So It's The Bushwacker! Are You Going To Buy It Yes Or No, And Why Or Why Not?

BattleMechs

386 replies to this topic

#241 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 07 September 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

They would just ruin my wallet completely if they had the Mad Cat Mk II or anything else Diamond Shark related showed up. I'm just HOPING they don't do that so I can finally escape MW:O as a whale.

I'm still sitting here begging PGI to give us Armored Warfare style PvE and Unreal engine.

I can 100% see Paul and Russ deciding to shut down the servers and everything, and turn the website into just 1 video of them both giving the playerbase double middle fingers each while money rains down on them.

Lol don't even get me started on the Mad Cat MK II. That situation was handled so poorly and allowed to fester out of hand damaging the relationship between me and PGI to a point that can never fully recover. Yes some of the situation was self inflicted, but I mean if you knew the whole story and some do you be like. Wow! If just one blue post clarified some things back in Jan/Feb things may have been different.

I'll buy it for sure, but he missed his "You won't have to wait more than a year deadline!" That passed back in June/July.

Anyway back on topic... Why no one wants to buy this bottom barrel "nostalgia" cash grab DOA mech.

#242 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

I'm just gonna go ahead and call it the ammocrab now.

#243 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

View PostImperius, on 07 September 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Lol don't even get me started on the Mad Cat MK II. That situation was handled so poorly and allowed to fester out of hand damaging the relationship between me and PGI to a point that can never fully recover. Yes some of the situation was self inflicted, but I mean if you knew the whole story and some do you be like. Wow! If just one blue post clarified some things back in Jan/Feb things may have been different.

I'll buy it for sure, but he missed his "You won't have to wait more than a year deadline!" That passed back in June/July.

Anyway back on topic... Why no one wants to buy this bottom barrel "nostalgia" cash grab DOA mech.

The perfect answer to why most people won't buy it.
Posted Image

#244 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:00 PM

View PostZordicron, on 07 September 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

That is actually a valid concern I share. Nothing in the past few years has given me confidence to say "they would never do that". However, if HBS were to offer a buy out, it would give the trolls something to think about- to compare the weight of their ill-placed grudge vs the weight of the $ of fer.

i dunno. i secretly hope Russ is going to be like "yeah, PVE in 2 months *******, check out this playable beta!!" at mechcon. But I also feel like that would be nigh on a miracle coming from that espurts man.

Yup I've tried to say engine upgrade + PVE shows commitment to the product that we desperately have needed since Dec 2015. I already saw many signs of the consumer lacking faith in the direction and PGI's commitment of the game. Everyone just sees things as cash grabs because "the next big thing" was never announced back in Dec 2015 when CW phase 3 was finally done. E-sports was not a "big thing"and took zero development effort and the attendance tournament has had over 50% in drop outs making it a complete failure.

I'll be at MechCon are you attending?

Edited by Imperius, 07 September 2016 - 10:05 PM.

#245 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:10 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 September 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

They just announced the functional closure of FW. It's likely PGI is investing in a new game and keeping investment in MW:O to a minimum and hoping people buy mech packs anyway.

Eh, I didn't think it came off quite as drastic as you promoted... I will say the thing that pissed me off most was Phil trying to sneak is respawn agenda in... dear god, I wanted to falcon punch him in his throat they way he kept trying to weasel that in.

*smh*

Pretty sad when Phil's playing other games over his mics, and campaigning makes Russ look professional. Sorry you were bored by your own podcast there, Phil!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 September 2016 - 10:13 PM.

#246 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:30 PM

I like it. The Whacker is one of my TT mechs(Yeah I was the dumb kid who brought all the bad mechs and a ton of battle armors)

I bought the Viper basic pack as my last pack to buy. The Phoenix Hawk was so disappointing. Fun to drive,terrible to fight with.

Out of all the mechpacks this year,so far they've been disappointing,and I'm sad we haven't seen a light in ages. The Whacker should have come out much sooner(as in it should have come out shortly after we had the Vulture)

Honestly I'll wait for Cbills. I'm happy with my Hunchback it seems to do the same thing but with a better layout.

#247 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

Most likely no. Just a few months ago, I was saying, "If the Bushwacker comes out, I WILL buy it." PGI likes to make a liar out of me.

As cool as the Bushwacker is, I see no point to buying mechs if there is nothing to do in the game. It is like have a motorboat in a swimming pool.

#248 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:41 PM

I was gonna strictly for Nostalgia purposes till I saw some artwork on the facebook page...They have hand actuators on the cannon arm.

I dont recall these having hand actuators. that means upper/lower arm actuators, and No ac20s. It would basically be just a crappy Dragon then, since my planned builds where going to be AC20/meds/SRM6es with as big of an XL and Endo as I Could cram but if it cant even carry an AC20 in its gun arm, then nope.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Eh, I didn't think it came off quite as drastic as you promoted... I will say the thing that pissed me off most was Phil trying to sneak is respawn agenda in... dear god, I wanted to falcon punch him in his throat they way he kept trying to weasel that in.

*smh*

Pretty sad when Phil's playing other games over his mics, and campaigning makes Russ look professional. Sorry you were bored by your own podcast there, Phil!

Respawns in MWO? That would actually be a fun gametype like MW4 Mektek TDM matches. Pick your ride, go murder things till one team wins.

#249 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:43 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 07 September 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

I was gonna strictly for Nostalgia purposes till I saw some artwork on the facebook page...They have hand actuators on the cannon arm.

I dont recall these having hand actuators. that means upper/lower arm actuators, and No ac20s. It would basically be just a crappy Dragon then, since my planned builds where going to be AC20/meds/SRM6es with as big of an XL and Endo as I Could cram but if it cant even carry an AC20 in its gun arm, then nope.

well, your recollection is wrong, sadly. Or based off of MW4 which confuses a lot of people since they stripped the hands off of pretty much everything....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

but MW4,
Posted Image
yeah no hand.

#250 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:44 PM

View PostImperius, on 07 September 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

MadcatMK2 situation?

Someone fill me in. Was my baby promised and not delivered? Because that mech and the Fafnir (if heavy gauss isnt gimped when it arrives) where on my instant buy lists.

#251 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:44 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 07 September 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

Since PGI is probably going to end up making-up 4-5 imaginary make-believe variants, they'll probably make one without the arm-actuators that allows equipping an AC20.

#252 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

well, your recollection is wrong, sadly. Or based off of MW4 which confuses a lot of people since they stripped the hands off of pretty much everything....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

but MW4,
Posted Image
yeah no hand.

That'ts a negative gold leader Wallet returning to formation and entering holding pattern.

Thank you for saving me about 40 bucks sir 07!

#253 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:46 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 07 September 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

Respawns in MWO? That would actually be a fun gametype like MW4 Mektek TDM matches. Pick your ride, go murder things till one team wins.

fun for some people. Oppisite of fun for others.

Daeron made a good point in at least with the current FW/QP set up, both sides get to play what style they prefer.

#254 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:47 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 07 September 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

Since PGI is probably going to end up making-up 4-5 imaginary make-believe variants, they'll probably make one without the arm-actuators that allows equipping an AC20.

I'm not buying a whole mech pack for 1 mech that will run my preferred config. If the (S) or hero cant at least mount something Decent, nope. Hell the only reason I got the standard cyclops pack was because the hero comes with dual gauss, my bread and butter weapons.

#255 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 07 September 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

I'm not buying a whole mech pack for 1 mech that will run my preferred config. If the (S) or hero cant at least mount something Decent, nope. Hell the only reason I got the standard cyclops pack was because the hero comes with dual gauss, my bread and butter weapons.

Full META or bust, eh?
Posted Image

#256 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

fun for some people. Oppisite of fun for others.

Daeron made a good point in at least with the current FW/QP set up, both sides get to play what style they prefer.

Like I said. Gametype. They should really re add the option of opting out of gametypes so poeple dont get stuck in modes they dont like...

Like Conquest. I bloody HATE conquest, And domination. but I'd check that Team DM box in a HEARTBEAT and go have a nice long match where death is not the end all, be all, but efficiency. Honestly they gimped themselves with the vote system.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 07 September 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

Full META or bust, eh?
Posted Image

Well. I used to like UAC5's on my mauler.

That got nerfed. (cause autocannons on a mauler are Too meta and OP right?)

I'm a ranged fighter, so I use weapons good at range.

PPCS are ***.

Lasers are due to get nerfed, so my only option is gauss rifles.

Edited by xXBagheeraXx, 07 September 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#257 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:01 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 07 September 2016 - 10:52 PM, said:

Like I said. Gametype. They should really re add the option of opting out of gametypes so poeple dont get stuck in modes they dont like...

Like Conquest. I bloody HATE conquest, And domination. but I'd check that Team DM box in a HEARTBEAT and go have a nice long match where death is not the end all, be all, but efficiency. Honestly they gimped themselves with the vote system.

Well. I used to like UAC5's on my mauler.

That got nerfed. (cause autocannons on a mauler are Too meta and OP right?)

I'm a ranged fighter, so I use weapons good at range.

PPCS are ***.

Lasers are due to get nerfed, so my only option is gauss rifles.

Dont worry, the brilliance that is ED will make PPCs necessary again.

#258 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:17 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 07 September 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

Dont worry, the brilliance that is ED will make PPCs necessary again.

Honestly, I never stopped using PPCs. Heck, the only reason I use the Warhammer is because of the PPCs in the arms.

#259 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:24 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 07 September 2016 - 11:17 PM, said:

Honestly, I never stopped using PPCs. Heck, the only reason I use the Warhammer is because of the PPCs in the arms.

Good. Good for you. You'll make Bishop happy.

However the tryhard competitive meta crowd shakes their head patronizingly at you.

#260 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:27 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 07 September 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

MadcatMK2 situation?

Someone fill me in. Was my baby promised and not delivered? Because that mech and the Fafnir (if heavy gauss isnt gimped when it arrives) where on my instant buy lists.

Back in Feb I was name dropped, told "don't worry your mech is coming soon™" didn't even make the 90 days mark. It's now September it was mentioned again for sure you'll see it in 2017.

I'm like efff off I'm not going to believe **** till it has a buy button but at this point I'm even on the fence because I feel it's a cash grab and close shop mech.

Btw pretty sure you trolled in my MK II threads I'm not gonna check but my memory is pretty good.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users