Trump

117 replies to this topic

#1 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:50 AM

America gets the President they deserve, while the rest of the world tries to understand the apparent phenomenon of mass-idiocy that has gripped the yanks. We laughed at them when they voted in dubya, twice - but they've just outdone themselves this time.

Now we brace for the fall-out.

Instead of enduring another 4 years of disliked policy under a place-holder chick who at least knows what the f*ck international politics is about until the two sides can field decent candidates, they instead vote in a reality show joke to lead them.

GG USA. GG.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:52 AM

well, I will get dollar paid products cheaper soon, thats fine.

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 November 2016 - 01:52 AM.

#3 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:06 AM

I honestly did not think it would be possible. I thought there would _have_ to be enough sensible people in the US to prevent things getting to this point.

Apparently I overestimated them. I'm sorry, America. I thought you were collectively smarter than you've proven yourselves to be. It won't happen again.

At least it's only 4 years. It _will_ be only 4 years, right? RIGHT, 'MERICA?

#4 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:26 AM

I didn't want him to win, and I thought Clinton would eke out a slight edge.

However, in the USA there is a feeling from the right wing that their leaders were too weak, so they went for the most extreme guy who didn't double talk them. He was open about how much he dislikes x, y, or, z.

Now it will be a pretty weird 4 years, and probably a diplomatic disaster.

The only upside may be that Russian-USA relations will improve, but only because both countries will be run by egotists who are fine with hating on others.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 09 November 2016 - 04:27 AM.

#5 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:31 AM

Hate is now a family value.

#6 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:05 AM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 09 November 2016 - 04:26 AM, said:

I didn't want him to win, and I thought Clinton would eke out a slight edge.

However, in the USA there is a feeling from the right wing that their leaders were too weak, so they went for the most extreme guy who didn't double talk them. He was open about how much he dislikes x, y, or, z.

also was a guy in 1930's

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 November 2016 - 05:06 AM.

#7 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:16 AM

The Democrats are idiots. They could have put anyone up against Trump and would have had a good chance to win. Bernie Sanders, man of the people, doesn't talk from a high horse like other politicians - basically what people like about Trump, just without the misogyny and xenophobia. And whom do they chose? Hillary Clinton. The proverbial role-model of a modern politician, exactly what people DID NOT want. Plus all that stuff about e-mails etc.

Btw, it was pretty funny to see those signs reading "Women for Trump" or "Hispanics for Trump" in the republican crowd.

#8 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:43 AM

Whether they got Trump or Clinton, USA deserve whatever president they are stupid enough to elect, this election has been a god damn joke in the very beginning. My only worry is how these stupid president would wreck the rest of the world.

#9 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostShevek Anarres, on 09 November 2016 - 05:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

misses Kim. and I gess erdogan isn't that bad, as he may be barkign loud but is rather irrelevant for the rest of the world. Sad for the fellow unfeathred turkeys, but EU could just close the borders to his otherwise insignificant country and done. We have enough turkeys here in germany to provide us with kebab even when the borders are closed. Turkey isn't a nation that has anythign of value to offer. N-Kora on the other side could start some much more serious trouble even if the country itself doesn't have much either.

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 November 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#10 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:28 AM

I don't think it's particularly difficult to understand. The way I see it, it's driven by VERY similar underlying sentiments as Brexit. And all these right-wing populist movements you see ALL over Europe, including up here in the Nordic countries.

In short, the world's changing a lot, globalization, social norms, etc., and a considerable segment of the population is feeling left out. In all of these countries, that's mainly the old, the uneducated and the slow-to-learn. So people yearn for the "good old days" when people were white, straight, and employed.

An additional twist in US though is the immense hatred towards DC from ALL segments of the society. At the opposite end of the spectrum -- among the young and educated -- Bernie Sanders was phenomenally popular, considering how outlandish his suggested policies are in traditional American context. So overall it was just a big and undoubtedly deserved "FU" to DC.

Of course, what unites Trump and the Brexit guys is that neither have suggested anything viable to help matters, but oh well:

Posted Image

Edited by jss78, 09 November 2016 - 06:32 AM.

#11 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:39 AM

View Postjss78, on 09 November 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

I don't think it's particularly difficult to understand. The way I see it, it's driven by VERY similar underlying sentiments as Brexit. And all these right-wing populist movements you see ALL over Europe, including up here in the Nordic countries.

In short, the world's changing a lot, globalization, social norms, etc., and a considerable segment of the population is feeling left out. In all of these countries, that's mainly the uneducated and the slow-to-learn. So people yearn for the "good old days" when people were white, straight, and employed.

Of course, what unites Trump and the Brexit guys is that neither have suggested anything viable to help matters, but oh well:

Posted Image

"the good old days"

In terms if britain this was ruling over colonies, and with less automation.
Look at britain,, what do they have? they are an insignificant country by any kind fo ressources, trading is their way to survive and when they brexit this will just backfire a lot. The higher educated and innovative labour will soon be outsourced completely to countries like China. and then a lot nations will get toubly, mosly those who have issues producing better stuff than others and those lackign natural ressources.

The "old days" was wealth generated at the cost of someone elses wealth. globalisation does also distribute wealth, but nationalism will doom these countries as they are now ressoucelss countries filled with consumers. nationalism would need conquest and growth outside the country to work, but the world is full. so without any war that model won't work anymore, and since nearly anythignw e consume comes from various palces around the world, you won't get nationalistic throught working well. Not without heavily reducing your own inhabitants living standards anyways.

The reaosn why people feel left out is, that those effects started some better situated people milking their fellow citizens of wealth. And now we get the issue of more poor people and a few rich ones. And this always caused social tensions and how history solved them everytime they went too big can be read about.

if people don't lern to share and we do not contain capitalism goign wild it WILL fail. capitalism is a system that needs growth, but the world is full there is no way to grow anymore except causing a HUGE collaps like wars do to create room again for growth. But that is not the solution a so called intelligent and civilised race should go.

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 November 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#12 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:32 AM

As an American, I voted for Trump. It is a risk I will admit. We gave the British Vote a chance, give us one.

#13 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 09 November 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

As an American, I voted for Trump. It is a risk I will admit. We gave the British Vote a chance, give us one.

but the british have yet not sent in the leave request yet.

#14 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 09 November 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

but the british have yet not sent in the leave request yet.

who knows if they actually do it now they already felt a bit of whats to come for them.
it is already proven that most of the leave campaign based on a huge amount of lies.

#15 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:15 AM

If I were American, I would not have voted for this guy based on merits, qualifications, or integrity. The man is a conspiracy theorist, and giving such a guy power is dangerous.

This all said, a part of me does think that in order to have change, you must also be willing to bite the bullet and do a little breaking. Your country does need change, and I think Trump will deliver. Only time will tell if it is for the better.

#16 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 09 November 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

A Risk - well playing with a hand grenade is a risk - but given the choices you had - death by paper cut or Harakiri with a spoon - both would hurt - funny that it seems that the ruling caste (yes that fit) don't give a dann about the people they should represent.
This gives room for nationalist and others to increase unrest - and the rulers don't give a damn about it either - funny they behave like Russ but on a more serious business (We know what is good for you, now shut up - heck they behave worse)

Considering the foreign politics of the last two presidents, well it hardly could become worse (ok Murphy shut up)
The Nato and the US at the tip have violated the charter of human rights how often in the last 15-20years?
Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Irak, Egypt, Lybia, Syria almost Ukraine?
Yeah sure bombs to liberate people did work well before - so Trump need to drop more bombs faster - and I don't think he will do.
And considering the opinion of the media - to spreading fear and unrest because of Trumps election, I wonder that he is indeed the better option.
Usually Mark Twains advice to rethink your position when you are on the side of the majority fit very well

#17 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

Posted Image
LORD TRUMP GGCLOSE.

the American Presidential Elections in retrospect:
Posted Image

#18 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 09 November 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

an insignificant country by any kind fo ressources

You sound mad bro... where do you get this information? Even without thinking i come up with coal, we got loads of it, dont even bother to dig it anymore (prolly cheaper to buy as things stand), then there is oil, mostly scottish north sea, that the weak and failing EU would love to get its hands on, via funding of divisive referendum. I came up with these on the spot, there are many more.

There seems to be this feeling in the world that you can force immigration on the people of any country using economics as an excuse and brow beating any dissenters with crys of racist. This is why trump and brexit, if "they" are to stupid to listen and we end up with far right governments they will only have themself to blame. Personally i have loathed the establishment ideology most of my life, anything... anything would be a refreshing change.

#19 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

All I know is that we better get the Haldol and some thiamine ready because the USA (and maybe the world) is about to have one of the most epic cases of the DTs ever.

This is gonna be huge! Amazing! And with full control of the House and Senate, I wonder who will they will blame if he gets in over his head? I mean there's no bankruptcy court to save a country or a president from itself.

Course there is always this to consider: "Why can't we use nuclear weapons?" -Donald Trump

Epic.

#20 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

Didnt obama threatent o print a 1 trillion dollar bill and clear the national debt? OMG if trump did that!!! "national debt" "government debt" just way to enslave populations, ensure their future compliance. How many of the common people asked for, agreed to, or in many cases even know or understand "national debt" It is a system that deserves to end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users