Roughneck Lore And Blueprint

102 replies to this topic

#41 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Seriously...the whole wizkids mechwarrior clix line was FULL of mechs they invented, and then retconned into new TROs and other publications. The 3085 TRO in particular was full of them.

#42 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

And most of them were not very impressive. They were pretty horrible in aesthetic and battlefield capabilities.

#43 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

[Redacted]

STOP IT PGI!
You are Killing off your player base! We WANT FW Fixed!!!! We Want more Maps, Objectives, Better game Modes, New Weapons and the List goes on! When you do that,...People will buy New MECHS and come back to playing this game! I have over 300 Mechs and i have been playing this game since the First day of Open Beta, I WILL NOT Buy any more Mechs!

But do not listen to US,....we are the ones that put money in your bank accounts! Just keep killing the Game.

Edited by John Wolf, 05 December 2016 - 04:31 PM.
Its alright to be frustrated, but keep your thoughts and posts constructive. If you feel there is a problem, offer solutions.

#44 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Well, I was hoping for the Lancelot or Champion, but ok. Most of the hardpoints look interesting enough for me to throw down the cash but the "Hero" looks like a Rifleman on paper. If Alex wanted to be creative I won't be too judgmental.

#45 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 03 December 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

CK16, its just an other Mech, nothing special so it remains NO.

And it is in a weight class that is already well rounded out on both sides as is on top of it not being Lore.

Posted Image

Edited by Jep, 03 December 2016 - 04:33 PM.

#46 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Alex did a great job on that mech, but the current IS technology/setup will hamper it.

Would it have mattered which IS weight class it represented? Without the one torso loss+survivable isXL engine, I do not see it really shining because most of its variants rely in heavy and slot eating ballistics+ammo, whether it is UAC5, AC5, AC10, or even the UAC10 if introduced.

To purchase it to show support for Alex!?!? even though it knowing that an XL engine will be a "side torso check" death sentence? Or go STD and be slow as piss. FRAK FRAK FRAK

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 December 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#47 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

Tarl, yes Alex did the job, but its Russ`s Mech, so buying it will support Russ doing the same decisions time and time again, not fixing CW or adding actual content to the game. If I knew my money would go directly in Alex pocket then I would buy more but since he is an employee, its not the case.

#48 fishfins

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

SO much salt on a made up mech in a made up universe.

#49 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

the mech looks okay, Alex's art is pretty awesome. gamewise, we really didn't need another IS heavy, especially another 65 tonner. It has no MASC, no JJ, no ECM, so it's essentially a Tbolt with slightly higher engine cap, and spread ballistics. It will have mgun quirks, which are mostly worthless. It's an XL coffin.

Lore complaint yeah I don't do these often, but if you're gonna do this, then at least do it right.

The Ishiyama arena is in Kobe, the DC section of Solaris city. The Colliseum is the class 6 arena in Silesia the Steiner sector of Solaris City. At least get that much right, especially if you guys are gonna claim someone from Catalyst wrote this, because that's a damn big difference.

#50 James Saxon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

I'm...I don't know what to say...

#51 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

I do not like the whole idea behind it. I will not touch it out of personal conviction. For others who want something new, good for you.

And no, the shoulder gun is not gonna be that big once the actual model comes out.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 03 December 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#52 lilHamlet

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

Okay, I'm going to do my best job at being fair in this.
  • It is a good looking design, all props to the concept art and the industrial design.
  • Many of us support & play this game because we love Battletech. Hence, we want lore mechs. (I was really hoping the "something we haven't done before" would be an Axeman, Hatchetman, or Scorpion.)
  • To anyone arguing that the Clix game had made up mechs... well that's why many Battletech fans never moved to the clix game forcing a release of Battletech Classic
  • I do appreciate the designers art in this game thus far. Many of the mechs whose original art designs were just horrid (I'm looking at you original King Crab) have been adapted to this medium with a far more appealing interpretation. We can appreciate the artists, without completely original mechs (which I don't think anyone was requesting).
Many players I started with in July have vanished and I don't think the direction of creating something entirely different under a battletech license is really going to help maintain the fanbase.

Honestly, I'm really conflicted about continued monetary and time investment into this if this is an indication of the game going forward.

*Sigh* I was really hoping to get my chance to pilot a Hatamoto-chi some day....

Edited by lilHamlet, 03 December 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#53 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

Waste of time and money...

#54 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

Nice story - nice Mech.

#55 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

Okay, I'm not going to lie... this thing is ugly as sin. And I must have it.

I don't know why. But there is just something in the way it looks, it just looks like fun.

....and those dekkles look nice too

#56 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:14 AM

When Russ said the next mech was something they had never done before I honestly thought it was going to be a chassis mounting heavy lasers or inferno srm's or some other weapon not in the game. Silly, silly, silly idiotic me....

#57 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

View Postfishfins, on 03 December 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

SO much salt on a made up mech in a made up universe.

Really? The salt is not about them making a new mech, which they can do since they have the rights for the IP. The salt comes from them doing this unimaginative and mediocre, guess what, heeeavy again mech instead of something people really has been asking for, like new weapons, or melee, or an effing light that is not a joke like most of that weight class. When the player base is happy then they can release their own mechs and try to sell them.

#58 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:47 AM

Ok, i will excuse this one as an exeption.
But it will definetly won´t find it´s way in my mechbay.
No (Original)Battletech-Lore, not with me.

#59 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

View PostMordale, on 03 December 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

WOW! What a Peace of Cr#P! REALLY?????

STOP IT PGI!
You are Killing off your player base! We WANT FW Fixed!!!! We Want more Maps, Objectives, Better game Modes, New Weapons and the List goes on! When you do that,...People will buy New MECHS and come back to playing this game! I have over 300 Mechs and i have been playing this game since the First day of Open Beta, I WILL NOT Buy any more Mechs!

But do not listen to US,....we are the ones that put money in your bank accounts! Just keep killing the Game.

Just couldn't wait until the 9pm announcements to insert your foot into your mouth with a nice sprinking of salt for seasoning, could you ?

FW gets Phase 4.1 in TEN DAYS. We get a 1v1 Solaris mode in TEN DAYS. If you cannot wait another 13 days, perhaps you should go seek another game to play. Then again, you couldn't even wait TEN hours to find out what the big annoucements were going to be. Just leaped full onto blaming a new mech for everything. EVERYONE with a brain new the next pre-order was being announced today. It should have surprised precisely NO ONE.

Edited by Dee Eight, 04 December 2016 - 02:14 AM.

#60 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:03 AM

View PostlilHamlet, on 03 December 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

Okay, I'm going to do my best job at being fair in this.
  • It is a good looking design, all props to the concept art and the industrial design.
  • Many of us support & play this game because we love Battletech. Hence, we want lore mechs. (I was really hoping the "something we haven't done before" would be an Axeman, Hatchetman, or Scorpion.)
  • To anyone arguing that the Clix game had made up mechs... well that's why many Battletech fans never moved to the clix game forcing a release of Battletech Classic
  • I do appreciate the designers art in this game thus far. Many of the mechs whose original art designs were just horrid (I'm looking at you original King Crab) have been adapted to this medium with a far more appealing interpretation. We can appreciate the artists, without completely original mechs (which I don't think anyone was requesting).
Many players I started with in July have vanished and I don't think the direction of creating something entirely different under a battletech license is really going to help maintain the fanbase.

Regarding your points #2 and #3.... many of the past mechwarrior / battletech video games had new made-up mechs in them, which only became canon to the tabletop game when they were retconned into it via new TRO printings. The Uziel, Osiris, Argus, Mad Cat II, and others were video game creations first. As to point #4...yes, there were folks who predated your involvement with this game who requested a new mech from PGI that they created for that very reason. It had been done before in other MW titles. Regarding your last bit about starting in july... you really haven't earned the right to be spreading that much salt yet, for only six months of play.

Edited by Dee Eight, 04 December 2016 - 02:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users