Anyone Sick Of The Lurmageddon Yet?

165 replies to this topic

#61 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:36 AM

View PostDr Hobo, on 07 September 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

I kinda miss it..It was fun playing dodge the lawn dart in my Locust.

Locust?
RadarDerp?

In the time there was real lrm-armageddon, there was no locust and no radarderp,
just ams and cover and all the maps were dark from lrms blocking the sun.
And if you survived it, you dont need more then ams and cover.

RadarDerp is a crutch, one if not the only module you can compensate with skill.

Edit:
About the cover:
I mean real cover, multifloorbuildings, this things you call cover now would not block the real lrm-armageddon.
They had near 90 degress flight correction, with a little skill and luck you could hit the enemy in front of you in his back with lrms.
Think about comic-missiles that are sniffing around and finding you under a rock or in a dumbster ...

Edited by Kroete, 08 September 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#62 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostKroete, on 08 September 2016 - 12:36 AM, said:

Locust?
RadarDerp?

In the time there was real lrm-armageddon, there was no locust and no radarderp,
just ams and cover and all the maps were dark from lrms blocking the sun.
And if you survived it, you dont need more then ams and cover.

RadarDerp is a crutch, one if not the only module you can compensate with skill.

I'm talking about the more recent one. Back when they oopsed with how LRMs were spread.

But the old Lurmageddon you could do it with a Commando and plenty of cover.

#63 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostDr Hobo, on 08 September 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

I'm talking about the more recent one. Back when they oopsed with how LRMs were spread.

But the old Lurmageddon you could do it with a Commando and plenty of cover.

If you would not be killed by the centertorsoseeking ssrms we had in the old times. ;)

#64 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

View PostKroete, on 08 September 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

If you would not be killed by the centertorsoseeking ssrms we had in the old times. Posted Image

Shhhh hush little Commando. The SplatPults can't hurt you anymore...

#65 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:00 AM

View PostTibbnak, on 07 September 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

but suddenly you have to actually be part of the combat rather than someone out in the back.

But suyddenly your role would be less of support than theyre supposed to be

#66 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:46 AM

Salty tier two tears are the best tears.

Seriously, complaining about 'noob tubes', get a grip, it's a weapon system that's pretty much unique to Battletech, and the MWO implementation is easy to reduce, avoid, and workaround.

Skill up and stop standing in the rain.

#67 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:52 AM

You lost me at "noob tube"

I'm just gonna go with get guud.

#68 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:02 AM

I can't stand ECM and mechs that move over 100kph. How dare they hide and use speed to dodge shots fired at them As the immortal Hope Solo said, "Cowards"

But on a serious note, I use an LRM Mauler just to aggravate people like you. I even have a theme song :

https://youtu.be/gkTb9GP9lVI

#69 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:02 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 07 September 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

You guys remember 8v8? When "lurmageddon" wasn't a term? Yeah, the good old days.

If my memory serves me correctly, the "original" lurmageddon occured during 8v8?
The light rain we currently are experiencing on certain maps does not come close,...
Posted Image

Edited by PyckenZot, 08 September 2016 - 06:02 AM.

#70 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:04 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

Its very boring, and very hard to play brawlers in such and environment.

It's harder to play as a Lurmer on maps like Crimson Strait, HPG and Mining Collective, but you don't see us in tears when the vote goes that way.

#71 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:20 AM

View PostPyckenZot, on 08 September 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

If my memory serves me correctly, the "original" lurmageddon occured during 8v8?
The light rain we currently are experiencing on certain maps does not come close,...
Posted Image

OG lurmagheedon was when Artemis missiles dropped back in closed beta I belive. The ARtemis missiles flew on higher arcs then dropped straight down on your head. It was absolutely BRUTAL.

#72 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:23 AM

View PostDogstar, on 08 September 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

Salty tier two tears are the best tears.

Seriously, complaining about 'noob tubes', get a grip, it's a weapon system that's pretty much unique to Battletech, and the MWO implementation is easy to reduce, avoid, and workaround.

Skill up and stop standing in the rain.

There is only so much you can do when half of your team gets annihilated by LRM and narcing lights while standing under UAVs after half of them were chasing down a Locust into a completely exposed area, again narced and under UAV. Sure, completely my fault buddy.

#73 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 September 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

Stop using the word "Lurmageddon". While this event did feature more than the usual number of LRM boats, you haven't been in the real Lurmageddon, back when a single LRM had the potential to do 9 damage spread over 5 sections, and the missiles had descending angle of almost 90 degrees. Saying this event is Lurmageddon is like comparing a removal of a small splinter from your finger to open heart surgery.

Kids these days. Think they know all about combat with their fancy nightvision, mag scopes, 30 round clips and winter fatigues... When we were their age we had to crawl a mile uphill both ways through foot-deep mud to get to our posts!

#74 BadgerBeard

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:37 AM

View PostRadbane, on 08 September 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

It's harder to play as a Lurmer on maps like Crimson Strait, HPG and Mining Collective, but you don't see us in tears when the vote goes that way.

Personally I always vote for HPG when driving a Lurm boat. Not sure why but I get some of the best games on that map.I'm guessing that a lot of people think lrm's are useless there and pay less attention to the warnings.

Ecm snipers on the walls in particular seem to ignore the warnings, completely oblivious to the fact you don't actually need a lock to hit with missiles. They get upset about that at times...to the point I've been accused of hacking.

I don't play at high tier though so I'm guessing that more experienced players will make such tactics obsolete.

#75 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostBadgerBeard, on 08 September 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

Ecm snipers on the walls in particular seem to ignore the warnings, completely oblivious to the fact you don't actually need a lock to hit with missiles. They get upset about that at times...to the point I've been accused of hacking.

The thing about dumb-firing LRMs is most people have no reason to believe that missiles are coming to them if they don't hear Betty scream "WARNING: INCOMING MISSILE" and it doesn't hit them that those missiles streaking in their direction could have been dumb-fired at them and they don't move. Heck, a lot of people don't even realize that LRMs can be dumb-fired in the manner. I've gotten kills with LRMs before against an enemy that was critical and my lasers were on cooldown and I had no lock and just dumbfired my LRMs at them.

Edited by Mole, 08 September 2016 - 06:46 AM.

#76 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 08 September 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

OG lurmagheedon was when Artemis missiles dropped back in closed beta I belive. The ARtemis missiles flew on higher arcs then dropped straight down on your head. It was absolutely BRUTAL.

Yep that's the one. Closed beta,... damn I'm getting old. There was no cover back then, indeed! The only good thing about missiles with that patch were the twirling trails,...

#77 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostMole, on 08 September 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

The thing about dumb-firing LRMs is most people have no reason to believe that missiles are coming to them if they don't hear Betty scream "WARNING: INCOMING MISSILE" and it doesn't hit them that those missiles streaking in their direction could have been dumb-fired at them and they don't move. Heck, a lot of people don't even realize that LRMs can be dumb-fired in the manner. I've gotten kills with LRMs before against an enemy that was critical and my lasers were on cooldown and I had no lock and just dumbfired my LRMs at them.

Few kills are sweeter than dumb-fire LRM kills on shut down, hastely repowering but already doomed mechs! Killing oblivious snipers in that fashion is a close second. Posted Image

Edited by PyckenZot, 08 September 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#78 Darksoul719

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:42 AM

The only lurmaggendon i will acknowledge is the original one where the sky would be blotted out by lurms and the ridiculous missile arc and getting cored out in the back from the front CT. That was hell games were won based on who had more lrms or who could get under the minimum range first.

#79 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:37 AM

The LRMaggedon is so bad I'm considering driving an Atlas K

Just kidding kids, friends dont let friends pilot the Atlas K

#80 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

It does get a bit harder to level short range builds, when the noobs with tubes keep voting polar highlands, alpine and frozen city all the time.

I thought the lurmage would have toned down now that the event is over?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users