#81 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

really sick to the stomach. Not only do they boat noob tubes, plus many narcs. I don't mind getting banged up a bit, but its getting a bit tiring of having to constantly duck lurms

The main issue is that these nubs keep voting in alpine and polar, the 2 most boring walkfests, in hopes that their noob tubes will kill something (ha!)

I'm trying to level up my brawling atlas, but will never touch a noob tube on principle.

really sucks, and I hate it.

Noob tube.... haha. Ok I'll sure bring as many LRM to the battle as possible to annoy the living bejazzes out of haters and those who cant counter the weakly Lurms.
Finally someone who you came up against uses lrm and narcs with coordination and you call it noobtube?! Thats one of the few ways to properly lurm. That and have the target less than 500m from you.
Gotta admit though. LRM are NOT for everyone, its and extreme end sort of weapons. Either terrible or darn good. Depends on who uses it.

Edited by Tordin, 08 September 2016 - 10:09 AM.

#82 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

LRMs are the worst weapons in the game. They are useless if the enemy brought ECM, near useless if they brought AMS or know the territory (seeking cover or ruining your lock; instantly with RadarDerp). The only thing that kinda helps against some of the above is a UAV and these usually get destroyed in seconds once you reach Tier 2-3. On top of this, they do little or no damage at all, if the enemy is close enough (I love seeing LRM-only mechs, with my Locust, it's like stealing candy from 5 year olds, without having a guilty conscience).

Yes, the last event was pretty LRM-Heavy (I actually enjoyed that for a change, a tag wasn't a wasted ton), but it's over and even if the event started a lasting trend to NARC and Tag, there's really not much of a reason to make the LRMs even worse.

#83 TheMisled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLocked in a brawl with another mech on some distant planet.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:13 AM

The most recent Lurmageddon experience I had was in this match: http://plays.tv/vide...t-bs-?from=user. After I say the missiles start flying I just gave up and watched assaults get liquidised beneath the torrent of missiles.

I'm not saying they're OP or that they're underpowered but I do think that the way LRMs work needs to be changed for more reasons than they're simply irritating (more so because of the style of gameplay that it promotes).

Edited by e1itegamerpro, 08 September 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#84 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:18 AM

View PostThor Sten, on 08 September 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

LRMs are the worst weapons in the game. They are useless if the enemy brought ECM, near useless if they brought AMS or know the territory (seeking cover or ruining your lock; instantly with RadarDerp). The only thing that kinda helps against some of the above is a UAV and these usually get destroyed in seconds once you reach Tier 2-3. On top of this, they do little or no damage at all, if the enemy is close enough (I love seeing LRM-only mechs, with my Locust, it's like stealing candy from 5 year olds, without having a guilty conscience).

Yes, the last event was pretty LRM-Heavy (I actually enjoyed that for a change, a tag wasn't a wasted ton), but it's over and even if the event started a lasting trend to NARC and Tag, there's really not much of a reason to make the LRMs even worse.

They really need to tighten the spread alot, at least that.

The LRM 15 get LRM 5 spread and LRM 20 get lrm 10 spread. Also more velocity and maybe a few other adjustments.

#85 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

really sick to the stomach. Not only do they boat noob tubes, plus many narcs. I don't mind getting banged up a bit, but its getting a bit tiring of having to constantly duck lurms

The main issue is that these nubs keep voting in alpine and polar, the 2 most boring walkfests, in hopes that their noob tubes will kill something (ha!)

I'm trying to level up my brawling atlas, but will never touch a noob tube on principle.

Maybe you should learn to play against LRMs, instead of spending time whining on the forums about them.

This thread topic is new and refreshing, btw.

#86 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

View Poste1itegamerpro, on 08 September 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

[...]I do think that the way LRMs work needs to be changed for more reasons than they're simply irritating (more so because of the style of gameplay that it promotes).

Make lrms direct fire only, no arc, increase damage to 1.5, tighten 15 and 20 a little and make them use streak code. Done. Fixed. Lrmageddon over.

#87 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:29 AM

HA, no seriously quite your whine.

If you can't figure out how to play against LRMs than it is you that is the nub.

As for a no skill weapon yes mostly unless you are effing epic and understand that the LRMs activate at 180m so you can indirect fire them. Now this only works excellently on a handful of mechs but I have gotten kills from zero lock and just lobbing them. Then called a cheater even by my own teammates because most of the player base are either scrubs with no knowledge or no skill.

Right now you seem to be both for not understanding the basics of avoiding LRMs.

Yes, I am being rude and an ***** but I am tired of misinformation and COD kiddies thinking they are some special snowflake and LRMs are lame. If I have LRMs on my Stalkers and I hit Crimson guess what I am still pounding out damage in the tunnel since the extremely firing arc works.

See you in game getting pounded by my up close LRMs,

#88 FuhNuGi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 182 posts
  • LocationMendocino California

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

Wow! Thanks for telling me your current build... a big slow moving target unable to return fire on me on the long range maps.

You just became #1 on my LRM target practice hit parade.

"What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" - BSG

But seriously, LRMs are easy enough to avoid, cover from and react to. Due to spread, and the amount of armor you are packing, LRMs should not be a serious threat to you, especially if you twist to distribute the damage better.

Your problem may come more from being spotted and locked and becoming a target of multiple mechs.
Keep an eye on your positioning and keep trying.

#89 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:46 PM

I'm sorry I molested you with my 'I'm gonna touch your butt' lights.

Also sorry not sorry if I've molested you with my missile boats. Or if you fought my lance of quad missile boats(2 clams 2 IS).

It was quite funny when I had a match in that lance where we stalemated about a 1/3rd of the enemy team on Terra Therma with straight up missile boats all focus firing.

Stuff just melted in front of us.

LRM's aren't noobtubes. Noobtube implies it gives a noob a better chance against a skilled opponent. Missiles require vast amounts of skill to be properly deployed and do decent damage.

I.e if I want a surefire chance of hitting you I want to be at most 500M away from you,with open ground,and preferably a TAG and NARC on you. I want to make sure I'm above you too so my missiles fall on you. I don't want to hit you when you're above me or in areas with high cover. I have to make sure I have a command console to decrease my lock time,i want to make sure I have the target retention and Artemis.Plus I need absurd amounts of ammo so I'm also a walking ammo rack explosion waiting to happen the second a Cheeto or other squirrel gets near me,

There is no weapon system in MWO that requires so much just to be somewhat viable compared to ERLL,Gauss and ERPPC(even these are kinda dodgy)

#90 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 07 September 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

People complained about high pinpoint damage, so they nerfed the crap out of gauss and PPCs.

Then they complained about lurms, so they reduced their reload time and increased spread.

Then it was high laser alphas, so now we have all this power draw BS.

What is next? Autocannons that actually heal your enemies?

That would absolutely make my day :)

#91 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:38 AM

You use a Brawler Atlas ?!take the DDC with ECM , Radar Dep. AMS ,use Cover and wait of the Push from the enemy and Coverfire from the own Team ... not walk stupid like a God over the Field

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 26 October 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#92 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:55 AM

who like their own posts?

#93 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:05 AM

Lurmageddon,...

Sigh!

Posted Image

#94 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:47 AM

View PostWolf Kiarsen, on 26 October 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Maybe you should give some advice on how to do that instead of name calling.

Its like asking for advice to breath. Inhale then exhale. There is no magic really, lurms need lock to hit you, as long as you dont have to stop to aim you should be fine. Breaking that lock is only hard if the enemy actually uses teamplay. If they do, you loose, **** happens, enemy was superior. If they dont and you die to some solo lurmers, then either you were unlucky or, if it happens very often, you are really bad at this game.

Edited some sense into this baby.

Edited by Kotzi, 26 October 2016 - 03:55 AM.

#95 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:54 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

its a walkfest. 5 minutes before first engagement, then people either lurm each other or poke with lasers for another 5, before one side pokes harder, get a few kills, then the winning side pours in and slaughters everyone. Pretty much the most boring and annoying style of play. None of the 50 or so polar/alpine games i've been in since the event has ended in less than 10 minutes.

Its very boring, and very hard to play brawlers in such and environment. possible, but very boring and very annoying. Almost a 10 minute wait till I fire my first shot.

With the lurmageddon event, these 2 maps has come out more often than any others.

plus, I have a feeling the noob tubers are voting in assault or skirmish, because my votes on conquest or domination has rarely won, and even those modes are marginally better.

So, your saying it is just like every single QP match.

#96 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:55 AM

The only times I die to lurms are:

1/ When I am going to die anyway, with me being the sole survivor facing a half dozen enemies closing on; or

2/ I'm trying to level a slow-moving Assault, the lurmtards got their choice of Polar Highlands up in the map vote, and an enemy Light runs behind and spots me for the noobs with tubes.

Generally LRMs are more of an irritant than a threat. That's why you don't see many very good players using them.

Edited by Appogee, 26 October 2016 - 04:02 AM.

#97 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:35 AM

lurmageddon you say???Only if Im in the match!!! Posted Image

#98 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:43 AM

Yes, I too am tired of LRMs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

LURMageddon? Seriously? Was this a satire thread? It has to be, right?

#100 M3560 35003663

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

People like OP are the reason why good stuff gets nerfed.

Keep whining OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users