So It's The Bushwacker! Are You Going To Buy It Yes Or No, And Why Or Why Not?

BattleMechs

386 replies to this topic

#181 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Posted Image
wish he'd based it more off this version

Me to, now I can see an Ostscout, and good art there

#182 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

I won't
I didn't used it in MW3 nor MW4
and in here, i use Clan Mechs and for sure, if there is not getting in some content that is worth to play for, i am not more then a guest at some freaking days anymore.

#183 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:01 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 07 September 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

This would make them too bad compared to just stacking ERMLs.

perhaps, they're supposed to be short range battering rams. Sometimes I think what needs to be done...is actually IDK.. use them like they were implemented. I'd rather see em limited in range, with a real minor CoF, nasty high heat, but a relatively low burn time.

End of the day, we probably will never have them though, so don't see any reason to actually spend brain juice on them.

Wanna Buy A (Made Up) MechPack?

View PostCathy, on 07 September 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

Me to, now I can see an Ostscout, and good art there

you and me both. Personally, I always combined it with the Project Phoenix version.... I liked the result.

Might have to see if I can dig my version out....

#184 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:02 PM

now had it been a Crusader, the ultimate pack, would have been bought in seconds.

Hope P.G.I are taking note ;-)

#185 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

perhaps, they're supposed to be short range battering rams. Sometimes I think what needs to be done...is actually IDK.. use them like they were implemented. I'd rather see em limited in range, with a real minor CoF, nasty high heat, but a relatively low burn time.

Problem with high heat is this really hampers their short range ability, especially with flamers on brawlers actually being a thing, so range is kind of needed unless heat is lowered significantly on them.

#186 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

Does it come with new equipment? New weapons? A more steady frame rate? If yes, then sure, if no, then nope.

#187 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

perhaps, they're supposed to be short range battering rams. Sometimes I think what needs to be done...is actually IDK.. use them like they were implemented.

450m isn't short range, it's medium range (as denoted by medium range missiles).

#188 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 September 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

450m isn't short range, it's medium range (as denoted by medium range missiles).

with a +1 to hit penalty built in. Meaning to hit something at said range, was a +5 to hit on 2d6. Doesn't sound like they were meant to be used at that range, for 18 ht, all that much to me. But what the hell do I know?

*shrugs*

#189 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

with a +1 to hit penalty built in. Meaning to hit something at said range, was a +5 to hit on 2d6. Doesn't sound like they were meant to be used at that range, for 18 ht, all that much to me. But what the hell do I know?

*shrugs*

Them being short range fits the Clan philosophy, which honestly sounds more like PUG or bad player philosophies that hate poking and think we should just brawl/rush at each other every match.

#190 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 07 September 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Them being short range fits the Clan philosophy, which honestly sounds more like PUG or bad player philosophies that hate poking and think we should just brawl/rush at each other every match.

well, suffice it to say, whether believable, or well, silly Space Mongol Hogwash, that is exactly the Clan Thought. Suffice ti to say, almost every "Clan" player in this community would be "Dezgra", lol.

But that was actually the entire intent in introducing them according to Randall Bills, to give the Clans weapons that fit their mythos better than the uber long range, super sniper guns of the original designs.

#191 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

well, suffice it to say, whether believable, or well, silly Space Mongol Hogwash, that is exactly the Clan Thought. Suffice ti to say, almost every "Clan" player in this community would be "Dezgra", lol.

But that was actually the entire intent in introducing them according to Randall Bills, to give the Clans weapons that fit their mythos better than the uber long range, super sniper guns of the original designs.

Which is partially why I wish Mechwarrior would've taken a bit more liberties with them and made them more true to their mythos considering even the BT guys admitted they screwed up and tried to "correct" that a bit with future tech.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 07 September 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#192 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 07 September 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

Which is partially why I wish Mechwarrior would've taken a bit more liberties with them and made them more true to their original design considering even the BT guys admitted they screwed up and tried to "correct" that a bit with future tech.

yeah, you and me both... but even though I am a Lore Grognard, I'm pretty mild compared to the QQ that would have caused. That probably would have been a game breaker, sadly, amongst the close minded Lore Elite. Same reason they never just rebooted the game in TT even though realistically it really could use it.

I mean their is a reason the MadCat only had 6 reloads for it's LRMs... they were supposed ot be used while the warrior closed, not for the warrior to sit back and LRM away. Even the famous "fire support" Heavy, the Vulture, was not really meant for that... it's was meant to likewise bring it's pulse lasers to bear.

I would have loved to have seen TBRs using hvy LLs, and when they needed to cool down, supplement them with MPLS and MGs, etc. But I'm certainly in the minority crowd on that.

#193 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Same reason they never just rebooted the game in TT even though realistically it really could use it.

Honestly Mechwarrior is the best chance we have at ever seeing a sort of reboot of which a new version of TT could potentially follow. It does definitely need it, though I already know there would be a disagreement between the two of us on which direction that would take, the more modern era of jihad (where armies are large) or the 3025 mechs are super rare era.

Granted I still want to say the Dark Age was meant to be a spiritual reboot trying to appeal to the 3025 fans (return to the mechs are super rare era), it just happened to do it in all the wrong ways (and was definitely misguided).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 07 September 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#194 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

Will I put money down for the Bushwacker? I honestly don't know. I mean I am a nut job who really enjoys the Phoenix Hawk 1B for harassment with 1 ERPPC and 3 ML. Hell most of the mechs I enjoy according to metamechs are T3 for their weight class or lower, statistics of mech performances on leaderboards show the mechs I like are generally below average or bad so maybe the Bushwacker is the 55 ton mech for me. I say this due to the Wolverine feels weird in MWO which is sad since I enjoy it on TT, the Griffin just doesn't click with me after over a year of trying with it. IDK, the Bushwacker X2 with UAC5, 2SRM4's, and 2ML with a 275 standard engine feels like a slightly heavier crab which to me would work just fine.

I'll have to see what load outs PGI offers with it, I know I likely won't be ever using that left arm though since it doesn't canonically have a laser there and I find missiles feel weird when in arms.

So I am on the fence for the BSW, might drop $20 for the basic pack, but, heroes generally aren't my thing unless they bring something really interesting to the table.

Really wish we had gotten the Assassin or Champion instead, those two I would have dropped $20 on immediately.

#195 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

By my unscientific count, there are 5-6 'yes' answers, a couple of 'maybes' and a whole bunch of 'no' answers to the OP question.

Many of the 'no' answers cite general unhappiness with PGI's game direction in some form. A few cite the choice of 'mech.

I suspect the Crusader would sell better, but there will still be a significant number of unhappy players.

Perhaps PGI should re-release their road map for the next few months and include more details on how they intend to fix CW and the generally stale state of MWO - their playerbase does not seem at all pleased at this point.

Oh, yes, and I won't be buying a Bushwacker either. Like Bishop, I'm keenly interesting in 'mechs that can get dual use with the upcoming HBS title, and I'm not a Bushwacker fan in the slightest.

#196 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 07 September 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

Honestly Mechwarrior is the best chance we have at ever seeing a sort of reboot of which a new version of TT could potentially follow. It does definitely need it, though I already know there would be a disagreement between the two of us on which direction that would take, the more modern era of jihad (where armies are large) or the 3025 mechs are super rare era.

Granted I still want to say the Dark Age was meant to be a spiritual reboot trying to appeal to the 3025 fans (return to the mechs are super rare era), it just happened to do it in all the wrong ways (and was definitely misguided).

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 07 September 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well, I admit, the appeal of the IP to me has always been the Mad Max meets WWII decaying post apocalyptic , feel. Tank Girl, Fallout, etc. I don't really find myself drawn to armies of gleaming mechs marching across the field, like the 3050s and beyond. I feel the Clans could have been introduced into a more 3025ish setting had they been designed right from the get go. (Which would have seen their power level more akin to the SLDF royals, since with their own civil war and lack of actual trained engineers and scientists and such in the Exodus, it realyl doesn't make sense for them to be THAT much more advanced, imo.)

But that's just me.

View PostMalleus011, on 07 September 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

By my unscientific count, there are 5-6 'yes' answers, a couple of 'maybes' and a whole bunch of 'no' answers to the OP question.

Many of the 'no' answers cite general unhappiness with PGI's game direction in some form. A few cite the choice of 'mech.

I suspect the Crusader would sell better, but there will still be a significant number of unhappy players.

Perhaps PGI should re-release their road map for the next few months and include more details on how they intend to fix CW and the generally stale state of MWO - their playerbase does not seem at all pleased at this point.

Oh, yes, and I won't be buying a Bushwacker either. Like Bishop, I'm keenly interesting in 'mechs that can get dual use with the upcoming HBS title, and I'm not a Bushwacker fan in the slightest.

Well, to be fair, people are more likely to take the time to post if dissatisfied, than if happy or content. So barring a simple "Yes/No" Poll everyone has to click on to access the client, I don't think we can remotely guess at the representative accuracy of our little sample base.

#197 Livestick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

Nope. Maybe when it comes out for C-Bills. At this point, new mechs are basically just skins and I can't justify spending real money on that sort of thing.

#198 Dingo Battler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

no. because of ED.

#199 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Posted Image
wish he'd based it more off this version

Heh, it's like an evolved urbie.

#200 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 September 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

Well, I admit, the appeal of the IP to me has always been the Mad Max meets WWII decaying post apocalyptic , feel. Tank Girl, Fallout, etc. I don't really find myself drawn to armies of gleaming mechs marching across the field, like the 3050s and beyond. I feel the Clans could have been introduced into a more 3025ish setting had they been designed right from the get go. (Which would have seen their power level more akin to the SLDF royals, since with their own civil war and lack of actual trained engineers and scientists and such in the Exodus, it realyl doesn't make sense for them to be THAT much more advanced, imo.)

But that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the apocalyptic feel of games like Fallout or maybe the mad max appeal of Borderlands (still making my way through survival mode of Fallout 4 while not playing in the tourney), I honestly wouldn't mind both having universes/games that I could play in, I just feel like the apocalyptic universe has better appeal as a single player game than as a F2P arena shooter (outside of maybe 4v4 battles); but like I said, I get the appeal of both.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users