I'm So Glad Ppcs Are Back

60 replies to this topic

#1 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

Now that C-LPL is mostly useless and UACs have been made worthless we can resume the good old days of jump sniping each other with PPCs the whole game.

I really missed the dynamic and exciting gameplay of PPC trading for 10 minutes.

I'm sure these exciting balance changes will really shake up the meta and reduce our build variety down so I don't have to keep purchasing mechs.

What do you guys think?

I know I got my 4x C-ERPPC Warhawk ready to go.

#2 Gaden Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 449 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

I have faith that they will fix it .... sooner or later (mostly later).

#3 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Spin, spin, spin goes the meta as things are nerfed. I'm sure PPCs will come back around again in about a year and a half. The next LRMpocalypse is due too.

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

wow they lowered the ERPPC heat?

#5 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostJikil, on 13 November 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Now that C-LPL is mostly useless and UACs have been made worthless we can resume the good old days of jump sniping each other with PPCs the whole game.

I really missed the dynamic and exciting gameplay of PPC trading for 10 minutes.

I'm sure these exciting balance changes will really shake up the meta and reduce our build variety down so I don't have to keep purchasing mechs.

What do you guys think?

I know I got my 4x C-ERPPC Warhawk ready to go.

What do I think? Well, the patch hasn't even dropped yet, and you're saying the weapon with almost twice the heat will eclipse what will still be a fine weapon.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 13 November 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 November 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

wow they lowered the ERPPC heat?

from 14 to 13,5 but only the IS version. Hardly any difference.
Mind you, the ballistic and c-large pulse changes will have even less of an impact.
Who used a c-large pulse @ 1,2 km anyways?

#7 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:04 PM

Its higly probable that set of 8 requirements will destroy several PPC platforms. Also brawling never went out of style so I don't know what you are talking about.

Who cares about long range LPLAS vomit. 90% of combat in this game is under 450 meters.

#8 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:14 PM

**sigh**

Everything about MWO is arbitrary. Be thankful that PGI has not dug their heels in and said "it is what it is", and not ever attempted to balance the weapons or game play.

No, it will never be perfect. No matter what some ****** will complain about something. PGI ultimately has done a good job of tweaking and adjusting the weapons to keep them competitive.

So... learn, adapt, over come, and enjoy the game. Or.... be a like the current political "protesters" and cry about not getting your participation trophy.

I'll see you in the servers. :)

#9 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

Meanwhile I've been using ERPPCs on my Adder Prime and it's never been bad. And they just made the variant even better Posted Image
I might even be able to revert back to the stock build and trade the three DHS for the targeting computer.

It is a shame about the UAC changes though, and IMO they are pretty heavy-handed. The C-LPL change seems a little justified, but also heavy-handed. If only PGI would be into buffing the weaker weapons *cough* C-ERLL *cough* instead of nerfing the strong ones.

#10 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostBigBenn, on 13 November 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

**sigh**

Everything about MWO is arbitrary. Be thankful that PGI has not dug their heels in and said "it is what it is", and not ever attempted to balance the weapons or game play.

No, it will never be perfect. No matter what some ****** will complain about something. PGI ultimately has done a good job of tweaking and adjusting the weapons to keep them competitive.

So... learn, adapt, over come, and enjoy the game. Or.... be a like the current political "protesters" and cry about not getting your participation trophy.

I'll see you in the servers. Posted Image

Bad post is bad, except the start of the 3rd last line.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:35 PM

View PostJikil, on 13 November 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

Bad/misinformed thread is bad. Both CLPL and UACs will still be useful. Player mentality however, will compel them to stay away from those weapons for a while simply because they are nerfed, despite their continued usability.

Edited by El Bandito, 14 November 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#12 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 November 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

Bad/misinformed thread is bad. Both CLPL and UACs will still be useful. Players however, will stay away from them for a while due to them being nerfed.

UAC5 is going to suck *** due to the 50% heat increase. And I know everyone thinks the KDK-3 needed changes which I agree but destroying the whole UAC line wasn't the best way to do it.

Soon everyone will be using PCC+Gauss because brawling is dead thanks to PGI making every map huge.

#13 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:33 PM

@JiKil: You claim the maps are huge, but people are only voting for HPG, canyon and mining. That topic is still on the front page somewhere. Those maps are not oversized.

#14 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

View PostJikil, on 13 November 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

UAC5 is going to suck *** due to the 50% heat increase. And I know everyone thinks the KDK-3 needed changes which I agree but destroying the whole UAC line wasn't the best way to do it.

Soon everyone will be using PCC+Gauss because brawling is dead thanks to PGI making every map huge.

1. That 50% heat increase only mean 0.5 heat increase per shot, which is insignificant. In case you were living under the rock, AC5 class had much lower heat per damage compared to other ACs. This is simply PGI making AC DPH even across the board. The heat increase is 100% warranted.

2. UAC lines are not destroyed, you are simply blowing things out of proportion.

3. Brawling will actually benefit from this, since snipers are much more vulnerable against brawlers than UAC boats.

Edited by El Bandito, 13 November 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#15 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

I use PPC's, ER PPC's and AC5's, both clan and inner sphere variants, all the time.

I doubt the balance changes will affect me.

It'll be like trying to distinguish the difference between CD quality sound and cassette tapes.

Most wouldn't notice a difference.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 13 November 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#16 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

In the MWO Championship Semi-Finals PPCs and Gauss seemed to dominate, so pretty sure those weapons are already the in thing.

Edited by Belacose, 13 November 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#17 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostBelacose, on 13 November 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

In the MWO Championship Semi-Finals PPCs and Gauss seemed to dominate, so pretty sure those weapons must already be the in thing.

PPFLD (specifically Clan PPFLD) is indeed meta in the championship. However, that is the meta in the highest level of coordination and play--which doesn't translate well into pug matches.

#18 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

Pfft, 50% heat increase is nothing compared to the nerf for getting a UAC unjammed, that is the true evil in the nerf. Jam chance should have gone up, quite possibly to 20%, leave the unjam at 5 seconds.

#19 Airwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:10 PM

weapon of choice in previous mw titles.

#20 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 November 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

1. That 50% heat increase only mean 0.5 heat increase per shot, which is insignificant. In case you were living under the rock, AC5 class had much lower heat per damage compared to other ACs. This is simply PGI making AC DPH even across the board. The heat increase is 100% warranted.

I'm going to chime in here and say that originally, autocannon damage per heat values were meant to favor the smaller ACs over the larger ones. The AC/10 was supposed to have better damage per heat than the 20, etc. It was meant to add a small additional reason to not just use the biggest strongest AC.

Tabletop messed this up by making the AC/2 have the same heat as the AC/5 (rounded the value up instead of down like the others), but every other AC stock DPH value actually lined up as expected.

With the patch, every normal AC will officially have 3.33 damage per heat...so the AC/2 has the same DPH as the AC/20. This makes me a sad panda. Posted Image Gotta normalize dem spreadsheets bruh.

EDIT: I don't think that the AC/5 heat increase is going to "kill" the gun per se, but I don't think it was really necessary since the gun has to be either boated, combined, or quirked to become truly powerful. Outside of those conditions, it's basically just average.

Load a mech (with minimal or no ballistic quirks) with 2 AC/5 and only limited backup weapons. Tell me how OP and out of line your performance is.

Edited by FupDup, 13 November 2016 - 10:44 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users