468 replies to this topic

#361 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:41 AM

View PostDaemon04, on 15 September 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

PLUS they are OP because of the peaky poky laserness, you gentlemen need to soften us up a bit and then start the push. Posted Image

I risk starting another flame war here, but... Organized units almost never use poking tactics in CW. It's usually a 12-man push with the intent of closing in to brawling range as soon as possible. And you don't wanna hear what good DCs think about people who bring ERLLs, peeps, gausses and lurms to CW. Even if you wanted, I wouldn't be able to post it here anyway, without bleeping out everything but the punctuation marks :)

#362 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:24 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 15 September 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

I risk starting another flame war here, but... Organized units almost never use poking tactics in CW. It's usually a 12-man push with the intent of closing in to brawling range as soon as possible. And you don't wanna hear what good DCs think about people who bring ERLLs, peeps, gausses and lurms to CW. Even if you wanted, I wouldn't be able to post it here anyway, without bleeping out everything but the punctuation marks Posted Image

Then Ill blame the pugs.

#363 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

View PostDaemon04, on 15 September 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

Then Ill blame the pugs.

Back to the seemingly eternal question of: "What is FP?"

Is it uber-tryhard-unitbased-gtfo w/ ur lurmz-endgame content?

Or is it just another flavor of qp?

Right now its trying to be both and b/c of populations, it *NEEDS* to be both.

My point is that us "veterans" need to roll with the people we got because even though they frustrate us sometimes, we need them.

#364 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:32 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 September 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

To the people having issues with the KMDD bug...

I screen shot all my match results, never look at the stats on the event screen... and my KMDDs came out just fine. Could the page be the problem, not the counting in-game?

100% not counting in-game.

Not sure what triggered it.
What i do know however, is that KMDD on light mechs in scoutmode is bugged.
I had a hunch for 1-2 hours that something just didn't fit quite right.
Had 4/10 light kmdd from invasion. Fought several lights and had several kills with kmdd on lights in scoutmode.
Check eventpage: 5/10 kmdd on lights.

very next scout game vs 1 hunch 1 cheetah and 2 mist lynx i had 3 kmdd at the end of the match screen.
Decided to wait and see what the eventpage would log. After 2 hours+ eventpage did not log any kmdd on lights.
Continued in scoutmode but almost no kmdd on lights expect of 1 had been logged.
Had to get the remaining 4 kmdd on lights in invasion mode (which logged perfectly fine btw)

#365 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 September 2016 - 05:01 AM, said:

My point is that us "veterans" need to roll with the people we got because even though they frustrate us sometimes, we need them.

Yep, Although i may or may not questioned if some of my teammates are actual human beings or if some methaddiceted chimpanzees had manage to bord the mechs, i am usually happy as long as everybody fights to the best of his/her abilities.

Just sometimes you come across some very special snowflakes. Like someone i witnessed just yesterday, in an absolut horrid game, where captain "do you know who i is?! Check zeh leaderboardz! i is in topz 10 davion leaderboards! hurr durr!" had to annoy the crab out of everyone on voip.
He almost pulled a pretty prolevel 100 damage per mech, tho. Ain't half bad for a davion.

#366 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 September 2016 - 05:01 AM, said:

Back to the seemingly eternal question of: "What is FP?"

Is it uber-tryhard-unitbased-gtfo w/ ur lurmz-endgame content?

Or is it just another flavor of qp?

Right now its trying to be both and b/c of populations, it *NEEDS* to be both.

We need em, true but I didnt touch factionplay til i got me enough mechs and enough experience to say "alright Ill be able to pull this off". I played quickplay for over a year and then went looking for a unit for a better factionplay experience.
Unfortunately true pugs without a proper dropdeck show up because they dont know any better. Trial trebuchets in the dropdeck hurts your firepower. I know theyll have to learn eventually but I think they need a proper introduction gamewise to it and not just a promo video on youtube.

Edited by Daemon04, 15 September 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#367 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

It is a problem now that we are too far in... back when FP (CW) was first introduced (when it was supposed to be endgame material), there should have been two rules:
1 - No Trial Mechs
2 - Must be in a group of at least 2

Now its too late to make such rules as the population has suffered and nobody is thrilled with the result.

Back to the event...

They should have re-evaluated the KMDD deficiencies after a few days and given bonuses to those that drop in the classes most needed (like 25k-50k cbills per mech) to incentivize players to drop in, for example, lights and assaults for some period of time...

Either that or provide the KMDD requirements in more of a stretch goal scenario.

#368 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

"Hey, I got a mech bay and a free IS XL 320 out of this event. I could use both! Not bad at all! A sub-par Zeus was also thrown in...not sure what I'll do with that, maybe sell it to free up that mech bay"

My thoughts upon getting the IS reward..

#369 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 15 September 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

"Hey, I got a mech bay and a free IS XL 320 out of this event. I could use both! Not bad at all! A sub-par Zeus was also thrown in...not sure what I'll do with that, maybe sell it to free up that mech bay"

My thoughts upon getting the IS reward..

I don't even play the Loyalty Zeus I already had (same variant). Mech bay reward is nice though!

#370 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

100%! Finally!

Got 'em all!

#371 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

Took you a while, quiaff?

#372 QStar

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:23 AM

10 kmdd vs lights is very challenging especially when the opponent doesn't bring any to scouting and very few have run my way in faction play

#373 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

PGI, thank you for this event! However, I must note, that this event favored mercs ALOT. Please consider adding some bonus during the next event specially for loyalists in the future, like doubling (or 1.5x) LP/CBills gain or giving some additional reward.

#374 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

Actually, the hardest portion of it was the kill most damage dealts on assault mechs. Posted Image

We don't see those too often in Community Warfare.

Edited by Commander A9, 16 September 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#375 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 16 September 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Actually, the hardest portion of it was the kill most damage dealts on assault mechs. Posted Image

We don't see those too often in Community Warfare.

I dunno, before we left FRR yesterday, I could have sworn it was "Bear Season"

#376 Arkaiko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostAramuside, on 15 September 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

This has to be a troll right? The IS chassis's are so heavily quirked they're scary in an organised group. Now 12 solo vs 12 solo comes down more to range in invasion so on some chassis clan do seem strong. Contrast that to scout mode where the IS 55 ton medium brawlers are very strong. I can't wait to get back to my IS chassis overall tbh.

u got brain damage, C-ERML got more range and damage than ML, in fact, the C-ERML looks more like the LL of IS, but just for 1 ton, and the meds... pfff, Jade falcons raids, with stormcrows with 5 SSRM6, so a noob who cant hit a barn door got 100% accuarcy with every alpha, yeah, "fear"

edit: +10% energy range, dont equal clan range, some mechs got realy poor quirk, and clan weapons got better damage too, no quirks for that, so clans can sit 800 meters away to spam LL, and do full damage (and more damage than a ERLL), they nerf AC-2 cuz the "screen shake is a problem", but isnt a problem if an C-ULTRA AC-2/5/10/20 make screen shake, yeah... "fear"

Edited by Arkaiko, 16 September 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#377 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

Honestly, if you do not know why clan mechs are op, I think you fall into one of two camps:

you are fooled by your own bias or you are simply lying to yourself.

#378 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostSurn, on 16 September 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Honestly, if you do not know why clan mechs are op, I think you fall into one of two camps:

Or maybe you should l2p IS.
Honestly.

#379 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostArkaiko, on 16 September 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

u got brain damage, C-ERML got more range and damage than ML, in fact, the C-ERML looks more like the LL of IS, but just for 1 ton, and the meds... pfff, Jade falcons raids, with stormcrows with 5 SSRM6, so a noob who cant hit a barn door got 100% accuarcy with every alpha, yeah, "fear"

edit: +10% energy range, dont equal clan range, some mechs got realy poor quirk, and clan weapons got better damage too, no quirks for that, so clans can sit 800 meters away to spam LL, and do full damage (and more damage than a ERLL), they nerf AC-2 cuz the "screen shake is a problem", but isnt a problem if an C-ULTRA AC-2/5/10/20 make screen shake, yeah... "fear"

View PostSurn, on 16 September 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

apprentice troll level

Posted Image

#380 Kurni

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:31 PM

View PostArkaiko, on 16 September 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

I didnt see a match when our team sit at "800m" to spam LL
I see few match when some IS sit at range spaming (er)LL, when half team go cc and half sit "beyond the door" (borean), guess the ending score...

I pugged the event, as far I remember just 2 defeats, I dont think that the ratio is consecuence of "OPness", mainly because every match was played by my teammates and me as a Team

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users