs, c-bills, Mechbays, and modules that the little bit they give with Early Adopter's sometimes isn't worth it.

#445 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

It's not like they owe us these rewards... but it's a bit jarring to have bought a Marauder Pack too early and not get a 'mech as a result. Same with the Hero 'mech addons apparently not counting for the top-tier rewards like Collector's packs. I can follow the thought process, I think: they're rewarding top tier packages, so how do we differentiate between top tier and bottom tier on the 'mech packs - hey, two collector's packs are exactly the price of one top tier IS package. That makes sense, and it's their choice how to dish out free things, but it feels uneven.

I mean, I'd already qualified for last year's rewards, I think, and I held off on some other purchases because I'd already spent that extra money on the Marauder pack. I'm not going to have a forum tantrum or really be upset, but it would be nice if I didn't turn out to have traded a unique, c-bill boosted variant (or two!) for early adopter rewards...

Edited by Void Angel, 16 August 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#446 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 16 August 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

Dee Eight, maybe instead of telling people to stop complaining you could learn to sympathize with those who have been here MUCH longer than you and spent possibly way more than you.

i WILL NEVER HAVE SYMPATHY FOR ENTITLED PLAYERS who expect all the free stuff even when they don't meet the qualifications for that stuff, because they think dollars alone should dictate rewards.

#447 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

... What a nuanced and fair-minded opinion.

Perhaps you should not post until you actually understand the objections.

#448 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

Here as well ... geez man. You never stop posting wrong facts.

Early Adopter got the Pre-Order Reward which by a LARGE margin exceeds any Loyalty Bonus. And since they pre-ordered not in this timeframe, they got their Loyalty Bonus last year.

The same with the Origins-pack. If you've bought Wave 3 and preordered Origins IIC, you did qualify for the 2015-reward twice, but despite getting the Originmechs in December, no benefit for the period you got them.
The reason behind that is, it doesnt matter when you receive whatever you bought, its about WHEN you SPEND your money. Like i said in the German thread, there is not a single reason why you should be rewarded differently based on you spending 1x, 2x, 10x or 50x the amount needed to receive a FREE bonus.

Well, I can understand the point of PGI that the date of payment counts, but some communication beforehand would've been nice.
You mean like 6 weeks in advance? Or like the last times, a Loyalty Reward has been given.

Usually, you set the rules for the future timperiod, not change the rules of past actions in retrospect.
They did not. As i explained in the other thread, PGI stood by their rules and did not change it. A Top Tier pack in 2015 could have been an Urbie Pack for 40$ or a Clan Wave Pack for what? 120$. This year, it is 80$, if you buy a 4 Mech-Pack like Origins or Resistance or 2 CE.

But as I said, I can totally understand the point that the date of payment is what matters.
Do you understand it? Because you dont show it.

Nevertheless, to say that people which bought every mechpack anounced since last october and chose to go for basic + reinforcement + hero(-es) are not eligible for the top tier reward because they didn't choose the cheap way of getting basic + CE is somewhat off.
Thats because the Top Tier reward is given to players who buy the HIGHEST tier of a PACK. It doesnt count Add-ons like Heros or Reinforcements. Why? Because they are OPTIONAL ADD-ONs. Biggest difference: They dont grant any Premium Time and if im not mistaken, dont grant any titles or additional Warhorns and Cockpit items. Also: The format of the site gives you a hint. Standard and CE packs are next to each other, they have the same "rank". They are both packs. A Add-on is below that.

Could've been avoided if they communicated this stuff beforehand, so people had the possibility to make a choice. So they had to act based on assumptions. Which I totally understand feels nothing like a customer APPRECIATION program.
Youre wrong. They did announce it early enough. Its 6 weeks before the mechs will be granted. And there was never a hidden incentive 'if you buy this, maybe you can qualify for an additional mech or whatever'. You bought a Mech like the Marauder or Kodiak, maybe you got a Pre-Order bonus. Nothing else. This Loyaly Program is nothing else then something for FREE, totally unrelated to your decision of buying a Mech pack 10 months ago.

Dee Eight, maybe instead of telling people to stop complaining you could learn to sympathize with those who have been here MUCH longer than you and spent possibly way more than you.
An opinion doesnt change its value based on the amount of money spend. This isnt politics.

I know my support of this game is probably way over what you spent and if I have a legitimate gripe about the loyalty stuff this year I should be able to express that on the Company's forums
You can do that, if youre not stating false facts and ...

without some late comer telling me to stop complaining.
... insult other player based on a random fact.

And you know why they implemented early adopter's? To test the waters and see how packs would sell and give those who purchased early a little extra for funding the creation of the Mechs. I know personally the early adopter awards don't mean much to me nowadays as I already have enough Mechs, c-bills, Mechbays, and modules that the little bit they give with Early Adopter's sometimes isn't worth it.
Thats great for you. I dont have 4 billion cbills like somebody else i know, i dont own every single mech avaiable ingame and im probably not the only one. Pre-Order incentives are very strong and they are part of the marketing strategy for a long time. And TBH, id rather have started playing MWO a couple months earlier to get 4 free mechs with the Origins or Resistance 2 pack then the one mech/ two omnis (Stalker or 2 Summoner) you can get now for ordering those packs now.

Edited by JaidenHaze, 16 August 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#449 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

Does anyone notice the people calling those entitled are the ones who have been here a year or less? Yet the guys who have been here years and most likely spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars are being called entitled for pointing out how they feel this year's rewards don't accurately reflect the shift in their business model. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I'm entitled to state my opinion that I feel this reward structure doesn't reflect the shift in their purchasing model. Up until the latest release the early adopter rewards were some C-bills, 4 modules, a pattern, and cockpit items. To anyone who has spent a bunch of time in the game and a bunch of money on packs already these are but a pittance. I can understand how that seems like a lot to you newer guys but to those long time, loyal customers it's as I said a pittance. And is it really entitlement to point out how players could have spent hundreds more and not qualify for top tier rewards. I think that is pointing out to a company that it hasn't kept up to date with their marketing department when it comes to rewards. Of course that has been pointed out numerous times in this thread and some still don't understand it. Hell I only qualify for half the rewards and ain't really bitching cause I got so much nowadays I'd rather wait for C-bill releases than waste my hard earned money.

#450 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Also you do realize all those early adopter variants are out for C-bills now and most could have been picked up really cheap with the recent sales? Hell that's how I acquired both the Jenner IICs and the Hunchback IICs. Without having to get some crappy variant that I don't need to master them. And I wonder what false facts I stated. Cause everything I posted is fact when it comes to why they originally adopted the Early Adopter's award for Mech packs.

#451 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 16 August 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Does anyone notice the people calling those entitled are the ones who have been here a year or less? Yet the guys who have been here years and most likely spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars are being called entitled for pointing out how they feel this year's rewards don't accurately reflect the shift in their business model.

Yes well that's because that's how you and others like you are behaving. If you behave like an entitled git... you get called out for being that. The 2016 loyalty rewards are very clearly related to purchases between Oct 6th 2015 and Oct 6th 2016. What you spent before Oct 6th 2015 matters not for the 2016 rewards. Why is that such a hard concept to understand ?!

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I'm entitled to state my opinion that I feel this reward structure doesn't reflect the shift in their purchasing model. Up until the latest release the early adopter rewards were some C-bills, 4 modules, a pattern, and cockpit items.

You claim to have been here so long but apparently so quickly forget (or choose to ignore it since it invalidates your argument) that the early-adopter rewards have changed over time for every mech pack release. The early adopter reward for the Origins IICs included a 4th variant. Then the unseen mechs replaced that with something else and every mech released after continued that. The new Marauder is a IIC so they put the 4th variant back as an early adopter reward. PGI is free to alter the early adopter rewards whenever they like. They are not obligated to offer the same bonuses all the time.

To anyone who has spent a bunch of time in the game and a bunch of money on packs already these are but a pittance. I can understand how that seems like a lot to you newer guys but to those long time, loyal customers it's as I said a pittance. And is it really entitlement to point out how players could have spent hundreds more and not qualify for top tier rewards.

Again though you're ignoring the fact that whatever you paid BEFORE October 6, 2015 doesn't matter for the 2016 loyalty rewards. The previous 2015 program only ran from Jan 1, 2015 to Oct 5,2015 so they've added nearly three months to the eligibility period this time around. That's apparently still not good enough for some folks.

Also the often repeated argument over the collector packs... this is from LAST YEAR'S Qualifications for Top-Tier Inner Sphere reward....

Eligible Collections: Resistance 1 Wrath Collection; Resistance 2 Mauler Collection; owning at least two of the following three Collector Packs: UrbanMech; Marauder; Warhammer.

So right there, they already spelled it out a year ago that TWO single-mech collector packs were needed, or a R1 Wrath or R2 Mauler collection. This year there is more mech collections to acquire TWO from. There are also clan collection options, or someone could get just the Origins IIC Highlander collection alone, which is the same $80 total as two of the individual mech collector packs.

#452 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 16 August 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Also you do realize all those early adopter variants are out for C-bills now and most could have been picked up really cheap with the recent sales? Hell that's how I acquired both the Jenner IICs and the Hunchback IICs. Without having to get some crappy variant that I don't need to master them. And I wonder what false facts I stated. Cause everything I posted is fact when it comes to why they originally adopted the Early Adopter's award for Mech packs.
I'm sorry, I think I chose the wrong wording. I don't think you personally used wrong facts to discuss anything, but a lot of others did. I did not want to group you together. I see now that my choice of quoting may have suggested that.

That being said, I still dislike your statement for generally ignoring or belittling other players opinion, if they have less playtime then you.

And about the early adopter variants: You realize that a pack is a total different value proposition if you have 3 Mech variants with Mech Bays or four? Even if you ignore colors, decals, premium time and whatever else. Another Mech plus a bay is such a strong incentive.

Edited by JaidenHaze, 16 August 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#453 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Until the unseens, near as I can see in the store, the early adopter reward was JUST one variant and one mech bay, other than the Urbie which got a camo, cockpit items, and 2 modules.. Then four what, 10 mechs now its been camo, cockpit items, 4 modules and c-bills. Now the MAD-IIC its cockpit items, unique variant, 2 modules and decal unlock.

#454 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

I think we could all agree that the guidelines for all rewards should have been a dollar set value. then there would be no confusion or catering to one side or the other.

#455 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 16 August 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

I think we could all agree that the guidelines for all rewards should have been a dollar set value. then there would be no confusion or catering to one side or the other.

I strongly disagree. There is no gain for PGI and I don't see a reason why it has to be a dollar value, since PGI wants to sell specific products.

#456 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 16 August 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

No... we cannot. Because in last year's program, the pricing of "top-tier" was merely $80 by that logic. But some clan players who hadn't bought the Origins IIC pack, had paid MORE than $80 for their packs.

#457 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

Don't be any sillier than you can help. First, no one is forcing Clan players to adopt Clantech, nor would an $80 bar for entry punish players who paid more.

#458 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:22 PM

You ignore the fact they released Resistance 1 in 2014 just so people who were IS purists could qualify for the Atlas and King Crab back then. And also you ignore the fact that last year they released Origins and the Marauder and Warhammer Collector's so people could qualify for the Top Tier rewards in 2015. They have repeatedly changed the qualifications and needed packs for the rewards. People are well within their rights to point out how they, as a paying customer, feel rewards haven't kept up with the change in Mech pack marketing.

#459 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 02 September 2016 - 12:22 PM.
insults, unconstructive

#460 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

I don't see how raising a point about how it has repeatedly changed and asking them to consider how they've changed in the past and consider that in the future is whining.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users