Operation Frontline 2

468 replies to this topic

#341 MuzMuzMuz

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:56 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 September 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

Still noping out hard.

I'll say it again, several mercs, mainly NA timezone based (cuz they had the advantage and primetime when the event started) already got 3 bays with 3 assaults. total worth 17130 MC or 19185 MC depending which mech they got double. (okay, they get their 3rd at the end of the event hurr durr)

Clan and IS loyalists can get 2 bays and 2 mechs (thanks to the glitch) worth 12315 MC.
Clan Loyalists who can not "profit" from the glitch still get a bay and an exe worth 7500 MC.
IS Loyalists who can not "profit" from the glitch can "only" a bay and a zeus worth 4815 MC.

So you are basically telling me:

"It's okay that some mercs can get 19185 MC, while the majority of IS loyalist can only get 4815 MC. It's free so no chance for complaining (you filthy EU/OC IS loyalist scrubs)."

"Yeah, sucks to be an IS loyalist, but hey, how about you spend the MC your earned on some faction content to show of how stupid you are for sticking with a faction as a loyalist, after all you can get like half of a low res steiner first decal for 300 MC"

This is so fing hilarious. On an event which promotes Clan VS IS matches. The irony, the biting sarcasm.
If i wouldn't know better, i'd say PGI's troll level is far over 9000 by now.

This event in a nutshell

NA > EU/OC
MERCs > Loyalists
Clan > IS

You've been an early bird NA merc player? get all the stuff, take as much as you can carry.
You've been a filthy EU loyalist? Get the Zeus and don't complain, it's free after all!

I'm all for promoting Faction Play, i really like that mode. Also free stuff, yay. But god darn it not like this.
This event, i couldn't f this up any harder even if would want to.

Giving the amount of care loyalists have been recieving from pgi. No, i do not expect anything. Maybe some random sh..
like stuff most people already have or something utterly useless (vindi/hulagirl reference)
It's quite possible that we do not get anything at all, instead they take away some mechs and bays.

Pgi and loyalists? I'd say anthing goes..

Besided, PGI has shown this behavior in the past, completely taking a dump on a good part of the playerbase.

Loyality rewards:

"so you spent 300 dollar on MC? thanks, here is your consolation blackjack. If you'd excuse me and get out of the way, there is a guys who spent half of that money on clan preorder packs and i really have to give him 3 clan heavies. Because he's more worth then you.. you filthy MC buying scrub."

Posted Image

#342 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:40 AM

I don't know the demographic spread, but its a whopping 350 players *AT MOST* will end up with 3 mechs. The last one they won't get until the end.

Perhaps i should check the update b/c if a players earns both, they really don't need a "correction" only those that only earned one and got the wrong mech.

As far as value goes, from a loyalist perspective, the value disparity is at least partially mitigated by the fact that clan "cost of living" is higher than IS. So again, perhaps unfair between merc and loyalist, but the clan-IS gap may not be as bad due to.... inflation?

Edited by MovinTarget, 14 September 2016 - 05:09 AM.

#343 utopian201

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

What is the best way to get the KMDD for lights, scouting or invasion mode? I only need a few more

#344 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

View Postutopian201, on 14 September 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

What is the best way to get the KMDD for lights, scouting or invasion mode? I only need a few more

Scouting is generally easier, because this mode was designed specifically for lights and mediums. Besides, scouting matches are much shorter than invasion, and you'll usually spend less time in the queue (although that depends). Seeing that you are Clan, I would recommend bringing a streak Crow or a splat Crow, that's the easiest way to get a KMDD on a light. However, there are also a lot of lights in invasion matches these days, 'cause both sides now like bringing 100-ton assaults to FW (Atlases and King Crabs for the IS, Kodiaks for the Clans), and that pretty much forces you into bringing a light on one of the other waves. Usually you can expect the last or second-to-last wave to have quite a few lights.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 14 September 2016 - 07:25 AM.

#345 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

In theory it should be scouting but i did like 6 scout missions yesterday and only saw 1 light mech total out 24 possible. Maybe you will be luckier.

#346 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 14 September 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Ah, my bad. Disregard the previous comment, then Posted Image Still, I can't imagine why someone would actually pay 7500 MC (an equivalent of 25 mechbays, no less)

The Atlas AS7-RS(C) in my garage said the main reason is alcohol. (i still love that mech, tho)

Not sure if it is fixed by now but for me almost all KMDD on lights on scoutmode did not register for the challenge.
I'd try my luck and go for invasion mode instead. (it actually helps if you spray damage over them while they're derping around, most lights get killed from a ct alpha when they shutdown or lose a leg. But you didn't got that from me, kay?)

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 September 2016 - 04:40 AM, said:

I don't know the demographic spread, but its a whopping 350 players *AT MOST* will end up with 3 mechs.
As far as value goes, from a loyalist perspective, the value disparity is at least partially mitigated by the fact that clan "cost of living" is higher than IS. So again, perhaps unfair between merc and loyalist, but the clan-IS gap may not be as bad due to.... inflation?

It's not so much about that 350 get something extra (honestly, good for you guys!) it's about the perception of all the other players.

As far as "true" value goes, agreed, difficult to pin down. I'd go with MC value because it directly links to real life currency.
The zeus might be cheaper but it's a pretty derp mech overall. You gotta spend c-bills for upgrades (since it comes with ferro-fibrous instead of endo-steel, that's like 1mil c-bills to invest? Then again it features an xl320 which is not the best but a rather useful engine to have. The executioner could need omnipods which are rather expensive, but it comes with an uac20 worth almost a million c-bills. And i'm not starting about the usability of both mechs. I'd say MC is a good indicator about the value of a mech.

#347 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 14 September 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

It's not so much about that 350 get something extra (honestly, good for you guys!) it's about the perception of all the other players.

As far as "true" value goes, agreed, difficult to pin down. I'd go with MC value because it directly links to real life currency.
The zeus might be cheaper but it's a pretty derp mech overall. You gotta spend c-bills for upgrades (since it comes with ferro-fibrous instead of endo-steel, that's like 1mil c-bills to invest? Then again it features an xl320 which is not the best but a rather useful engine to have. The executioner could need omnipods which are rather expensive, but it comes with an uac20 worth almost a million c-bills. And i'm not starting about the usability of both mechs. I'd say MC is a good indicator about the value of a mech.

But they are still apples to oranges, you can say this is more expensive than the Zeus, sure, but that's because it has the engine, Ferro, and Endo all locked in already... if you were looking to give them a pure dollar value equivalent, you might as well give them a heavy... Or should we?

Let's see the 9S2 sells for ~4500MC...

How about a Timber? oops no, still ~6k MC

A Summoner? nope ~5.5k MC is still grossly unfair right?

Hellbringer? 5k MC (but we are getting closer...)

Hey, 3 out of four Mad Dogs are worth more than the Zeus at 20 tons LESS

So if we wanted it to be MC value balance, you'd be looking at giving the Clanners a 60t Heavy or a Medium to our assault.

I am not saying you are entirely wrong but we can't compare by pure MC value either or else someone else is gonna feel like they got shafted.

It's easy to isolate this one.single.event. and cry foul about the rewards, but when we step back and look at the larger picture... Is it really that big a deal that we now have pages of salt over a friggin mech?

Going further back to what I said before, there's a heck of a lot more that could be addressed in this game that makes this difference seem negligible to me.

By the way, this Zeus is a pretty fun mech, here's my build I ran this morning (just got it last night):
Posted Image

I don't think it's derpy at all. add a SRM6 CD module and you fire very tight balls of death at a fairly decent clip.

Edited by MovinTarget, 14 September 2016 - 07:56 AM.

#348 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 September 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

But they are still apples to oranges, + text

True, i would actually go as far and fully dodge this by giving the choice for one of the two mech for completing the challenge.
No "this and that and maybe this two if you're early enough"
no "how about break your pledge to get what mercs get "for free""

Simply "done the challenge? choose this or that!"

This event wasn't thought through thoughtful. A recurring theme, sadly.
Sorry for the "salt" i simply adress what i think appeals unfair to a large part of the playerbase.
Maybe, just maybe a dev is stumbling over my rants and takes some of it into consideration for the next event.
These challenges are meant to pull players in, not driving them away after all.

#349 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:07 AM

i came to the conclusion that CW is not worth investing anything anymore after all.
i see some old units still failing like day one.
alot of old units still not getting how to play.
alot of older players unable to learn.
this whole mode is a fkin grave because ppl cant learn for sh*t how to play it.
the 20% that actually are good enough wont make it worthwile.

for most battles i got nothing left than blatant suiciding each mech since the rest of the team has no damn clue what to do after YEARS of playing it.

stop investing time into it. go for solaris mode and other stuff.
the majority of this playerbase is too rubbish for something that requires something more than just arcade point and shoot like in pug.

oh and as i just seen in the next try to win, blaming it on clantech is still a thing if they are too sh*t to play.

Edited by Alienized, 14 September 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#350 Nightops25

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

Very few people drop with lights for scouting, mostly it is mediums. I got most of mine through invasion mode. put some good "light hunter" mediums in your drop deck, and protect the assaults and heavies from the ankle biters.

#351 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

PGI, could you please state your intentions regarding the still existing bug that KMDD sometimes (quite often) does not register for the 10/10/10/10 challenge? Just had it again today at least once with catching lights Posted Image

#352 Arkaiko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostTahawus, on 09 September 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

A polite request for PGI...
Please compute and publish the mean number of matches needed by IS and clan players to complete the scouting challenge.

so true, this event is a clan event, theyr weapons are better in all, range, tonage, crit chance, an IS win is prety rare, and im not talking about units in TS, in pug vs pug clan wins 8 of 10, its time to made a valance...

#353 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 520 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

PGI,

Thank you for the free MC, Mech, Mech Bay and other goodies. Just for playing.

#354 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

To the people having issues with the KMDD bug...

I screen shot all my match results, never look at the stats on the event screen... and my KMDDs came out just fine. Could the page be the problem, not the counting in-game?

#355 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

Got my Executioner.

Almost done getting the Zeus. :P

#356 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

I hope the loyalists still will get something other than just the zeus 'cause I got the Zeus now and Ill be taking it for a spin but I will sell it afterwards. - A couple pages back Matt mentioned something about "we are thinking about the loyalist situation and we will come up with a solution". Im counting on that.

SALT FOR THE SALTTHRONE:
I faced a lot of jade falcons and a lot of pugs who seem to join those clans just to be on the winning side. I dont think they have the balls to do a purely puggy invasion drop. Ill be whining here gentleman 'cause while taking lead in factionplay-pug-drops other IS pugs dont seem to care that someone might be taking charge and do what they are told to do. If those dudes had a little sense of reality they should be happy seeing some prepared mariks leading them to victory against sneaky snipy gen shooting largelaser shadowcats on some distinctive maps!

#357 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 September 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

To the people having issues with the KMDD bug...

I screen shot all my match results, never look at the stats on the event screen... and my KMDDs came out just fine. Could the page be the problem, not the counting in-game?

The KMDDs are counted correctly in-game, and were in the get-12-in-scouting part of the challenge, too.
Just the 10 of 10 parts of the event (web page and granting rewards) is bugged. I was at 7 of 10 light KMDDs yesterday, then played two matches, one with two KMDD on lights (ADR and ACH) and one with one KMDD (JR7-IIC). Now (on the next day) it shows 9 of 10.

#358 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:51 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 14 September 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

Scouting is generally easier, because this mode was designed specifically for lights and mediums. Besides, scouting matches are much shorter than invasion, and you'll usually spend less time in the queue (although that depends). Seeing that you are Clan, I would recommend bringing a streak Crow or a splat Crow, that's the easiest way to get a KMDD on a light. However, there are also a lot of lights in invasion matches these days, 'cause both sides now like bringing 100-ton assaults to FW (Atlases and King Crabs for the IS, Kodiaks for the Clans), and that pretty much forces you into bringing a light on one of the other waves. Usually you can expect the last or second-to-last wave to have quite a few lights.

As DGTLDaemon said I got 8 or 9 of my 10 IS lights in invasion mode from 12 man opposition as they generally lead very heavy - just have to survive that long!

#359 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

View PostArkaiko, on 14 September 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

so true, this event is a clan event, theyr weapons are better in all, range, tonage, crit chance, an IS win is prety rare, and im not talking about units in TS, in pug vs pug clan wins 8 of 10, its time to made a valance...

This has to be a troll right? The IS chassis's are so heavily quirked they're scary in an organised group. Now 12 solo vs 12 solo comes down more to range in invasion so on some chassis clan do seem strong. Contrast that to scout mode where the IS 55 ton medium brawlers are very strong. I can't wait to get back to my IS chassis overall tbh.

#360 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:30 AM

View PostAramuside, on 15 September 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

This has to be a troll right? The IS chassis's are so heavily quirked they're scary in an organised group. Now 12 solo vs 12 solo comes down more to range in invasion so on some chassis clan do seem strong. Contrast that to scout mode where the IS 55 ton medium brawlers are very strong. I can't wait to get back to my IS chassis overall tbh.

As mentioned in my post => http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5394467
Pugs dont listen and so we drop one by one. Thats why they are thinking that clans are op. PLUS they are OP because of the peaky poky laserness, you gentlemen need to soften us up a bit and then you can start the push. Posted Image

Edited by Daemon04, 15 September 2016 - 04:32 AM.

57 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 57 guests, 0 anonymous users