#61 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 September 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Light AC5s kinda invalidate the AC10 though.

Speaking of which, I still wonder why they never made a Light AC/10. 9-10 tons, would've been great...

Anyways, I think that's more of an issue with the AC/10 than the LAC/5.

View PostFLG 01, on 06 September 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Already corrected it, meant the S2. Possible in MWO.

Okay then. Unfortunately, its hardpoint layout is another clone of the original X1 (just like the X2 is).

#62 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

Okay then. Unfortunately, its hardpoint layout is another clone of the original X1 (just like the X2 is).

Right, but still better than non-canon variants in my book (not to mention different quirks, LB-10X quirks e.g.). And will get non-canon variants for variety. We will certainly get a variant based on the L1 to make room for the AC/20 in the arm.

I would prefer it if we simply got the L1 with the LFE and the LB-20X, so that finally new tech is entering MWO, but I doubt that PGI agrees...

Edited by FLG 01, 06 September 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#63 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

View Postjss78, on 06 September 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

but the 20+40 ton weight brackets are flooded with iconic 'mechs.

While I agree that there should be more than 1 of any mech per weight class, just how many 20-40 ton mechs are going to differ in loadout and be VIABLE in this game?

#64 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 06 September 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

While I agree that there should be more than 1 of any mech per weight class, just how many 20-40 ton mechs are going to differ in loadout and be VIABLE in this game?

Quirks would allow for that. Might be a bit hard though since people complain any time a light is halfway decent.

#65 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:45 PM

View Postdario03, on 06 September 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

Quirks would allow for that. Might be a bit hard though since people complain any time a light is halfway decent.

Our balancing overlords haven't given generous quirks in a long time, and the light class in particular has consistently had weaker quirks than any other weight class (excluding a few fringe cases like the Huginn and Oxide which have been nerfed for a long time).

#66 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

The BSW-L1 variant could mean we are finally gonna get the rest of the IS LBX family :)

#67 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

Our balancing overlords haven't given generous quirks in a long time, and the light class in particular has consistently had weaker quirks than any other weight class (excluding a few fringe cases like the Huginn and Oxide which have been nerfed for a long time).

When you ask for more quirks to make an underperforming mech good.

Edited by RestosIII, 06 September 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#68 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,767 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostKHETTI, on 06 September 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

The BSW-L1 variant could mean we are finally gonna get the rest of the IS LBX family Posted Image

We won't get the BSW-L1 until they add both LFEs and allow crit splitting because the LBX20 is 11 slots unless they started messing with criticals. Yes, that means under the current system, the IS LBX20 would both require a STD engine and only be able to be mounted in the torso, talk about disappointing.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 06 September 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#69 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 06 September 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Making up their own variants? Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit because that opens up pandora's box. What's to say they're not going to invent and introduce new mechs?

I would actually be fine with Alex designing a couple new mechs.

#70 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 September 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

We won't get the BSW-L1 until they add both LFEs and allow crit splitting because the LBX20 is 11 slots unless they started messing with criticals.

There is no crit splitting in MWO; see KGC: its AC/20s are splitted in TT, but in MWO they simply and completely in the arms. Same would apply to the -L1.
The bigger deal would be the LFE anyway.

Edited by FLG 01, 06 September 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#71 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,767 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 06 September 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

There is no crit splitting in MWO; see KGC: its AC/20s are splitted in TT, but in MWO they simply and completely in the arms.

That was my point.....

Same would apply to the -L1.

The difference is, to fit the LBX20, it would only have a shoulder actuator, no Upper Arm Actuator, which would break the rules. The reason they allowed the KGC to get away with it is because there are plenty of mechs with just the UAA and Shoulder. PGI is very hesitant to break any construction rules, if you need proof, just look at how the Mist Lynx still has the locked AP and how long it took to get the head flamer on the Badder unlocked.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 06 September 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#72 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

There is no crit splitting in MWO; see KGC: its AC/20s are splitted in TT, but in MWO they simply and completely in the arms. Same would apply to the -L1.
The bigger deal would be the LFE anyway.

IIRC, the very first record sheet for the King Crab didn't have lower arm actuators, meaning that critsplitting wouldn't have been needed for the canon builds.

#73 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

View Postjss78, on 06 September 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

Not really excited.

Here's a scientific representation of what the current problem is. I'll buy anything that addresses this (or is a Crusader).

Edit: I'd understand this if there were no options, but the 20+40 ton weight brackets are flooded with iconic 'mechs.

Posted Image

That chart seems to be in error.

I would give my oath that the Clans have only fifteen 50 ton mechs in three chassis (including the Huntsman). While the Inner Sphere has 25 spread across nine. Yet this chart has the Clans with eight, and the Inner Sphere but five.

#74 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 06 September 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

That chart seems to be in error.

I would give my oath that the Clans have only fifteen 50 ton mechs in three chassis (including the Huntsman). While the Inner Sphere has 25 spread across nine. Yet this chart has the Clans with eight, and the Inner Sphere but five.

I think the issue is that the Clan part of the chart is stacked on top of the IS part rather than starting at the baseline.

Also, I think the graph is more about recently announced preorder grabdeals rather than the total pool of old in-game mechs.

#75 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

I like the bush. gigity! I'm also up for any new is light mech alex does. I'd buy both for xmas next year when I get the funds.

#76 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

So where are the light gauss and rotary autocannons to put on this sweet sweet mech?

#77 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

I think the issue is that the Clan part of the chart is stacked on top of the IS part rather than starting at the baseline.

Also, I think the graph is more about recently announced preorder grabdeals rather than the total pool of old in-game mechs.

Yup, it's a stacked graph, meant to show the IS+Clan sum, and what it's made up of.

I simply too all chassis currently on smurfy and whatever's been announced on top of that (and the Bushwacker).

#78 Dingo Battler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

If this came out before the ED nonsense, might be the first IS medium I'll ever buy, but at this moment, nah. ED too wonky to predict future meta, and I don't want a dud on my hand. Plus, its getting pretty sickening supporting this minimally viable product, only to get LRM maps and ED

Without the ED rubbish, I'll probably arm it with 2xSRM6s, 3xUAC5s, pretty sweet medium/brawl mech.

#79 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:20 PM

I am alone to find this new mech totally useless and dont care at all about it ? Posted Image

Wait i dont care about your opinions just buy a mech package guys.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 06 September 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#80 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:21 PM

Could have done the sling if they really need a light Mech. 25 tonner. Main con is only 2 varients but all current tech and variety and MAR 2C says they can make a dozen different hp varieties of they want. Could add one that carries instead of 3 lrm5s or 3 lasers an army of machine guns. Why not. It's not going to be meta but it'd sell from variety for... FW... Ok maybe Not. But 25 tons needs some lovin. Or more commando varients.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users