#321 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 13 September 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

Really? Explain, pls. Posted Image Invasion Matches Played, each with a Match Score of at least 80 0 of 16 50 MC and an Armillary Globe Hanging Item The grind part (the above) was the hardest, including waiting times etc.

I know that I need at least 16 matches for invasion, I meant to say that yesterday evening I found in LFG a very good group with a core of experienced players that guided us during the match and made some parts of the grind a lot easier. I did 4 KMMD, lots of kill assists, 1000+ damage, 1+ mln C-bills and over 250 match score. Usually, as a solo pugger I do lot less and I struggle to get over the 100 match score threshold :)

#322 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 September 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

true, for the IS/clan part. Although, it literally does not matter who is drawing the shortest stick here. Be it clan or IS loyalist.
The fact that someone is drawing the shortest straw is what bugs me so much.
As for the timeframe, event started at midnight gmt, that is not primetime unlike 5pm PDT for NA.

How much LP did you lost for dropping your pledge?

Tell me the place, in our reality, on planet earth where all the sticks are machine-cut to be PRECISELY the same length and I'll show you a place that has not been introduced to the internet yet.

There is always a short stick, but there are always far more people with longer sticks, still complaining that its shorter than the longest stick.

I'm in NA (EST) time zone, I play typically more in the Euro Time frames, I have friends in the Oceanic side of things. People complaining about what free swag they are or aren't getting or that someone else is getting more while there are lots of players not on the NA continent that have put up with shoddy ping in CW for its entire existence.

How about the people that have computers that *on paper* should run this game just fine, but something wonky always happens? Is the short stick for not getting 3 free mechs shorter than that?

There is a Computer Science concept that we have to accept in "the biz":
Approaching an ideal (i.e. perfection) is an asymptotic exercise in which the closer you get to the ideal (perfection/balance/etc) the work it takes to move towards that ideal gets exponentially more difficult/complicated. At some point the developer(s) must throw up their hands and say "close enough!"

Yes, they goofed up on the rewards initially. Yes, the guys that got the wrong rewards ultimately get a chance to get more swag than anyone else. Approximately 350 accounts out of how many? Everyone else will get at least what is promised. If your contention is with the original rewards then that is a matter of opinion and perhaps they have a reason for that. But if its the handling of the goof up, I dunno what to say... you really want support taking time out of dealing with *REAL* customer issues so that 350 accounts only get *exactly* what everyone else gets?

Besides, one argument for the EXE is that *if* you are a clan loyalist, and you sell the EXE, what are you gonna buy? Probably another clan mech *WHICH IS MORE EXPENSIVE PER TON THAN A COMPARABLE IS MECH*.

That's just conjecture but who knows...

#323 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:44 AM

It's not like this has happened for the first time. And setting the rules for an event is a bunch of "if then else" at max, not rocket science really.

#324 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:50 AM

OK, since my suggestion about rewarding loyalists with free or discounted colors/decals/patterns was clearly not well met, let me try to explain it from a different angle. For some reason, faction-specific cosmetic items are extremely expensive in this game. You have to literally pay double price for the colors or decals if you want to display your affiliation with a particular faction. This makes no sense; actually, it would make more sense if such content was given to loyalists for free (as long as they don't jump ship), but it is what it is. However, since PGI started talking about rewarding the loyalists in some way for this event, I say: why not at least give us the opportunity to apply livery appropriate to our respective factions to our mechs at a more reasonable price, or maybe award some of it to the loyalists for free? How about that line of argument?

#325 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 September 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

text Posted Image

I do not want to get all butthurt over some minor differences.
But it agitates me that some players can get up to almost 20k MC rewards with literally no downside (mercs)
while others can get up to 4,8K MC or take masive LP punish to bump it up to 13k MC rewards (IS loyalists).

This is painfully obvious not anything near "nearly equal".

You want reality? i give you reality.
You go into a restaurant, the guy infront of you gets 4 meals for the price of one. you come after him and you get 1 meal for the price of 1. what do you do?
You suck it up, finish your meal, raise the middlefinger and never ever spend a dime in that restaurant again.

And no, i do not want that those 350 guys get their "benefits" removed. I just want that those at the rear end of PGIs favor get something of similar value to not get the feeling of being a second rate customer.

Again, 20k MC for early bird mercs. 4,8k for IS loyalists who don't want to take the LP punish. Dat gap man, dat gap...

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 13 September 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#326 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

Not sure about you guys but finding a scouting match is like finding a rooster's teeth.
A whole wkend and I've managed to get into about 5 matches. No, I'm not going to waste my time waiting for the queue to fill up - if the mm doesn't put me into a full lance at the start, I'm back in the QP.
Can't imagine what you FW guys have to go through without this event padding the player base.

#327 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

View PostSQW, on 13 September 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Not sure about you guys but finding a scouting match is like finding a rooster's teeth.
A whole wkend and I've managed to get into about 5 matches. No, I'm not going to waste my time waiting for the queue to fill up - if the mm doesn't put me into a full lance at the start, I'm back in the QP.
Can't imagine what you FW guys have to go through without this event padding the player base.

Dude, i get scout matches on a minutes notice, mostly even less.
You gotta need a contract. Currently, scout mission call to arms are stacking up to the top of the screen.
Just tell your unit leader to sign up a contract.
If you're solo, just create your own one man unit, when u'r done with a faction, simply disband your unit. It will set you back to contractless, you can do this over and over again with no penalty

Just checked on you. you don't have a unit. go create a one man unit and do as i wrote, go merc route. You'll see more scout games you can handle.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 13 September 2016 - 09:27 AM.

#328 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 September 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

Rewards display should now be fixed.
Event rewards should be granted correctly now.

Not confirmed:
It still shows 9 of 10 for "In an Inner Sphere 'Mech achieve a KMDD against 10 Clan Medium 'Mechs" and 1 of 10 for "In an Inner Sphere 'Mech achieve a KMDD against 10 Clan Light 'Mechs" after not playing for two days, where manually adding the KMDD from the Your Games table yields 13. See my earlier report here with more details.

Edit: and now a KMDD on a Nova, then a KMDD on an ACH ... the ACH has been counted, the Nova not (only in the Your Games table), so still at 9 of 10 for mediums ...

Edited by ThomasAH, 13 September 2016 - 10:13 AM.

#329 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:31 AM

@Toha Heavy Industries

I won't deny that its kind of crappy for loyalists. I have said several times in different threads that if the want fewer mercs and more loyalists then they need to make being a loyalist more attractive. I don't like being loyalist as i don't want to be limited on the mechs I drop. Sure for 1-2 weeks i can only drop one ore the other, but why buy mechs if you can't use them in endgame.

The *real* problem is that this event was slapped together last minute (or the rewards at least), not announced until a couple of hours before their weekend started and was then unsupported for essential 2-3 days where had this been started on wed/thursday, they could have squashed the issue upon initial report prior to cob Friday.

More specifically to your analogy though. The one guy didn't request 4 meals for the price of one, the waiter f'd up his order and fell over himself trying to make it right. Most restaurants will leave the incorrectly delivered food rather than have the image of them taking the food back and "recycling" it. Additionally, if you asked for chicken fingers (Zeus) and they bring out a filet Mignon (EXE). They are not going to say "Well, this is worth more than the dish you ordered so you must eat it." No, they give you what you expected in the first place.

Edited by MovinTarget, 13 September 2016 - 10:33 AM.

#330 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:31 PM

long queue times just to get ghost drops is beyond annoying and is part of why I don't play this game as much as I use to or find my self playing other games while this sits in queue. nothing say hay play this game like 40+ minute queues just to ghost drop so you can not advance the event /golfclap

#331 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostBoaz Roshak, on 13 September 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

long queue times just to get ghost drops is beyond annoying and is part of why I don't play this game as much as I use to or find my self playing other games while this sits in queue. nothing say hay play this game like 40+ minute queues just to ghost drop so you can not advance the event /golfclap

The only ones that seem to be complaining about long queue times are CJF... It seems like you guys are overloaded and the population (im)balance worked against you... for once.

#332 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Delete, found the info

Edited by Tom Sawyer, 13 September 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#333 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 13 September 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

So if we got the wrong mech aka we are currently clan but got a zeus then at the end of this event PGI is going to fix?

answer was some pages before.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 September 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Hey all,

Given the number of players affected by the incorrect 'Mech injections, and the variable status of the 'Mechs in each account (from 'Mech sellbacks, equipment changes, etc) we've decided that Support services will not be performing manual swaps of the reward 'Mechs.
Instead, when the Event comes to an end those players who received the wrong 'Mech for completing their associated Ultimate Faction challenge will receive the 'Mech that should have been injected. These injections of the correct 'Mechs will be performed on Tuesday, September 20th.
The 'Mech those players received in error will also remain in their account, or in the case of a sellback, they will keep the C-Bills acquired from the sale.

We feel the above solution is the best middle ground in this case. Apologies to anyone who was affected by this issue; with the problem fixed no additional instances of incorrect 'Mech rewards should occur.

#334 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:12 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 September 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

true, for the IS/clan part. Although, it literally does not matter who is drawing the shortest stick here. Be it clan or IS loyalist.
The fact that someone is drawing the shortest straw is what bugs me so much.
As for the timeframe, event started at midnight gmt, that is not primetime unlike 5pm PDT for NA.

How much LP did you lost for dropping your pledge?

Very little i was only rank 2. I got twice more LP for single invasion once. Also i did it long before event started.

#335 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 September 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

This event in a nutshell

NA > EU/OC
MERCs > Loyalists
Clan > IS

While I agree with a lot of this the Clan > Is is laughable. My evening as a European Jade falcon solo player last night was this: wait 36 minutes in the invasion queue as so few IS, wait 10 mins to get in the match, find the inevitable IS 12 man that zerged and volley fired everything that moved. Watched as each time 4 players on our side stayed at the ridge near our spawn and let us die 8 vs 12 making proud comments about how they weren't here to win just get KMDD. Their tactic was so successful that first round we were 12 losses for 0 kills..... Only good side of that match is that I got 2 assault KMDD that I needed and a match played. Went back into the queue - waited 23 minutes at which point I was only in the third group of EIGHT companies waiting. Couldn't face the climb through another five company spots so went to play Mechwarrior Vengeance as I've not played it in years. I had FUN! Pity that's not a factor in FW....

Edit: Just to say i enjoyed scout mode so its not all been a negative experience!

Edited by Aramuside, 13 September 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#336 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 816 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:25 AM

Wish they could extend it another week :)

#337 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:16 AM

View PostAramuside, on 13 September 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

While I agree with a lot of this the Clan > Is is laughable.
Edit: Just to say i enjoyed scout mode so its not all been a negative experience!

I did not meant it like that, sorry for your bad match experience, tho. We all have those games once in a while. Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree.

With Clan > IS i was refering to the reward table for loyalists.
The clan reward is worth 7500MC while the IS reward is worth 4815MC

Glad you had some enjoyable scout matches. tho.

View PostJurosik, on 13 September 2016 - 11:12 PM, said:

Very little i was only rank 2. I got twice more LP for single invasion once. Also i did it long before event started.

Good for you, now image you've been a loyalist on rank 18 or so.. would you still drop 25% of all your factions LP?

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 September 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

@Toha Heavy Industries
More specifically to your analogy though.

Simply have to point out that the first guy stands for the 350 ppl with extra rewards for PGI's slipup. the 2nd guy is potentially every other customer. And the restaurants business model is "everybody eats for free and only pays what they want if they feel like it".

If PGI had some sort of PR managment, they probably must be weeping in agony right now.

#338 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:25 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 14 September 2016 - 02:16 AM, said:

The clan reward is worth 7500MC while the IS reward is worth 4815MC

Just out of curiosity: why do you keep referring to the abstract MC price of the mechs, when A ) both mechs can be purchased with C-Bills, and B ) neither of the mechs can be sold for MC, so for all practical purposes, both mechs are worth 0 (ZERO) MC, and the only thing actually worth MC is the mechbays they come with?

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 14 September 2016 - 02:26 AM.

#339 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:19 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 14 September 2016 - 02:16 AM, said:

Good for you, now image you've been a loyalist on rank 18 or so.. would you still drop 25% of all your factions LP?

At rank 20 i would. Posted Image

DGTLDaemon said:

Just out of curiosity: why do you keep referring to the abstract MC price of the mechs, when A ) both mechs can be purchased with C-Bills

Reward mechs are last years loyalist rewards they cant be purchased for cbills.

Edited by Jurosik, 14 September 2016 - 03:24 AM.

#340 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:44 AM

View PostJurosik, on 14 September 2016 - 03:19 AM, said:

Reward mechs are last years loyalist rewards they cant be purchased for cbills.

Ah, my bad. Disregard the previous comment, then Posted Image Still, I can't imagine why someone would actually pay 7500 MC (an equivalent of 25 mechbays, no less) for a single mech, unless that mech was totally OP. From what I've seen in this thread, most people seem to be perfectly happy selling their reward mechs and getting a free mechbay + some C-Bills :)

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 14 September 2016 - 03:48 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users