468 replies to this topic

#401 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 18 September 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Are you doing scouting looking for lights or Invasion?
Almost nobody brings lights in scouting for fear of streaks on the IS side.

Invasion actually will give you better chance to hit lights because they are not only more likely, but more plentiful in a given wave. Sometimes you see 6-8 lights in a wave...

Agreed eight of my is kills and all 10 clan were invasion.

#402 Scarfoot

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

THX 4 the event, was good to play some FW again.

As a turncoat merc I played both sides. Got the IS side done now, took some time longer than on the clan side (KMDD on clan assault took longest)

The waiting time still is no fun, there are simply too many games at the same time.

On the Clan side I could attack, on the IS side only defense was possible, so the comparison is somewhat hard.All were PUG drops, so I usually got mixed teams on both sides. It was more likely to meet a bigger group when defending. I got my wins when finishing the clan side. All mecs were fully mastered and equipped follow the currend meta with some spins fitting to my playstyle.

I know these are not 1000 games but here are some numbers comparing IS/Clan.

IS: 22 Games (Invasion, all defense)
av. Match Score : 228,9
av. KMDD : 4,3
av. Dmg : 1312,7
av. Assist : 18,6

Clan: 16 Games (Invasion, all attack)
av. Match Score : 328,8 (+42%)
av. KMDD : 4,0 (-6%)
av. Dmg : 1351,7 (+3%)
av. Assist : 24,1 (+29%)

The av. XP/CB cant be compared as I had more IS hero mecs and my Premium time ran out in the middle of the event. (I earned more on the clan side)

Have not counted the wins, but I got more on the clan side. And I got all my 4 mecs shot away more often on the IS side by some timber wolf.
Basicly I think the balance is quite OK. If the IS team is able to get the fight at a shorter range they have a slight advantage mainly due to shorter Laser burntime and pinpoint ballistic.
At longer distances the clans are far better.
But the most importand factor is teamwork anyway, and I really got a lot of nice runs on both sides.

Thanks for finally reducing the long tom damage. (one reason for me to play FW again)

Also I did not like the spawnkilling... It happend a few times that a clan group just pushed trough to the spawnpoint, (they are all fast enough) and just killed all that were dropping.
One may argue that it might be an tactic to camp at the spawpoints but I personally dont like it.
Maybe it is possible to prevent this by by giving the dropships way more punch.

There is one points that is annoying:

The waiting time. I don´t have any magic solution, but reducing the games that are played at the same time might work. Just one or two attack lanes for Clan/IS. Or just add a Quickplay button for FW. It is nice for the loyalists to choose an planet to attack but there are simply too many factions. I am sure everybody wants to play and not stare at a timer.

Finally: Was fun to play FW again.

Edited by Scarfoot, 18 September 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#403 Raidflex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:16 PM

Is there a ceasefire going on or something? I wanted to complete some more of the challenge before it ends....

#404 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

I gave up waiting for IS to bring lights to Scouting.

had a few lights where I should had a KMDD, but I didn't in Invasion

one thing I noticed in one of my battles, I was in a light, killed.
but when I looked to see who killed me, my name was no where to be seen, I'm suspecting who did it, also didn't get credit,

#405 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 842 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:57 PM

Finished this on two clan accounts, Easy mechs.

#406 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:27 AM

View PostScarfoot, on 18 September 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

THX 4 the event, was good to play some FW again.

As a turncoat merc I played both sides. Got the IS side done now, took some time longer than on the clan side (KMDD on clan assault took longest)

The waiting time still is no fun, there are simply too many games at the same time.

On the Clan side I could attack, on the IS side only defense was possible, so the comparison is somewhat hard.All were PUG drops, so I usually got mixed teams on both sides. It was more likely to meet a bigger group when defending. I got my wins when finishing the clan side. All mecs were fully mastered and equipped follow the currend meta with some spins fitting to my playstyle.

I know these are not 1000 games but here are some numbers comparing IS/Clan.

IS: 22 Games (Invasion, all defense)
av. Match Score : 228,9
av. KMDD : 4,3
av. Dmg : 1312,7
av. Assist : 18,6

Clan: 16 Games (Invasion, all attack)
av. Match Score : 328,8 (+42%)
av. KMDD : 4,0 (-6%)
av. Dmg : 1351,7 (+3%)
av. Assist : 24,1 (+29%)

The av. XP/CB cant be compared as I had more IS hero mecs and my Premium time ran out in the middle of the event. (I earned more on the clan side)

Have not counted the wins, but I got more on the clan side. And I got all my 4 mecs shot away more often on the IS side by some timber wolf.
Basicly I think the balance is quite OK. If the IS team is able to get the fight at a shorter range they have a slight advantage mainly due to shorter Laser burntime and pinpoint ballistic.
At longer distances the clans are far better.
But the most importand factor is teamwork anyway, and I really got a lot of nice runs on both sides.

Thanks for finally reducing the long tom damage. (one reason for me to play FW again)

Also I did not like the spawnkilling... It happend a few times that a clan group just pushed trough to the spawnpoint, (they are all fast enough) and just killed all that were dropping.
One may argue that it might be an tactic to camp at the spawpoints but I personally dont like it.
Maybe it is possible to prevent this by by giving the dropships way more punch.

There is one points that is annoying:

The waiting time. I don´t have any magic solution, but reducing the games that are played at the same time might work. Just one or two attack lanes for Clan/IS. Or just add a Quickplay button for FW. It is nice for the loyalists to choose an planet to attack but there are simply too many factions. I am sure everybody wants to play and not stare at a timer.

Finally: Was fun to play FW again.

Was surprised to see my stats were actually strangely similar but showed an interesting dynamic as I started with 4 clan mediums (3 hunchback IIC's - dual UAC10/2ML, 2LPL/3ML and SSRM24/ML), Nova – dual ERPPC) then swapped out the streak boat to a new Kodiak 3 with quad LB10X’s. The reason I say that will be obvious from the stats below! In terms of IS I decided to level some mechs so at least the time was more worthwhile – I went a triple UAC5 JM6 (mostly elited), dual UAC20 JM6 (elited but not mastered), TDR-9SE© with triple pulse and STD engine (mastered) and Sparky with triple LPL (no xp at all). In terms of bonuses the dual UAC10 HBKIIC was a origin, the TDR was a champion and obviously the sparky is a Hero! Premium running throughout.

IS (10): Match Score 267.5, KMDD 6.2, Damage 1517.4, Assist 14.9, C-Bills 853,578.2, XP 6,780.9

Clan (17): Match Score 327.6, KMDD 5.5, Damage 1591.4, Assist 18.4, C-Bills 742193.4, XP 6010.5

Kodiak (9): Match Score 322.4, KMDD 7.3, Damage 1792.2, Assist 19.0, C-Bills 790507.9, XP 6763.6

HBK (8): Match Score 333.5, KMDD 3.5, Damage 1365.5, Assist 17.8, C-Bills 687839.6, XP 5163.4

Who would have guessed a KDK was vastly more effective than a streak HBK though amusingly my match score slipped weirdly. ;)

In fairness the Sparky and Streak were only ever used as fourth mechs and by that point it was almost always game over anyway. The sniper Nova turned out to be a great third or last mech as it could snipe very effectively from on high.

The IS KMDD is lower than it should be btw (6.6 vs 6.2) as one particular match it recorded 4 on the end screen but 0 on the tournament screen. Made sense as I ambushed and killed 4 mechs as they passed below my dual AC20 JM6 and never even noticed me. They hadn’t got any damage at all before I killed them one by one… of course then a stormcrow gutted me in one volley from behind in return. ;)

My game modes basically mirrored yours – clan attack only but with just two attack avenues as it was CJF so we met 12 man IS companies a lot. IS was 8 counterattacks and just two defence. Half way through on IS I switched to the one world out of four where neither side had a scouting advantage and mysteriously I did a lot better. In hindsight I’d do that entirely in the future as I’d not noticed how effective the advantages were as CJF just had to scout two worlds and dominated that area overall. The rage turning point was the IS match when I was long tommed three times (22% and 27%, the third finished off a badly damaged but fully armed JM6).

Unlike you I found the ballistic IS mechs much more effective at their relevant range (medium range/brawl) but I’d agree at the long range advantage on the clan side. The joy of slamming AC20 rounds into clan mediums and heavy chests almost made the pain of being overrun worthwhile as you could literally see them go from cocky to panicked and praying someone else would intervene as you non stop pounded them. ;)

No temptation to play FW again unless I can pick the side with shorter queues as 17 matches for CJF all solo took me 1 day and 4 evenings compared to 10 Marik in 5 hours roughly (the first 5-6 were ultra fast getting in but the last 4-5 slower as just queueing on the world with no scout disadvantage).

#407 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:20 AM

I finished it both as IS and Clan.

Clan was easier and took fewer matches to complete.

#408 Lorne Malvo

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:33 AM

I feel like this challenge favors mercs over loyalists, because if you want to unlock both mechs you have to desert as a loyalist whereas a merc you just can switch the faction without any penalty.

In my case it didn't hurt much to desert Clan Wolf since I already got my 2 mechbays there, but if I am back to being a loyalist at my favorite faction and stand to lose 1/4 of my lp just to get a new mechbay and a mech I find this a tad unfair.

Wasn't the last operation frontline in such a way that you had to choose between the mechs? This is a far better approach in my opinion since it doesn't force you to desert in order to get the second mechbay.

Also if you do not get aware of the event in time you do not even have the time to desert and complete the other challenge.

#409 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:48 AM

Came late into the challenge, tried to get a FP match yesterday... Waited for 15 minutes to get an invasion match, finally got 12 for a drop, and then the ceasefire hit.. Closed the client and went to hang with my GF.. if I can't get a FP match tonight, gonna skip this challenge...

Too bad though.. nice prizes.. :-(

#410 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

How much does an Executioner sell for when stripped ? The Zeus will get you 1.9m Cbills. I'm not to fired up about it because its a game. However the challenge is already easier to claim as a clan member and i'm willing to bet the clan reward is at least twice as valuable as IS. Can the Inner Sphere get some love ?

Most other challenges at least gave you a choice.

Edited by Racerxintegra2k, 19 September 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#411 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 19 September 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

How much does an Executioner sell for when stripped ? The Zeus will get you 1.9m Cbills. I'm not to fired up about it because its a game. However the challenge is already easier to claim as a clan member and i'm willing to bet the clan reward is at least twice as valuable as IS. Can the Inner Sphere get some love ?

Most other challenges at least gave you a choice.

You stripped everything like engines out of one of the mechs and want to compare it to one with a large xl engine and omnipods etc? In fairness a lot of us did clan on that basis but at least compare fully loaded with fully loaded. ������

Edited by Aramuside, 19 September 2016 - 08:03 AM.

#412 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:24 AM

View PostAramuside, on 19 September 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

You stripped everything like engines out of one of the mechs and want to compare it to one with a large xl engine and omnipods etc? In fairness a lot of us did clan on that basis but at least compare fully loaded with fully loaded. ������

Any way you compare it the Inner Sphere gets the greater challenge and the much lesser prize. Unless you compare it as 1 Mech + Mech bay = 1 mech + Mech bay

Zeus fully loaded being sold is 3 million. What is the Executioner ? We could go by a rough buy price as well .. Zeus's go for what 8 million tops the Executioners go for 17-18 million

Edited by Racerxintegra2k, 19 September 2016 - 08:27 AM.

#413 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:04 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 19 September 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

Any way you compare it the Inner Sphere gets the greater challenge and the much lesser prize. Unless you compare it as 1 Mech + Mech bay = 1 mech + Mech bay

Zeus fully loaded being sold is 3 million. What is the Executioner ? We could go by a rough buy price as well .. Zeus's go for what 8 million tops the Executioners go for 17-18 million

Yes, EXE is more valuable. If we take Mercs out of the equation and said "You can only earn the one affiliated to your faction then it would actually be much more fair because Clan tech costs more than IS tech. So you have to look at it as not only what you are getting for free but what it costs for the loyalist of that faction. You are not taking it into consideration that there is a "cost of living" difference between Clan and IS.
I can only look at my own drop decks but I run similar builds on my Warhammers and Timbers/Ebons and the resale value of my clan deck is ~16 million and my IS deck is ~5 million. I use that as an example because they are functional, well appointed, and ready for battle as opposed to stock builds.

Many pages ago I pointed out that *ALL* clan heavies save for some Mad Dogs are more expensive than the Zeus that the IS are getting. So if we simply go by straight economics and some peoples arguments that they should be equally valued, the Clans would get a high-end MEDIUM (or a Mad Dog) mech to the IS Assault.

Would that be fair? I don't think you'd have many clanners scrambling to face you for this event if that disparity occurred.

Edited by MovinTarget, 19 September 2016 - 09:12 AM.

#414 El Switchblade

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 87 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

Any news on a fix for those of us that got two Executioners? I'd really like that Zeus.

#415 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

Yes.... a week ago...PGI announced the decision they made. Go search for it.

#416 El Switchblade

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 87 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustin

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

They had announced that they fixed the bug on the event page, but I did not see anything for those of us that were incorrectly rewarded an Executioner for completing the IS portion of the event on the first day.

#417 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostEl Switchblade, on 19 September 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

They had announced that they fixed the bug on the event page, but I did not see anything for those of us that were incorrectly rewarded an Executioner for completing the IS portion of the event on the first day.

Things to know now that the event is ending/over:

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 September 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Hey all,

Given the number of players affected by the incorrect 'Mech injections, and the variable status of the 'Mechs in each account (from 'Mech sellbacks, equipment changes, etc) we've decided that Support services will not be performing manual swaps of the reward 'Mechs.
Instead, when the Event comes to an end those players who received the wrong 'Mech for completing their associated Ultimate Faction challenge will receive the 'Mech that should have been injected. These injections of the correct 'Mechs will be performed on Tuesday, September 20th.
The 'Mech those players received in error will also remain in their account, or in the case of a sellback, they will keep the C-Bills acquired from the sale.

We feel the above solution is the best middle ground in this case. Apologies to anyone who was affected by this issue; with the problem fixed no additional instances of incorrect 'Mech rewards should occur.

View PostMatt Newman, on 09 September 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

I wasn't the one who fixed the issue so I will pass your thanks along. Posted Image
We had a talk about doing something for the loyalists at the end of the event.
Not sure what that will be yet.

*Emphasis added by me, text unchanged.

Edited by MovinTarget, 19 September 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#418 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostEl Switchblade, on 19 September 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Any news on a fix for those of us that got two Executioners? I'd really like that Zeus.

Sell one, and you can buy a Zeus and still have money to fit it out.

I kept several of the Exe's omnipods and it still sold for 7m CBills or so.

Edited by Appogee, 19 September 2016 - 12:38 PM.

#419 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 September 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

Yes, EXE is more valuable. If we take Mercs out of the equation and said "You can only earn the one affiliated to your faction then it would actually be much more fair because Clan tech costs more than IS tech. So you have to look at it as not only what you are getting for free but what it costs for the loyalist of that faction. You are not taking it into consideration that there is a "cost of living" difference between Clan and IS.
I can only look at my own drop decks but I run similar builds on my Warhammers and Timbers/Ebons and the resale value of my clan deck is ~16 million and my IS deck is ~5 million. I use that as an example because they are functional, well appointed, and ready for battle as opposed to stock builds.

Many pages ago I pointed out that *ALL* clan heavies save for some Mad Dogs are more expensive than the Zeus that the IS are getting. So if we simply go by straight economics and some peoples arguments that they should be equally valued, the Clans would get a high-end MEDIUM (or a Mad Dog) mech to the IS Assault.

Would that be fair? I don't think you'd have many clanners scrambling to face you for this event if that disparity occurred.

While i appreciate the point you are trying to make from the clan perspective and it is a good point. The Inner sphere still get the raw deal. The rewards are not equal. Zeus + Cbill difference to Executioner at least.

#420 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 19 September 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

While i appreciate the point you are trying to make from the clan perspective and it is a good point. The Inner sphere still get the raw deal. The rewards are not equal. Zeus + Cbill difference to Executioner at least.

And I'm not saying you're point is invalid either, but I'm just tired of everyone... EVERYONE thinking they are the victim, that they got shafted when all this is completely optional and for the sake of whatever you consider holy, don't equate the challenge rewards to your perception of worth.

PGI has to run a business, if there is free stuff to be had, there has to be a reason that benefits them in some way, shape or form.

Don't kid yourself that they love clanners more than they love IS players, trust me, in the end we are are all the same to them (and take that any way you care to).

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users