• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostKargush, on 30 September 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Doesn't matter what Russ does, the community is going to ***** and whine, whine and *****, because it wasn't 100% what absolutely everyone wanted.

New game mode? Spawns are bad, win conditions aren't unique enough, still just descends into "kill everyone."

New map? Spawns are bad, geometry is bad, there is too much cover, there isn't enough cover, why aren't there base defences or destructable terrain?

Revamped CW? Spawns are bad, win conditions are crap, maps aren't big enough, maps are too big, maps favour one side over the other.

Free pizza for everyone? I'm vegan, I'm on a diet, I don't like cheese, why can't I have pepperoni, why wasn't it from my favourite pizza place down the street?

if Russ, Paul, and Bryan returned to the forum posting for more info instead of Twitter, alot would stop as you say, "crying".

#122 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

Doesn't matter what Russ does, the community is going to ***** and whine, whine and *****, because it wasn't 100% what absolutely everyone wanted...

I don't buy this. Yes there is always complaining by a vocal minority about anything, but the community as a whole is often mostly supportive (see initial decals announcement), often split (see comments regarding ED 1.0-2.0) and even more often of evolving opinions (see comments regarding ED 2.0-5.0).

In regard to the recent Clan heroes kerfuffle, if Russ were to have announced "Exciting news! Something a lot of you have been waiting for: clan hero mechs! Details by 4:00PM" Instead of doing the coy bs that he did, I think a lot of the qqing from the "community" would have been minimal (yes some would moan "great more mechs oh boy").
If he would have announced a hero Urban Mech, their would have been even less complaining.
If he would have announced a new found dedication to making CW immersive and interactive it would have been nil.

#123 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

Doesn't matter what Russ does, the community is going to ***** and whine, whine and *****, because it wasn't 100% what absolutely everyone wanted.

New game mode? Spawns are bad, win conditions aren't unique enough, still just descends into "kill everyone."

New map? Spawns are bad, geometry is bad, there is too much cover, there isn't enough cover, why aren't there base defences or destructable terrain?

Revamped CW? Spawns are bad, win conditions are crap, maps aren't big enough, maps are too big, maps favour one side over the other.

Free pizza for everyone? I'm vegan, I'm on a diet, I don't like cheese, why can't I have pepperoni, why wasn't it from my favourite pizza place down the street?

Posted Image

Someone that isn't angry about PGI being incompotent? What ARE you?

#124 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

Russ Bullock is related to Sean Murray and I claim my free cockpit item!

#125 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

Meanwhile at Mechcon...

PGI; Great news! We're shutting down mw:o and starting MLP:O and relaunching Transverse 2.0 with Founder packs! Would you like to buy a pony pack?

HBS: Great News! We bought out P.G.I assets and all their former art department employees! Yes Alex is among them now working for us!

MW:O players: Umm woo hoo?

#126 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 30 September 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Meanwhile at Mechcon...

PGI; Great news! We're shutting down mw:o and starting MLP:O and relaunching Transverse 2.0 with Founder packs! Would you like to buy a pony pack?

HBS: Great News! We bought out P.G.I assets and all their former art department employees! Yes Alex is among them now working for us!

Russ: "We bought the Battletech license and forced Battletech to shut down! BE HAPPY FOR US!"

#127 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

What I find so funny is how many people are still hopefully awaiting a real, meaty improvement to the game.

When has ever happened that makes you think that it would happen now or in the future?

PGI made a minimum viable MOBA and sells robbits for it. We all buys the robbits, good or bad, regardless of game changes.

What possible reason is there for them to do otherwise or you to think they will?

Edited by MischiefSC, 30 September 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#128 Alexii

• PipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 77 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

Ohh, its funny how life changes and MWO remains the same. Since last time i played - Capaldi became the Doctor. Obama is on the way out. My wife decided she wants a divorce and took 50% of my stuff and 100% of my cats. I got a new motorcycle and 2 weeks later a new metal plate in my wrist. And MWO is still a shallow deathmatch stompy shooter. Well, see you all in another year and a half =)

#129 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 30 September 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

if Russ, Paul, and Bryan returned to the forum posting for more info instead of Twitter, alot would stop as you say, "crying".

View PostBud Crue, on 30 September 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

I don't buy this.

No offense but Bullsh*t...

There are but a select few (mostly art team) who can show their faces without taking blows to their face and neck. Russ, Paul, and Brian are lightning rods to perpetually disenfranchised sling and arrows...

You cannot find me one, post where any of these guys has posted that did not turn into some hippy-dippy pile of fecal matter... Not one. Find it and I'll eat my words. Posted Image

Listen, I'd love to have the pre closed-beta days when the devs roamed freely and we all felt like we were part of a bigger picture and the devs wanted and far more often than not... make concerted effort to ask for our opinions. Sadly, the reality is this place is no longer a friendly environment and even with focused effort, we can never return to those glory days. PGI has burned too many bridges and there is just too much seething hate and contempt smoldering this these forums.

Just read the derision in this very thread and tell me with a straight face that this is not the sad reality...

To be clear PGI is front and center as to why this is the case. That said, I'm not prepared to infer the community is not complicit either...

#130 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 30 September 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Which is the only content i have come to expect from PGI.

Posted Image

Same here.

Which is why I'm not at all disappointed by the announcement.

The Announcement Predictions thread had a certain...echo-chamber effect.

Some seriously effing hopeful predictions, well beyond "minor."

#131 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:25 PM

View PostJables McBarty, on 30 September 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Same here.

Which is why I'm not at all disappointed by the announcement.

The Announcement Predictions thread had a certain...echo-chamber effect.

Some seriously effing hopeful predictions, well beyond "minor."

At this point, I'm actually going to remake my Twitter account I shut down, JUST to try and get Russ's attention, for better or for worse. We need SOMEONE to find a way to get through that soundproofing around his island.

'grumbles about still not being able to see enemy markers on half the maps due to the minimap hating me for being colorblind'

Posted Image

Expect me to be blocked within the week.

#132 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:30 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 30 September 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

The best part is that I don't think Russ understands WHY we're frustrated with him. I think he truly believes this is stuff we should be excited about and thanking them for.

The worst part? I still want to give them money so I can have the 2016 loyalty rewards. Even after all this garbage. I might need to take a break from the game at this rate.

Or maybe he perfectly knows that it just doesn't matter because there are enough people with Stockholm syndrome who "still want to give them money" while openly confessing that they aren't satisfied with the product?

#133 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

View PostDaZur, on 30 September 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

No offense but Bullsh*t...

There are but a select few (mostly art team) who can show their faces without taking blows to their face and neck. Russ, Paul, and Brian are lightning rods to perpetually disenfranchised sling and arrows...

You cannot find me one, post where any of these guys has posted that did not turn into some hippy-dippy pile of fecal matter... Not one. Find it and I'll eat my words. Posted Image

Listen, I'd love to have the pre closed-beta days when the devs roamed freely and we all felt like we were part of a bigger picture and the devs wanted and far more often than not... make concerted effort to ask for our opinions. Sadly, the reality is this place is no longer a friendly environment and even with focused effort, we can never return to those glory days. PGI has burned too many bridges and there is just too much seething hate and contempt smoldering this these forums.

Just read the derision in this very thread and tell me with a straight face that this is not the sad reality...

To be clear PGI is front and center as to why this is the case. That said, I'm not prepared to infer the community is not complicit either...

I simply disagree with the premise that everyone, even most everyone, is always going to throw a fit no matter what Russ or PGI does regarding anything. That simply is not true, historically or realistically. In my post above I acknowledge that there is indeed nearly always someone who is going to whine, but the idea that we are all screaming "this sucks" at every decision simply isn't true. While I have my own axes to grind with PGI, and thus ***** about certain things(what they have done and what they are proposing to do to FP), for most things I am utterly indifferent about or even pleased with. I think most people are like that, otherwise we ALL would have stopped playing and commenting a long time ago.

I see the relationship/communication problem between Russ and the Community as being one of tone and conduct. Russ has pulled so many fast ones and/or just been a punk so often (e.g. "tone", see barely contained disdain during last half of FP town hall; e.g. "punk", see "90 days", see also April 2016 town hall) that even many who agree with something he is doing or saying get pissed off about the way he is saying it (see the last "small content item that is unanticipated" comment and resulting brouhaha). Now compare that kind of contemptuous/dismissive PR conduct to the sorts of announcements that PGI officially puts out (usually by Alex or Tina), wherein there is no coy BS, no judgment, no commentary, but just a statement and explanation of what is coming or happening. Pick any of the official PGI announcement threads and you will find a broad cross-section of comments and attitudes from the community in response thereto, but there are rarely ones where the community response is predominately negative.

#134 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:53 AM

'Aight. Actually reclaimed my Twitter account that has been screaming at me that it was hacked for the last half a year, sent Russ garbage he'll never notice. Considering Russ though, the only way we can get content is if we "incentivize" him.

Posted Image

#135 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:37 AM

If Tina, the COMMUNITY MANAGER had a stronger presence and actually relayed useful information to us on a regular basis, we'd probably be content - and likely ignore Twitter.

#136 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

they would just leave again

View PostJediPanther, on 30 September 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Meanwhile at Mechcon...

shut down MWO? why?

#137 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 29 September 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

So, Russ had claimed we were getting a small content update. Content. He even specified that it wasn't going to be a mech chassis. So, apparently, Russ believes that reskins and hardpoints being moved around is content that we should be excited for. What's next Russ? Saying we're getting a big content update, and handing us the bill for your car payments directly? Really Russ, did you actually expect us to get excited for this? I wouldn't have minded if you hadn't told us that content was coming. If this had been suddenly released, I might have actually been interested.

Either give us ACTUAL content, like colorblind support, HTAL, rear view cameras, or literally anything besides a goddamn mech to buy. I was disappointed with the event as your announcement, but the mechs are just an insult.

It's always fun to check in on this forum from time to time.. This game has been the same thing for.. what 3 or 4 years now..? There's no development going on... I remember two years ago when Russ was talking in a town hall about Jets, Tanks and Infantry and community warfare... LOL.. I can't believe PGI ever thought they could pull off Transverse..

Apparently they removed the founder tag.. but I've been here since the beginning. The same concerns on this forum today are the exact same concerns since the very start.. PGI is never going to change.

Edited by DivideByZer0, 01 October 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#138 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

View PostDivideByZer0, on 01 October 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's always fun to check in on this forum from time to time.. This game has been the same thing for.. what 3 or 4 years now..? There's no development going on... I remember two years ago when Russ was talking in a town hall about Jets, Tanks and Infantry and community warfare... LOL.. I can't believe PGI ever thought they could pull off Transverse..

Apparently they removed the founder tag.. but I've been here since the beginning. The same concerns on this forum today are the exact same concerns since the very start.. PGI is never going to change.

I have footage of Russ when he first noticed how many people are fans of the Mechwarrior IP.

Posted Image

#139 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostDaZur, on 30 September 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

You have a point there. The community is complicititious. People just randomly decided one day:

Ima start criticizing PGI. No reason. I'm just gonna do it.

#140 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostHunka Junk, on 01 October 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

You have a point there. The community is complicititious. People just randomly decided one day:

Ima start criticizing PGI. No reason. I'm just gonna do it.

And that one day was called launch. Posted Image

Edited by Trev Firestorm, 01 October 2016 - 12:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users