#301 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:22 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 12 September 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Actually loyalists that scrambled to complete their side before now got a better deal than originally promised. They got a mech they weren't expecting, in a week they get the one they were expecting...

So they are guaranteed all the mechs for half the work.

Yep, the guys that are lucky to live in the right timezone so they don't have to go to work on what's a monday for central europe... When I came back from work yesterday, the issue was already fixed. Now PGI says it's easier for them to just throw mechs at some random people basically. Make of that what you will. I for one am done with throwing things, especially money at PGI, while being screwed time and again (Just look at the founder mechs - how useful are they? Take the Grid Iron - which I got to enjoy for almost 2 weeks before it was nerfed into uselessness. Now I did the same work for upping the population as any other guy out there, but I'm getting half to one third the rewards - not even to speak of the promise of "thinking man's shooter" and "Clan Warfare with economies, and whatnot".) I guess if I really insisted, I even could get a refund on much of my spendings. But whatever - it's not the mech per se that's bothering me here, but the way how PGI handles events - just look at last events Flea Challenge (the one with the 3rd person kill/win/survive) - did what was described on the event page, never got the reward. Now it's the other way around, but equally screwed up.

edit: I'm not writing this because I need an Executioner and/or Zeus nor the C-Bils for selling them. Got more from playing than I can imagine to spend, heck, cut it in half and I still can buy a dozen EXEs. No, it's about fairness.

This is not what you do for customer retention - the thing PGI needs most direly right now.

And:
Mercs are better off nevertheless - and not for doing anything better/else but just for choosing another career path, which per default and lore should not net them more than a loyalist - but it's just differently called.

Consider this:
PGI had to introduce permanent loyalist contracts with fines for leaving in the vain hope to control faction population. Clearly, they failed utterly with it (Jade Falcon Mercs anyone?). And why is that? Because being a loyalist is only rewarding for those few lore-nerds, who still give a **** about the icon next to their user name in an otherwise quite loreless game environment.

How can PGI hope to have functioning population distribution, when they don't even get the basics of it right?

Edited by PFC Carsten, 12 September 2016 - 11:40 PM.

#302 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 12 September 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

IS Loyalists got the EXE just like clan got the Zeus... if anything they get the better deal b/c the Exe is worth more.

If they didn't have a real life, played through the whole weekend and lived in the right timezone.

The smart thing to do for PGI to cover their screw up would have been this:
Extend the individual challenge goals to double their requirements, but drop the Clan/IS differentiation, for those who keep playing. So everyone could go after their most desired mech first and complete the challenge for the respective other mech by just keep playing. That also would help Faction Play population, as many have already completed the (original) challenge and are reverting back to whatever they were doing before.

#303 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:46 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 12 September 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

In an Inner Sphere 'Mech achieve a KMDD against 10 Clan Light 'Mechs Posted Image 10 of 10
UrbanMech Warhorn

possible, just had to kmdd on 50 or so

That's great, but what if somebody gets say 20 KMDD on Clan Lights, and does not complete the challenge?
Do you think that is fair, just because you have done 50 KMDD and completed it?

A BUG (KMDD on Clan Lights not registering in Scouting) is a bug, and should be addressed.

Edited by Tigven, 12 September 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#304 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:48 PM

I am amazed how some players already completed one (or both) part of the event already.
For me, deserting FFR and joining a Clan Faction, with the 7 days penalty, is not an option since I only almost completed the scouting challenge and I have played only 2 Invasion games as IS. I still need to finish the IS challenge. The KMMD (and intel gathering) part is the most difficult one for me.

Edited by invernomuto, 12 September 2016 - 11:50 PM.

#305 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostQuinn Allard, on 12 September 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

This event needs to be extended. Some of us have full time jobs and other hobbies, and cannot devote the 45minutes to an 1 hour PER CW drop to get this done. Our Merc unit rotates IS and Clan. In a few hours we will switch to IS and not be able to switch back to Clan until the day this event ends. Its ridiculous that it takes 10 min to find players, 10 min to find enemy, then the drop takes anywhere from 20min to 30min. Thats almost an hour per drop, and some of us only have an hour or two to play.

View PostPFC Carsten, on 12 September 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

If they didn't have a real life, played through the whole weekend and lived in the right timezone.

The smart thing to do for PGI to cover their screw up would have been this:
Extend the individual challenge goals to double their requirements, but drop the Clan/IS differentiation, for those who keep playing. So everyone could go after their most desired mech first and complete the challenge for the respective other mech by just keep playing. That also would help Faction Play population, as many have already completed the (original) challenge and are reverting back to whatever they were doing before.

Then make your Unit not switch to IS. To be honest I think PGI, didn't think about the possibility, that it is possible to earn both rewards, it was intended, IS wins the Zeus, Clans wins the Executioner, but they thought 7 days is to short for some players so they extended it to 11 days, which makes it possible for Mercs to earn both rewards. So you can see it that way, earning both mechs is for the hardcore nerds with no life. But look on the bright side you have loving wifes, kids, jobs, family... isn't that nice too.

And if you stay in one faction for the whole 11 days, it is achievable to earn one nice mech and a lot of other free stuff.

Don't be so salty allways looking to the others saying, he gets now 3 mechs, I only get one. But you still get one mech for FREE!

And be fair to PGI and to yourself, if you only have 1-2 hour to play CW/FP per day, in my opinion it is possible to earn one mech, if you stay the whole 11 days in one faction, but it is not possible to earn two mechs. Anology if you have only one hour to train running per day, you will most likely not win an olympic gold medal in running.

And to both of you I can say read what Matt had written, it was very open and informing, and I am often critizing PGI for this and that. But I can only say Kudos to Matt for writting this. Very informative and open.

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 September 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Trust me event planning isn't easy.
Some folks earn rewards at a high rate due to either high scores and high volume play.
Some folks earn rewards at a slow rate due to lower scoring matches and less play time.
We try to cater our events in the middle of the bell curve using match telemetry.
Planning events based on Medium Match scores and Medium play time.
Some people blaze through that and others never complete it.
These are the folks that may say "too EZ" or " I have a family! How can I complete this?" (I know I have a family too)
They believe their experience is the norm. When in fact, they may be the outliers on the edge of the play experience bell curve.

Hope that give you some insight.

#306 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 12 September 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

I am amazed how some players already completed one (or both) part of the event already.

Compared to the previous crazy challenge with 3PV and stuff like "destroy 4 components in a single match, and then repeat it 11 times", this one actually felt quite easy :) I don't know about other factions, but we Ghost Bears didn't have any problems getting matches over the weekend. Lots of people in the queues, low waiting times, a mix of pugs and premades on the other side - just what the doctor ordered :)

#307 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

TY VERY MUCH PGI

U fixed the inverse Zeus-Exe redward, well done. im very happy with the populated faction warfare!

#308 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:55 AM

Finished scouting and the IS part already and got my EXE lol... It wasn't so hard and the waiting times vere minimal. Now to wait for my unit to switch to Clan so I can finish the last part. Love the populated FW too.

#309 D V Devnull

• 4,290 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:10 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 September 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

THAT right there is why the mode is dead. Its not all the problems with the game on the PGI end, its the problem with the players still playing it, and how they treat the folks that really, they're dependant on, for the games to even happen, for without sufficient numbers the matches never actually launch. I figured that out pre-phase 3 and before the numbers had shrunk with all the problems that came with that patch in April. Hell the continuiing dead horse LRMs thread in the faction forum is further proof of the ongoing issue with the tiertards vs the normal folks.

Add to that PGI's fail as of the 'Phase 3' Launch Patch with the Faction Warfare Contract System, and it's the so-called 'Perfect Storm', which is kind of sad. I still wish that PGI would use the thoughts which I posted, "10 Bullet Points On How To Repair Faction Warfare @ http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/230053-things-that-would-make-faction-play-better/page__view__findpost__p__5224643", and get this issue fixed already. I'll just have to dream on, though. :(

~D. V. "got a headache, and PGI ain't helping it any" Devnull

#310 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:12 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 13 September 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Compared to the previous crazy challenge with 3PV and stuff like "destroy 4 components in a single match, and then repeat it 11 times", this one actually felt quite easy Posted Image I don't know about other factions, but we Ghost Bears didn't have any problems getting matches over the weekend. Lots of people in the queues, low waiting times, a mix of pugs and premades on the other side - just what the doctor ordered Posted Image

Yes, I also had very little waiting times (I am playing solo, no unit). Yesterday evening I went with a LFG group (mostly [-SO-] guys) against invading clanners. Very good players, it was difficult to find clan mechs to kill :) . 5-6 of this good matches and it's easy to finish the challenge :D

#311 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:05 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 13 September 2016 - 01:12 AM, said:

Yes, I also had very little waiting times (I am playing solo, no unit). Yesterday evening I went with a LFG group (mostly [-SO-] guys) against invading clanners. Very good players, it was difficult to find clan mechs to kill Posted Image . 5-6 of this good matches and it's easy to finish the challenge Posted Image

Really? Explain, pls. Posted Image
Invasion Matches Played, each with a Match Score of at least 80 0 of 16 50 MC and an Armillary Globe Hanging Item

The grind part (the above) was the hardest, including waiting times etc.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 13 September 2016 - 02:06 AM.

#312 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:21 AM

View PostTigven, on 12 September 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

That's great, but what if somebody gets say 20 KMDD on Clan Lights, and does not complete the challenge?
Do you think that is fair, just because you have done 50 KMDD and completed it?

A BUG (KMDD on Clan Lights not registering in Scouting) is a bug, and should be addressed.

I was being sarcastic, i already did meantion the bug earlier some pages back fyi.

On a more pressing matter

PGI, i still could potentually ditch my loyality pledge and go for 7 day suspension to get the clan sided rewards in less then 4 hours before the event will end.

Can you please tell us if and with what loyalists will be compensated.
By the looks of it, we either get nothing, a hula girl or a vindicator. So i would really really reeeeeeally like to know what to do asap. pretty please with cheese on top.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 13 September 2016 - 04:22 AM.

#313 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:26 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 12 September 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

For me, deserting FFR and joining a Clan Faction, with the 7 days penalty, is not an option since I only almost completed the scouting challenge and I have played only 2 Invasion games as IS. I still need to finish the IS challenge. The KMMD (and intel gathering) part is the most difficult one for me.

You REALLY don't want to do that as our queues are ... long....

Well at least if you're not in a 12 man etc!

#314 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:39 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 13 September 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

Really? Explain, pls. Posted Image
Invasion Matches Played, each with a Match Score of at least 80 0 of 16 50 MC and an Armillary Globe Hanging Item

The grind part (the above) was the hardest, including waiting times etc.

Yeah as a Jade Falcon I managed the Scout missions/targets in one day. The invasion missions were another matter as I've been averaging 25-26 minutes wait in the main queue alone. Out of 5 matches in 4.5 hrs last night, every one was against an IS 12 man. We managed three wins but they were knife edge and two included a 5 man from EmP including some of the best players in the entire game leading us out and calling tactics etc, the third win we had BMMC and MS on our side. The other two were just 12 soloes vs a 12 man .... the same one who we only just beat with EMP on our side - needless to say they were massacres.

It feels like these 16 matches and KMDD will be a real test of my patience.

Edited by Aramuside, 13 September 2016 - 04:39 AM.

#315 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:40 AM

As for the loyalist reward... Something just came to my mind. PGI is running a faction content sale (patterns/cockpit items) concurrently with the event. It has already been requested in the other thread that they add faction colors and decals to the sale. However, there might be a better way to do it. What if you reward players who stayed loyal to their factions (i.e. did not switch sides) for the duration of the event with a really good discount on faction content? Combined with the MC that can be earned during the event, this could be a good opportunity for loyalists to stock up on faction-specific cosmetic items. Think about it :)

#316 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 13 September 2016 - 04:40 AM, said:

Combined with the MC that can be earned during the event, this could be a good opportunity for loyalists to stock up on faction-specific cosmetic items.

300 mc isn't even enough to buy one faction related color, it's not even enough if the color is at 50%, they would have to be at 70% off just to get one color as a "reward".

I say nope, NA timebased mercs can get 3 MC assault mechs and EU/OC timebased loyalists can spent their earned MC on a color.. nope nope nope nope.

#317 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:55 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 September 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

I say nope, NA timebased mercs can get 3 MC assault mechs and EU/OC timebased loyalists can spent their earned MC on a color.. nope nope nope nope.

Well, with the Grand Prize mix-up that has already allowed quite a few players (including myself) to get 2 mechs + 2 mechbays instead of just one, you are not really expecting them to give us loyalists another mech or even a mechbay, are you? And I don't want another hula girl :D So a good discount on faction colors/decals/patterns could be a reasonable compromise. Or, say, a choice of one faction color or a faction decal for free - why not? Just a suggestion. As usual, you don't look the gift horse in the mouth, so I personally am happy as long as I'm getting any free stuff :)

#318 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 13 September 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

Well, with the Grand Prize mix-up that has already allowed quite a few players (including myself) to get 2 mechs + 2 mechbays instead of just one, you are not really expecting them to give us loyalists another mech or even a mechbay, are you? And I don't want another hula girl Posted Image So a good discount on faction colors/decals/patterns could be a reasonable compromise. Or, say, a choice of one faction color or a faction decal for free - why not? Just a suggestion. As usual, you don't look the gift horse in the mouth, so I personally am happy as long as I'm getting any free stuff Posted Image

Still noping out hard.

I'll say it again, several mercs, mainly NA timezone based (cuz they had the advantage and primetime when the event started) already got 3 bays with 3 assaults. total worth 17130 MC or 19185 MC depending which mech they got double. (okay, they get their 3rd at the end of the event hurr durr)

Clan and IS loyalists can get 2 bays and 2 mechs (thanks to the glitch) worth 12315 MC.
Clan Loyalists who can not "profit" from the glitch still get a bay and an exe worth 7500 MC.
IS Loyalists who can not "profit" from the glitch can "only" a bay and a zeus worth 4815 MC.

So you are basically telling me:

"It's okay that some mercs can get 19185 MC, while the majority of IS loyalist can only get 4815 MC. It's free so no chance for complaining (you filthy EU/OC IS loyalist scrubs)."

"Yeah, sucks to be an IS loyalist, but hey, how about you spend the MC your earned on some faction content to show of how stupid you are for sticking with a faction as a loyalist, after all you can get like half of a low res steiner first decal for 300 MC"

This is so fing hilarious. On an event which promotes Clan VS IS matches. The irony, the biting sarcasm.
If i wouldn't know better, i'd say PGI's troll level is far over 9000 by now.

This event in a nutshell

NA > EU/OC
MERCs > Loyalists
Clan > IS

You've been an early bird NA merc player? get all the stuff, take as much as you can carry.
You've been a filthy EU loyalist? Get the Zeus and don't complain, it's free after all!

I'm all for promoting Faction Play, i really like that mode. Also free stuff, yay. But god darn it not like this.
This event, i couldn't f this up any harder even if would want to.

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 13 September 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

you are not really expecting them to give us loyalists another mech or even a mechbay, are you?

Giving the amount of care loyalists have been recieving from pgi. No, i do not expect anything. Maybe some random sh..
like stuff most people already have or something utterly useless (vindi/hulagirl reference)
It's quite possible that we do not get anything at all, instead they take away some mechs and bays.

Pgi and loyalists? I'd say anthing goes..

Besided, PGI has shown this behavior in the past, completely taking a dump on a good part of the playerbase.

Loyality rewards:

"so you spent 300 dollar on MC? thanks, here is your consolation blackjack. If you'd excuse me and get out of the way, there is a guys who spent half of that money on clan preorder packs and i really have to give him 3 clan heavies. Because he's more worth then you.. you filthy MC buying scrub."

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 13 September 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#319 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:27 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 September 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

NA > EU/OC
MERCs > Loyalists
Clan > IS

This is not true.
Im in fact the oposite of what you said

Started this event as Loyalist i play EU timezone and IS. Yet i will be getting 2 EXE-c and ZEUS. Pretty much best combo possible.

#320 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostJurosik, on 13 September 2016 - 06:27 AM, said:

This is not true.
Im in fact the oposite of what you said

Started this event as Loyalist i play EU timezone and IS. Yet i will be getting 2 EXE-c and ZEUS. Pretty much best combo possible.

true, for the IS/clan part. Although, it literally does not matter who is drawing the shortest stick here. Be it clan or IS loyalist.
The fact that someone is drawing the shortest straw is what bugs me so much.
As for the timeframe, event started at midnight gmt, that is not primetime unlike 5pm PDT for NA.

How much LP did you lost for dropping your pledge?

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 13 September 2016 - 06:40 AM.

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users