468 replies to this topic

#101 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:33 AM

I'm very disappointed with this event. It was teased for 2 weeks and this is it?

A) No new goals - This event was teased when Russ said, they had new telemetrics. So where are they? Instead of the same old Get DAMAGE! or GET KMDDs in Scouting Mode, we could have gotten goals that reward good team play. "Lance Formation", "Protected Medium" or "Protected Light" reward sticking with other players so they can act as a team. What about Brawler, Flanking or Scouting? These will incentivize a good playstyle.

B ) Uneven Rewards - Its maddening that a IS Player can only get a Zeus while the Clans get a Exe. Thats without the Mech Bay a difference of ~4600 to 7200 MC. Why?

C) Mercs can get both rewards - same question. Why? I think its very unfair to Loyalists, that are straight punished for choosing their faction all those months ago.

I know not everything can be fixed (namely A) but please do something against B and C.

Right now, its already very hard to get KMDDs in Scouting when all you play against are Crows, Jenner IICs and Novas. The chosen reward structure doesnt help that one bit.

Edited by JaidenHaze, 10 September 2016 - 12:33 AM.

#102 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

I'm all for events and the like but...

..PGI! Do you have any idea how much loyality i will lose for changing factions as a loyalist?!

#103 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:48 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 09 September 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

I wasn't the one who fixed the issue so I will pass your thanks along. Posted Image
We had a talk about doing something for the loyalists at the end of the event.
Not sure what that will be yet.

See this. But it is a little bit nebulas, mysterious.

#104 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:57 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 10 September 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

I'm all for events and the like but...

..PGI! Do you have any idea how much loyality i will lose for changing factions as a loyalist?!

So they just wave a few trinkets at you and you're willing to break your loyalty?

#105 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:07 AM

I really really wish I had time for this event. I'll see how much I can do but...

Thank you PGI for this event, no silly criteria and no silly challenge names. Clear and straight forward objectives and from I can see, very good rewards.

Again I hope I have time to do some of these but I might have to pass for now.

#106 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:09 AM

View Posttee5, on 10 September 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

Haven't you realized, that the accumulating of alot of Mercs and good players on Jade Falcon Side has demoralized a lot of players on IS side, hard to find any 12 man on Steiner side.

Well, people still get out of their way to defend against Clan Douchebag so it seems they haven't demoralized enough yet.
It's not hard to find 12 Steiner players, it is hard though to find 12 with enough brains to figure out that attacking is easier than defending, most of them like to feed the Clanners easy wins and money it seems.

Edited by Count Zero 74, 10 September 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#107 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:14 AM

No brainer for me. I've a mountain of MC, all the empty bays I need, and more warhorns already than I know what to do with, a quarter million GXP, and little need for those c-bills. So....11 days of playing a mode I already don't like, or 11 days of fun in quick play finishing leveling of mechs I still haven't finished off since buying them 2 months ago.... gee....tough choice.

#108 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:33 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 September 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

No brainer for me. I've a mountain of MC, all the empty bays I need, and more warhorns already than I know what to do with, a quarter million GXP, and little need for those c-bills. So....11 days of playing a mode I already don't like, or 11 days of fun in quick play finishing leveling of mechs I still haven't finished off since buying them 2 months ago.... gee....tough choice.

Nope, participation is mandatory, if you don't play FP your game will deinstall in the next 24h.

#109 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:12 AM

Oh whatever will I do with my time... oh yes...go mountain biking more and maybe go camping someplace without light pollution and actually be able to see the spiral arm of the galaxy without using my computer.

#110 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:31 AM

View Posttee5, on 10 September 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

Haven't you realized, that the accumulating of alot of Mercs and good players on Jade Falcon Side has demoralized a lot of players on IS side, hard to find any 12 man on Steiner side.

If i want to get depressed over the weekend, then i play CW with Steiner. If not, i play not.

#111 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:33 AM

CW? Lmao. No thanks.

#112 John Mechlane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you...in a locust

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:48 AM

I'm still waiting for the heavy event/sale....

#113 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:00 AM

I like the Event, although as a loyalist I can only do the IS Challenge while Mercs can do both :/

#114 Gianky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:01 AM

Questions:

1) does freelancing count, or only mercenaries and loyalists are eligible for the challenge?
2) if freelancing counts, does that mean that I can do both IS and Clan challenges?

#115 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:02 AM

I'm having a lot of fun with this event, even tho I've been pugging for the last 12 hours. Much better then ANY quickplay challenge lately, teams are more organized and there are not as much lurms as in QP. I would recommend it to newbs even tho they don't have the gear etc. so that they can at least see how real *teams* play. Experience is the mother of everything and this time you get compensated for your pain with some nice free stuff :)

#116 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:03 AM

View PostGianky, on 10 September 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

Questions:

1) does freelancing count, or only mercenaries and loyalists are eligible for the challenge?
2) if freelancing counts, does that mean that I can do both IS and Clan challenges?

I think you have to pick a side. And even if you don't, only matches you will get as freelancer are when there's a 12th seal missing for a premade to stomp.

#117 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:43 AM

View PostJaidenHaze, on 10 September 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

Right now, its already very hard to get KMDDs in Scouting when all you play against are Crows, Jenner IICs and Novas. The chosen reward structure doesnt help that one bit.

I don't even know what a "KMDD" is.

#118 Crushko

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:43 AM

Clan Jade Falcon; Invasion Mode; 2 groups in attack queue, 0 in defend queue; transferring; 30 mins and counting.

Im already done with Scouting, but the Invasion Mode queue times for Clan Jade Falcon are currently an issue.

Edited by Crushko, 10 September 2016 - 03:45 AM.

#119 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostRed Shrike, on 10 September 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

I don't even know what a "KMDD" is.

Kill Most Damage Dealt - so you *may* not get the kill but you did the most dmg prior to the target dying.

Also, just dropped against Long Tom and it still hurts, but it is clearly not as much of a game killer.

#120 ViridianKnight

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Underdark

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:00 AM

pls on heavy event, i could not wait anylonger for it and allready spent my savings on 3xKodiaks, 1 Archer and Orion 2c, the last needed Blacknight and 3XRifelman .... so i only need 2more achers and the 1 Orion2c that i want too keep (cant decide 2energy 2ballsitic or 4 energy 1 ballsitic)

evrything about this event has allredy been said

Especially how unfair it is for us Loyalists!

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users