543 replies to this topic

#261 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

Wonder if I will have the 3PV thing as I started the match in 3PV and did all the requirements but at one point close to a wall I was like projected into my cockpit for ¼ of a second. That was on HPG where everything is totally silent in 3PV but for that ¼ of a second I heard a noise.

#262 Piith

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostCrashking, on 03 September 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

I seem to find with TAG/NARC where enemy needs to be destroyed, I manage to get an update if I am the one that gets the kill shot, though the description makes it seem like as long as he dies it should work.

that's what I thought, by the wording I just need to TAG and mech needs to be Destroyed, not I have to be the one that Destroys it
if I need to tag and destroy it needs to read that way something like , "Destroy mech while be tagged by you at the same time"
not

have TAG engaged against an Enemy while they are destroyed

It's not working that way

#263 Tester128

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:36 PM

I wonder if there is a law in Canada against cruel and unusual punishment.

Also, overheating challenge is not working properly.

Also, i have some great ideas for the next challenges - kill an opponent with a headshot while jumping while legged and survive 0 of 13

Kill an opponent by gauss rifle detonation 0 of 33

Get hit by dropship turret at least 13 times in a match and survive 0 of 13

Kill 12 opponents and die doing less then 300 damage. 0 of 2

Edited by Tester128, 03 September 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#264 Tester128

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostMirage Jenius, on 03 September 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

Overheat part is working fine, just turn on override at the start of the match, fire at the floor till you go over 100 percent heat and then turn it off and proceed normally.

Yeah, did it like 5 times, only counted once.

#265 Scam Newton

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

going park this game till the event is over. all those people in 3rd person view seem to have a very extreme negative pug team impact (yeah it got worse - unbelievable!)

#266 Green1

• Pip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:04 PM

Did anyone manage to complete The Flea? I am sure I did it all correctly(set 3rd person in options, never pressed F3 to switch to first, killed 1 or more and lived in the end with a victory). Still shows 0 of 3, while many other things I've done in those same matches have already arrived. I hope it's not bugged, it was a real pain in the rear.

#267 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostGreen1, on 03 September 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

Did anyone manage to complete The Flea? I am sure I did it all correctly(set 3rd person in options, never pressed F3 to switch to first, killed 1 or more and lived in the end with a victory). Still shows 0 of 3, while many other things I've done in those same matches have already arrived. I hope it's not bugged, it was a real pain in the rear.

See post above, maybe they overlooked times when you jump back into cockpit because of wall near behind, I didn't get it either and that's what I suspect.

#268 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

View PostScam Newton, on 03 September 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

going park this game till the event is over. all those people in 3rd person view seem to have a very extreme negative pug team impact (yeah it got worse - unbelievable!)

Probably because they don't have a minimap...and that 1 effective way to get the 3pv challenge seems to be LRMs....though the method I used was KDK-3 dakka spam

Edited by Hemholtz, 03 September 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#269 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

View PostCrashking, on 03 September 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

Sorry no I did exactly this in my storm crow-b, even won and survived the match but I didn't get my 3rd update. just one of my other complaints here about how badly things are not working for this set of challenges.

.Exactly. The overheat thing is not working. Stuck at 2/3 also. I have had several games where I fought while in overload or overrode a shutdown. No change. This is not working as intended on my end. Yes I survived the matches in question. Yes it has been more than 30 minutes.

Edited by Kaptain, 03 September 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#270 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:32 PM

I wanted to aim for the brown color but after 20 matchs I'm still at 0... this one is too hard to achieve. 4 components is a bit much, unless there is a disco.

#271 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostTester128, on 03 September 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Yeah, did it like 5 times, only counted once.

I did it like 30 times and it only counted once.

#272 Piith

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:47 PM

View PostRhialto, on 03 September 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

I wanted to aim for the brown color but after 20 matchs I'm still at 0... this one is too hard to achieve. 4 components is a bit much, unless there is a disco.

leg 2 mechs . . you have your 4 components Posted Image

#273 Piith

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

2 matches ago, I did get a TAG KILL, I know I had many before, but apparently they never counted,
I did not see TAG KILL in my score, when there should had been.
If you get TAG KILL on your score it will register, might be some Lag or Latency, where on my machine I see the Mech TAG, and Destroyed, but the Server doesn't.

#274 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

"Like A Ninja" is determined by "Tag Stealth." "I'm A Monster" is tied into "Tag Kill."

They're all associated with "achievements" earned in battle in some fashion.

#275 Green1

• Pip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:29 PM

About that TAG and NARC quest. Do you need to get a TAG/NARC kill or you need to TAG/NARC a destroyed mech laying on the ground? Wording is somewhat imprecise.

#276 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostGreen1, on 03 September 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

About that TAG and NARC quest. Do you need to get a TAG/NARC kill or you need to TAG/NARC a destroyed mech laying on the ground? Wording is somewhat imprecise.

Your tag must be on the target when missiles destroy it: either your own Streaks or someone else's missiles.

Stealth tag is easy enough: just lase a dude when he can't see you, and preferably none of his team can see you.

#277 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:04 PM

Please don't ever challenge me to use 3rd person mode, ever, again. Unless of course you plan to "un-handicap" it for the duration of the challenge. And to offer one of the largest premium time bonuses on that portion of the challenge? What is wrong with you, PGI? This should've been called a "frustration" event, rather than a "challenge" event.

#278 Green1

• Pip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

I feel frustrated for having played that many rounds in 3rd person, finaly scoring it thirce but the fact not being registred. Injustice, screw that stupid BS.

#279 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Boy, this tag kill stuff was tricky. You'd think with these competitions degrading into LRM battles that it'd be easier. XD

#280 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:39 PM

loving it, very original and challenging, congrats!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users